AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-14, 12:02   Link #201
Zeross

What made me laught the most was Taichi volontering with Inaba body

Goro talk was a bit too long, would have prefered it faster, shorter, but it was nice to have a begining of explanation.

Nice Inaba, go go bring Taichi and Nagase together =D

Edit : was also nice the switch are so random and quick. I thought it would ba a big switch per episode, but a lot of small quick switch is a lot more fun
Old 2012-07-14, 12:11   Link #202
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 2 raised my opinion of this show even higher. Excellent anime episode, deft and complex, with strong characters well voiced. The animation is very good, and the direction and storyboarding sharp and pleasing. It was one of those episodes that just zipped by.

Each episode seems to open up more realms of enjoyment for me. Not that I understand everything that's going on, but even the uncertainty is exciting, and the unemphatic way they are handling this is, paradoxically, quite moving. Terrific voice work by Fujiwara Keiji, to go along with the interesting character design/animation of his character.

This exchange of souls thing may be a known trope, but I think it's an important one that connects with how people are today. We are in close contact by voice and text, and share our universe of music and games and video. In a way, we are living in one shared greater consciousness. Just what does it mean to be a separate individual, anyway? Of course, inter-gender transfer has its own fears and fascinations.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 12:20   Link #203
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow - massive improvement there.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 12:41   Link #204
ookamigirl

This body switching is getting a bit ridicules.
Taichi seems to be in the center of the whole thing, but I just can't figure out why this is happening all the time.
Well, it does get him in some serious troubles with various girls.
Heartseed, a mysterious new entity, offered a explanation of the situation which didn't help much at all.
That whole thing sure gave them something to think about.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 12:42   Link #205
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 2 was amazing. Kaoru pretty much summed it up.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 13:02   Link #206
Blaat

I'm liking this show a lot. The soul switching scenes are so well done, I really want to see more of that.

Also de geso/A girl loaths guys, knows karate and gives mole/C girl a mouthful when mole/C Girl thinks it's okay to be alone at home. I really hope it's not as bad as I think it is.
Old 2012-07-14, 13:03   Link #207
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm liking this show a lot. The soul switching scenes are so well done, I really want to see more of that.

Also de geso/A girl loaths guys, knows karate and gives mole/C girl a mouthful when mole/C Girl thinks it's okay to be alone at home. I really hope it's not as bad as I think it is.
I'm pretty sure it is. Imagine the impact of this kind of phenomenon on a girl in that situation.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 13:32   Link #208
LKK

Quote:
Yeah, I'm getting very worrisome vibes from her male phobia as well. She has something dark in her past, I'd be willing to bet on it.

The thought that someone or something, this "Heartseed", has intentionally created this situation and will let it continue until it's no longer interesting to him/it adds a level of creepiness that I wasn't expecting. On top of that, he/it will be watching them to see their reactions. (Not 24/7 though! He respects their privacy. Yeah. Right. )

I'm impressed with how the animators are staying away from the obvious ecchi opportunities. Did anyone else expect a panty shot during the karate flip? I was pleasantly surprised that we didn't get one.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 14:13   Link #209
Pen3

Yui seems to get along with Tachi just fine despite her male phobia. Next episode preview has them together at night doing something outside.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 14:20   Link #210
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I'll probably need one more episode to be sure, but Kokoro Connect is a mixed bag for me. I like the premise, some of the jokes, and the female characters fine (excluding the gay girl). I can't stand the exposition or the male characters though.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 14:23   Link #211
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Am I suddenly watching Hyouka all of a sudden? . This second episode was substantially better than the first one. I was expecting the series to be about "mucking around" in other people's bodies but no, this second episode is turning into a "light mystery" (hence I felt like I was watching Hyouka for a second) about body changing - what, where, when, why and how it happens.

There were a few bits where I raised an eyebrow (e.g. when they were talking about boob sizes ), but otherwise it was largely fanservice/fratboy free, which I very much appreciated. Some decent bits of comedy here and there and nothing too over-the-topic. Also some hints of drama down the line, including Iori living with a single parent and Yui's phobia with males. I'm impressed. If it wanted to be, this series could have been a full-out fanservice/ecchi series but it decided not to.

Keep it up Kokoro Connect.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 14:38   Link #212
Sakanaka Shouko

Episode 2 was indeed incredible. I wasn't expecting to be this good even though I'm a fan to this series. Now I can say that it's one of the best anime of this year.
Old 2012-07-14, 14:41   Link #213
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm pretty sure it is. Imagine the impact of this kind of phenomenon on a girl in that situation.
You know, at first I thought her reaction to going to the bathroom as a guy was just a joke, but if you're right it is damned creepy.

With the antagonist getting introduced this early, I'm guessing the body-swapping will be a single arc then he'll find new ways to troll them.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 14:44   Link #214
HandofFate

Watched episode 2. Seems a lot of progress was made. The episode seemed to have a lot of mix of heavy and light moments, so its hard grasping the mood at times.

Also still trying to remember everyone's names.

What happened to Inaba's glasses? I thought she had glasses in episode 1, but I may have been mistaken.

Philosophical Iori was an interesting scene. The Iori x "karate" girl was also a good scene showing that each others more private lives they don't tend to share are gonna be more open now.

Not sure if I really like the heartseed spin, the whole some mysterious entity thing is the mastermind of it annoys me.
Old 2012-07-14, 14:59   Link #215
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
What happened to Inaba's glasses? I thought she had glasses in episode 1, but I may have been mistaken.
havent double checked but maybe reading glasses? We havent seen her studying/reading in this epi maybe she was in 1
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 15:02   Link #216
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:

Yeah.... that was a bit of a red flag to me to. Backstory coming in. Hopefully not too bad, seeing as she took up karate in middle school...

Also, I'm liking Taichi a lot more after this episode. Be nice to actually have an enjoyable male instead of just focusing on the girls all the time. Interesting that he's the kind of guy who volunteers when others won't.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 15:15   Link #217
HandofFate

good thing so far the voice acting has been very strong so far, and distinct enough.

Probably half the reason I'm liking it is the voice acting matching the reactions well.
Old 2012-07-14, 15:15   Link #218
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was tremendously better than the first episode. I'm officially sold on this series. The body switching was handled a lot better, a couple characters (including Iori who came across as the most shallow last week) gained appreciable depth, and it was hinted the story might actually get pretty serious. It looks each of the kids have issues they need to resolve. Color me intrigued.
Old 2012-07-14, 15:47   Link #219
Pen3

I think Taichi is going to help Yui out with her phobia problems more than the other characters.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 16:00   Link #220
Sakanaka Shouko

Spoiler for The funniest scene:

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life