Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-03, 23:46   Link #18801
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cyber...icle?mid=57400

Some upcoming November and December releases, including MG 00 QAN[T], HGAW Gundam X Divider and BB 00 QAN[T]

MG 00 QAN[T] looks kinda bland for now, need better pic. Bad news though, it doesn't seem to include the LED for GN Drive and requires separated purchases
Old 2010-10-04, 03:48   Link #18802
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyerk View Post
Looks great, but I've noticed a small innacuracy....

Prepare for super-nitpickyness:
Look at the front of the upper thigh armor, right near the hip joints.
On the HG model and the line art, that part is supposed to be extended a bit, to partially cover that joint, but here it's cut off flat. It's like they've just re-used a part from the upcoming 00 Raiser MG that was in development...
Yeah I agree, it kinda looks strange once you notice it. The hip joint looks really exposed.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 05:10   Link #18803
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

I definitely agree with you guys, however it may be that way so that it can have more mobility in terms of moving the leg upwards (i.e. kicking). For the ppl out there who have the PG 00 Raiser, the same part covers the ball joints but it slightly restricts mobility in terms of moving the leg upwards

In my opinion, its a very minor flaw and i believe articulation is always more important

Also thanks to all the guys who posted links
Old 2010-10-04, 06:36   Link #18804
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
so happy hgaw x divider got bazooka!!!! must get for me!!!! ^^
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 11:03   Link #18805
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

MG 00 Qan[T] promotional poster:

New, if minor addition of articulation to the shield

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 11:08   Link #18806
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Aren't the legs a bit too short comapred to the original? Looks odd.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 11:36   Link #18807
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Not too impressed with it at the moment, however I hope I'm proven wrong when it comes out.

I don't buy a lot of MGs so I'll definitely get the one of one of my favourite mechs, hope it will be worth it.

I do like the handles on the Sword Bits and I suspect the GN Sword V can be posed as it was depicted in the anime lineart, something the HG version cannot do.
Old 2010-10-04, 12:07   Link #18808
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It has been a while since the last time I bought a model kit, 00Q will definitely be my next. The promotional pic doesn't look so good now, there seems to be a lack of detail. I hope the final product will look ok. Shame about lacking of LED unit though. Perhaps a special edition coming up?
Old 2010-10-04, 12:28   Link #18809
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Maybe it will be separate like the Mg GN-X's LED.
Old 2010-10-04, 12:39   Link #18810
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Ngeekhiong's Last Post

It's a very sobering read, but also quite accurately reflects the state of the mecha fandom imho.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 13:18   Link #18811
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Ngeekhiong's Last Post

It's a very sobering read, but also quite accurately reflects the state of the mecha fandom imho.
Elitists are everywhere. Give them freedom of speech and you'll have the exact same thing that is happening right now. If you care too much about something, you'll end up this way. Then again, if you love something, it matters not what kind of odds you have to face. You do it for yourself in the end.

Well, whatever. Though I wouldn't need such a long speech to justify my fears about cutting myself away from something I was a part of for such a long time.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 13:33   Link #18812
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Ngeekhiong's Last Post

It's a good move by NK for not to close the EX blog. The blog has helped many gunpla fans over the years. I would stay away from the so called "elitists",coz sometime their comments can be disturbing to someone who are very passioned about gunpla.
Old 2010-10-04, 14:17   Link #18813
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Ngeekhiong's Last Post

I some how got the feeling that this is just another case of "internet virgin can't handle /b/" from my point of view.
Internet IS a hate machine. Moreover, he put himself the spotlight in the first place, of course he is going to meet trolls and ragefffffffs. To make matter worst, he tried to reason with his /b/, that's like a fireman hosing down a class 5 fire with a tank of gas; of course it's going to blow up in his face. What he should of done is post only on a western gunpla forum and let the mods deal with the shit storm that follows.
Like many people said: if you want to be on the stage, you better be ready to dance on fire that will roast you slowly and painfully.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 14:20   Link #18814
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yes, because mods are the end-all of control on the internet. >.> There's nothing stopping said mods from allowing such hate to go on unchecked because they agree with those viewpoints, or because the mods don't care for the subjects.

Hell, look at this forum. We've only had one moderator for a long time, and then he upped and disappeared. And now he's back, only he's not a moderator anymore, so we're on our own. So there's nothing moderating this place.
Old 2010-10-04, 14:24   Link #18815
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

no offense, but this place don't have as many /b/ rolling around as you think, that's why it can survive without a mod. NK took as far as even going against _chans /b/, that's where most of his hurts came from.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 14:48   Link #18816
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
no offense, but this place don't have as many /b/ rolling around as you think, that's why it can survive without a mod. NK took as far as even going against _chans /b/, that's where most of his hurts came from.
I'll give you that, but even when we did have mods around here, we had some pretty bad trolls, Charred Knight and roriconfan in particular, and despite the fact they were obviously trolling us, the resident mod didn't do a damn thing about it, and that's what I'm trying to get across--we can't always rely on moderators to keep the peace and its unfair to expect Ngee to have done so.
Old 2010-10-04, 15:12   Link #18817
justsomeguy

I knew that he was frustrated with the different factions, but I had no idea that he actually received hate mail and threats! NK's not blameless since he made his contact information public, but that was uncalled for.

It's also depressing that he sees his attempt to unite the fans by sharing news as a failure that did the opposite.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 15:51   Link #18818
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Ngeekhiong's Last Post

I.. what.. wow. That is probably the longest blog post I've ever seen. I read a few parts, and some of it was pretty interesting. Threatening phone call for his post on piracy? Jesus... And he even mentioned the infamous Youtube video of Wing Gundam attempting to fly and failing miserably. Haha. I'll read the whole thing when I have time, since it doesn't seem to be a hate filled rant like I was expecting.

Quote:
MG 00 Qan[T] promotional poster:

New, if minor addition of articulation to the shield
MG 00-Q looks decent, but I like the proportions of the HG better. Definitely need more pictures, although I'm leaning towards getting it. And no LED is definitely a wise move by Bandai. I'd rather take the lower price than a stupid gimmick that's interesting for about 10 seconds.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 16:14   Link #18819
pikachuwei

considering how horrible the Exia LED system is (a nightmare to get it on) im glad they are taking out the LED system. I never use it anyways, scared of batteries running out
Old 2010-10-04, 19:33   Link #18820
So Zaku
Until the End..

I was thinking about getting into gunpla and I really like the 00 Series. Which model from 00 do you think is good for beginner to invest in.
So Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy