AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-09, 08:27   Link #1801
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

oh where art thou, raki? oh when are you going to make another appearance like before so that you could show all the claymore fans how awesome and cool you are.

hmm... i wonder. i'm countin' the days for the epic reunion. ^^;
Old 2009-01-09, 12:27   Link #1802
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
You are going to be doing a lot of counting.
Old 2009-01-10, 05:33   Link #1803
Ryuken
Claymore #01

The relationship, feelings or rather, lets say, love between a claymore and a human would result in the creation of the ultimate abomination........!!?
What am I talking about??
I sound so much like the vampire dude form that underworld movie.

Non the less, maybe another 5 to 6 chapters I think, as far as a reunion goes between Clare and Raki that is.
Old 2009-01-10, 12:35   Link #1804
hell88
Banned

I have to disagree with you about the whole abomination thing, I really think claymore's can't have kids.

I think it was a mistake that Raki was brought back at this time, because it kind of does not even go with the story. I mean so what we got to see him, now we have to get through all of the other stuff before Clare can finally go look for him. Its hard to say but with the way the story is going now, its almost like Yagi was out of ideas.
Old 2009-01-10, 13:09   Link #1805
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Well, at least Raki's comeback served to introduce Renée.

The main problem (or not, it depends of the point of view I think) of the current storyline is that can be various focuses of the action: Clare + friends, Helen & Deneve, Raki & Prissy... I'd even say we're quite lucky that Miata and Clarice stayed at Rabona, so we won't have to see them for a while.

Don't misunderstand, it's not like I hate those kids, but I really think we had enough of them in previous chapters. Their contribution to the storyline has been ridiculous compared with all the pages they've taken, at least until now. I don't know what Yagi has planned for the future so better stay calm and patient, since Miata could be one of the main characters of this second half of the story.

Returning at what I was saying, and after almost two boring chapters with Clare's group, I cannot say I'm dissapointed seeing things moving

About Raki, well, I think he'll maybe appear somewhere when needed. Not in the current mini-arc, of course, since Isley and Raki + Prissy are just like oil and water. At least, until we're told what happened between them more or less, and why they parted ways.
Old 2009-01-10, 13:37   Link #1806
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Raki should appear in this arc. Even if it's just to explay why Priscilla is not with Isley.

I hope they can have kids. It would be nice to see some Clare & Raki babies
Old 2009-01-10, 13:58   Link #1807
hell88
Banned

Okay this is why I think they can't have kids, the organization probably does not want the girls going around getting pregnant. Think about it like this, if that happened then the organiztion would have to worry about unknown hybrids running around. They wouldn't want that to happen.

In other words Clare and Raki can't have kids because Clare's reproductional organs have probably been taken out or destroyed when she was being infused with Teresa's flesh and blood. Same goes for all the other claymores, except mabye the awakened beings can fix that after they awaken but we do not know that yet.
Old 2009-01-10, 15:15   Link #1808
MisterJB
Warden of the West

You migth be rigth but do you want to discuss it in the Biology of Claymores thread?
Old 2009-01-10, 17:50   Link #1809
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
You migth be rigth but do you want to discuss it in the Biology of Claymores thread?
I don't really have anything else to say, but sure now that I think about it because I might know another reason for the males to be called failures.
Old 2009-01-10, 18:14   Link #1810
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
I don't really have anything else to say, but sure now that I think about it because I might know another reason for the males to be called failures.
Do you think that the males could reproduce?
Old 2009-01-10, 18:24   Link #1811
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Do you think that the males could reproduce?
I think they can, thats probably where some awakened beings are coming from. Mabye Easley used to go out to the bars a lot or something. Anyway the male generation probably had their reproductive organs left working, so when they went to go and have sex with some woman she would have given birth to an unknown hybrid. This probably caused a lot of problems for the organization, later on they might have tried making it so that the organs wouldn't work anymore but that might have weaken the males because it would have taken away most of their testosterone levels. This is probably one of the biggest reasons why males were called failures and females were brought in to be experimented on.

So for Easley who is from the first generation, he could have been going around for who knows how long after he has awakened and could have been getting women pregnant with already awakened babies or something like that. This goes for Rigardo to.

So everyone that was hoping Raki became a half yoma, its a good thing he didn't.

On top of what you said earlier about Raki and Clare having kids, even know she can't. I think I am speaking for a lot of women when I say this, but who would want to have kids with that moron?
Old 2009-01-10, 18:48   Link #1812
MisterJB
Warden of the West

I don't really believe that AB can have kids but it kinda makes sence.

Let's suposse that the Org really makes their claymores steriles, then we know that with the Awakening, their bodies are regenerated (scar, eyes, hair) then it would logical that the sexual organs are also regenerated.
Altough I don't believe that the Org would do that. There shouldn't be many hibrid kids, I mean, a bunch of rapist couldn't rape a woman like Teresa because of the scars. Also, if a claymore ever appeared pregnant, the Org would simply send her in a suicidal mission.

I am expecting Claymore to have a tragic finale. Clare is probrably going to die. Also, I don't see Clare as a loving mother.
Old 2009-01-10, 18:57   Link #1813
hell88
Banned

Quote:
I don't really believe that AB can have kids but it kinda makes sence.

Let's suposse that the Org really makes their claymores steriles, then we know that with the Awakening, their bodies are regenerated (scar, eyes, hair) then it would logical that the sexual organs are also regenerated.
Altough I don't believe that the Org would do that. There shouldn't be many hibrid kids, I mean, a bunch of rapist couldn't rape a woman like Teresa because of the scars. Also, if a claymore ever appeared pregnant, the Org would simply send her in a suicidal mission.

I am expecting Claymore to have a tragic finale. Clare is probrably going to die. Also, I don't see Clare as a loving mother.
Well I don't think Easley was sterile to begin with.

Yeah but those rapists wouldn't do Teresa because they are not real men, real men don't care what a woman looks like!

I don't see Clare as a loving mother either but it will have a tragic end for sure. Like I think Raki will die once she finds him and then she will awaken and all hell will break loose!
Old 2009-01-10, 19:04   Link #1814
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Yeah but those rapists wouldn't do Teresa because they are not real men, real men don't care what a woman looks like!
As long as they don't look like Undine or Rachel...

As for a tragic finale I'm guessing that Clare dies altough it's not Priscilla that kills her (I can bet that Priscilla will kill Miria) and we will see a 40 year old Raki taking care of a little girl with black hair and silver eyes
Old 2009-01-10, 19:08   Link #1815
hell88
Banned

I don't think Raki will live. Their is a lot of drama in Claymore and with Clare as hard of a life that she already has had. I can see Raki dying sometime after she finds him and it will send her back down into that dark hole once again. This time it will be to much for her and she will go crazy.
Old 2009-01-10, 20:09   Link #1816
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Quote:
I don't think Raki will live. Their is a lot of drama in Claymore and with Clare as hard of a life that she already has had. I can see Raki dying sometime after she finds him and it will send her back down into that dark hole once again. This time it will be to much for her and she will go crazy.
you really want Raki to die don't you?

Spoiler for Quick fanfic talk lol:

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2009-01-10, 20:11   Link #1817
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

as a big fan of raki's, i myself believe he'll perish soon. it's hard to imagine clare being with him when he is in his forties or something. maybe he'll surprise us by having a kid with a different woman and clare later finds the kid and travels together again.

that would be something... lol neway, i don't believe male claymores were failures like h88 said. if i remember correctly, it was miria who said 'they were a success.' and i think the org got rid of them cuz they were harder to control than the female claymores.

maybe a batch of males were shipped off the island to the mainland, who knows? isley must've revolted and gathered every male out there after he find out something about the org.

@ nobodyman -- okay now, where's that raki fic of yours, you slacker! lol xD
Old 2009-01-10, 20:17   Link #1818
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
as a big fan of raki's, i myself believe he'll perish soon. it's hard to imagine clare being with him when he is in his forties or something. maybe he'll surprise us by having a kid with a different woman and clare later finds the kid and travels together again.

that would be something... lol neway, i don't believe male claymores were failures like h88 said. if i remember correctly, it was miria who said 'they were a success.' and i think the org got rid of them cuz they were harder to control than the female claymores.

maybe a batch of males were shipped off the island to the mainland, who knows? isley must've revolted and gathered the every male out there after he find out something about the org.
I can agree though that there is a pretty good chance of Raki dying as well, because Raki getting older and Clare staying young would eventually get pretty awkward.

One ending I thought up was Clare dying (I know many don' want her to) and it going to an epilouge of a hooded man telling some kids the story of the Claymore who saved his life. A kinda lame ending I know, but it's just a thought.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2009-01-10, 20:21   Link #1819
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@NobodyMan: If the ending is supposed to reverse the Crapsack World status of the world, then Raki would be the storyteller at the marketplace, beneath the statues of Clare and Teresa, telling the youngsters among the audience a "story", which they thought was poppycock, but we know to be true.
Old 2009-01-10, 20:23   Link #1820
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Yagi seems to like Raki. The guy has survived Priscilla, Isley, a single digit AB and lots of Yoma. Her probrably has to do something big before dying

Soul Link with Clare would be nice
Where did this come from?
Closed Thread