AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-11, 18:40   Link #1141
onemadcow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Cause the anime is following the manga and the manga hasn't even got passed Saki's round in the prefecture preliminaries. This means that if Hisa's round only takes 1 episode .. the next 14 episodes will be about Nodoka's and Saki's matches. They'll probably fill episodes up with background here and there from various characters .. but those 2 matches will still be the main focus for the rest of the season.
I seriously doubt that will be the case. Since the show is going to be 24 episodes, there probably won't be a second season. That means one of two things. Either Gonzo writes a whole s-load of anime original material to complete the story, or they work together with the author (ala Toradora!) to get an outline of the intended plot and fill in the gaps. I mentioned it once before, but the manga-ka has taken off a considerable amount of time from the manga (2 issues, a whole month) so I'm betting on the latter theory. It's what I'm hoping for.
onemadcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 19:15   Link #1142
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Anyone wants some Hawaii's Saki girls?

Old 2009-06-11, 20:51   Link #1143
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

^ Mihoko feeding Yuuki a taco... too cute for words... there's nothing else there worth mentioning.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 22:58   Link #1144
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemadcow View Post
Either Gonzo writes a whole s-load of anime original material to complete the story,
Well, considering GONZO's history...
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 11:26   Link #1145
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
ANN also put ED3's name on their website

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10527
I put that there a week or two ago. Always on the top of music news. And I just found out about the new OP. My next priority: Remembering how many "o"s are in there.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-13, 01:39   Link #1146
Peanutbutter

Can anyone help me make an animated avatar of Koromo flailing her arms in Ep 10: 16:23 - 16:25?

Thanks in advance.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 04:55   Link #1147
Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemadcow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post
Cause the anime is following the manga and the manga hasn't even got passed Saki's round in the prefecture preliminaries. This means that if Hisa's round only takes 1 episode .. the next 14 episodes will be about Nodoka's and Saki's matches. They'll probably fill episodes up with background here and there from various characters .. but those 2 matches will still be the main focus for the rest of the season.
I seriously doubt that will be the case. Since the show is going to be 24 episodes, there probably won't be a second season. That means one of two things. Either Gonzo writes a whole s-load of anime original material to complete the story, or they work together with the author (ala Toradora!) to get an outline of the intended plot and fill in the gaps. I mentioned it once before, but the manga-ka has taken off a considerable amount of time from the manga (2 issues, a whole month) so I'm betting on the latter theory. It's what I'm hoping for.
This was whole point of my previous post, but looks like there are a lot of people who believe that this anime (24 episodes) will cover only regional preliminaries. Was there some announcement by Gonzo or where this information/rumour come from? I know current state of manga story and from my point of view there is enough material to fill let say 4 episodes, maybe 6-7 if they stretch it and use some omakes, but 14? It will become epic filler and I hope it doesn't happen.
Old 2009-06-14, 06:20   Link #1148
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
This was whole point of my previous post, but looks like there are a lot of people who believe that this anime (24 episodes) will cover only regional preliminaries. Was there some announcement by Gonzo or where this information/rumour come from? I know current state of manga story and from my point of view there is enough material to fill let say 4 episodes, maybe 6-7 if they stretch it and use some omakes, but 14? It will become epic filler and I hope it doesn't happen.
By my calculations, knowledge, and extrapolating from their current pace, they'll run out of manga material right around episode 20.

I have no idea what they are planning to do when that happens at all. Heck, I'm not sure even THEY know yet.

People are also forgetting that after the team tournament is over, there's still the individual competition at the qualifiers that could be covered instead of making up something about the nationals. That also means that favorites from the other schools could still be the main characters and there wouldn't have to be any "filler" characters either, although I'm not sure how entertaining it would be.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 07:57   Link #1149
Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
By my calculations, knowledge, and extrapolating from their current pace, they'll run out of manga material right around episode 20.
iirc you are translating Saki for CR, right? So if "knowledge" mean that you have seen some episodes ahead, then I can't argue with you and will surrender .
But if it isn't case then I think your calculation is bit too narrow/linear. Yes, first 10 episodes cover 2 and 1/2 manga volumes (out of 6) so you can easily calculate 20+ episodes for 6 existing volumes, but from my point of view first part of manga contains many different events and has much faster pace then rest which focus only to final matches (Hisa: 1/2 volume, Nodoka 1 volume, Saki 2 volumes) with only few panels about opponents backgrounds. And if they will try to fit this significantly slower pace to same amount episodes, it will become tad boring (i can't imagine watching Saki vs. Koromo match over 5 or 6 episodes). So I still believe they will compress it bit to let say 1 (Hisa match+penguin), 1 (Nodoka match), 2 (Saki match) episodes ....

Quote:
I have no idea what they are planning to do when that happens at all. Heck, I'm not sure even THEY know yet.
It is Gonzo, nothing what they do can't surprise me anymore
But still, cut main story in half and say "we will show you second half next year if DVD sales will be good enough" will be too much even for me

Quote:
People are also forgetting that after the team tournament is over, there's still the individual competition at the qualifiers that could be covered instead of making up something about the nationals. That also means that favorites from the other schools could still be the main characters and there wouldn't have to be any "filler" characters either, although I'm not sure how entertaining it would be.
Manga never touched individual competition and I expect group finals are main event of tournament so we can assume individual finals are already finished.
Old 2009-06-14, 08:02   Link #1150
bayoab

If Gonzo needs filler, they can always just create the Gonzo invitational tournament and then select the individual players that the fans want to see more of. Though I more suspect that Gonzo filler will result in another hot springs visit.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 10:04   Link #1151
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
If Gonzo needs filler, they can always just create the Gonzo invitational tournament and then select the individual players that the fans want to see more of. Though I more suspect that Gonzo filler will result in another hot springs visit.
They already did that episode, so I guess it'll have to be the "summer house on the beach" episode instead.

Nodoka's family is rich enough. I guess. Oh, and Fujita-pro can be the chaperon, and Touka and Ryuumonbuchi can own the villa next door and they have a grudge match playing beach volleyball or something.

Wait, did I just give away the plot of the DVD only OVA? Crap...
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-06-14, 12:34   Link #1152
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Episode 11 just finished airing
Spoiler for Ep 11:

Seriously, this episode was awesome.
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 13:08   Link #1153
einhorn303

Btw, Quarkboy, I believe I noticed a small misspelling in this episode: it should be "sleight of hand," not "slight of hand." (At 15:08, 16:03, and then later throughout the conversation)

Also, at 18:51, Koromo says "Haramura Nonoka" instead of "Haramura Nodoka."

So now we're getting two episodes per round...maybe Nodoka and Saki's games will be stretched out to three episodes each. Pretty nuts.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 13:45   Link #1154
ThoHell

Osoi! Where ep 11? Whoever already saw... GRRR at you! Hmm, this is weird, I've really gotten into this series. Weird weird weird. Anyways, can't wait to watch for 11 to see how epic it will be!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 13:46   Link #1155
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Btw, Quarkboy, I believe I noticed a small misspelling in this episode: it should be "sleight of hand," not "slight of hand." (At 15:08, 16:03, and then later throughout the conversation)
Well then, so much for my editor . That shall be fixed.

Quote:
Also, at 18:51, Koromo says "Haramura Nonoka" instead of "Haramura Nodoka."
I specifically put Nonoka with a note that it was [sic]... Hmm, need to beat someone with a stick if they changed it back
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-06-14, 13:49   Link #1156
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
Osoi! Where ep 11? Whoever already saw... GRRR at you! Hmm, this is weird, I've really gotten into this series. Weird weird weird. Anyways, can't wait to watch for 11 to see how epic it will be!
It was broadcast perfectly normally, the same schedule it's had the whole run:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-529170/saki-11/

Quote:
Well then, so much for my editor . That shall be fixed.

I specifically put Nonoka with a note that it was [sic]... Hmm, need to beat someone with a stick if they changed it back
Oh, so Koromo herself said it wrong? Sorry, I guess as a very English-centric viewer I just read the subs and let the dub track blur into a babbling stream.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 13:55   Link #1157
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Oh, so Koromo herself said it wrong? Sorry, I guess as a very English-centric viewer I just read the subs and let the dub track blur into a babbling stream.
Yup, Koromo doesn't know her name properly (or misheard Fujita).

Anyway, "Nonoka" is way cuter sounding when Koromo says it.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-06-14, 13:59   Link #1158
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

When will the new OP be broadcasted BTW?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 14:00   Link #1159
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
When will the new OP be broadcasted BTW?
Not usually before episode 13, right? If it's a 24 episodes show, then 12 and 12 seems likely. P.S. I have no idea .
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-06-14, 14:04   Link #1160
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

That's usually the norm, but they seem to favor random insertions of ED2, so maybe they'll follow suit for OP2. aka I have no idea either.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen