AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-04-11, 09:18   Link #21
Kakkou
Tch.

The PV does give some nice bits here and there but of course, the killing blow came from hearing FukuJun and Minorin (and also was that a Minorin song in the end?). Completely sold. This looks to be a much more entertaining IS without that dunderhead of a protagonist named Ichika.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 14:52   Link #22
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This looks like it's going to be the first Sunrise produced TV series to rub me the wrong way in a long time. Not a fan of the character design, not a fan of Minoris acting and it just kind of comes off as generic and lightweight honestly. Extremely surprised it was Sunrise that picked up this license.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 02:43   Link #23
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
No one commented on Aoi's eyes... character aside, his face is a bit creepy.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 03:28   Link #24
dark998

Looks solid in terms on content and action, definitely checking it in the near future.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 10:20   Link #25
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
No one commented on Aoi's eyes... character aside, his face is a bit creepy.
As I heard, Aoi is a hentai
I won't be surprised because it is also voiced by Jun
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 17:59   Link #26
Mizuno
Undefined

He better be a masochist too then.
Old 2011-05-06, 10:08   Link #27
Allen
メインヒロイン

More info about the cast:

Honda Masazumi = Sawashiro Miyuki
Asama Tomo = Koshimizu Ami
Aoi Kimi = Saito Chiwa
Neito Mitotsudaira(?) = Inoue Marina

I was already happy with FukuJun as Toori (naked hentai main character) and Minorin as Horizon but with the addition of these seiyuus it just makes this more awesome even if 85~90% of the cast wasn't announced yet. The first arc was one of my favorite in LNs and I really can't wait for october.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 11:18   Link #28
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The trailer got me really interest. FukuJun is another plus. Will check this out, and hope it won't be disappointing.
Old 2011-05-07, 01:27   Link #29
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post

Neito Mitotsudaira(?) = Inoue Marina
According to the scan, it say Mitotsudai, no Mitotsudaira.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 05:50   Link #30
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
According to the scan, it say Mitotsudai, no Mitotsudaira.
Oh, that´s true. But her official name should be Mitotsudaira. Lazy to get a novel image, so in the wikipedia japanese (12th one):
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%A2%...BA.BA.E7.89.A9
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 09:09   Link #31
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

After seeing the PV, it looks like that Masumi Ito is doing the insert song of this PV and the music under the pen name of Hikaru Nanase. And JAM Project is one of my favorite artists that they do the opening which was unconfirmed yet.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2011-07-03 at 01:58.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 14:59   Link #32
Zetsuen_no_Myuu
ボクは、ボクを全て殺す

Looks good.

I honestly would had rather prefer if Sunrise had picked up Owari no Chronicle, though. Concepts there sounds more intriguing and awesome.
Zetsuen_no_Myuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 07:35   Link #33
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Anime Cast PV
Old 2011-05-08, 14:35   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Now that I've had an even closer look at the trailers that have been posted my already limited interest in this is plummeting even faster and it mostly has to do with the fact that I absolutely loathe the character designs with a surprising amount of passion. It's like no effort was put into designing the facial composition so they just went with a generic empty space moe look. What do I mean by empty space? Well look at all of that space on the characters faces where it's just pure flat flesh coloured skin and there is no effort to add any sort of ridges or details to make them distinguishable from other empty space designs. The body designs are also pretty bland, especially the one heterochromatic (this seems to be a popular fetish in Japan or something) girl with the two perfectly symmetrical spheres that seem to be protruding out of her chest. And then there's this.....

I don't know how to describe it since it's more of a personal feeling and this will probably come off as a troll to some, but this guys face positively screams annoying character to me as much as a stationary picture can and I think he's the main too which is kind of a death sentence if it turns out to be the case.

It's a shame because the setting sounds interesting but the cast design leaves so much to be desired and probably says a lot about how interesting they will be to me as well. I just cannot see any way in which this cast doesn't end up being terrible and this ends up being Sunrise's first outright bomb of a TV show for me since Gundam Seed Destiny.

Probably going to watch the first episode, but I have pretty much zero expectation and fully expect to end up dropping it after the first end credits.

edit: Inspiring even less faith is that I learned that this is to be directed by Manabu Ono who was responsible for directing the universally panned Dragonaut: The Resonance. The rest of his resume inspires little confidence as well with the likes of A-Channel, Seikon No Qwaser, Mayoi Neko Overrun etc. rounding out his prior experience.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-05-08 at 14:48.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 16:32   Link #35
Kunagisa

@Kaioshin Sama: I can understand the poor assessment of this series base on initial impression, but Manabu Onu I felt is only as strong as the original story given to him.

My main case for advocating for him is due to Saki, which is a brilliant gem for anyone who actually watched it. Probably one of the most badass series I've ever laid my eyes on in my history of watching anime/manga/light novel/game adaptations. There are so many epic moments that I shat bricks just thinking about. As, I've mentioned in an earlier post, sound effect and the music team seem to able to pull their own weight so I still think this would turn out swell. And guess what! Urahata's back with him on the series composition as well (whom has the amazing series Monster under his resume)!!
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 17:53   Link #36
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Now that I've had an even closer look at the trailers that have been posted my already limited interest in this is plummeting even faster and it mostly has to do with the fact that I absolutely loathe the character designs with a surprising amount of passion. It's like no effort was put into designing the facial composition so they just went with a generic empty space moe look. What do I mean by empty space? Well look at all of that space on the characters faces where it's just pure flat flesh coloured skin and there is no effort to add any sort of ridges or details to make them distinguishable from other empty space designs. The body designs are also pretty bland, especially the one heterochromatic (this seems to be a popular fetish in Japan or something) girl with the two perfectly symmetrical spheres that seem to be protruding out of her chest. And then there's this.....
... neither defending nor criticizing the designs in this show in particular, but I hope you realize that in design, empty space is just as important, if not more important, than filled space? If you don't like the designs then you don't like the designs, but I hope you're not suggesting the artists should have crammed the characters' faces with all sorts of detail, just to make them more unique. Shapes and the usage of space is far more important than just putting more stuff in.

As a side note, I've always found it amazing how much people can know for certain and with utter confidence is going to happen, just based on trailers. I sometimes wish I had the capability. Perhaps I'd be able to predict the future based on some fortune cookies and a horoscope...
Old 2011-05-10, 19:56   Link #37
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

@Kaioshin: his face is the only one I like in the whole cast if you ask me. It has a cocky feeling that looks down on everything going on that face.
Old 2011-05-10, 23:31   Link #38
Mizuno
Undefined

His face doesn't seem cocky to me, more like a deviant perv.
Old 2011-05-11, 03:41   Link #39
Westlo
Lets be reality

Talk about judging a book by the cover....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 04:11   Link #40
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

definitely on my watchlist. i love the character designs. and man, just look at the cast! i'm sold!!
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise