AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-22, 09:40   Link #2481
Tbolt

For me I don't think that Ise has reached God class yet and I say that not because of his abilities but as Sun Wukong said it was power usage.

Sun Wukong training with Ise and Vali is to increase there power and stamina and the use of it, with Ise Sun Wukong knows the power is there just like when he temporally unlocks some power in Ise at the battle in Kyoto so he could shoot that last shot at Cao Cao.

Once Ise's and Vali's powers are unlocked even more and the way they use it with the training there abilities will get to god class.

Like Ise's Longinus smasher, when it can totally eliminate an opponent I would say Ise has reached God class. But that's just MHO.
Old 2014-02-22, 09:42   Link #2482
sunsengnim
Highschool DxD Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper222 View Post
Maybe she has the first part of the "chaste sex" down pat? Like she accepts that she's not just romantically, but erotically attracted to Ise as well (in a chaste way, whatever that means)? And in accepting it like Akeno did with her Fallen Angel blood, she gained another set of wings?

I don't know.

But yes, let's talk about Irina.
remember she mentioned once she made a promise with issei when they we're kids?
it'l probably touch upon that and maybe she'll finally be serious about issei and that'l be the trigger for her power up
Old 2014-02-22, 09:47   Link #2483
jopjopjop

Quote:
Maybe she has the first part of the "chaste sex" down pat? Like she accepts that she's not just romantically, but erotically attracted to Ise as well (in a chaste way, whatever that means)? And in accepting it like Akeno did with her Fallen Angel blood, she gained another set of wings?

I don't know.

But yes, let's talk about Irina.
Spoiler:

Last edited by jopjopjop; 2014-02-22 at 10:13.
Old 2014-02-22, 09:48   Link #2484
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsengnim View Post
remember she mentioned once she made a promise with issei when they we're kids?
it'l probably touch upon that and maybe she'll finally be serious about issei and that'l be the trigger for her power up
Well, she's a magic swordsman. If there's anything fitting as a power up besides the wings, then I'd like her to get a Holy Dragon beam or something, just to fit in with the theme.

I'm thinking the promise is the usual "I'll marry you when we get older" and Issei forgot big time. But it's all for our entertainment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Spoiler:
I recall something similar to that.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-02-22, 09:49   Link #2485
jopjopjop

Quote:
Well, she's a magic swordsman. If there's anything fitting as a power up besides the wings, then I'd like her to get a Holy Dragon beam or something, just to fit in with the theme.

I'm thinking the promise is the usual "I'll marry you when we get older" and Issei forgot big time. But it's all for our entertainment.
Nah. Issei thought he was a boy at that time. Why would Issei agree to marry a boy?
Old 2014-02-22, 09:51   Link #2486
jasper222

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopjopjop View Post
Nah. Issei thought he was a boy at that time. Why would Issei agree to marry a boy?
He subconsciously knew that he was going to get a male harem in the future, so he got a headstart.

Okay I'm done with that. Don't wanna get banned lmao.
Old 2014-02-22, 09:53   Link #2487
Emwe

One powerfull ability won't kill a God class enemy, did you even read what sun wukong told vali who got a god class skill with his Compression Divider? He told him that any god class opponent will just outlast him until he used up all his stamina/demonic power/whatever energy source.

@Irina topic: Looking at the released volume I would guess she was on the weaker side of the group and before 17 maybe even the weakest with koneko and gasper getting their power ups.

The angel/devil wings are a symbol of power. So she just reached the level where she has 2 pairs of wings now. (Just take a look at Dulio who will be promoted to Seraph in the future and has 5 pairs)
Old 2014-02-22, 09:55   Link #2488
Tbolt

Quote:

I recall something similar to that.

Spoiler:
I don't think it was a promise of marriage because he thought Irina was a boy.

Quote:
There is a photo of me and another boy of my age with someone who seems to be his father.

I remember this boy. He’s the boy who used to live close by when I was in kindergarten. We played “Hero-play” a lot together.

He went to another country before moving up to first grade because of his parents' work. I haven’t seen him since then.
Old 2014-02-22, 09:58   Link #2489
jopjopjop

@Emwe. Irina is the weakest of the fighter's in the ORC. Period. I don't think anybody will argue with that.

About the wings, read my earlier post. The one with the spoiler tag. Wings are more of a symbol of rank than power. Ofc, those who have more power usually are ranked high but that doesn't mean that only those who are powerful have multiple wings.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:04   Link #2490
Emwe

I don't think it's a promise of marriage either, Ise isn't so dense to not realise that she is a girl after a confession.

Other option would be that he witnessed the demon extermination by accident and had his memories of a short timespan altered where she actually realy confessed to him that she is a girl and proposed.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:08   Link #2491
jopjopjop

@Emwe, the memory alteration is probable, that is if the Church has the technology for memory alteration or if they permit it. Or if Irina's parents has that technology at that time.

But if they do, then that is a good scenario and that will coincide with one of the speculations about Belial wanting revenge for the exterminated Devil.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:10   Link #2492
Tbolt

@Emwe. boy your condescending this morning. And yes I reread it.

Quote:
“—I will train you two, the Two Heavenly Dragons. I will teach you the way you must fight against the Evil Dragons from scratch. Especially the Longinus possessors and their Masters may end up fighting God-class in the future, so I will train you to the point where you can even fight the Gods.”
But I too agree with the possibility of the memory alteration theory. Or another theory is that seeing the event the trauma blocked his memories of it and the confession that came right after.

Last edited by Tbolt; 2014-02-22 at 10:20.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:19   Link #2493
Emwe

But will they reach this point after only half a volume?

Back to Irina: another scenario with her parent's in a better light, maybe the devil noticed Ise's sacred gear and wanted to take him. Irina's parents saved him but due to the fight he got a shock and closed his memories around the timeframe.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:25   Link #2494
Tbolt

@Emwe, I agree with you that they wont reach God class in even one Volume, but the training is starting to show results in that now Ise has enough of a power increase to at least use the Longinus smasher which he couldn't use before.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:25   Link #2495
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
Wild Lion,you think that now that Ise has his Wivern Dragons and his Longinus Smasher he can defeat an god alone?You,like me,think that he reached the god class level?
I think that now Ise(with his Longinus Smasher) can take easily down an maou class guy like Serafall or Falbium.
Hi friend, for me issei is only opening the door for a God-Class-Battle, he is only beginning to unlock the forbidden functions of his Longinus.
Currently he is training to increase his stamina and increse the time he can keep activated his CCQ, BUT after get the balance of his CCQ and dominate the Longinus Smasher, he need to focus in dominate the power that is inside him, The power of the Dreams and the Infinite fused, this is the secret to defeat Rizevim Livan Lucifer, because he can cancelate all the functions of Issei Longinus, and issei will be fight against him without Draig Help.
Or maybe will be Vali the one who fight against Rizevim Livan Lucifer.

But i think that if issei shoot one Longinus Smasher against on God, then issei will kill him.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:35   Link #2496
Emwe

The question is how powerfull is Longinus smasher realy? We never had an actual good comparison for it. Shalba who is a pushover didnt die from the first one and the second against jabberwocky was mainly great reds power.

I'm clear about that it's most likely the counterpart of compression divider and both are God slayer skills by nature but it is hard to even evaluate the third use with no other known ability going toe to toe with it.

We clearly need a Jack Rakan style powerlist for this!
Old 2014-02-22, 10:38   Link #2497
jopjopjop

@Emwe, Shalba isn't a pushover at that time... he has the same power as the original Maou. He used Ophis' snake. That may contribute to his survival.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:42   Link #2498
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emwe View Post
The question is how powerfull is Longinus smasher realy? We never had an actual good comparison for it. Shalba who is a pushover didnt die from the first one and the second against jabberwocky was mainly great reds power.

I'm clear about that it's most likely the counterpart of compression divider and both are God slayer skills by nature but it is hard to even evaluate the third use with no other known ability going toe to toe with it.

We clearly need a Jack Rakan style powerlist for this!
The only clue about the current power of Issei Longinus Smasher is that it defeated Euclid Lucifuge, a Maou-Class-Devil with the power BOOSTED, this mean that issei defeat the power multiplied of a Maou for 10 times for example??

If Euclid Lucifuge use the BOOST 10 times, his Maou-Class-Power will be 10 times bigger.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:47   Link #2499
Tbolt

@Emwe. we do know how powerful the Longinus smasher is when its powered by Great Red, when the others battling the monsters needed a special technique to destroy them (except Serafall Leviathan-sama against Bandersnatch ). Now as we know Ise has the power of both Great Red and Ophis in him and that is the power Sun Wukong is working to unlock. If it is unlocked you see the results.

@WILD-LION, also good points you brought up.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:50   Link #2500
vlade

well i think Longinius Smasher is strong enough to defeat 20 evil dragons but my only question is how much can issei do it and is there some restection on it like lose all his stamina at once ?

by the way i am new here
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life