AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-16, 04:13   Link #9261
Xiammes

Look what I found on /a/ tonight.

Spoiler for image:

He still didn't want her to die, but you can't say that he didn't hold resentment towards her.
Old 2012-09-16, 05:09   Link #9262
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post

Spoiler for image:

He still didn't want her to die, but you can't say that he didn't hold resentment towards her.
look like I'm not the only one who's mistaken this char gender

eh...that's was my sig (without blood splatter)

and yeah, Saten hold something up his sleeve for her

ups!
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 10:11   Link #9263
Homura7

One event after another gives you no choice but forget momentarily about your sorrow and focus solely on surviving.

Cruz/Yamada simply had no time to mourn the loss of his sister. You can also say he already mourned her the necessary before his Needless inner finally awakened fully.

Ignore what others say in other places in the net.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 11:48   Link #9264
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
look like I'm not the only one who's mistaken this char gender
The her referred was Aruka.

Quote:

Spoiler for image:

Lol, nice find, Xiammes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
One event after another gives you no choice but forget momentarily about your sorrow and focus solely on surviving.

Cruz/Yamada simply had no time to mourn the loss of his sister. You can also say he already mourned her the necessary before his Needless inner finally awakened fully.

Ignore what others say in other places in the net.
Yeah, you're right.
Old 2012-09-16, 20:12   Link #9265
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I mean when Blade and Eve showed up, and Blade told Cruz it was his own power that saved him from Arclight's attack. He was so focused on this revelation that he forgot his sister just died in front of him, and found it even with Simeon, she was still protecting him. Some readers were upset with him for this. I believe their was a reason for this. As Xiammes said, he could have trouble proccesing everything that just happened. Events did occur pretty fast. It's just I see commenters on other sites bashing Cruz for that. Also, he could never have negative feelings for Aruka. He was in tears when Arclight killed her.
I still don't see why some people would have an issue with that. Sure, his sister, one that he still loves, died in front of him and she was acting strange trying to protect him and stuff but he just repelled an attack from Arclight, was reunited with Blade and Eve, and found out about his ability. You know since the beginning of the series he's always wanted a Fragment and wanted to help Blade and Eve by fighting with them and protecting them, so it shouldn't be surprising that he's more absorbed with that than after watching his sister die for the second time. Remember, during the first 'death', he crawled away into the sewers and did his best to escape, not dwell on the fact until afterwards when he was in safety.

Dunno, pretty weak to give him flax over something minor like that. Thanks for clarifying it, was able to understand what you mean now.
Old 2012-09-17, 10:07   Link #9266
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:

Spoiler for image:

you have found proof on my theory that Saten is a shota-con! Good find >.O
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 12:45   Link #9267
Ynot

Quote:
You might want to take those links down. I recently got in trouble for posting a link on here.
I don't think those links should be a problem since it's the author himself who put them there.

Anyway. I've been spending some time looking up info on BLACKSPOT. I can't really remember what has and hasn't been said already in this thread and have no desire to plow through more than 400 pages so I'm going to be repeating some things and hopefully add some new stuff.

Basically, Blackspot is a "simplified" version of the original Needless which the author scribbled down into so called "university notebooks" during his highschool days and was close to 2000 pages. Originally Blackspot was supposed to be 50 pages, but it grew into 330.

Unfortunately I didn't find an extensive summary of BLACKSPOT anywhere, but I've posted my translation of the japanese wikipedia about Blackspot and some interesting pieces which I've found on Imai's site below. It probably still has a bunch of translation errors so don't go and quote this elsewhere.

Spoiler for blackspot info:
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 13:51   Link #9268
Homura7

If I remember right, according with the timeline the Blackspot side story takes place almost near the end of the Needless part 2.
Old 2012-09-17, 21:39   Link #9269
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
I don't think those links should be a problem since it's the author himself who put them there.

Anyway. I've been spending some time looking up info on BLACKSPOT. I can't really remember what has and hasn't been said already in this thread and have no desire to plow through more than 400 pages so I'm going to be repeating some things and hopefully add some new stuff.

Basically, Blackspot is a "simplified" version of the original Needless which the author scribbled down into so called "university notebooks" during his highschool days and was close to 2000 pages. Originally Blackspot was supposed to be 50 pages, but it grew into 330.

Unfortunately I didn't find an extensive summary of BLACKSPOT anywhere, but I've posted my translation of the japanese wikipedia about Blackspot and some interesting pieces which I've found on Imai's site below. It probably still has a bunch of translation errors so don't go and quote this elsewhere.

Spoiler for blackspot info:
Thanks, Ynot for the info. Nice to learn the original idea author had and how it came to be what we know. I hope this will stop the guessing of how certain Needless 0 chapters fit into the current storyline as Imai Kami-san said himself that Black Spot and 1.5 are considered alternate timelines or side stories. Wow, seeing the most graphic images from the current version, it is still pretty tame compared to the original draft e.g head phase transition, head forming in abdomen *shudders*.
Old 2012-09-18, 00:40   Link #9270
Avvesione

Quote:
Wow, seeing the most graphic images from the current version, it is still pretty tame compared to the original draft e.g head phase transition, head forming in abdomen *shudders*.
Well, we did have a "head in abdomen" incident in Needless already, so maybe it's not too shocking, though I'm not sure how the other one looked.

Quote:
I hope this will stop the guessing of how certain Needless 0 chapters fit into the current storyline as Imai Kami-san said himself that Black Spot and 1.5 are considered alternate timelines or side stories.
Probably won't but these side stories are akin to the one with Blade, Seto, Solva, and Kana. They're not going to fit perfectly in with Needless 1 and Needless 2, but it gives us a general idea about the characters, their setting, and whatnot. I'm sure Imai Kami has already made many changes to Needless 2 from his original manga 15 years ago (eg all the new characters) so it's not like 1.5 is a blueprint for what to expect for 2. But still, people will use it as an reference to provide support to their ideas or whatever to help prove their point.
Old 2012-09-18, 01:39   Link #9271
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Well, we did have a "head in abdomen" incident in Needless already, so maybe it's not too shocking, though I'm not sure how the other one looked.
Yeah, with the clone Teruyama, I had forgotten about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post
Probably won't but these side stories are akin to the one with Blade, Seto, Solva, and Kana. They're not going to fit perfectly in with Needless 1 and Needless 2, but it gives us a general idea about the characters, their setting, and whatnot. I'm sure Imai Kami has already made many changes to Needless 2 from his original manga 15 years ago (eg all the new characters) so it's not like 1.5 is a blueprint for what to expect for 2. But still, people will use it as an reference to provide support to their ideas or whatever to help prove their point.
True, true. People forget Needless 0 volume 1 are original one shots Imai Kami-san made. At the end of the first volume in the author's commentary, even he admits they were bad. It's not like they won't get referenced in some shape or form in the main story, but as you said they are not blueprints.
Old 2012-09-18, 03:04   Link #9272
Homura7

TBF he references Needless 1.5 at the end of volume 9, when he's talking about the Black Madam. Along with Adam N.'s appearance and Teruyama's plot pretty much heading to his occupation as gatekeeper later on (with his clone dead he can fool Simeon into thinking he's the copy), I guess we can say Imai already added both prologues to the main storyline without making any modifications in its content. In fact, Sword of the Reaper is a very good example of that setting if we judge by chapter 24 (Seth reminding Blade about the old times, or Blade still calling Solva by her former affiliation name), chapter 33 (with Seth and Solva mentioning Kana and her fire/ice machine), and the Bloody Rain arc (Seth talking with Kana, Solva killed her father, etc).
Old 2012-09-18, 04:04   Link #9273
Avvesione

Quote:
TBF he references Needless 1.5 at the end of volume 9, when he's talking about the Black Madam. Along with Adam N.'s appearance and Teruyama's plot pretty much heading to his occupation as gatekeeper later on (with his clone dead he can fool Simeon into thinking he's the copy), I guess we can say Imai already added both prologues to the main storyline without making any modifications in its content. In fact, Sword of the Reaper is a very good example of that setting if we judge by chapter 24 (Seth reminding Blade about the old times, or Blade still calling Solva by her former affiliation name), chapter 33 (with Seth and Solva mentioning Kana and her fire/ice machine), and the Bloody Rain arc (Seth talking with Kana, Solva killed her father, etc).
Exactly, which is why it's appropriate to use these one-shots as examples to make a point about the characters, the setting, or whatever but incorrect in trying to determine what Needless 1 or 2 will be. We know that Adam Neuschwanstein is being taken care of by the Black Madam and befriends Cain but to say that she'll be accompanied by those two as she resolve the Needless Hunt or fights Simeon is a bit much. Who knows who the main cast of Needless 2 will be or even ANn's or Eve's relationship between the two parts. When the appropriate time comes, then we'll see (though I'm sure we're all eager to learn everything given how long we have to wait between chapters).
Old 2012-09-18, 07:15   Link #9274
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

^Not long to wait for the next one though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Unfortunately I didn't find an extensive summary of BLACKSPOT anywhere, but I've posted my translation of the japanese wikipedia about Blackspot and some interesting pieces which I've found on Imai's site below.
Thanks for that. There was some interesting info in there that I wasn't able to pick up just from looking at the pictures (it would be nice if someone produced a translation of the manga itself...). Sadly, though, it looks like the author of that Wikipedia article only had access to the first two chapters, just like the rest of us. I want to know more!

About the names,

"Kain" (pronounced "kine") is Cain. Imai doesn't necessarily use the English pronunciation of these Biblical names btw.
"Averu" (Avel) is Abel. (I think this is the Hebrew pronunciation).
"Seto" (Set) is of course Seth. She looks a little different here...
"Karomena" - no idea. Actually, I thought they were addressing her as "Anoko". I should probably check that...
"Hayden" looks like some random Western name, but I suppose it could be from the Bible too. (Apparently it's also the name of a part of a Shinto shrine, but that's probably not relevant...) This stupid PC hangs up for five minutes every time I try to open a Wikipedia page, so I'm going to have to give up on this one for today. Maybe someone else can try looking it up?
"Efunne" is possibly Jephunneh. Who? Well, according to Wikipedia's list of minor biblical figures:

Jephunneh (יְפֻנֶּה) is a biblical name which means "for whom a way is prepared", and was the name of two biblical figures:
  1. The father of Caleb the spy, who appears to have belonged to an Edomitish tribe called Kenezites, from Kenaz their founder. See (Numbers 13:6 etc.; Num. 32:12 etc.; Josh 14:14 etc.; 1 Chr 4:15.) (BCE 1530.)
  2. A descendant of Asher, eldest of the three sons of Jether. (1 Chronicles 7:38.) (BCE 1017.)
So now you know.
Quote:
The characters names and Organizations names in this work are taken from the old testament.In the extra's there was a"Blackspot glossary" in which there was Imai's original "genealogie of Adam" integrating canon and apocrypha.
Spaeking of which... I remembered something that came up a while ago, and it's probably a good time to refresh our memories. It was suggested that "Riru" might be intended to be read as "Lil" - short for Lilith, the name of Adam's first wife. Looks like that reference might be correct in light of recent developments.
Quote:
I hope this will stop the guessing of how certain Needless 0 chapters fit into the current storyline as Imai Kami-san said himself that Black Spot and 1.5 are considered alternate timelines or side stories.
The only thing that's going to stop the guessing is the publication of part 2... BTW I think you're misinterpreting what Imai said. BLACK SPOT is a "side story" because it doesn't match up with N1.5, but as far as we know the events of N1.5 are part of the main Needless story. Of course, that in itself doesn't tell us much about what's going to happen next...
Old 2012-09-18, 12:19   Link #9275
Kurohane

Quote:
I never saw that author's commentary. N1.5 has been with referenced by character appearences. Someone mentioned this before that Egoic Lotus got a reference from that extra chapter with Uten and Kafka. When they are on the train, the couple from Egoic Lotus was there. The Uten and Kafka chapter got referenced in Saint Rose Academy with Kushinashi mumbling in her sleep because of the dream she's having. Who knows if, when or how Second Sight will get refenced, unless you want to count the time they appeared in Egoic Lotus.

The Sacred Sword of the Reaper has gotten so many references because it can be treated as a prequel to the main story, like that Deadman Wonderland OVA of Senji's police days before he was taken to DW. Also, another example in Bloody Rain is when Kana pictured an image of Blade next to Cruz when Cruz was about to go and fight Hatfield. Blade looks exactly like he did at that time with the long hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
The only thing that's going to stop the guessing is the publication of part 2... BTW I think you're misinterpreting what Imai said. BLACK SPOT is a "side story" because it doesn't match up with N1.5, but as far as we know the events of N1.5 are part of the main Needless story. Of course, that in itself doesn't tell us much about what's going to happen next...
Yeah, I didn't want to go into specifics. That's why I left it generalized in my previous post. I know he stated that Needless 1.5 and Black Spot could be considered alternate timelines to each other or Black Spot is a side story to N1.5 because they do not relate to one another. Whichever case, he said don't think to much about it.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2012-09-18 at 13:21.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 17:47   Link #9276
Ynot

Oh wow. This is the the first time I managed to find the raw before the ultra jump site has even been updated. I only skimmed through it's contents because I'm dead tired and wanna go to sleep so I won't be able to spread the joy....well except to a few people. It'd be nice if they want to spread it further, but I'm going to sleep now.

Beware, major spoiler below
Spoiler for needless 105:
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 20:53   Link #9277
Xiammes

where can I acquire a copy of this raw?

Edit: Never mind, found it

Spoiler for holy shit:

Last edited by Xiammes; 2012-09-18 at 21:09.
Xiammes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 00:08   Link #9278
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Thanks for spoiling us!

Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-19, 00:32   Link #9279
Xiammes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Thanks for spoiling us!

Spoiler:

No problem, here is a bit more if you want.

Spoiler for holy shit:
Old 2012-09-19, 00:50   Link #9280
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
No problem, here is a bit more if you want.

Spoiler for holy shit:
Thanks!

Spoiler:

Tags
action, comedy, seinen