AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 09:36   Link #2241
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraldcoil View Post
Okay stop tsundere thing, it is annoying.
Let's discuss about what will happen in Volume 8.
The Cover has come out, it is Leonora.
I've known it for a while. I had thought volume 8 cover should be Rubia.

But if it were Leonora, I guess Kamito's harem members would add one
Old 2012-08-03, 09:42   Link #2242
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for Leonora
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Hey, I have an account but I can't open the spoilers.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 09:49   Link #2243
ImperialFlameGod8190

man seems as though things will get good i have a curiousity question for those who are ahead of what the BT translations are
Spoiler for Question:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 09:49   Link #2244
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Maybe its just my POV, but Claire just doesn't come across as bad as Louise. Calling Kamito slave is just a self-justification, because she is desperate for relationships with other people and is too proud to ask. Kamito mentions as much on several occasions. You may not think its all that sympathetic, but its at least understandable.

Also, her abuse is nowhere near as graphic as Louise's. Most of the other heroines react the same way(with violence) when they catch Kamito in compromising situations, except Est and maybe Fianna(and thats because they are usually the cause). Yet they get nowhere near as much flak. What's with that? Is Claire just the more obvious target because he lives with her?

I mean, Louise's various punishments include making sure Saito didn't get any food and beating Saito with a horsewhip because he looked at another girl. He was treated like a convenient slave in the beginning, which he essentially was.

Your carrying the comparison way too far.
And yet, we don't see the vice versa. Maybe we need something more to crush that damn pride....permanently...

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 09:59   Link #2245
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
And yet, we don't see the vice versa. Maybe we need something more to crush that damn pride....permanently...
erm....let see...*looking through catalogue*

we have Nuke here as the strongest to crush any THING

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, why Restia, who's bend to create more trouble for Kamito (like Joker to Batman) didn't appear and act touchy feely to him infront of other old participant so they'll recognize him as Ren Ashbell?

Kamito will be hunted and force himself to improve faster than his current pace, if that's what Restia want
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 10:02   Link #2246
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
erm....let see...*looking through catalogue*

we have Nuke here as the strongest to crush any THING

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, why Restia, who's bend to create more trouble for Kamito (like Joker to Batman) didn't appear and act touchy feely to him infront of other old participant so they'll recognize him as Ren Ashbell?

Kamito will be hunted and force himself to improve faster than his current pace, if that's what Restia want
^ I was wondering about that too. It somewhat feels like this whole method to make Kamito stronger is convoluted.

I mean, what would have happened if she just showed up and was like: "Kamito, these people here want to support you, you are the Dark Spirit King reincarnated, blah blah blah.. I'll come back to you if you get stronger?"
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 10:11   Link #2247
fazri
blacksun king

if i'm not wrong this novel setting is in middle age right?
so have harem is normal right?
Old 2012-08-03, 10:20   Link #2248
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:

Let's see, Is the love between Kamito and Restia just a kiss ? or much more than that, and she dont want others know it.
Old 2012-08-03, 10:55   Link #2249
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTDK View Post
Let's see, Is the love between Kamito and Restia just a kiss ? or much more than that, and she dont want others know it.
no! I mean if Restia really want Kamito to be the Demon Lord and in the process to return him to his old strength (by create trouble after another), then make other strong enemy from his past (in the competition) come and hunt him down will be a bypass to said target.

People still hasn't realize his alter ego identity, so if Restia appear beside him, and make them aware of Ren Ashbell true identity, he'll be forced to improve (regain his old strength and level up) faster, or crushed by other contender that didn't share same drawback like him (3 vacuum years)....and that way...Restia goal will achieved faster

it goes like this:

1.Restia appear beside Kamito
2.Ellis sister : Hey?! that's Ren Ashbell spirit, so you are Ren Ashbell?!, Everyone that beaten by Ren Ashbell, catch him! it's pay back time!
3.Kamito: *forced to re-train his skill to fend off them*
4.Kamito: Defeat all those who chase him...reclaim his Champion belt and become Demon Lord
Old 2012-08-03, 10:59   Link #2250
KuroiHikari

Restia didn't intend to create trouble for Kamito, in fact Kamito kind of gave Restia trouble, since he wasn't supposed to interfere.
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 11:08   Link #2251
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiHikari View Post
Restia didn't intend to create trouble for Kamito, in fact Kamito kind of gave Restia trouble, since he wasn't supposed to interfere.
Oh really? then what is she doin in Vol 1 chapter 5 Part 4?
Quote:
At the same instant, in every room of the female dormitory Claire lived in, a little incident occurred.

The spirits used in the spirit devices in the kitchen, bathroom and etc. suddenly began to go out of control.

After the spirit investigation party investigated the dormitory, it brought it to an end with meager words that the incident was of an unknown cause –

In the darkness shined by the blue moon – a black-winged angel gently alighted at the academy tower.

It was a black haired girl, dressed in a jet black dress.

The girl landed gently on the roof of the female dormitory and smiled pitifully.

"—I wanted to meet you, Kamito."

On the girl's palm, wriggling lumps of darkness were floating.

"But you're still not the true you."

She reached her hands to the empty sky and the darkness colored orbs drifted and disappeared in the night sky.

"That's why, I'll offer up my memories."

The girl chuckled.

Like a cruel little girl.

Like a pure demon.

Old 2012-08-03, 11:39   Link #2252
Athena
The Power of One

...wait, volume 8 is out already?
Old 2012-08-03, 11:49   Link #2253
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
no! I mean if Restia really want Kamito to be the Demon Lord and in the process to return him to his old strength (by create trouble after another), then make other strong enemy from his past (in the competition) come and hunt him down will be a bypass to said target.

People still hasn't realize his alter ego identity, so if Restia appear beside him, and make them aware of Ren Ashbell true identity, he'll be forced to improve (regain his old strength and level up) faster, or crushed by other contender that didn't share same drawback like him (3 vacuum years)....and that way...Restia goal will achieved faster

it goes like this:

1.Restia appear beside Kamito
2.Ellis sister : Hey?! that's Ren Ashbell spirit, so you are Ren Ashbell?!, Everyone that beaten by Ren Ashbell, catch him! it's pay back time!
3.Kamito: *forced to re-train his skill to fend off them*
4.Kamito: Defeat all those who chase him...reclaim his Champion belt and become Demon Lord
Not really. What she want is just not only Kamito regain his power and become demon lord but also become her contractor again (I mean they can be together like the past)

From what I see, it's the Restia's big plan, she actually dont want Kamito get lots of trouble. If they knew Kamito true identity, then the whole world knew, and her plan would be break. She want to keep it secret.

First was Jio, and then Rubia team, they had already known Kamito as Ren, and also amp him to become Demon king successor, how they know that ? I think it's Restia. The fact that she always care about Kamito, follow him and help him if needed.

My question is: ppl call it "Dark spirit King", "Demon Lord". Is it devil or goodness ?

@Athena: Just cover, it will publish on 24/8
Old 2012-08-03, 11:52   Link #2254
Xacual

Quote:
My question is: ppl call it "Dark spirit King", "Demon Lord". It is devil or goodness ?

@Athena: Just cover, it will public on 24/8
From the context of the story? I'd say good, the so called spirit kings aren't exactly nice guys and they always say you can tell more about someone or something by their enemies than their friends, and the dark spirit king was the enemy of those others.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 12:40   Link #2255
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
First was Jio, and then Rubia team, they had already known Kamito as Ren, and also amp him to become Demon king successor, how they know that ? I think it's Restia. The fact that she always care about Kamito, follow him and help him if needed.
waaaaaaaaaaait...

i thought a couple of the members were from kamito's assasin school which he grew up with.
and one of them is a full blown yan over kamito.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 12:46   Link #2256
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
waaaaaaaaaaait...

i thought a couple of the members were from kamito's assasin school which he grew up with.
and one of them is a full blown yan over kamito.
Yes, she knew Kamito but Ren. Even if she recognized Restia, there no way she could define "Ren" as Kamito

Last edited by BTDK; 2012-08-03 at 14:27.
BTDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 13:11   Link #2257
willx
Nyaaan~~

Basically, everything that everyone has said, still doesn't answer the question why Restia didn't appear again to Kamito before he joined the academy.

If she just showed up in front of him with her followers before he ever joined the academy again and said, "I'm back, but I can only stay with you if you grow stronger and become the Dark Spirit King" -- he'd probably go and do it :P

Hopefully the author will give some rationale for this.
Old 2012-08-03, 13:53   Link #2258
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Basically, everything that everyone has said, still doesn't answer the question why Restia didn't appear again to Kamito before he joined the academy.

If she just showed up in front of him with her followers before he ever joined the academy again and said, "I'm back, but I can only stay with you if you grow stronger and become the Dark Spirit King" -- he'd probably go and do it :P

Hopefully the author will give some rationale for this.
...that's kinda one of the mysteries of the novel as to why she didn't or couldn't show up in front of him
Old 2012-08-03, 16:09   Link #2259
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
...that's kinda one of the mysteries of the novel as to why she didn't or couldn't show up in front of him
Yep, so until that's explained (if it's ever explained) .. the whole "challenges so you can get stronger" thing is really just a convoluted excuse for him to meet lots of girls?

Disbelief can only be suspended so far, especially when in Vol 2 you have people yelling out "Strongest Blade Dancer" over and over again without anyone being even slightly suspicious..
Old 2012-08-03, 16:59   Link #2260
fallton13

Location: Couldn't choose left or right so I built a house here.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
BTW, all main girls in IS except Houki openly admit they like Ichika, Ichika is just too dense...
Actually she has said it once...sort of. Poor Houki getting sake instead of water. Then confessing in her stupor while Ichika's carrying her home. I hate Ichika. Because of his super denseness he couldn't decipher her slur when she said it. Ichika can be used as a benchmark or a unit of measurement for denseness. Some one needs to make an "Ichika meter" for use when comparing MCs.

But on topic...again sort of... I really think the whole Tsundere issue needs cleared.

First, Tsundere only refers to the emotional standing and capabilities of someone. To try and compare all of the tsundere female characters is a bit much.

Second, the biggest misconception is that tsundere=S. That is incorrect. The problem here comes from the majority of tsundere characters personalities being built from being over pampered or even noble/aristocratic upbringing. Thus the reason they look down on most everyone. Their selfishness or greed is what turns them into an S. Again the misconception is present because the tsundere personality also comes from the same type of upbringing.

Summing it up, not all tsunderes are S's. It just turns out most S's are tsunderes.

IMO

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap