Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-25, 12:00   Link #401
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
That would be hilarious. But if that was so, wouldn't the WG make a big deal of it.. I mean, they told everyone that Dragon was his dad, so if his mom was dangerous like that, they'd have said something too... unless they don't even know?
Welll she wouldn't have had Luffy's name so they wouldn't know especially since Luffy was raised in East Blue and never had no relationship with his mother or father. So if she was a pirate no one will ever know who her son was apart from Garp, Dragon and maybe her crew.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-02-25, 23:30   Link #402
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
i wonder why Oda has kept the last Yonkou in the shadows still...?

watch it turns out to be luffy's mom or something

Don't you mean Lola's mom?

And to be fair, while we know Kaidou's name, he has still yet to physically appear, as well (that is, unless you count those silhouettes that were shown when Garp first mentioned the Yonkou at Water 7, but that may not necessarily depict the last two emperors' final designs......). Anyways, I kinda wouldn't be surprised if Oda waited until the Straw-Hats finally reached the New World to reveal the latter half of the Yonkou, but there's always that slight chance that at least one of them may finally be revealed during the war's aftermath.....

That reminds me: I'm also rather curious as to how long it will be until Vegapunk will be revealed? I actually sort of expected him to appear during this arc, but the storyline's nearing its end, and..... well, no dice so far. Perhaps Oda is going to save the good doctor's introduction for a special occasion of even greater significance than this war,,,,,?
Old 2010-02-25, 23:40   Link #403
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That reminds me: I'm also rather curious as to how long it will be until Vegapunk will be revealed? I actually sort of expected him to appear during this arc, but the storyline's nearing its end, and..... well, no dice so far. Perhaps Oda is going to save the good doctor's introduction for a special occasion of even greater significance than this war,,,,,?
Vegapunk's famous for conducting a lot of research on devil fruits and such. I have a feeling when it comes to the climax of the mystery behind what devil fruits really are and where they come from is when he's going to play a big role.
Old 2010-02-26, 11:00   Link #404
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Or maybe we'll learn a little something about Vegapunk at the Straw Hats' reunion from Franky, seeing as how he's on his home island....
Old 2010-02-26, 16:31   Link #405
longnose-kun

Maybe Vegapunk is the Earthly representative of the Sea devil. Kind of like how Jesus is the human form of god. It could happen for he knows so much about devil fruits.
Old 2010-02-26, 17:07   Link #406
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnose-kun View Post
Maybe Vegapunk is the Earthly representative of the Sea devil. Kind of like how Jesus is the human form of god. It could happen for he knows so much about devil fruits.

Or maybe he's just a Genius with the IQ 20x the average man.
Old 2010-02-26, 23:38   Link #407
longnose-kun

Hey its just a possibility
Old 2010-02-27, 00:14   Link #408
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Unrelated: my brother mentioned something funny to me.... You know Sentoumaru? Did anybody else notice that he bears an uncanny resemblance to a character in another anime? And that would be Sasuke of Naruto He has the Orochimaru knot thing, the Sharingan on his shirt, and a weird fan that sort of resembles the Uchiha clan symbol... and he kind of looks like a fat and uglier version of him? Anyone else think he could be a satirization of him?
Old 2010-02-27, 03:19   Link #409
janipani

Quote:
Unrelated: my brother mentioned something funny to me.... You know Sentoumaru? Did anybody else notice that he bears an uncanny resemblance to a character in another anime? And that would be Sasuke of Naruto He has the Orochimaru knot thing, the Sharingan on his shirt, and a weird fan that sort of resembles the Uchiha clan symbol... and he kind of looks like a fat and uglier version of him? Anyone else think he could be a satirization of him?
And on the top of that "Sentoumaru" sounds like "Sesshoumaru" from Inuyasha

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-02-27, 03:20   Link #410
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Err, isn't Sentoumaru based on Kintaro though? Much like the three Admirals are based on Momotaro's three animal companions, theme-wise?

Talk about extending resemblances too far...
Old 2010-02-27, 07:43   Link #411
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yes, nothing to do with Sasuke, Sentomaru is completely based on Kintaro. Same clothes, same weapons, etc... And the "sharingan" on his shirt is just a tomoe, a common symbol, Enel also had it on his drums or whatever it was.
And you're also right about the pheasant, dog and monkey coming from the Momotaro legend.

Old 2010-02-27, 15:18   Link #412
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Err, isn't Sentoumaru based on Kintaro though? Much like the three Admirals are based on Momotaro's three animal companions, theme-wise?

Talk about extending resemblances too far...
Well obviously he is. But I still think it would be hilarious if he was partially based on Sasuke as far as design.
Old 2010-02-27, 17:04   Link #413
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:

More like a fat Sailor Saturn or Nico Robin imo (I hope Mike Sorich gets the Funi VA )

On-topic: Akainu is officially "the bastard" to beat, or at least most hated at this point imho (yes I am an admirer of Ace, or was ).
Old 2010-02-28, 01:35   Link #414
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Im not going too believe that Ace will die just like that. Because it was obvious that Ace and Luffy will compete for the title of Pirate king.

I only think that the whole Ace "died" and keep us guessing for 2-3 chapters was all just too make us think he really did die. But then his Vivi paper will return from its dust and a small piece of that paper will come back and thus Ace recovers.
Old 2010-02-28, 01:49   Link #415
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Im not going too believe that Ace will die just like that. Because it was obvious that Ace and Luffy will compete for the title of Pirate king.
One problem with that. Ace NEVER wanted to become pirate king once he became a member of Whitebeard's crew. He stated himself that he wanted to help Whitebeard become the pirate king and gave up on his own desire of wating to be it.

And bringing Ace back now after all this buildup to his death just to find out it was a farce would just make too many people rage. Myself included. Oda's far too good a writer to pull of a stunt like that. Dead characters should stay dead.
Old 2010-02-28, 06:05   Link #416
janipani

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
He did it quite some times before.
when?... maybe you have just mistaken them dead.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2010-02-28, 13:39   Link #417
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
when?... maybe you have just mistaken them dead.

I can count a good few "fake" character deaths in the series so far: Pell, Pagaya, the Franky Family, that pirate slave in Sabaody who got blown up by the bomb collar (we only hear that he got arrested by the marines afterwards), and that other pirate slave who supposedly committed suicide (you later see him alive and well, but with half his tongue missing). There's more, but those are the ones that come off the top of my head now.

By the way, as far as the more recent deaths go, even if Ace (and eventually Whitebeard) have truly bit the dust, I sure as hell won't believe that Bon Clay's been snuffed out just yet.
Old 2010-02-28, 13:51   Link #418
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

All those "supposed" deaths happened very soon after the character was introduced and thus we had no time to even grow attached to them OR they were just background characters OR had very little buildup to the fact that they would possibly die.

Ace's death has been forshadowed ever since he fought and lost to Blackbeard, which was around 200 chapters ago or so (maybe a bit more). That's almost 4 years worth of manga chapters weekly. The buildup for his death was humongous and there was always that possiblity of it happening within that scope of time.

I also agree Bon Clay will pull through as well. I can't see him dying any time soon.
Old 2010-02-28, 15:37   Link #419
striderm
Adusa #1

Bon Clay's always been built up as a tragic hero. Always sacrificing himself for his comrades. He won't die I'm sure tho.
Old 2010-02-28, 21:38   Link #420
ninetail1989
Dreamer

bone clay will live on for sure....when Maggelan was about to finish off Boney.....a Guard reported to him that blackbeard was in level 6 and was releasing all those legendary criminal... while Maggelan is shocked and stunned...Bone Clay quickly run away.....disguise him self as a marine and sail off freely into the sea XD
if bone clay is alive...i am sure that he will join luffy crew

now they got a damn pussy boy....and all we need left in his crew is a tom boy...haha
Closed Thread