AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Old 2004-04-24, 01:38   Link #201
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
I just started reading the manga but it appears that they have cut out the womanising aspect of Dr Becker's character. I think they wanted to keep the anime slightly 'cleaner'

But the anime is quite engrossing at the moment.
Wonder how they're going out of some of the later more sexually explicit scenes, since they're actually kind of important to the story.
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 18:48   Link #202
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

ToTan has just released Episode 3! I'm really, really excited about it, and envious of all those who know what happens
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 21:58   Link #203
duskphoenix
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
See? What did I say? Mr. Computer is creepy.

As for his voice, it was deeper than I expected. I expected it to be deep, but not quite that deep. He's the one character so far that really sounds different from what I imagined when I read the manga. But, upon reflection, I think I'll grow to like it.
I read two people's comments about it before I saw the episode, and I was still surprised by how deep his voice was. I find it a little disconcerting, but I expect I'll get used to it. Also, creepiness .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFire
Wonder how they're going out of some of the later more sexually explicit scenes, since they're actually kind of important to the story.
Spoiler:
duskphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 22:00   Link #204
mirichan

Well... great episode 3...

Still faithfully following the manga chapters (me like a lot)...

But I have one complaint & one question...

[Discussing Totan's version here].

Complaint first: The border around the white font should be darker and thicker. While it looks fine in most of the shots, the subs against pale background (lots of them in hospital scenes... doctors, patients and of course nurses all wearing pale blue-grey or white clothing) are harder to distinguish and I'm watching it on my PC. People running it on their TV screens might find it even harder...

Translation question: Only one sentence had me going WTF...

16:12... And he's so happy just about that?

I know what Dr. Becker is trying to imply... that Tenma is happy about flying a kite and Becker thinks it's very little to be excited about... but the wording was awkward.

For the rest? The episode seemed fine for me... Can't wait to get at episode 4...
Spoiler:
Oh... and I loved Lunge's deep voice. I was afraid he would get a "machine-like" (kinda droning) voice... this is disconcerting at first (although I had read recent posts so I knew about it) but I think I'll like that approach a lot more than a snarkly voice...
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 22:06   Link #205
mirichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskphoenix
Spoiler:
I don't think they'll cut THAT out... it's part of the story.

The fact Dr. Becker is a womanizer? Not so important in the long run so they just took out that reference... Unfortunately, we will probably
Spoiler:
*shiver in horror *
mirichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 00:22   Link #206
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichan

The fact Dr. Becker is a womanizer? Not so important in the long run so they just took out that reference...
Manga spoilers chapter 120+

Spoiler:
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 01:58   Link #207
Spooky-Electric

So what group do you guys like the best for Monster? The translater of the manga over at Mangascreener has been posting his impressions on the forum over there on all the differerent groups subbing Monster and he seems to like Anime-Kraze the best so far.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 02:08   Link #208
stpehen
kisses for all

Well, the groups are starting to fragment now, with some on episode 3 and others still on earlier episodes, so it's hard to compare them overall, but based on the respective first episodes, yes, I like Anime-Kraze and Soldats.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 02:11   Link #209
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
Well, the groups are starting to fragment now, with some on episode 3 and others still on earlier episodes, so it's hard to compare them overall, but based on the respective first episodes, yes, I like Anime-Kraze and Soldats.
I also do like the A-Kraze version but they are wayyyyyyyy to slow and they're still in ep 1
Anyway, one more chapter for the manga and it's over. Waiting patiently for the last chapter.
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 03:39   Link #210
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao Asakura
I also do like the A-Kraze version but they are wayyyyyyyy to slow and they're still in ep 1
Anyway, one more chapter for the manga and it's over. Waiting patiently for the last chapter.
Me too, I stopped at 158 hoping they cleared all the chapters, but only got to 161, and hate waiting like this. Oh well, I can wait as long as it takes.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 09:15   Link #211
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I'm really looking forward to chapter 162 as well. But let's have some patience

Now, for episode 3. Lunge's voice is just... perfect It's creepy, deep and calm; just like he is. He sounds exactly like an experienced inspector, waiting patiently for any proof to appear. But the interesting thing is that I got the feeling that I've heard that voice before... then I searched and discovered that Lunge's voice is done by Tsutomu Isobe; the same seiyuu who did Vincent Volaju in Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' On Heaven's Door (The Movie) and Harry MacDowel in Gungrave. Interesting, ne?
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 09:20   Link #212
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Harry MacDowel i knew it!
Old 2004-04-25, 09:52   Link #213
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

That's great! I knew the voice sounded familiar, of course it was Harry McDowel. I haven't seen the Bebop movie, so I don't know about that character, but that seiyuu is definitely Harry
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 11:39   Link #214
stpehen
kisses for all

I definitely like the voice actor they chose for Lunge. The only problem I have with his voice is that I always thought of it being more crackly. As it is, it's very deep but pure, and I usually invisioned it as having a bit more adams apple texture to it. Oh well, we'll see how it sounds later in the series.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 13:51   Link #215
duskphoenix
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirichan

The fact Dr. Becker is a womanizer? Not so important in the long run so they just took out that reference... Unfortunately, we will probably
Spoiler:
*shiver in horror *
Oh great, way to kill my last hope . I'm inclined to agree, I'd say cutting the Dr. Becker thing had more to do with time constraints than anything else,
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky-Electric
So what group do you guys like the best for Monster? The translater of the manga over at Mangascreener has been posting his impressions on the forum over there on all the differerent groups subbing Monster and he seems to like Anime-Kraze the best so far.
I prefer Anime-Kraze as well, although Totan isn't bad.
Also, I watched the episode again, and I really like Lunge's voice now.
duskphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 14:24   Link #216
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by duskphoenix
I read two people's comments about it before I saw the episode, and I was still surprised by how deep his voice was. I find it a little disconcerting, but I expect I'll get used to it. Also, creepiness .
Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga:
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 14:33   Link #217
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFire
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 17:21   Link #218
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hao Asakura
Is a few days later really that long of a wait? Learn a little patience. I'm happy to see so many people are getting into Monster.. it's just plain amazing
Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 20:49   Link #219
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

about Dr. Becker's womanizing side... it's hinted at episode 3 I guess...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 02:48   Link #220
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

After watching Episode 3, I can't wait to see
Spoiler:
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote