AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-31, 19:20   Link #1101
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Episode 8

Enjoyable episode, but extremely cheap. It's an outsourced episode and an obvious one at that. Poor character art and low quality character animation throughout. But the interactions between Ao and Fleur were pretty solid. One thing I really like about this show is how the kids really do behave like kids.

There isn't really that much to talk about other than the character revelations (which really just proves that all mecha pilots have daddy issues :P), but I like how they use stock missions to expand the world. It's nice to see a show that talks about fighting threats internationally to actually travel to very different parts of the world. It's also a nice contrast against the first four episodes, where the series looked like it might really take place all around Okinawa.

Probably the cheapest episode of the series so far, but I got a few laughs out of it and a nice explosion at the end. Hopefully we don't get too many of these episodes production-wise though. :P
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 19:25   Link #1102
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Nyantype scan:
Old 2012-05-31, 21:01   Link #1103
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Norb is not even close to Truth, come on. He didn't have unlimited power that allowed him to manipulate whatever he wants into being whatever he wants.
Norb could shut-off or disrupt other Compac Drives, manipulate Scub Coral and cause it to rise as barriers, and even manipulate Trapar energy to the point of using it as an offensive weapon. We've seen him take down several KLF barehanded while Truth have only took down one IFO. You've also seem to miss the point of the comparison entirely
Quote:
He was a badass monk archetype who failed what the lead heroes had to do while Truth is a walking Mary Sue that is shown to be a practically unstoppable entity the first second he's shown. Norb was only able to manipulate Scub Coral and what was relevant to it.
You are so biased it hurts A top of misusing a term you're citing a character we've barely even scratched the surface of one? And if you wanna play semantics if Truth is so omnipotent why can't he get what he want? Why does he need the help of a little girl?
Quote:
And... I'll get into how different KSE7 confusing and AO's confusing is if the show keeps going on this track but the basic idea here is that KSE7 had simplier and relatable dramas to support all the weighty setting where AO has a bunch of characters I don't give a damn about because the show doesn't want me to.
Bi......I don't have to say it, it's just funny to see you try so hard. That said whether you feel attached to the characters at this point is really your concern and not the show itself, but hey based on your logic KSE7 had all it's character development and plot covered in 8 episodes
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 00:26   Link #1104
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Wow, this episode raised a good number of Fleur flags for Ao there. Wasn't quite expecting that. (we all know Naru is the one who's going to win out though )
Old 2012-06-01, 02:48   Link #1105
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wow, this episode raised a good number of Fleur flags for Ao there. Wasn't quite expecting that. (we all know Naru is the one who's going to win out though )
Yeah didn't expect Fleur and Ao to get that close through this episode. If it had any use it was in building their friendship up. At least while Naru is missing should be interesting to see how close they might end up getting.
Old 2012-06-01, 02:55   Link #1106
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

My only word for episode 8 is silly.

But we did learn some new things:

- Secrets have been around for awhile. As early as 18th century? Either they were extremely infrequent and passive secrets or mankind had really large cannon balls to counter them.
- Fleur is the President's daughter. She hates him. The teen angst in this episode is one of the reasons I named the episode silly. So trite.
- "America the bad-guy" theme continues. I don't care, it's not like the U.S. media doesn't spin and make other countries the bud of jokes, but it really feels out of place in an Eureka 7 sequel. Almost like they've got a quota to fulfill.
- I was really anticipating Ao and Fleur to be pissed at the faked filming, like "I can't believe you toyed with our emotions and made joke of such horror!", especially after all the teen angst, but no.. it was all gags.
- Fancy HDTV in the run-down pub. lol.

velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 05:55   Link #1107
MasterVampire

I wonder why Ao hates his father? (renton??)
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 06:15   Link #1108
seiftis
~defying fate

I've been delaying watching this, up till now. It doesn't feel like the old Eureka7 series at all, which I enjoyed more.

And now we're going by Gmonster-of-the-week stuff?
Old 2012-06-01, 06:25   Link #1109
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for 8:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 06:55   Link #1110
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
poor Renton, his son hates him.....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 07:30   Link #1111
MasterVampire

These secrets / gmonsters where they in the original series?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 08:37   Link #1112
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Well I'm assuming its because he's never been around (far as we know). Wouldn't be surprised for him disliking a father who left his mother to raise him alone in such a discriminating environment.
Old 2012-06-01, 10:05   Link #1113
tsunade666

Does Ao even know who his father is?

Fleur and Ao is a good pairing for me. I will root for them but the damn anime industry is showing NaruxAo already. I will fight the fate! I hate Naru and last ntr episode makes her one of the top most hated heroine/girl for me. Heck the first time I saw her. I know I won't like her

Elena's fantasy is wild. I can't comprehend her thought patter but I like her.

The current nirvash doesn't have that rainbow or colored aura thing doesn't it?
Old 2012-06-01, 10:07   Link #1114
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Elena's fantasy is wild. I can't comprehend her thought patter but I like her.
She doesn't have one cause she's not a real character. Don't be fooled by appearances.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 10:26   Link #1115
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Agent J: My father wasn't there.

Eureka would talk about Nirvash it isn't a stretch she would tell Ao about his wonderful father.

In Ao's perspective if he is so wonderful "Where is he?!".

If that is so it could mean Eureka told young Ao about his siblings, grandpa, great grandpa, and Gecko Skate... If he can remember as he was two years old.

Going by the previous notations of Scub bursts and Secrets/G-Monsters appearances Scub Corals started appearing in the 20th century but Secrets/G-Monsters have been around a lot longer than they.

This furthers the theory Secrets are native or earlier aliens in this universe and they view Scub Coral as intruders/invaders. Setting out to destroy them as they appear.

Oh considering the Gattai joke I'm more of the opinion its an Aquarion reference.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 10:30   Link #1116
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, you know what this episode reminds me of? Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!/Moment and Heart Together Not only do you have synchronized attacks against the Secret, but they were also walking in unison and were mirror images of each other in GHQ. Only difference, it was all backwards in that their syncronization started with the battle, rather than ends with it. XD

Which doesn't bode well for me, as that episode was the single biggest reason why I ship AsukaXShinji (barring dream sequence of course). Dammit, Fleur, why must you be so adorable? Can't bear to hate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I hate to say it, but I told you so. No coincidence that Fleur was shown one of the main sympathizers a couple episodes ago, and the only one shown to welcome Ao into his new home. This episode is only the natural progression from that.

Now if it'll go further than that is the question, as it's equally possible for Fleur and Ao to be interested with each other as them just being the best buddies of the show. I mean, Bones has done it before (like say, Xam'd), so I wouldn't put it past them.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 10:53   Link #1117
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
These secrets / gmonsters where they in the original series?
Nope, there lies the mystery.

Closest thing would be Coralian antibodies. But those look organic. Secrets/G-Monsters are more like Strike Witches Neuroi. More machine like...
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-01, 11:08   Link #1118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I should have known Ao would have daddy issues. It seems you can't be a proper mecha anime protagonist otherwise

Fleur's grudge against her father is very unfair. How can she blame him for saving her? He was faced with an impossible choice, and he did what I believe any father would have done. It would have been even more awful for her mother if she had survived by taking her daughter's life. He did the right choice, or rather, the only one he could make.

It looks like Generation Bleu is not that bad after all. Color me surprised. I didn't think they'd go out of their way to fool America in order to be allowed to intervene.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:11   Link #1119
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Now if it'll go further than that is the question, as it's equally possible for Fleur and Ao to be interested with each other as them just being the best buddies of the show. I mean, Bones has done it before (like say, Xam'd), so I wouldn't put it past them.
With all the thing the OP show. I doubt that. Even if I want to deny it. They are like catering NaruxXxAo on the OP. And that's why I kinda hate the first girl status in anime.
Old 2012-06-01, 11:21   Link #1120
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I should have known Ao would have daddy issues. It seems you can't be a proper mecha anime protagonist otherwise

Fleur's grudge against her father is very unfair. How can she blame him for saving her? He was faced with an impossible choice, and he did what I believe any father would have done. It would have been even more awful for her mother if she had survived by taking her daughter's life. He did the right choice, or rather, the only one he could make.

It looks like Generation Bleu is not that bad after all. Color me surprised. I didn't think they'd go out of their way to fool America in order to be allowed to intervene.
Anger isn't rational and I'm sure Fleur had to deal with survivor's guilt since her living meant another had to die.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen