AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-19, 20:33   Link #561
Leebot
Cognivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
You have to realize that otome takes place in an alternate universe from hime so the fumi from otome isn't the same as the one from hime.
Not necessarily. Sunrise seems intent on straddling the line between "barely possible" and "implausible," so we can't really say it isn't. In any case, it's really doubtful that it's the same Fumi if it is the same universe; more likely a reincarnation, like everyone else would be.
Old 2007-12-19, 22:13   Link #562
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebot View Post
Not necessarily. Sunrise seems intent on straddling the line between "barely possible" and "implausible," so we can't really say it isn't. In any case, it's really doubtful that it's the same Fumi if it is the same universe; more likely a reincarnation, like everyone else would be.
I hate that whole reincarnation mess. It's overdone and only wishful thinking.
Old 2007-12-20, 06:57   Link #563
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

I actually touched the "reincarnation" issue in my fanfics (where, as pretty much everything else, it's a case of magic-from-technology). But whatever I write there, including all attempts to reconcile HiME with Otome, is not what I believe "really" happened. I think that Otome is "really" a different universe.
Old 2007-12-20, 13:55   Link #564
solarknight123

Quote:
Well if the case of the two series being in the same universe is true than the most that otome-fumi could be is a descendant of the Hime-fumi. Like Sikon, i too believe that the two series exsist in different universe and all the things we see in MO from hime are just references, unless sunrise decide to say differently.
Old 2007-12-20, 14:49   Link #565
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaiko View Post
What I don't understand though, is if Sifr is supposed to be Nina's mother/Queen of Windbloom (which looks pretty likely, especially now that Sifr and Nina have the same VA) why did they change her eye color to violet in the newer pictures, when the first official picture of Sifr with Lena had Sifr with Nina's golden-amber eyes AND all the pictures of the Queen of Windbloom in Otome have the golden ones as well?

I should probably just shrug my shoulders and say "lol, Sunrise" but just for once can't these people stay consistent with something as small as eye color?
Having children that look nothing like their parents is a common theme in anime, so I'm not that surprised. The first official image's change quite a bit till the finally versions when it comes to this series. The Otome 0 version of Sifr is the finally version and I personally like it better. But who knows, we haven't seen the King yet, maybe Nina will look more like him.
Old 2007-12-20, 16:20   Link #566
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pisces View Post
Having children that look nothing like their parents is a common theme in anime, so I'm not that surprised. The first official image's change quite a bit till the finally versions when it comes to this series. The Otome 0 version of Sifr is the finally version and I personally like it better. But who knows, we haven't seen the King yet, maybe Nina will look more like him.
I'm pretty sure Bruce Wales is Bruce Windbloom in disguise.
Old 2007-12-20, 19:47   Link #567
Otomefan

Another question. Someone mentioned earlier that the Delta Otome Squad in Zwei were all contracted to Chie Hallard. I was just curious where that was mentioned. I know Chie was a major undercover in My Otome.
Old 2007-12-20, 19:50   Link #568
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomefan View Post
Another question. Someone mentioned earlier that the Delta Otome Squad in Zwei were all contracted to Chie Hallard. I was just curious where that was mentioned. I know Chie was a major undercover in My Otome.
They were not contracted to Chie, they were contracted to the old guy general with glasses. He was shown to have a ring with four GEMs, including one for Chie. Chie was just the sub-leader (?) of the squad.
Old 2007-12-20, 22:40   Link #569
Leebot
Cognivore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
They were not contracted to Chie, they were contracted to the old guy general with glasses. He was shown to have a ring with four GEMs, including one for Chie. Chie was just the sub-leader (?) of the squad.
I'd describe her position more as the field commander. She makes on-the-spot decisions for them, while the general makes higher-order decisions.
Old 2007-12-20, 23:42   Link #570
Same_Shark

Quote:
I'd describe her position more as the field commander. She makes on-the-spot decisions for them, while the general makes higher-order decisions.
That's exactly what she REALLY is. General Bowman is her commander and she is the commander of the Delta Otome Squad.
Old 2007-12-21, 09:54   Link #571
Otomefan

Did anyone notice in the pictures of the Otomes that Elliot has a red A symbol and Raquel has a four pointed red star? I'm curious as to whether they may just be decoration or if the symbols may have some kind of meaning.
Old 2007-12-21, 19:24   Link #572
Same_Shark

Quote:
Did anyone notice in the pictures of the Otomes that Elliot has a red A symbol and Raquel has a four pointed red star? I'm curious as to whether they may just be decoration or if the symbols may have some kind of meaning.
You may not have noticed, but Sara had that symbol too. Elliot is probably from Aries just like Sara.
Old 2007-12-22, 11:29   Link #573
Otomefan

So in the same respect, it could be assumed that the red star that Raquel has is represntative of Sister Shion's home country, just like both Arika and Lena have the blue star symoblizing them as the Otomes of the Rulers of Windbloom.
Old 2007-12-22, 12:12   Link #574
Same_Shark

Quote:
So in the same respect, it could be assumed that the red star that Raquel has is represntative of Sister Shion's home country, just like both Arika and Lena have the blue star symoblizing them as the Otomes of the Rulers of Windbloom.
Yes, that is correct. All Otome have the symbol of the country they serve on their little flap thingie.
Old 2007-12-22, 14:29   Link #575
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
You may not have noticed, but Sara had that symbol too. Elliot is probably from Aries just like Sara.
Tha "A" thing stand for the First Column. Don't know why they put that and not an roman number, like the other columns...
Old 2007-12-22, 18:46   Link #576
Otomefan

Hey all. Just a quick thought. I know we have had many theories floating around as to who the other three columns are of the five columns in My Otome 0. Something just occurred to me but maybe i am wrong. Is it possible for an Otome to be a column and then become a regular Otome? Because I was watching Zwei and I noticed that Ein was Shizuru's oneesama. Could she be the Bewitching Smile Amethyst?
Old 2007-12-22, 18:56   Link #577
Leebot
Cognivore

Quote:
Hey all. Just a quick thought. I know we have had many theories floating around as to who the other three columns are of the five columns in My Otome 0. Something just occurred to me but maybe i am wrong. Is it possible for an Otome to be a column and then become a regular Otome? Because I was watching Zwei and I noticed that Ein was Shizuru's oneesama. Could she be the Bewitching Smile Amethyst?
Well, I believe it should be possible for an Otome to switch masters. If that's the case, then it should be possible for them to switch to/from being a column as well.

Reason I believe master-switching is possible has to do with Haruka's situation. From the Drama CD, we know that the year of her graduation, Yukino was graduating from university. Since there's no way she'd be contracted to Yukino right at that point, she must have been contracted to someone else first (likely the current president of Aries). Then she'd have to later change her contract to Yukino.
Old 2007-12-22, 19:05   Link #578
Same_Shark

Quote:
No, Ahn is not the Bewitching Smile Amethyst. She's the Infinite Wisdom Azurite and has always been. Otome don't change Robes unless there's a situation like the one with Akane. Columns are always columns. Just because an Otome is a member of the Trias doesn't mean they'll be a Column and just because a Robe has been used by a Column twice doesn't mean it's always a Robe used by Columns.
Old 2007-12-22, 20:20   Link #579
Otomefan

I actually wasn't speaking of Ahn Lu. Who I meant was Ein, in Otome Zwei. She had short brown hair, blue swimsuit and was the one who was drunk and tried making out with the other otomes. Also, according to Yukariko's situation, robe switching is possible. She was contracted to several different masters before returning to Garderobe, which I assume means she didn't always have the same robe. Also, in the manga, Nina had three different robes, including the Sky Blue Sapphire, and Chie was a Valkyrie before she became a major in the Aries army. So I think the idea of Ein, Shizuru's big sister, being the Bewitching Smile Amethyst is not as unlikely as it first seems.
Old 2007-12-22, 20:21   Link #580
Same_Shark

Quote:
I actually wasn't speaking of Ahn Lu. Who I meant was Ein, in Otome Zwei. She had short brown hair, blue swimsuit and was the one who was drunk and tried making out with the other otomes.
Yes, that's is Ahn Lu. It was subbed as "Ein", but it's Ahn. Vietnamese girl's name, not German boy's name.
Closed Thread