AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 67 60.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 22.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-28, 07:21   Link #61
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
I really loved this episode. I probably haven't laughed harder since with the whole Ami-in-the-shower moments.

It still however just gives me that feeling though, like. "Does it really need to extend to more episodes?" I do believe that whole speech made by Minori was her form of putting him down easily. I really just don't understand Minori at this point on what's keeping Ryuuji to keep liking her. Especially because while she knows about everything going on around her, she doesn't seem to show much interest because she prefers to be who she acts like.

Taiga/Ryuuji of course was adorable, every second through. It was fun to just watch them react in such a way. When they were working together to set out their little plan, it was so nice. I was hesistant about the dog dream, but it was kind of interesting to see it play out towards the couple's advantage. But when Taiga flat out said: "I feel more comfortable around you." to Ryuuji, I'm not too sure why it needs to extend out so far.

I gave this a 9/10. Despite my ramblings with the pairings, this was still a top-notch episode. Ami, I believe, is the wildcard in this whole gang, so I'm wondering what will happen with her next episode.
Exactly, if we use the fact that Taiga feels more "comfortable" with Ryuuji then with Yuusaka, there is a level of trust. That trust builds in time by the actions that are earn. Its by the actions that one takes, the behavior of the person and how they are with others.

If you think all the actions that Ryuuji has done for Taiga in the past, and what Taiga has done for Ryuuji , build a trust level that is also based on compassion and understanding of one another. No one knows the "real" person, based on them being judge mistakenly, Ryuuji with his eyes and Taiga with her actions. Taiga knows how Ryuuji is as a person, and she is "comfortable" who he is. As well as Ryuuji understand Taiga more then anyone else, so he is "comfortable" with her.

Ryuuji and Taiga are at themselves in a deeper level then most friends, since they feel "comfortable" with each other.
Old 2008-11-28, 07:30   Link #62
Voitan

That sounds to me like just good friends though.
Old 2008-11-28, 07:41   Link #63
RogerOsk

Man, this episode was the best one so far, very solid (although I seem to be saying that for each one lately!). Constant characterization with consistently character-centered comedy. And I'm rewatching it, just looking at all the little details like the excellent facial expressions and voice acting. This show is just so damn entertaining!
Old 2008-11-28, 07:49   Link #64
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

IMO it was a bit too rote in a way. It looked like Kushieda was going to spill her beans as to the reason why she isn't expecting any love or the reason why she won't pursue it, but no go.

Also, it ALMOOOOST looked like Aisaka was going to spill her beans too. But no go again....

At least it looks like Aisaka is almost to the point of voicing it out. But that was too much of a tease.
Old 2008-11-28, 07:59   Link #65
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
What maybe holding her back is her friendship to Taiga. Thus despite knowing Ryuuji is a swell guy, she is sacrificing herself to get Taiga and Ryuuji together.

Or she has fear of commitments.
Those could also be true.
There's plenty of time too for development between Ryuuji and Minori because it's only episode 9.

I wish it would quickly be Thursday again, so the next episode would be out.
Old 2008-11-28, 08:09   Link #66
Bordix

This episode makes me hungry for more ,--must control self from going to teh novels--
Old 2008-11-28, 08:15   Link #67
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
Wow, married couple? I see siblings act that way with the same familiarity if you exclude the obvious inner dilemma Taiga has. Feet on someone's back or head isn't that intimate if the context is two nonromantic equals are winding down from a stressful day.

From Taiga's POV, maybe. For Ryuuji, no.

Both entered a sort of non-romantic association with each other, and the expectation is known they are not considering each other. Initially.

So it can be easy to act a bit uncouth or relaxed and without tension in the presence of someone trustworthy but with no worries of any commitments.

For Ryuuji this is the case. Taiga however is unsure of herself and is now aware that a relationship with Ryuuji isn't a negative idea at the least.

Are they at the married couple level? No. Definately not.
I understand on friendship issue. Yet here is some of the issue based on facts.
Would you "want" to spent 24/7 with your brother/sister?
Would you "always" go the extra mile for your brother/sister?
Would you "always" communicate the most deepest feelings, thoughts, issues, or even what/why/how/when/who with your bother/sister?
Would you "always" worry about where they are, what they do, and how they are?
If you did something so negative, or lets say that something was so badly, or an issue that you know it was done by you, would you know that your bother/sister will judge you, make you feel indifferent?

Also look at the cultural differences. We in our western society take for granted the term relationship, even friendship. Having a boy/girlfriend is not a relatively big deal, the reason are that we have more time in development of ourselves in the progress, we spend time "growing up" and have more free time to do so. That is why most couple do get marry by late twentysomething, and usually later in the thirties. The structure here is more relax and we are "baby-fed" by society in general. The structure in terms of development in Japan are more stricter, and the also it based on rules that are developed since birth. High school is more "military" structure (using the term loosely), and stricter. People in general glows faster in terms of self development, and its natural by the early twentysomething to be married.

Intimate relationship can be seen in different levels, yet the differences is how is perceived. On one hand, it seems a very close relationship, that is given, yet on the other hand the relationship is more different then the average "close friendship". Now ask those questions again without the brother/sister at the end.

Would you "want" to spent 24/7 with your friends?
Would you "always" go the extra mile for your friends?
Would you "always" communicate the most deepest feelings, thoughts, issues, or even what/why/how/when/who with your friends?
Would you "always" worry about where they are, what they do, and how they are?
If you did something so negative, or lets say that something was so badly, or an issue that you know it was done by you, would you know that your friends will judge you, make you feel indifferent?

As for Taiga and Ryuuji.... well as was stated before, its more then a close friendship. They may not see it, but their actions are otherwise.

Hahaha... I think I'm becoming like Darknemo2000. Speaking of which... where are you buddy, I miss you

Last edited by KeitaroNagato; 2008-11-28 at 08:33.
Old 2008-11-28, 09:09   Link #68
BigJimmy
Burn ya git!

I'll admit, I let out a big "Dawwwwww" when the foot-rubbing-on-back occured. Although there were a few moments too, like the Shiva greeting (face it, Ami's response is what most sane people would do too. Plus the slack jaws on the surrounding people finished me), Ryujii crying to Taiga (he needs to turn in his man-card! Or counter Ami's teasing by saying "Sure, I'll jump your bones. Get nekkid woman!") and the super curry (is Minori secretly a masochist?).

Also, what kind of person walks around a house he knows has 3 girls in it with only a tiny towel covering his jibbilies? Either Kitamara is the most naive person ever or he's destined for a future of hanging around in parks wearing nothing but a dirty mac.
Old 2008-11-28, 11:08   Link #69
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I must say i throughly enjoyed this episode. The comedy was on point and lots of character interaction. I noticed a lot of what the characters said did not actually match their facial expressions. For example, Ami expression after her incident with Ryu when she asked for a walk but was totally blow off when Minorin asked Ryu for help After putting her make up on you noticed her disappointed kind angst look. I am fairly sure that Ami is falling or has already fallen for Ryu but #1 he does not take her seriously and #2 she seems to always get interrupted.

Also, Minorin and Yuusaka more and more look compatible with one another. But if we also take into account Taiga saying she feels more comfortable along with resting on the feet on Ryu's back that scene spoke a lot of how their relationship has progressed. I didnt expect Taiga to spill the beans but she was damn close. She even mentioned that maybe the dream she has was not that bad but stopped short of actually saying it. Each episode they move closer and closer together i dont know if Ryu has actually realized it yet but Taiga seems to have started recognizing Ryu's importance to her and maybe just not as friend and confidant. She places more trust in Ryu then she does anyone else it might actually rival her trust in Minorin. The level character development in Toradora has been astounding with just the right mix of comedy and drama.

I thought we were going to get a little more insight into what exactly makes Minorin tick but her conversation with Ryu was excellent and we did get some answers about her views on love and relationships and she was actually serious we have not seen that level of seriousness from her before. I also must handed it to Ryu he actually got the stones up to ask her if she had a boyfriend. I was a little confused when she answered at first wondering where she was headed with her explanation but it made sense after a listened carefully to what she was talking about.

If Ami is actually interested in Ryu she faces to big hurddles. Ryu's crush on Minorin and her relationship with Taiga not to mention Taiga would never let Ryu take that route with Ami it could get ugly if Ami decides to compete for Ryu.

10/10 great episode.
Old 2008-11-28, 12:21   Link #70
Kushi

Excellent excellent excellent episode! The Kusheida parts were really funny, the Ryuuji x girl parts were really beautiful. Like when he tried to convince Minorin to love or how cozy he was with Taiga and Amy trolling him lol! x_x. Great episode 10 out of 10
Old 2008-11-28, 12:27   Link #71
typhonsentra

By the way I dunno if this has been brought up yet but I liked the clothes the designers gave Ami in this episode. The sideways baseball cap, she's totally street yo!
Old 2008-11-28, 14:13   Link #72
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
By the way I dunno if this has been brought up yet but I liked the clothes the designers gave Ami in this episode. The sideways baseball cap, she's totally street yo!
Except for the heels LOL
Old 2008-11-28, 15:06   Link #73
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam

Onani Master Kitamura(yes a pun in itself). Was Kitamura thinking of Taiga THAT much? What a perv .

Anyways I also thought that Kitamura and Minorin were rather synchonized in this episode. I noticed that he seems to follow along with Minorin's antics alot, like at the pool. Hell, his joining the baseball team and student council might be because of her. Then again it could be because of Ryuuji, but here's not the place for me to elaborate on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I was more impressed with Minorin's style, that long, lab-length shirt and that wrist guard with a watch on it. Totally awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
What scares me more about the whole 'Yuusaku naked' scene was his reason for actually walking out naked.
I had some suspicions, but if it were true, that would be... ugh =_=.
Old 2008-11-28, 15:40   Link #74
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hardly a minute in the episode that wasn't well executed ... but I admit the foot rub moment expressed a LOT to me that some might not quite catch.
Old 2008-11-28, 15:51   Link #75
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Hardly a minute in the episode that wasn't well executed ... but I admit the foot rub moment expressed a LOT to me that some might not quite catch.
agreed. I think Taiga is starting to realize that maybe she has feelings for ryuuji, but i think she is in a bit of denial over it. Perhaps she doesn't know which ones are real, her attraction to Kitamura or her closeness and tenderness towards Ryuuji.
Old 2008-11-28, 16:43   Link #76
xminori-chanxx

lol i just watched the subbed version today =3 it was so good >.<! Yeah, but this series never fails to make me happy =D i luf it so much! I'm so confused about who i want with who... their are so many possibilities with this series! It makes my brain hurt! It's too unpredictable =S
Old 2008-11-28, 17:14   Link #77
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Its an addiction, you don't want to beat. Just keep waiting and watching, some of your dreams will be dashed upon the rocky shores of drama, others will be made real, before your eyes.
Old 2008-11-28, 17:20   Link #78
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Can we already know who Ryuuji is gonna end up with? It should go with the first girls comes, first girl gets situation, so basically itīs Taiga yeah, but iīd love it if he wouldnīt. Hope itīs not going to be yet another start out as dog-master relationship (referring to ZnT), then developing into love, yet keeping up the doggy-style.

Finally some characters like Minorin should get the chance
Old 2008-11-28, 17:26   Link #79
Baka Ronin

Doggy-style is so kinky tho....
Old 2008-11-28, 17:28   Link #80
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Yeah, I have to agree that I wouldn't really want this to end up as a RyuujixTaiga pairing at the very end. Thankfully, this episodes I believe pretty much hints that anything could be possible right now. I loved the metaphorical conversation between Ryuuji and Minorin, and there were many laughs to be had of course. All-in-all, it gets a perfect score in my book.