AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 29 27.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 40.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 21.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-20, 19:48   Link #201
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Yeah. I've been curious ever since I read the manga. Nanoha was extremely powerful even then, what could've taken her down?
I have to think it was some sneak attack or maybe Nanoha protecting Vita. She's such a powerful person that losing directly just seems hard to believe. But anyone no matter how powerful can be taken down in the right situation. Really want it to be next week already.

Does Shamal have the qualifications to be a psychiatrist? I'd assume a military organization would have some professional for this kind of thing.
Old 2007-05-20, 19:54   Link #202
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Does Shamal have the qualifications to be a psychiatrist? I'd assume a military organization would have some professional for this kind of thing.
Dunno about qualification but since she is in charge of Riot6 medical department with Alto & Lucino, I expect her to be handling that sort of issues ...The problem is whether she does it professional way or Hayate's

There has been tons of Nanoha's injury speculation before in fan anticipation thread, like 10 pages long.Guess we finally get to see the truth next week
Old 2007-05-20, 19:55   Link #203
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I have to think it was some sneak attack or maybe Nanoha protecting Vita. She's such a powerful person that losing directly just seems hard to believe. But anyone no matter how powerful can be taken down in the right situation. Really want it to be next week already.

I'm betting on a 'Nanoha protecting Vita' situation.
Old 2007-05-20, 20:04   Link #204
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
Nope dont see any body yet so are we going with "no body no death principle" ala mai hime ? (quoted from omni)^.^
ala Sunrise in general

Quote:
Except that,this situation is a little bit more dangerous considering Nanoha's suitor and Nanoha herself ^_~
Despite popular belief, Nanoha can't blow up an entire planet...

... So I have to say, his previous situation was MORE crictical

Quote:
I'm betting on a 'Nanoha protecting Vita' situation.
From what?

They describe the situation as 'normal' in the beginning, but something happened at the end...

... I had called "Lost Logia exploding" ...

But seeing as they're trying to link the episode with the next, I'll have to say that it's possible that it's something to do with Teana/Subaru's recklessness....

But as always, I'm waiting to be surprised.
Old 2007-05-20, 20:09   Link #205
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I'm so horrible. Me and my friend were just thinking... I'll spoiler this just in case.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-20, 20:23   Link #206
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
ala Sunrise in general
Oh well ok ...i forgot about gsd

Quote:
Despite popular belief, Nanoha can't blow up an entire planet...

... So I have to say, his previous situation was MORE crictical
Maybe(maybe not) considering his previous "client" doesn't know about her abilities ^.^ and it has global(universal?) effect ...this one could be a danger to him personally
Old 2007-05-20, 20:24   Link #207
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Wow!

Shit has already hit the fans.....

This is one war I will avoid but I am just amazed that one of Satashi's fics might have been a premonition for this episode and more to come....

If you have read it, you know what I mean...

I have to see this episode for my self before I comment on it....Have to watch Nanoha very carefully...and that Ferret too...
Old 2007-05-20, 20:26   Link #208
johnjefferson3

well, here one thing for sure after fate seeing nanoha being such a cool cute badass , i think fate will do everything in her power to even be more closer to nanoha as much as possible, and vita will probley be much closer to nanoha too!!!!
Old 2007-05-20, 20:34   Link #209
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

You guys are delirious. That's all I'll say.

Watched the darned episode just now. Upon reevaluation, I came up with the same result as before, Nanoha did good, Teana just went nutso on her.

About the preview: The title being 'Something Important' somehow gives us a hint about what it may talk about. @Chaos: Lost Logias tend to be plenty of 'unconfirmed' stuff, so basically that's what I was implying .
Old 2007-05-20, 20:51   Link #210
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
You guys are delirious. That's all I'll say.

Watched the darned episode just now. Upon reevaluation, I came up with the same result as before, Nanoha did good, Teana just went nutso on her.

About the preview: The title being 'Something Important' somehow gives us a hint about what it may talk about. @Chaos: Lost Logias tend to be plenty of 'unconfirmed' stuff, so basically that's what I was implying .
*clutches precious magazine of cartridges and rushes to finish essay so as to watch Nanoha at anime club later to be able to pass proper Urteil*
Old 2007-05-20, 21:23   Link #211
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Seen the episode too...

God! People's minds can come up with strange things....

I am like a level 1 of understanding Japanese to the whole 50 but this is what I understood...

1. Nanoha is a teacher who punished her students for their mistakes...This isn't math where you get punished for getting 1+1 wrong...This is training for life or death situations.....You do the maths dear fans...

2. Also note that Nanoha did hit Tia TWO times. A Captain and a Vice Captain weren't so far away from them so if she was breaking the rules...They would've come to the rescue of both Nanoha(if she lost herself) or Tia(If her life was in jeopardy) But they remained as they were and none of their faces showed any negative emotions to Nanoha's actions....

3. Nanoha chose to put away her wea'pon and handle the girls with bear hands which farther supports that she was in 100% her right mind...I didn't understand what Tiana and Subaru discussed the night before they both looked so dandy before their trainer nor did I of the Captains and Vice Captains' conversation but I think they both had something to do with those few adrenaline-rushing last minutes...

Final conclusion: PUNISHMENT.

Really guys, think about the line of work those girls will be in....I was actually a little buffed by their ease of training but I let it go as far as this...Now I know how serious working to preserve peace in that Universe is...Or are we forgetting that Subaru could've died an episode ago had it not been for Vita?!!

I have more theories of this but that should be enough...

Again...I didn't understand a many things but a picture is worth 1000 words...and me and art are really nice friends...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

But enough of that crap......

It's been a while dear Fuyu-chan...HAY?

I lol'd at Yuuno spending more screen time with Fate than Nanoha...yes, I counted it...

And I still see no chance for Yuuno...:

I felt a little sad for Tia too...that expression she made when she was being hit was OMG!!! So tragic....

I almost snickered at Subaru when she went all "Nanoha-san is so kind~" Too bad she was brown down from her cloud no.9 to reality....

If you haven't been 'be-friended' by Nanoha...you are her stranger friend...Which reminds me...Yuuno hasn't been really 'be-friended' by Nanoha...Less points for him I guess...

And OMFG!! Nanoha....

GOD £%$^"£$£(£&*&%£%£T AWESOMEEEE...There has to be a word for coolest girls....that rivals GAR....We need to invent one for this lady.......Damn...I am shaking.....with excitement...

I never so that coming...Not in a tillion years...

Behold, the power of fandom......You know what this means guys 'n' girls, right....Eh he he....

I confess that after seeing that preview of this episode, I only got the RAW to watch the preview of 09 but damn was I surprised....

I knew Nanoha(The show) would never disappoint...Fuck this 'QUALITY' crap...I don't care, I love the chara-designs better than most others...The animation...The ANIMATION....Can anyone say 'Great Seiyuu Cast' too?!! Nanoha doesn't sound at all like she did in the first two seasons...Not at all....

I simply loved this episode...

And for some NxF support...I liked how Fate and Yuuno jumped when they had her voice...as if they were...caught?! Doing what, I don't know...

And so...I take my leave to get my Sausage fill...
Old 2007-05-20, 21:31   Link #212
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

And Oh yeah, I forgot...

- Dear Tohsaka Rin, this is how a finger magic gun is supposed to be like...at retrained levels...

- Kaede-san, What pray tell are you doing in Nanoha's body? GTFO this instant...Not...

But really, Nanoha had Kaede's eyes for a while there...
Old 2007-05-20, 21:33   Link #213
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post

If you haven't been 'be-friended' by Nanoha...you are her stranger friend...Which reminds me...Yuuno hasn't been really 'be-friended' by Nanoha...Less points for him I guess...
I'm going to skip most of what you said (Because they've been said before) and focus on this where I can throw it BACK in your face

Nanoha had a "Starlight Breaker PLUS" exploded in both her and Yuuno's face.

According to that logic, Nanoha had 'befriended' Yuuno with more firepower, or 'love' if you will, than Fate EVER gotten back in season 1.

SO in other words, Fate got ONE UP by Yuuno.

*Smiling ear to ear *
Old 2007-05-20, 21:33   Link #214
krisslanza

Actually I do wonder if Satoshi will be pretty close on about what happened to Nanoha... That would be most definantly highly amusing. It'd almost be like Satoshi predicted the future!
Only without the drinking and Nanoha and Fate making out before Fate went with Hayate to meet them uh, Crim was it? I forgot.

Argh, next week nao!? >_<

EDIT:
When did Nanoha ever attack Yuuno? <_<
Never. Obviously Fate is higher up on the friendship scale then!
Old 2007-05-20, 21:36   Link #215
Icarus
shmupmonkey

Just to clarify something if it hasn't already been done:

When Nanoha commands Raising Heart to "Mode Release", she isn't removing a power limiter from her device, she is commanding her device to shut down. If you haven't already noticed, the animation after that was Raising Heart changing from device form to dormant jewel form.

I suspect that Nanoha could have easily blocked the knife attack with a second barrier, but in this case she wanted to get hurt to teach her students an important lesson: you act reckless and the people you work with will get hurt.

Which goes back to the A's to StrikerS manga and what Nanoha said to Vita during "the event": "I'm sorry, it was my mistake..." (or something along those lines). Nanoha was known to act recklessly herself in the past, rushing headlong into things. Something must have happened to change her attitude, and that something is what she is trying to convey to her students.
Old 2007-05-20, 21:39   Link #216
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post

EDIT:
Don't try to change it

Being 'befriended' applies only to being "Starlight Breaker"-ed...

You ALL were thinking it.

Edit: Brb in an hour and a half...
Old 2007-05-20, 21:44   Link #217
krisslanza

... No I'm not seeing it. Unless you're implying something R Rated which we all know only happens in Yuuno's dreams. =p
Old 2007-05-20, 21:45   Link #218
johnjefferson3

if you watch the video closly she does put RH back to normal small sphere becuase she using both hands at the same time, left hand against subaru and right hand against tiena, then she does a crossfire (tiena own move) against tiena and then a small divine buster, with just 1 bare hand, yes, the aces are limited down, but there smarter too, which means don't mess with white devil, or your getted owned (befriended) or at worst case serieno free burial service provided by TSAB at taxpayer espense!!!!!
Old 2007-05-20, 21:45   Link #219
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
Seen the episode too...

God! People's minds can come up with strange things....

I am like a level 1 of understanding Japanese to the whole 50 but this is what I understood...

1. Nanoha is a teacher who punished her students for their mistakes...This isn't math where you get punished for getting 1+1 wrong...This is training for life or death situations.....You do the maths dear fans...

2. Also note that Nanoha did hit Tia TWO times. A Captain and a Vice Captain weren't so far away from them so if she was breaking the rules...They would've come to the rescue of both Nanoha(if she lost herself) or Tia(If her life was in jeopardy) But they remained as they were and none of their faces showed any negative emotions to Nanoha's actions....

3. Nanoha chose to put away her wea'pon and handle the girls with bear hands which farther supports that she was in 100% her right mind...I didn't understand what Tiana and Subaru discussed the night before they both looked so dandy before their trainer nor did I of the Captains and Vice Captains' conversation but I think they both had something to do with those few adrenaline-rushing last minutes...

Final conclusion: PUNISHMENT.

Really guys, think about the line of work those girls will be in....I was actually a little buffed by their ease of training but I let it go as far as this...Now I know how serious working to preserve peace in that Universe is...Or are we forgetting that Subaru could've died an episode ago had it not been for Vita?!!

I have more theories of this but that should be enough...

Again...I didn't understand a many things but a picture is worth 1000 words...and me and art are really nice friends...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

But enough of that crap......

It's been a while dear Fuyu-chan...HAY?

I lol'd at Yuuno spending more screen time with Fate than Nanoha...yes, I counted it...

And I still see no chance for Yuuno...:

I felt a little sad for Tia too...that expression she made when she was being hit was OMG!!! So tragic....

I almost snickered at Subaru when she went all "Nanoha-san is so kind~" Too bad she was brown down from her cloud no.9 to reality....

And OMFG!! Nanoha....

GOD £%$^"£$£(£&*&%£%£T AWESOMEEEE...There has to be a word for coolest girls....that rivals GAR....We need to invent one for this lady.......Damn...I am shaking.....with excitement...

I never so that coming...Not in a tillion years...

Behold, the power of fandom......You know what this means guys 'n' girls, right....Eh he he....

I confess that after seeing that preview of this episode, I only got the RAW to watch the preview of 09 but damn was I surprised....

I knew Nanoha(The show) would never disappoint...Fuck this 'QUALITY' crap...I don't care, I love the chara-designs better than most others...The animation...The ANIMATION....Can anyone say 'Great Seiyuu Cast' too?!! Nanoha doesn't sound at all like she did in the first two seasons...Not at all....

I simply loved this episode...

And for some NxF support...I liked how Fate and Yuuno jumped when they had her voice...as if they were...caught?! Doing what, I don't know...

And so...I take my leave to get my Sausage fill...
Yeah, it's been a while Demon-kun. Glad to see you fine and participating again . I also felt kinda bad for dumb Teana, but she reaped what she sowed by wanting to get Nanoha. I think she went through an insane crisis there for a moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Actually I do wonder if Satoshi will be pretty close on about what happened to Nanoha... That would be most definantly highly amusing. It'd almost be like Satoshi predicted the future!
Only without the drinking and Nanoha and Fate making out before Fate went with Hayate to meet them uh, Crim was it? I forgot.

Argh, next week nao!? >_<

EDIT:
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Satashi predicted the future correctly ><.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post

When Nanoha commands Raising Heart to "Mode Release", she isn't removing a power limiter from her device, she is commanding her device to shut down. If you haven't already noticed, the animation after that was Raising Heart changing from device form to dormant jewel form.

I suspect that Nanoha could have easily blocked the knife attack with a second barrier, but in this case she wanted to get hurt to teach her students an important lesson: you act reckless and the people you work with will get hurt.

Which goes back to the A's to StrikerS manga and what Nanoha said to Vita during "the event": "I'm sorry, it was my mistake..." (or something along those lines). Nanoha was known to act recklessly herself in the past, rushing headlong into things. Something must have happened to change her attitude, and that something is what she is trying to convey to her students.
Maybe so. And yes, she chose to fight barehanded to not harm her students even more.
Old 2007-05-20, 21:55   Link #220
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post

I think Icarus made a good point here.

Otherwise, I think she might be trying to convey another message as well. Things don't always go as you plan, and an all-out attack that leaves you naked (so to speak) is going to kill you once things go unexpected. Note how shocked those two were when Nanoha disabled RH's Device Mode, and chose to go melee on them. They clearly didn't expect this turn of events, nor Nanoha not going "Nihaha, it's alright. We all make mistakes~" for once.

Subaru's naivety, and perhaps, even Tia's, since she actually agreed with her about Nanoha going easy on them despite the obvious problems this would cause.
Like what Nanoha said, what they were doing was no longer within training boundaries, but was something akin to "kill-or-be-killed". Had they faced a real enemy, s/he would not warn Subaru about reckless maneuvers. The moment Subaru was thrown off, the opponent could have followed it up with a bind and/or a finishing blow.

The second shot was to show them what IS going to happen in real-life.

Perhaps Nanoha herself was to be blamed for being too kind to them.
Closed Thread