AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 04:38   Link #36741
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
...I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Does this include a Nanoha fanfic of some sort?
It actually is.

There was this idea bouncing around my head, chronicling a hypothetical teenage adventures of Erio, Caro, and Lutecia as a special roving team of TSAB Mages from the age of 16 onwards, forming a team, and possibly a Love Triangle of sorts. The main basis was that their missions took them right into the path of left-over business from Infinite Desires, and the mess it made within TSAB Black Ops.

There was also the idea of exploring the concept of Belkan Nobility in the TSAB era, and Lutecia and Erio's possible connections to that. In my mind, much of the economic and political Elites can trace their ancestry to Belkan era nobility, or at the very least, Military mages who rose to prominence in the few centuries separating the death of the last Saint Kaiser and the rise of the TSAB.

One particularly bad end that came to mind (and I think if I did write it, I might have been hung by certain sections of the fanbase ) was for Erio and Caro to tie the knot around 19, or so, have a single child by the time both of them are 20. And then, a certain series of dangerous (from hindsight) choices ends up in Caro being murdered before their Child is two years old, in part because of the whole mess about Erio's original family's estate, etc....

Which produces a Tomoya like situation, since Erio is in no state to raise a child for a few years yet. For a few vital years in early child-hood, Fate essentially raises that child - or more specifically, Arf played a disproportionate role, occupying the same position Linith did.

This of course, is nothing completely new- indeed, you can substitute a random Powerful Mid-Childan mage, a Widower or Widow but with a very busy life, whereupon his or her Familiar helps to raise that child in it's master/mistress place. Fate Testarossa scenario, but without the deliberate cruelty, or the kind of "training to be a weapon" business.

And yes. I do know that some are going to find this idea very objectionable, and this situation quite contrived.

In any case, I may or may not get down to actually writing this idea down the line. The scenario I presented was just one of the "badder" ends to the whole plot- the golden end of course would have been happy ever after, and the joke end would have been literal harem. I did do some plot drafting though, and the sheer size of plotlines drawn up (occupying one and half sheets of paper on point form plot -points alone, which I wrote as my version of Doodling) makes me a little hesitant. Especially since there are other plots I've actually started that I find hard to update regularly.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 07:13   Link #36742
Lycodrake

...I don't see how that's connected to your previous comment/idea, though.
Lycodrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 07:52   Link #36743
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
...I don't see how that's connected to your previous comment/idea, though.
My idea was based on the idea of Feral children, or the old mythological trope of being raised by wolves.

And given that Familiars in Nanoha-verse are uplifted animals, I wonder what it's like to have your father's or mother's Familiar as your literal nanny ever since a very young age. Preferably a Wolf Familiar.

I'm sure there's one legend or another about some founding Belkan Era King or Queen literally raised by a Familiar.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:20   Link #36744
SonicNanohaFan2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
My idea was based on the idea of Feral children, or the old mythological trope of being raised by wolves.

And given that Familiars in Nanoha-verse are uplifted animals, I wonder what it's like to have your father's or mother's Familiar as your literal nanny ever since a very young age. Preferably a Wolf Familiar.

I'm sure there's one legend or another about some founding Belkan Era King or Queen literally raised by a Familiar.
Yeah but where does that go? I'm finding what you're saying hard to understand. Fate was raised by Precia's familiar, Linith, and she's no "Wild Child" in that sense
SonicNanohaFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 17:01   Link #36745
GaelicDragon

Send a message via AIM to GaelicDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post

I get a number of the references that you are making...there is one rather large problem.

Most of the cast either raised themselves, or were raised by familiars.

Fate...Linith
Chrono...the Leize twins
Yuuno...adopted by a clan at a very young age, but not a family within the clan
Nanoha...overwhelmed family virtually ignores her at a young age.
Hayate...orphan, lives alone with only interaction shown to be her doctor

As for the legend...are you trying to create something like Romulus and Remus?
GaelicDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 19:21   Link #36746
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
SSX

ViVid 1-5

ViVid 6

ViVid 7

ViVid 8

ViVid 9

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - ViVid 10:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 22:07   Link #36747
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
SSX

ViVid 1-5

ViVid 6

ViVid 7

ViVid 8

ViVid 9

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - ViVid 10:
Spoiler for Wall of Review text:
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 23:37   Link #36748
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol Ixy is now a member of the Burial Agency or something with Black Keys knives XD

And Hayate's prepared to grope dragons... but is a pervert (Hayate) ready to grope another pervert (Kyrie)?

Maybe they'll fondle with each other... before realizing that they are the same..... and cooperating on a common goal (fondling boobs of other girls XD)
Old 2012-07-17, 23:41   Link #36749
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
lol Ixy is now a member of the Burial Agency or something with Black Keys knives XD
The only thing missing are a vestment, blue hair dye and haircut, obsession with curry and a large piledriver.... XD
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
Old 2012-07-18, 00:24   Link #36750
SonicNanohaFan2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post

And Hayate's prepared to grope dragons... but is a pervert (Hayate) ready to grope another pervert (Kyrie)?

Maybe they'll fondle with each other... before realizing that they are the same..... and cooperating on a common goal (fondling boobs of other girls XD)
or maybe they get lost in groping one another
SonicNanohaFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 05:48   Link #36751
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Guys, I need some help. I'm planning to publish UYD on FFNet, but for the life of me I can't think of any decent summary OR title. Could you help me?
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 10:07   Link #36752
Insane Inquisitor

I have (yet another) question, this time about limiters.

OK, so we know that Hayate's limiter can only be released by Gracia or Chrono...but what bout Nanoha's or Fate's? Who exactly is in control of their limiters?

Let's see...Yep, still a Hayate fan boy no matter what happens in Force.
Insane Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 17:46   Link #36753
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
SSX

ViVid 1-10

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - ViVid 11:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.

Last edited by Nanya01; 2012-07-19 at 20:40. Reason: pronoun trouble
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 17:49   Link #36754
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Inquisitor View Post
I have (yet another) question, this time about limiters.

OK, so we know that Hayate's limiter can only be released by Gracia or Chrono...but what bout Nanoha's or Fate's? Who exactly is in control of their limiters?
These types of questions should go in the Q&A thread above. But to answer your question, Nanoha and Fate's limiters in StrikerS were also controlled by Carim and Chrono. Well, that and Hayate could also release Nanoha and Fate's limiters.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 18:45   Link #36755
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
SSX

ViVid 1-10

Odin: Arisa... Convince Nanoha, Fate, Miyuki and especially Yuuno to take the Tenchi solution.

Val: You mean marry those who love you? It's gonna be a one HELL of a relationship.

Mariemeia: *still chibi-fied, dressed as Taokaka and still being hugged by Cinque.* GET THIS HELLION OFF ME!!!!!!

Elane: I like to "convince" Nanya to reverse that but this is too cute to pass.

Mariemeia: TRAITOR!!!! ACK!!!! KID! AIR!!! I NEED AIR!!!! *Cinque just tighten her hold at Mariemeia's neck.*

Me: O_O... Vivio got not only Divine Buster but also some sort a variation of Yuuno's Flame Spiral Punch.

Reia: Einhart is VERY lucky that Tre is there or else not only she'll most likely be stripped but the Gym will be burned to crisp.

Iris: Yeah.

Riea: But I do need to tell TSAB that they should start designing a designated training ground, that can handle PMD's attacks that range from bunker buster to Anti-asteroids...

Me: Like they NEED more proof that they really need it. *Shows BTF Finest Big bangs and explosions.*
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

Old 2012-07-20, 06:07   Link #36756
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
SSX

ViVid 1-10

I see Arisa and Suzuka are in a complicated position for getting someone for a relationship, with the whole getting beween Earth and Mid-Childa all the time (and keeping the TSAB secret on Earth).

Now, the death feeling will continue to assaul Caro if Vivio's friends to take adult forms too...

[Imagine Spot] Caro tries to learn the shapshifting trick only to end just a little higher, if not lower, than before[/Imagine Spot]

Oh! It has been some time I've seen a pure Divine Buster in this fic.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 06:31   Link #36757
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
Oh! It has been some time I've seen a pure Divine Buster in this fic.
Considering that most of the opponents being given to Nanoha and co. by Nanya need more than a regular Divine Buster to AT LEAST give it a world of pain...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

Old 2012-07-20, 20:14   Link #36758
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
MGLN: Through a Mirror, Darkly

Chapter 4: Suspicious Minds

In which Fate and Teana make decisions that will send them on alternate paths, and Nanoha's own doubts and insecurities begin to take their toll...

Previous chapters can be found here.

Spoiler for MGLN: Through a Mirror, Darkly, Chapter 4: Suspicious Minds:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 02:58   Link #36759
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Great chapter Kaijo. Nanoha is really feeling the insecurities here and the Sephia angle has me very curious.

And Sette has a boyfriend? That's adorable. =3

Now for an update on Swords and Shields chapter 7: Due to my beta, (his esteemed lordship, Sir Kuroi Hadou), being excessively mean, the chapter has been delayed for a bit longer. Please be patient while this smith works out the bumps, nicks, and cracks in this latest installment while under the merciless and much needed whip.

To provide an example of how cruel and vicious he is... The chapter was done. Complete and shipped off for beta-work. It was returned a shredded and bleeding mass in desperate need of rewrites and edits.
Old 2012-07-21, 03:30   Link #36760
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Ouch. My condolences, Lord Iron.
That said, could you help me? I'm planning to publish UYD on FFnet, but I can't think of a decent title or summary.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha