AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 107 55.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 24.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 6.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.07%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.07%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.52%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.52%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.59%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-19, 11:26   Link #101
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Um, I thought this is a 10/10 episode, but after watching it, I give it 9/10 instead.

For some reasons, the battle seems boring. I know the missiles spaming is part of the plan, but it's dull to see that almost all the battle are Gundams defending themselves from the missiles. I was imaging a Gundams VS 1000 MSs big scale epic fight, with something like Exia slicing MS apart while getting boomed....
It's called keeping your distance. The same tactic the HRL used against CB during the space battle as well as what the AEU deployed in the first episode against Exia.

They know the gundams are vastly superior to them so the best option is to NOT get too close to them. Especially Exia.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 11:49   Link #102
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Send a message via MSN to angel_wing0
its obvious that the 3 gundams rescued the 4 meisters at the preview...and i m pretty sure its alexandro (sp)'s gundams because its obvious he was the one who asked them to come. He called them "the other observers"
angel_wing0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:00   Link #103
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Graham took Lockon's sniper rifle when he rammed him with his Flag. So even if all the Gundams are rescued, obtaining that rifle would probably give the governments the ability to produce beam weaponry, even if they can't have a Solar Furnace.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:07   Link #104
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
its obvious that the 3 gundams rescued the 4 meisters at the preview...and i m pretty sure its alexandro (sp)'s gundams because its obvious he was the one who asked them to come. He called them "the other observers"
Probably Alexandro discusses with other observers and decide that it's worth to save the Meisters, so they send the Trinity to the rescue.

And about the next episode

Spoiler for Just in case:

Still being sad that the battle in this episode is nowhere near the opening video battle
Old 2008-01-19, 12:10   Link #105
astranagun

Spoiler for Virtue:
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:13   Link #106
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Spoiler:
Old 2008-01-19, 12:14   Link #107
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Still being sad that the battle in this episode is nowhere near the opening video battle
Pessimistic estimate of the ratio in the next episode, considering that the Thrones will seem to have lots of airtime next ep showing off their various capabilities, not to mention the mandatory reactions of the Ace pilots, and finally the fact that the episode itself is called "Trinity", which points to it being a Thrones-centric episode, rather than a mere clip show like in other Gundams.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:28   Link #108
duckroll
綺羅星★!

It won't be a clip show, it'll probably be like the single FMA recap episode with him on the jeep. There'll be like 4-5 minutes of flashback, but the narrative will move forward and most of the episode will be brand new.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:33   Link #109
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
It won't be a clip show, it'll probably be like the single FMA recap episode with him on the jeep. There'll be like 4-5 minutes of flashback, but the narrative will move forward and most of the episode will be brand new.
You'd think that if the episode IS indeed going to be full of content, they'd at least NOT make the magazine spoiler sound like it's a recap... I mean, they DO want people to watch the show, right?
Old 2008-01-19, 12:33   Link #110
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Makes sense to me, considering who's directing 00. And I do hope that's the case, though at this point the fear of 16 being a simple rehash clip show should be put to rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
You'd think that if the episode IS indeed going to be full of content, they'd at least NOT make the magazine spoiler sound like it's one... I mean, they DO want people to watch the show, right?
You do realize magazine spoilers are only piecemeal summaries that only paints the episode in the vaguest and shortest of descriptions? There have been magazine spoilers for other series where the summary events of one episode turn out to occur in the previous or next episode, and some never happen at all (for 00, there's the spoiler of Nadleeh "nimbly dodging" Taozi's shots... when in the actual episode it just stood there and shoots).

While the magazine summary spoilers are nice for hype and keeping speculation and excitement going, it's best not to rely on them too much for predicting the outcome of the actual event.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:44   Link #111
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
While the magazine summary spoilers are nice for hype and keeping speculation and excitement going, it's best not to rely on them too much for predicting the outcome of the actual event.
Right, saying that its a recap episode in a magazine is great for hype and speculation. Great marketing right there.

Actually, I've seen a lot of magazine spoilers in my time in this forum (see join date on left), and if you are right, this would be the first time I see a non-recap advertised as a recap episode in a magazine. So excuse me for being pessimistic.

Anyway, Fukuda wasn't really known for recap episodes before Seed, either. Just throwing that out there.
Old 2008-01-19, 12:47   Link #112
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Spoiler for Throne Zwei:
This is one 'sick' Gundam. Arms attached to shoulder-piece(not the body, totally un-Gundam-like), extremely thin, and uses funnels? Looks as if a fat Tieren could rip that thing to pieces..........if they can get close enough.

This and the other Gundams are as if they were designed by Aliens.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:59   Link #113
hamstar
just passing by

the new thrones dont look as spectacular as they looked in the OP

but regardless of how bad the story was planned the animation was the one of the best if not best ever seen. Those rockets coming at exia were really pretty!

and at the end I loved it when setsuna was like

guuuuuuuuuuunnnnnndddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaam

just cant wait till next saturday
Old 2008-01-19, 13:52   Link #114
Flame-X
Anti-fan

just the way they ended the ep along with the ed song is plain awesome.
Old 2008-01-19, 14:02   Link #115
astranagun

This is one 'sick' Gundam. Arms attached to shoulder-piece(not the body, totally un-Gundam-like), extremely thin, and uses funnels? Looks as if a fat Tieren could rip that thing to pieces..........if they can get close enough.

Well...I think that that () huge sword will have some purpouse in that (...) case...
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 14:33   Link #116
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Probably Alexandro discusses with other observers and decide that it's worth to save the Meisters, so they send the Trinity to the rescue.

i have to agree with what u said entirely...

well its not as one sided i suppose

its a shame that the battle turned to be such one-sided, and why the hell did CB NOT DO ANYTHING to kyrios to prevent what happened to alleujah? i mean hrl made their adj to soma's MS right away and alleujah just sits there and lets it happen time and time again. If alleujah didnt screw up (sumiragi claimed that it's the KEY ms for the plan E2 some reason) when escaping i would say they wouldnt have lost this battle imo. Or maybe not xD this ep is to prove that gundams are not in god-mode
Old 2008-01-19, 14:41   Link #117
angel_wing0
心の番だよ ^o^

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
the new thrones dont look as spectacular as they looked in the OP

but regardless of how bad the story was planned the animation was the one of the best if not best ever seen. Those rockets coming at exia were really pretty!

and at the end I loved it when setsuna was like

guuuuuuuuuuunnnnnndddddddddddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaam

just cant wait till next saturday
probably like light0 said, half recap, half on how the new 3 throne gundams showing the 4 meisters on "this is how u kick ass" xD
Old 2008-01-19, 14:54   Link #118
Selic

Quote:
I just have a theory that all the interventions that the Meisters did in the past episodes are to force a joint military exercise like this episode, where each superpower sends out their best MSs and pilots to capture the Gundams. The Celestial Being anticipate this and send the Thrones, as surprise attack and to wipe out most of the superpowers' MSs all at once. The funnels and the large cannon carried by Throne Eins seem to function as army killer...
That actually sounds very, very plausible.
Selic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 14:58   Link #119
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_wing0 View Post
i have to agree with what u said entirely...

well its not as one sided i suppose

its a shame that the battle turned to be such one-sided, and why the hell did CB NOT DO ANYTHING to kyrios to prevent what happened to alleujah? i mean hrl made their adj to soma's MS right away and alleujah just sits there and lets it happen time and time again. If alleujah didnt screw up (sumiragi claimed that it's the KEY ms for the plan E2 some reason) when escaping i would say they wouldnt have lost this battle imo. Or maybe not xD this ep is to prove that gundams are not in god-mode
The gundams are still rather close to god-mode...but their pilots are very much not. Had this been S Freedom, I Justice, and the Akatsuki (well actually akatsuki's armor wouldn't be much good when the 3 powers don't have beam tech ) then the grunts woulda gotten ohnoes pwnt.

I guess this is the first time we have seen the semi-successful implementation of the grunt pile driver...

"Throw enough grunts at the problem and it'll go away. At the very least, there'll be fewer grunts."

That said, why did Hallelujah decide to recede after he came out?

I can't wait until next week...Neena Neena Neena!
Old 2008-01-19, 15:05   Link #120
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
seems the show is really picking up, but the deux ex at the end of the episode was a bit off, all of 1 episode to introduce the new gundams was a bit too much.
how come CB werent able to detect all the enemies waiting for em, and how come their intel fail so badly.

saji and louise still as useless as usual, and the princess still as dumb as before.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote