AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-30, 22:54   Link #241
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
even then it doesn't confirm ShKanon - it just means there's someone there who isn't really there... ShKanon isn't the only option...
It's about the only one that works... remember why Shkannon was possible in the first place?

Because pre-Ep5, Battler never saw the both of them together at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
That is pretty much the coolest thing I have ever read.
Basically, it seems as if each game is actually a part of the conceptual reality that is the Meta-World, and Ryukishi reads too much Kara no Kyoukai.
Old 2009-12-30, 23:05   Link #242
Ginrai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Okay theory time.

Spoiler for Theory in here:

Sadly if this theory is true then we're in for a MAJOR mindfuck.
Now, if this the case then,

Spoiler:
Old 2009-12-30, 23:07   Link #243
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Are the new Siestas that are supposedly introduced actually seen? Or are they only mentioned?
Old 2009-12-30, 23:10   Link #244
Escargotage
I want to believe.

I was pretty sure about Featherine being an author from the moment I started reading. With her and Ange discussing the letters and then saying the names of each game, then being able to show Ange scenes from them. Could it be possible that...

Spoiler for EP6 theory, may include crack:
Old 2009-12-30, 23:12   Link #245
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

No, since the Meta-World is some kind of conceptual reality/higher superconscious/Root of All Things, her stories are directly affecting what is happening to Battler on the island... or something like that. That's how I understand it.

Ep1 is probably real.
Old 2009-12-30, 23:12   Link #246
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Spoiler for Furfur, Zepar, Featherinne character TIPS translations:

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2010-01-02 at 19:27.
Old 2009-12-30, 23:13   Link #247
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargotage View Post
I was pretty sure about Featherine being an author from the moment I started reading. With her and Ange discussing the letters and then saying the names of each game, then being able to show Ange scenes from them. Could it be possible that...

Spoiler for EP6 theory, may include crack:
Well..yes and no.

Spoiler for Major Ep 6 spoiler:
Old 2009-12-30, 23:15   Link #248
Bellecat
THIS TEXT IS DELICIOUS

I found a quote attributed to Featherine and I want to know if it's true.
Spoiler for in here:
Old 2009-12-30, 23:15   Link #249
Nontype
CONTRACTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post

That is pretty much the coolest thing I have ever read.
Bigger Mindfvck/crazy-ass ending theory (This one is so big i used roman spelling)

Battler and Beato end up leading the Pieces in open revolt against Bern and Lambda.

Lambda makes a heroic final stand in defense of Bern as the enraged Ushiromiyas shoot, stab, and beat her as she calls up all kinds of crazy crap against them in a battle royale.

Bern flees, leaving Lambdadelta and her allies to their fates. She realizes Bernkastle truly is the cruelest witch of all, who never cared about her one iota.

Battler and Beatrice make their way past the epic final battle in pursuit of Bern, who has two choices. Stand and fight, or flee into the sea of kakera. She dives in, and the two of them plunge in in pursuit.

Each and every one of the theories that readers have come up with represents a parallel universe, and peering into the sea of kakera we will see brief snippets of various universes where many popular theories get a shout out as Beatrice and Battler struggle their way through the sea of kakera.

Rokkejima Syndrome? ..... Jessica is actually Beatrice, and Kanon is actially Shannon? .... All I wanted was a Pony, Battler .... and so on.

I'll of course have to figure these new characters in somehow or another. Huh, That sounded a lot cooler earlier, the idea of leading the pieces in open revolt against the players. ah well, tired.
Old 2009-12-30, 23:18   Link #250
Benriya

I always thought the red truth about the master keys help debunk the theory of Shannon = Kannon.

There are 5 master keys. One for each servant.

If Shannon = Kanon is true then won't the physical amount of furniture in the island be reduced to 4? So, if that theory was true then it won't make sense that there will be 1 extra key left over unless Shannon/Kannon holds two keys which isn't possible according to the red truth.
Old 2009-12-30, 23:25   Link #251
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Spoiler for Major Ep 6 spoiler:
This... actually makes a surprising amount of sense.

Regardless, each episode should still be solvable if she knows the truth.
Old 2009-12-30, 23:30   Link #252
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
This... actually makes a surprising amount of sense.

Regardless, each episode should still be solvable if she knows the truth.
This is true. She told Ange clearly that she wrote the stories with the truth in mind, so the game is still solvable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellecat View Post
I found a quote attributed to Featherine and I want to know if it's true.
Spoiler for in here:
This goes back to the idea of "No more than 18". Beato can say no more than 18 because there are no more than 18.

However Battler says in red that there are EXACTLY 17 people. At that point what Featherine said is no longer subjective, because of the exactly.
Old 2009-12-30, 23:32   Link #253
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
This is true. She told Ange clearly that she wrote the stories with the truth in mind, so the game is still solvable.
And my assumptions about the catbox and Meta-World being directly affected in retrospect by her stories are correct, right?
Old 2009-12-30, 23:34   Link #254
Benriya

Wait wait wait..if Featherine wrote the story to Episode 6 then what exactly does Battler do as the GM with the game? Won't that mean the way that GM Battler is handling the game is the way that Featherine wrote it? So does that mean GM Battler is directing the story, unknowingly to him, the way that Featherine thought happened without him actually realizing it?
Old 2009-12-30, 23:54   Link #255
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
And my assumptions about the catbox and Meta-World being directly affected in retrospect by her stories are correct, right?
Yes. The gameboard world is literally being written by Featherine. Meta-World is not, but everything else is. This only applies for EP 3-6 however. Erika is also an addition Featherine made to the story, because as I said before - Erika's existence itself is debatable. Some people say she was on Rokkenjima and others say she wasn't.

This can explain what Lambda meant when she told Bern at the end of EP 5 to 'weave the story of the fragment'.
Old 2009-12-31, 00:09   Link #256
~Ayane~

so it really means Game Master has no control over a gameboard?
Old 2009-12-31, 00:12   Link #257
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

For some reason I saw this plot twist a while ago when the bottles of the game appeared, but I feel heavily betrayed if everything we've been experiencing games 3-6 are just stories trying to find the truth by Ms. Au Au.

(Maybe she wrote Higurashi as well lol)
Old 2009-12-31, 00:35   Link #258
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Question: Does anyone know how this episode ends yet? Because I just heard something to the effect that it's the end of the series...

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-12-31 at 00:47.
Old 2009-12-31, 00:48   Link #259
Kamar
Author Wannabe

This reminds me of a plot point from late in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Rather than try to explain what I'll mean, I'll just ask if anyone else gets a similar feeling?
Old 2009-12-31, 00:49   Link #260
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamar View Post
This reminds me of a plot point from late in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Rather than try to explain what I'll mean, I'll just ask if anyone else gets a similar feeling?
Yeah, I know what you mean.

At least AuAu isn't named "Ryukishi07".
Closed Thread