AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-23, 15:01   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Devil May Cry TV Series

ADV Films have announced the license for Devil May Cry at Anime Expo 2007. Link to ANN report.

Devil May Cry was produced by MFI, therefore we didn't list fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is licensed, the following posts are not allowed.
  • Asking where you can find Devil May Cry downloads or torrents.
  • Providing links to Devil May Cry downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Devil May Cry fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Devil May Cry.
  • Asking for playback help for Devil May Cry episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story. End of edit by Mod (xris)

Genre: Action that reeks macho

Expected Release Date: January 2007

The rumors have been going on for sometime that there will be an animated TV series of this very popular Play Station game. I have been a huge fan of the games and most likely will spend a fortune to buy the Play Station 3 console so I could play the upcoming Devil May Cry 4 (among few other games). So I cry for joy when I see the confirmation of an anime to be released at a not so distant future.

Some of the good news and bad news from my point of view: the good news is that Madhouse will be the production company and the length of the series listed in AniDB is showing 12 episodes long, meaning, the chance of the show dragging is already at minimum. Let's face it, even Dante's raising hell without any attitude adjustment can become old pretty quickly if the story starts to drag. So, as I was worrying about the story, I do a bit of searching and find that Devil May Cry has mangas! My ignorance is what caused this little surprise since I'm not a big fan of reading mangas. Hopefully NeoSam will provide the covers.

The director for the show is the same person, Shin Itagaki, who directed Black Cat, which I consider a bad news. I just couldn't find anything good about Black Cat other than the showing of some really cool characters who came short most of the time because things and events seemed to jump randomly. Some of the event that was described to be very emotional by the Black Cat manga-readers, completely seemed ordinarily unstriking. Sometime, some of the emotion portrayed seemed overbearing. That said, the production company is Madhouse, so, I'm hoping for the best.

Last edited by xris; 2007-06-30 at 15:06.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 15:20   Link #2
kauldron26
Med Student

holy shit... i cant believe it's happening! hell yes...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 16:26   Link #3
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Interesting. It'll either be a hilarious cheese-fest or the worst pile of crap imaginable. Either way it's bound to be snapped up for licensing pretty quick.

Bit early to say but I hope they go with the gothic horror of the first game, which is still the best in the series IMHO.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 00:18   Link #4
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Yeah!!! Stylish action!!! Can't wait for this!
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 04:15   Link #5
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yeah, it's said to be about DMC1.
Old 2006-09-24, 06:09   Link #6
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Hope that the scenario and the font will be good
I don't want a DMC2(I talk about the Game)... On Anime..
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 07:08   Link #7
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Interesting. It'll either be a hilarious cheese-fest or the worst pile of crap imaginable.
Well the director made Black Cat anime a tad better than the otherwise so-so manga.
Backed up by Mad House, we can hope it is not something that could be compared to Gonzo's average anime.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 07:57   Link #8
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
oo... other than the fact that i am skeptical about game to anime conversions being unsuccessful, i think i should be upkeeping this series in my weekly watchlist come jan 2007
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 08:22   Link #9
Ptolemi
Banned

i love the game, but the anime won't last.

there is no real story, character development, or anything complicated that can be offered by this anime besides action.

You say Hellsing? There was a good amount of character development in Sera's case and even a bit on Alucard.

I guess we will see with time... probably will be good i just don't see any story tied into it unless they make one up

Last edited by Ptolemi; 2006-09-24 at 08:44.
Ptolemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 09:17   Link #10
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'm thinking that monir's going to be frustrated again when he realizes this show to be similar to Zaizen Jotaro. LOL. Just kidding.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 09:51   Link #11
Zappster

As a fan of the games I'm looking forward to this. Particularly with the mention of Madhouse being involved. I'm not expecting a fantastic story or anything but just some fun action sequences involving Dante and Vergil(one can hope). Hopefully they pull some of the moves/weapons from DMC3 which is IMO the best game in the series(though this could change with number 4).
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 11:50   Link #12
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
I'm thinking that monir's going to be frustrated again when he realizes this show to be similar to Zaizen Jotaro. LOL. Just kidding.

Physics' playing dirty! I'm telling.

No, really! Is it possible for me to be that lucky to be able to author another thread for a show as bad (or as good if one is from the bizarro world) as Zaizen Jotaro? Thankfully, the answer lies in the future. As long as Dante doesn't take out a CCIA card to have the surrounding crowd gasp for breathe, I won't complain.

The music alone, if it's done right, will make the show an instant hit. Just look at Air Gear for a prime example! Good animation also favors the show due to its projected length. Involvement of Madhouse also helps. Granted, the show will be cheesy, but that goes for everyother shounen series. Now the question is will the cheese-fest will dish out entertainment?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 13:28   Link #13
LynRee
-

As a big fan of the games, that's definitely good news for me. Well, I didn't love the games because of the story, more like the fantastic action scenes, so if a series can do the same, it may turn out well.
LynRee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 22:27   Link #14
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

hope it doesn't get overhyped liked Disgaea *trailer-wise* then ends up being a huge letdown *just my opinion*
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 00:03   Link #15
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry (anime).

Official Websites (Japanese):
http://dmc-tv.com/
http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/dmc/

Promo has been released (and as far as I know at least one subber is on it - Animanda)

The 12-episode show produced by Madhouse will reveal the day-to-day life of Dante.

Director: Shin Itagaki ("Black Cat," "Desert Punk," and others)
Character Design: Hisashi Abe ("Chobits," "Gunslinger Girl" and others)
Series Organization: Toshiki Inoue ("Death Note," "Kamen Rider 555" and others)

Script: Toshiki Inoue
Shoutarou Suga ("Ghost in the Shell S.A.C.," "Eureka Seven" and others)
Bingo Morihashi ("Devil May Cry" 3 & 4 (Games))
Ichirou Sakaki ("Scrapped Princess" (Novel), "Straight Jacket" (Novel))

Animation Production: Madhouse ("Death Note," "Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo," "Nana," and others)

The Devil May Cry anime premieres on WOWOW.

Info Sources:

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=6966
ANN

Although I've never played the game, the story sounds interesting but only 12 episodes? I wonder how this will turn out. I'm not too familiar with directors, etc. (never paid much attention to that) but from the series that these people have already created, seems like it's quite a talented team to work on this short anime.

EDIT: Oops! Sorry Mods. I didn't see that a thread was already created for this - although I did look...must have missed it somehow. Anyway, thanks for moving it - sorry for the trouble.

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2007-03-18 at 00:34.
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 00:05   Link #16
honeysempai
Lins #1 fangirl / LinxMai

Send a message via AIM to honeysempai
Are you kidding me? My friend is going to die when she hears of this! The game seemed awesome even thought I never got to play it... hah.
honeysempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 02:55   Link #17
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
With this Dante from DMC1... I just thinking that they will made All DMC1 Scenario or maybe what's going before or after (Trish?)...
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 04:57   Link #18
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

As far as I'm aware, the series is being based around DMC3. I haven't seen anything to say Media Factory is involved with this title though, not on the official site or the WOWOW site. Where was that announced?
Old 2007-03-18, 06:34   Link #19
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grv View Post
As far as I'm aware, the series is being based around DMC3. I haven't seen anything to say Media Factory is involved with this title though, not on the official site or the WOWOW site. Where was that announced?
It seems the MFI anime page now redirects to somewhere else so you can't see the list of current and future titles. All I can say is that DMC was listed last week when I checked.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 09:04   Link #20
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Script:
Bingo Morihashi ("Devil May Cry" 3 & 4 (Games))
Now that is a great news. There are great chances we are going to see the smartass wisecracking Dante that trashtalk and we all loved.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, madhouse