AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-08, 14:37   Link #161
Jiji
*Scanlator

Um...didn't you read my post? That's exactly what I said. Whatever.
Old 2007-04-08, 15:08   Link #162
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I have a short attention span, esp when I'm tired. So don't mind me too much.

So, any rumors of a sequel yet?
Old 2007-04-08, 16:18   Link #163
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

*sniff* I don't want it to end...

Alas, this series is over now. Such bittersweet feelings. A grown man isn't supposed to get this emotional over a TV series aimed at preteens. It's such a good show though, definitely another feather in the cap fer Madhouse.

I never did expect to see Souta paired up with anyone in a romantic sense of the word. While Ringo expects to have some future with him in a mothering sort of way, the only person she seemed to have a true rapport with was Hameln. His pseudo-father role complements her pseudo-mother one. Honestly, this show seems aimed at an age bracket that isn't yet too concerned with relationship issues. The near-total lack of sexuality was kind of a relief actually, it's nice to have a show where only the women have boobs. Ibara's outfit does contain a token suggestion of a bra, but she also seems like the oldest of the girls. IMHO Gretel only has sex appeal because we're so conditioned to think that way about any female wearing a maidlike outfit with lace.

Spoiler for For ep. 39 (end):

I'm not expecting to see a sequel to this. Besides having gotten most of the mileage out of the source tales' material, what would the plot consist of? Shirayukihime beating down the witch that stole her father isn't going to take us very far. Souta could go and fully redeem Cendrillon somehow, but what then? She is so overcome with guilt and remorse that she spends the rest of her life in Erde working in a soup kitchen for the homeless? Mebbe Hansel and Gretel turn their candy house into a bakery and... hire a guy with solar hands! It's the new crossover spinoff, Otogi-Jushi Yakitakin!

I think I will go stand quietly in a corner now and bang my head into the wall.
Old 2007-04-08, 16:30   Link #164
orion

They can always manufacture a new villain to come after Souta. Maybe if we hope for great sales of the toys, then a new season will spring forth. It's not like they don't have the material to pull from. Brothers Grimm did over 200 tales apparently.

Totally agree with the metaphor about them not being ready for love yet. Age him and Akazukin then and have an alternate universe title like Winter Garden is to Di Gi Charat.
Old 2007-04-08, 16:39   Link #165
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

I'm not sure that I really care to see their "adult relationship", it would seem too dissimilar. Of course, they could always add some mecha and call it a shounen show.
I know there's lots more Grimm tales to work with. The ones that they already incorporated in this show would be hard to stretch farther is what I was thinking. Again, tends to end up too dissimilar. That's the trouble with saving the universe, you're not too likely to have to come back for a repeat.
Old 2007-04-08, 17:07   Link #166
orion

They did it with Gundam Seed, the various Sailor Moon series and Mai-Hime. Not to mention Di Gi Charat and Negima.

This is a series that originated from the OVAs that were made to sell the models after all. Anything is possible.

We just have to hope that the sales support another series attempt.
Old 2007-04-08, 17:29   Link #167
Jiji
*Scanlator

Yes indeed. So, everyone go buy your very own sweet phone and DVD set! >.>
Old 2007-04-08, 20:26   Link #168
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

Gundam seed? Wasn't that described recently as a "train wreck"? Sailor Moon and Hime both had repeat shows that relied on new characters, I'd rather see older Azazukin than the kids of the current show having a new kids' adventure. Perhaps it could work if they were significantly older, and dealing with a set of issues that was rather subtler. King Fairenand goes missing and the countryside goes into decline, small wars breaking out... problems and solutions that have to do with adult issues instead of the more kid-oriented lessons of this show.
That said, someone sign me up for some figurines! I'd just die for a ich-ni-san Jyuusi tableau, preferably in a fairly large scale like that Cloud on motorcycle one that came out a bit back. Can't bring myself to buy a Sweet Phone though.
Old 2007-04-08, 20:31   Link #169
Jiji
*Scanlator

MM's comment reminds me that there's some precident for this, albeit in reverse. .hack//SIGN came first, but it was a rather adult (if talky and sometimes slow) treatment of it's themes. .hack//DUSK was second and it was very much the younger--dare I say "kid's"--version of the same basic themes.

So I wouldn't mind at all the same thing MM said: an older version of our heroes on a more adult kind of adventure, even if it were only 13 eps. Souta and Ringo are about to graduate from high school...this could be good...
Old 2007-05-04, 11:12   Link #170
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Wow, for a kid's show, that was pretty okay.
Old 2007-07-03, 14:54   Link #171
Kensuke

TV-nihon has subbed Otogi-jushi Akazukin TV OVA, does this mean that it is a continuation to the TV-series, not the OVA that come before TV-series. If I remember correctly that OVA was 3 episodes long, and only first subbed so far.
Old 2007-07-03, 17:14   Link #172
mukansa monkey
Pink bug make Amu angry!

This is the original OVA, the one that Shinsen-Subs did the first episode of. It was done before the TV series, my guess is that Madhouse did the OVA as a test to see how well it'd do before committing fairly considerable resources to the making of the TV series. I have two things to say on the subject...

1. JYUUU-SHI! FInally get to see the whole OVA. More jyuushi is better jyuushi. Happy!

2. The tvnihon torrent is mis-categorized. It should be listed under the OVA, not as an addendum to the TV series.

P.S. Anyone who's looking to get ahold of the TV series, please wait just a bit longer until TV-Nihon gets their new tracker running properly. Once the whole Akazukin series is on there, I will be doing some mad seeding.
Old 2007-07-04, 01:18   Link #173
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukansa monkey View Post
1. JYUUU-SHI! FInally get to see the whole OVA. More jyuushi is better jyuushi. Happy!

2. The tvnihon torrent is mis-categorized. It should be listed under the OVA, not as an addendum to the TV series.
Hmm, that one confused me, but anyway, I'm very happy too to know that the OVA will be finally subbed. Yay!
Old 2007-07-04, 04:44   Link #174
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
TV-Nihon one subbed OVA is same as earlier one. And by the way I'm quite sure that AnDB listed earlier 3 eps for OVA... Now there's just 1. And what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem View Post
I was just on the Shining Fansubs website, the group who fansubbed the first OVA, and they said that the reason that they didn't fansub the other two OVAs was because they couldn't find the raws. If anyone can get a copy of the raws and contact them, maybe we could get the other two OVAs subbed as well. (I was over there because they released the second to last episode of Windy Tales. Woo, only one more to go!)
Old 2007-07-24, 19:36   Link #175
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

so no one was able to find RAW OVA 2 and 3 yet?
Old 2007-08-27, 23:26   Link #176
Jiji
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreMaster View Post
so no one was able to find RAW OVA 2 and 3 yet?
Not yet, and I have really tried, too.

But I am heartened by TV-Nihon releasing the first OVA ep the other day. Do they have the others? Are they going to release them? (Oh please, oh please...)
Old 2007-08-28, 08:52   Link #177
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueda View Post
Not yet, and I have really tried, too.

But I am heartened by TV-Nihon releasing the first OVA ep the other day. Do they have the others? Are they going to release them? (Oh please, oh please...)
They (in TV-Nihon) think that it was first planned to be 3 eps OVA but it has never been released more than first OVA and instead that tv-show was produced. Because no one has ever said seen raws or anything concrete...
Old 2009-01-03, 08:55   Link #178
xris
Just call me Ojisan

It appears that Fairy Musketeers (i.e. Otogi Jushi Akazukin TV) will be released on Crunchyroll starting Jan 2009.

Crunchyroll
Old 2009-01-29, 03:22   Link #179
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
It appears that Fairy Musketeers (i.e. Otogi Jushi Akazukin TV) will be released on Crunchyroll starting Jan 2009.

Crunchyroll
Nice finally we can watch it online legally
and i really want them to make a continuation for this fairytale anime :sobs:
Closed Thread