AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-31, 05:50   Link #41
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

GWEN seems to be running late...
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 12:15   Link #42
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Well, I change of thought...My friend about GWEN and now I want it!!! but I have no money....so it sucks...lol
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 13:51   Link #43
kadenza

Talking

hi GW ppl, im considering buying GW but i got a few q's id like to ask u guys first b4 i do

1> which combo would b better in terms of accessabilty and enjoyability: prophecy + factions/nightfall/eye of the north?
2> hows the community like? compared to other/standard mmo's?
3> is it easy to find a pt or do most ppl tend to solo?
4> [for those whove played WoW] how does it compare to WoW [im considering this too]? i know theyr supposed to be different games but how do they differ? which one would u say is more enjoyable ?
5> i heard u cant jump/fall but does the terrain hav gradients that u can climb apart from stairs?

thats all for now
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 15:13   Link #44
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Well, it has been some time since I've last played GW, so these are my opinons.

To choose the combination that best suit yourself, it boils down to your playing style. All of them includes the 6 core classes, but Factions has the Assasin and Ritualist while Nightfall has the Paragon and Dervish. You may want to read up on those 4 classes before you make a decision. http://eu.guildwars.com/gameplay/cat...e_professions/

It's usually difficult to complete the later missions alone. However if you are unable to find players to party with, you can choose AI companions called Henchmen to fill up your party. While the AI henchies are relatively competent, they will still make you pull your hair out in fustration sometimes.

Flashback to one of the last few missions of Prophecy -> AI: "HALP! IM STANDING ON LAVA WHILE ENGAGING THE MONSTERS. IM BURNING! HEAL!" *dies* *gets ressed* *repeat*

If you rather play missions yourself with only AI, then a feature in Nightfall (and EotN) might interest you. It's called Heros. They are like your regular henchmen except that you can customize their skills and items as well as having more control over their actions.

Do you PvP alot? Factions has Alliance Battles (12 on 12 to conquer new territory for your faction) while Nightfall has Hero Battles (1 on 1 matches, supported by 3 of your Hero NPCs)

You can jump, but it's only aesthetic and doesn't affect movement. There are slopes, stairs, bridges, high and low ground, if that's what you were asking.

You can refer to GuildWiki for more information.
http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 19:03   Link #45
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I don't like the whole comparing to WoW thing. I've played both and altho I do like the depth of WoW, I'm always gonna love GW more as its the game I've played for much longer. GW is the better constructed game I think. One thing I will always take note of in MMOs is their chat channel system, and for me GW is the best there is.

If you live in North America finding other players is very easy even in the later stages compared to Europe. Wish I still had my territory changes

I think you would be best off starting with Prophecies and Nightfall

GWEN I can't say anything about yet as I don't have it, but like the other Installments it probably rocks
Old 2007-09-02, 09:51   Link #46
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

GWEN is the best out of all the chapters, and the humour is so funny

I just went G-On Rider style with my rit

On the subject of eye candy, I need some help please. I really can't decide what colour to dye her shoes. The only dyeable part is the brown part.

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-09-02 at 11:22.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 14:00   Link #47
kadenza

most people suggest i get nightfall over factions id just like to know what is it that makes nightfall better then factions? cos i rly like the prospect of playing the assasin class even though ppl hav said its difficult to get to grips with, and one more thing i understand eye is an expantion but would i b rdy for it if i just played prophecy alone or should i wait till ive completed factions and nightfall to really enjoy and/or handle eye?

thnx in advance :P
Old 2007-09-02, 15:12   Link #48
grey_moon

Assassins are fun. But if you play them like a warrior they become a burden for the healers. Nightfalls has heroes which makes playing solo a lot easier. But personally I find Factions much more fun. Its faster paced and the timed missions really get people into bad habits.

Oh if you want to go for the survivor title you can not die until u get 1.3 million exp
Old 2007-09-02, 19:54   Link #49
kadenza

im no longer considering prophecy's as a must but what would u guys suggest for a first time GW player? =/

im still unclear about eye of the north : is it only for those with more uber eq + skills? cos it looks nice but seems like a burning crusade type expantion, for the more pro gw player =/

im also considering getting a factions + nightfall combo now? good or bad combo?
was hoping to be an assasin with heroes

what stuff would i miss out on if i dont get prophecy?
Old 2007-09-02, 20:35   Link #50
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well if u want GWEN I would suggest getting prophecies as well, as it would explain alot of the back story for GWEN. If ur not gonna bother with prophecies for time being then yea get NF and Factions.
Only thing you'll miss with prophecies is Pre-Searing, which isn't all that important but for me its a absolutely great place
Old 2007-09-02, 20:55   Link #51
grey_moon

You'll miss a lot of the gags, like gwen following you around and how alesia is a wammo
Old 2007-09-02, 21:46   Link #52
Samuel20709
Banned

Yea I say U get Proph and factions i didnt really like NF because it was kinda of boring in the middle of the story but was the best in the last 3 missions and the Whole DOA thing is Fun u farm
Samuel20709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 22:06   Link #53
kadenza

how much difference does using Heroes as opposed to henchmen make? and what are these differences [ive heard sumthing about being able to pick and lvl skills for ur heroes]
Old 2007-09-03, 00:01   Link #54
Samuel20709
Banned

Henchmen i think have 6 skills and heros have 8 and also u can tell the hero to do anything
Samuel20709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 00:34   Link #55
kadenza

heh sry for all the questions but i still got more left =/
just to make sure, i can play my assasin from factions in the other campaigns?
can i use heroes fron NF/GWEN in prophecy/factions?
Old 2007-09-03, 05:18   Link #56
grey_moon

As long as you add all the chapter keys to a single account then your characters can travel between the 3 continents. your character can take everything with them. them heroes follow you around like gold fish poo
Old 2007-09-03, 13:40   Link #57
Ending

When GW came out, I too was curious to know about it and -imagine- even bought a real copy of it with real money. Two weeks later I sold it, since it was terribly boring. Most of the time you simply just trudged from place A to place B, where you whacked some anonymous monsters for an hour, and then went to place C for more menial whacking.

But still: the concept is welcome, since I dislike the monthly fees of WoW. Hopefully it is a lot better, because otherwise it will end to the same place as the previous copy: somewhere else.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 04:41   Link #58
grey_moon

Hoo hoo that is one way to play it. But if you are like me a lasy bum who likes to have nice looking eye candy, then you avoid prophecies apart from for story line and lore.

Instead start with chapter 2 or 3 you can max level in 1 to 2 days with max eq. Then you can start unlocking the interesting things such as the challenge missions and lots of the fun pvp/pve alliance battles etc. The npcs in chapter 2 and 3 are far more generous then in chapter 1 and you can get lots of exp and cash by doing quests. Granted that it does involve whacking monsters but if you look around and pay attention to detail, there is a wealth of story buried away there.
Old 2007-09-04, 11:08   Link #59
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadenza View Post
hi GW ppl, im considering buying GW but i got a few q's id like to ask u guys first b4 i do

1> which combo would b better in terms of accessabilty and enjoyability: prophecy + factions/nightfall/eye of the north?
2> hows the community like? compared to other/standard mmo's?
3> is it easy to find a pt or do most ppl tend to solo?
4> [for those whove played WoW] how does it compare to WoW [im considering this too]? i know theyr supposed to be different games but how do they differ? which one would u say is more enjoyable ?
5> i heard u cant jump/fall but does the terrain hav gradients that u can climb apart from stairs?

thats all for now
Well...Honestly, I can't answer for GWEN because I don't have it...but I've heard it was awsome...but the new area is all 20s, so yea...but if anything....you would want to get them all, that way you have all the benifts (Wepons, land, skills, profession...etc..). But it depends on what you like, I'm going to Assume you already have prophieces....Factions was more on PvP then anything...They have the Assassin and Ritualist professions...., But if you plan on getting them all soon, I would definatly go with, Prophocies, Nightfall, Factions, Eye of the North....Because Proph, and NF are more for RPing...so you get used to them then go to Factions and EW.

The community's good....You find some that are complete jerks, and then the one's that are nice but then freak out if you screw up in a mission...If you have ever played WoW, it's like there community...only smaller...and more crowded in the towns and stuff...lol...I'm normally in the Euopean server because most of them are nice and understnding when you screw up...alot in the American servers are all jerks...so yeps.

Well...I don't know what a pt is...I'm guessing like a group...So...alot of people do solo quests, They just go with henchmen...but then there are those quests that you need help with...and it's hard to find a people that are doing that same quest...so that's normally where a guild comes in...usually most guild members are willing to help, Then the missions...When your first doing a mission, you more and likely can't solo it...you can, but it's best to find a group, Normally in the Mission City, everyone there is doing it, or running it...so it wouldn't be that hard.

Ok, GW and WoW arn't really simalar...WoW has more options...Like quests, professions, speicies, effects, like jumping and stuffs, and a bigger terain. Guild Wars, when your leave a town you bassically enter an instance...noone else can see you there besides who is in your group...to me, WoW wins over that...I nto big on the hole instance out of city thing....but...GW also has a more storyline mission rather then WoW, GW follows this giant epic storyline, and then WoW doesn't. Then the gamming comunity, WoW definatly wins there, they have alot more people. WoW gives you more opportunities to do stuffs, as in skills, Cooking, mining, etc...is not on GW...Then GW is free to play...so yea...Though GW2....from what I read it's supposed to be more like WoW except free, so you should definatly play that when it comes out.

You can jump, Just not the jump like jump over obsticals...it's and emote...you type /jump, and no...aside from stairs you can't climp..though GW2 is supposed to let you climb trees WOOT!

I'm sorry if this isn't much help...I'm in school right now trying to avoid detection from the teacher ...But yea...It should be a little help atleast (unless you already knew this stuffs...lol )
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 11:33   Link #60
kadenza

oh noes i bought factions, playing assasin is hard X_X