AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-26, 01:31   Link #9621
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Then Kyuukai will probably end up shooting one of them to the death with one of the guns he brought to the Academy.

He wouldn't have a workshop building, but he would have at least a vault-like storage room in the Arena'a maintenance rooms. Where else would you keep weapons that can't be detected by the ISA security?

After that, the Convention would probably declare war or a boycott against Dunoa Corporation, for attacking a neutral ground, specifically Neutral Ground #48.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 01:37   Link #9622
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthernalRain View Post
@ Eratas: Then Kyuukai will probably end up shooting one of them to the death with one of the guns he brought to the Academy.

He wouldn't have a workshop building, but he would have at least a vault-like storage room in the Arena'a maintenance rooms. Where else would you keep weapons that can't be detected by the ISA security?

After that, the Convention would probably declare war or a boycott against Dunoa Corporation, for attacking a neutral ground, specifically Neutral Ground #48.
@ Zero - They're not attacking ISA per say. They ant Charlotte, but why pass up the chance to get possible info?

@ Rain - Then I hope Kyuukai wears a suit since he'll probably be on trial too. The other three don't kill anyone.
Old 2011-11-26, 01:40   Link #9623
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, I don't understand, I thot you said "A group of armed men attacking I.S. Academy to capture Char". Either way, go ahead.
Old 2011-11-26, 01:44   Link #9624
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

j@ Eratas:

Dunoa Corporation attacks a Neutral Ground protected by FRACTURE. One of the assailants attempts bodily harm upon a civilian. FRACTURE operative kills assailant, well within rules of engagement, and in defense of a civilian and self.

No matter how much Dunoa presses, Kyuukai gets away no matter how you look at it. The Convention is probably going to wage literal, economical, and legislative war on them.

But that won't change how the rest of ISA views him after this. Most of ISA only sees his fame. They seem to neglect the job that fame came from. And the things that job entails.

How would his friends act, knowing he just killed a man? And it hasn't been his first murder?
Old 2011-11-26, 01:47   Link #9625
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Now that would be awesome, coherent with Laura's statement that most student in I.S.A. see I.S. related business not much more important than fashion or game.

They're being blinded by prestige and lenience, and the attack might serves as some character development for everyone.
Old 2011-11-26, 01:47   Link #9626
Eratas123

@ Zero - They want Charlotte for both possible data and her unit. The men are Dunoa security guards loyal to Raphael so they'll do anything he asks.

@ Rain - Is FRACTURE really all powerful? My plan for IS academy was for it to be like Academy city where they're independent of everything. Sorry, but is there anything IS related that FRACTURE doesn't have it's hands on?

Kyuukai killing a man wouldn't be much of a surprise for everyone except Houki and Rin. Cecilia and the others know about death and their effects already. Tatenashi really wouldn't flinch considering who her partner is.
Old 2011-11-26, 01:48   Link #9627
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Well, in mine, the Second MPIS is named "Raider", a truly multipurpose I.S. designed to fill virtually any role. In a way, similar to F-16 and recently, F-35 series of Jet Fighter. However, there's two problem: Cost and complexity.

First, it cost more than Uchigane, second, while it has modular frame, there's no reason for removing any feature at all (besides for extra part or Equalizer) and the number of parts itself is similar to Uchigane (10 parts, instead of 22 parts like Rafael). Doesn't stop it from being jack of all Trade unit however.

As in case of Rafale, the construction is very complex and the cost of the frame is rather high (specialized parts not included ), but it's incredibly modular status means they're could be easily modified by changing one of the 22 parts (collectors might need a lot of cash... to collect those custom parts)

Though in the end, Uchigane win the title of most popular unit since they have rigid frames (which means very sturdy and hard to breaks) and sacrificing attack strength and speed for superb defense, and most of all, ease of control and balance, which allow it to be used by amateurs.
So...

Uchigane is the popular "Japanese car" that's cheap and practically unbreakable, and yet under the right hands (and mods) be potent powerhouses (Honda CIVIC/EVO, Mitsubishi Lancers, Toyota AE86, etc).

Iron Maiden/Raider is similar, very widely massproduced, but high maintenance -- a typical "US car"

Rafales are friggin' Lambro/Ferrari/Lotus/Jaguars.
Old 2011-11-26, 01:54   Link #9628
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
So...

Uchigane is the popular "Japanese car" that's cheap and practically unbreakable, and yet under the right hands (and mods) be potent powerhouses (Honda CIVIC/EVO, Mitsubishi Lancers, Toyota AE86, etc).
Yeah, Shirogane, assembled from Uchigane plus booster and skirt from old but potent ShiroKishi is similar to Kurogane. Very fast, hits hard, durable, and definitely unstable... EXCEPT IT CAN FLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Iron Maiden/Raider is similar, very widely massproduced, but high maintenance -- a typical "US car"

Rafales are friggin' Lambro/Ferrari/Lotus/Jaguars.
Yeah, definitely this.
Old 2011-11-26, 01:58   Link #9629
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: They're the only force that's allowed to have IS deployed in life and death armed combat. This is the reason why governments that aren't allied with them, hate them, and unrest appears throughout the world. Which also spawns the Second Conflict.

ISA is independent, for sure, but FRACTURE is responsible for protecting it's assets, both potential and already secured.

Besides, as soon as news of the attack reaches FRACTURE, Tabane, Ethan, and numerous sectors of FRACTURE want to crack down on Dunoa and wage a miniature version of the SC on Dunoa Corp grounds.

They took armed men, armed men who could easily kill civilians, heck, they also tried to rape them, and expected to get away with it.

To Kyuukai and the ISA group, this isn't business. This just got personal. So I'm betting Kyuukai will take Ichika on a trip to Paris. And they'll have a heart to heart talk with Charlotte's father.
Old 2011-11-26, 02:13   Link #9630
Eratas123

@ Rain - You mind if I make FRACTURE weaker here? Sorry, but this story doesn't just focus on Kyuukai, it focuses on the world at large and how different characters see the world around them.

Also, this is an AU here so I'm not following every element in your fic to the letter. For example, Tabane actually launched the missiles and does some more dickish things instead of being the tragic figure in HOTM.
Old 2011-11-26, 02:16   Link #9631
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I'd say go ahead, but I have to wonder: How much weaker?

I'm okay with it personally, but I'd like to know.
Old 2011-11-26, 02:27   Link #9632
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How big is Dunois company in canon?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 02:35   Link #9633
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
How big is Dunois company in canon?
Big, it's 2nd Generation model is the 3rd most popular frame in the world, though they've been on thin ice recently for not having a 3rd Generation frame.
Old 2011-11-26, 02:37   Link #9634
Eratas123

@ Rain - Not by much. They manage some things but they also follow the 467 core rule and they have some comtroversy for housing the person who launced missiles at a populated city.

Also, ISA can tell them to shove off if they want and they can't do anything about it. Also, they're number of IS units are lower and they stick to most of the already made designs.
Old 2011-11-26, 02:41   Link #9635
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: In my fic, ISA can already tell them to shove off. Which is why they end up evicting Kyuukai after an incident in the beginning of the second year. He gets taken in by the woman who runs the orphanage that he volunteers at. This woman is also Adam's lover. But Kyuukai doesn't know, and the woman (not yet named) thinks her boyfriend's an overseas businessman.

Also, everything's good.
Old 2011-11-26, 02:44   Link #9636
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@detective: they didn't expand on company assets and involvement in any government/military projects/decisions anything?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 02:45   Link #9637
HasuMasu
*Artist

Nothing like that was said.
Old 2011-11-26, 02:47   Link #9638
Eratas123

@ Rain - Going Rambo on the Dunoa corp is gonna end up badly for FRACTURE since they're not as strong as they imply and they are and Dunoa is a large corporation. Also, the mooks have no noticeable id on them so the murder looks really controversial. Yes, they were trying to kill or rape people, but they have no proof of that and the guns are hardly proof since not a single bullet was fired. Basically, since they don't let the Dunoa corp soldiers fire off a single shot, it ends up hindering them.
Old 2011-11-26, 02:51   Link #9639
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I'm assuming the ALBATROSS doesn't exist then.

Also, in that case, they won't go after Dunoa. Maybe in my fic they will. But Kyuukai will still get away "clean" from the murder, but they can't pin the dead guy to Dunoa.
Old 2011-11-26, 02:55   Link #9640
Eratas123

@ Rain - Can you tell me about the ALBATROSS?

Side note - Since Kyuukai loses more blood, does thag mean he nosebleeds more.

@ Zero - Is the Absolute Defense a cure for all wounds?

@ Meister - Does Karon's ISper powers have any weakness other than "find out things she didn't want to"?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest