AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Utawarerumono

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-05, 20:23   Link #41
Freeter
beyond

Why not just call it "War Song"? I don't see any other licensed animes with that name...
Old 2006-08-05, 20:24   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Uta' would have been fine. ^^;
Old 2006-08-05, 20:24   Link #43
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
"Hakuoro → Hary
Eruruu → Edna
Aruruu → Anna
Touka → Tania
Karura → Karla
Oboro → Odelo
Kamyu → Keith

This is how it seems, Hakuoro-san"
its bad enough for the title (maybe no that affecting to the fans) but why the names too??

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-05, 20:29   Link #44
Pale Sqwish

^ Are they really going to change the names O_o?
Old 2006-08-05, 20:31   Link #45
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Someone in the AnimeOnDVD forums brought up an interesting point that the titles given might have been due to miscommunication. The name change "Shadow Warrior Chronicles" might go with another of ADV's licensed title Shin Angyo Onishi which by the way makes A LOT more sense because it feature a male protagonist that can summon shadow warriors.

The other title in question is "Blade of the Phantom Mask", and you know that fits Utawarerumono rather well.

In short, hold off your bitching because ANN might have screwed up.
Old 2006-08-05, 20:33   Link #46
jtrog

About the name change, Hakuoro - as we have seen when he asks 'who am i, what am i?" and the beast images only glimpsed, I would say the new name is good. Sure hope The DvDs from them are in WIDESCREEN MODE. god forbid they chop, crop, and stretch the chars off the screen, (causes top of head/hats to be missing) and things to look like ultra junk. anyway cant wait to see it.
Old 2006-08-05, 20:33   Link #47
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

After all this commotion, that would be a rather hilarious development. XD Someone on 4chan brought up the same point. Fan of the Mask?
Old 2006-08-05, 20:38   Link #48
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07
Someone in the AnimeOnDVD forums brought up an interesting point that the titles given might have been due to miscommunication. The name change "Shadow Warrior Chronicles" might go with another of ADV's licensed title Shin Angyo Onishi which by the way makes A LOT more sense because it feature a male protagonist that can summon shadow warriors.

The other title in question is "Blade of the Phantom Mask", and you know that fits Utawarerumono rather well.

owh but i love bitching *cough**cough*
well "Blade of the Phantom Mask" fits better than "Shadow Warrior Chronicles" but still its rather corney/cheezy >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-05, 20:40   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Not an amazing title, but its a hell of a lot better.

Quote:
I've heard the news around the 'net, though i am hoping it was an all mighty screw up~

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-08-05 at 21:18.
Old 2006-08-05, 21:02   Link #50
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Guys, before you get freaked out about the name-changing, keep in mind that I found it on 2chan and only on 2chan. It's probably reckless speculation at most.

"Blade of the Phantom Mask" is an upgrade and a half from "Shadow Warrior Chronicles," but I'm still not completely onboard.
Old 2006-08-05, 21:06   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
"Blade of the Phantom Mask" is an upgrade and a half from "Shadow Warrior Chronicles," but I'm still not completely onboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
ADV Films has announced that they have acquired Shin Angyo Onshi and will release it under the name "Blade of the Phantom Mask."
Now we know just what they were on about.
Old 2006-08-05, 21:07   Link #52
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
"Hakuoro → Hary
Eruruu → Edna
Aruruu → Anna
Touka → Tania
Karura → Karla
Oboro → Odelo
Kamyu → Keith

This is how it seems, Hakuoro-san"

I wouldn't take these rumored names seriously at all. It was probably someone joking on 2chan about them changing the names to bad ones.

For one thing, ADV has kept names similar in series like FMP, where there are some Japanese names. Also, another thing to note about the names, must of them do not contain the same amount of syllables. Eruuruu to Edna is one less, as is the case with Karura to Karla, Kamyu to Keith, well, Keith is a male name (lol), and Hakauro to Harry sure doesn't fit, either, so I wouldn't worry about these mock up names, probably made up in jest. I don't think they will even change up names.
Old 2006-08-05, 21:11   Link #53
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Guys, before you get freaked out about the name-changing, keep in mind that I found it on 2chan and only on 2chan. It's probably reckless speculation at most.
There is some conversation about this over on AnimeonDVD.com as well as in English Dub IRC chat rooms, so you never know...sure, it may end up being reckless speculation, but let's hope it’s true. I also find it humorous that everyone wants the title changed so soon. Mass projectile revulsion.

I agree with Angelsama that in the end it is just a name of a show that in 2 years, none of us will think much about (disposable society), but since I'm buying the show when ADV releases it, I'd rather have it named "Blade of the Phantom Mask". Of course, that name makes me think of this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083366/ , but I’m not sure why.
Old 2006-08-05, 21:13   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Catgirls - Check on what i just posted above, and you'll see that Blade of the Phantom Mask belongs to the anime Shin Angyo Onshi, another anime ADV have got a hold off.
Old 2006-08-05, 21:14   Link #55
Cyz
"Show it to me"

It just got licensed anyway. Who knows they might reconsider changing the title.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-08-05, 21:20   Link #56
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Catgirls - Check on what i just posted above, and you'll see that Blade of the Phantom Mask belongs to the anime Shin Angyo Onshi, another anime ADV have got a hold off.

Unless ANN screwed up twice. It is largely fan contributed material.
Old 2006-08-05, 21:21   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Seeming as though ANN are actually at Otakon, i don't think so.

I take it you just don't wanna believe that Shadow Warrior Chronicles its the title for the R1's?
Old 2006-08-05, 21:35   Link #58
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:

I take it you just don't wanna believe that Shadow Warrior Chronicles its the title for the R1's?
Hmm, I think it's really no big deal, if that is the title in the end, I said in an earlier post that I'm not fond of the name but said it is still the anime we all like very much in the end, and I'm happy to have it liscensed, but I would be pleased if a better name was chosen for the western market. However, I do think it may be possible that information has been miscommunicated, "Blade of the Phantom Mask" would fit, as Hakauro is a man with a brooding, dark, and mysterious past, and has a mask that he cannot remove, and is often in battle, and as someone mentioned, that other anime ADV liscensed is about someone who can summon shadow warriors. So, being that BotPM seems more appropriate for Utawarerumono and SWC seems more fitting for the other anime, it isn't out of the question that the western titles got mixed up between the two series. I think that is quite a possibility still, as this news emerged very recently, so I guess we'll have to wait awhile to see what the real case is with these series and the names ADV gives them for the western market.
Old 2006-08-05, 21:52   Link #59
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7
Unless ANN screwed up twice. It is largely fan contributed material.
I've got an feeling that Snickers is a big sponsor over there this year.

Quote:

...Snickers panel probably located next to the ADV panel.
Old 2006-08-05, 21:53   Link #60
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
I have no problems pronouncing Utawarerumono on it's own or in a Japanese sentence, but when I try to put it in an English sentence, it's a bit of a tounge twister. Sometimes when speaking in English, I shorten it to UtaMono.

For some reason, "Shadow Warrior Chroncles" reminds me of how Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind was initially renamed as "Warriors of the Wind" or something like that.
Closed Thread