AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-15, 08:49   Link #1581
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Played both SP & MP.
I liked the new skills sets & the balance weights.
The player's movements are still so-so.
Great to see a female Krogan ahah , she looks like an Hokage.

For the MP , well basics Waves. Fun to play.
The infiltrator is OP in this mode. Well , Stealth is OP.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 12:47   Link #1582
Key Board
Carbon

So I've been replaying ME2 in preparation of ME3.
I've finally gotten a hang on using Biotic Charge, but only on average difficulty.

I try out the ME3 demo

Biotic Charge and Shockwave have a 20 second cool down now

OUCH

I'll have to rethink my strategy
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 13:07   Link #1583
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Personally I think it's a good idea to counterbalance skills with weapons, since this game lets Shepard be a combat god with all weapon types, and forces you to make your loadup choices count as opposed to going in with all weapons and all skills at the ready. That would be really OP.

I actually assume that the choice between weapons and powers will be very situational.
To be honest did anyone here actually used more than 1-2 weapons?

I went through ME2 as a Vanguard or Sentinel with just a Shotgun and Sniper or just Assault Rifle. The odd time I used a heavy weapon but really didn't need to.

Quote:
I try out the ME3 demo

OUCH

It's because your playing as a vanguard and you have 4 weapons equipped. The more stuff you carry the larger the penalty.

In any case it means that a soldier would rely less if any on biotics and more on weapons while the adept would just need a pistol and rely heavily on biotics with a cooldown of 1-2 seconds.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 13:18   Link #1584
Aqua Knight

Can't judge game by demo.
The only thing I understood that combat is now more challenging.
Of course some textures look terrible like Shepard casual coat and animation is weird.
Weight system is a good improvement. But I don't like big icons in RPG menu.
Also holstering a gun would also be good.

But it's a demo, so I am disappointed overall.
Old 2012-02-15, 14:13   Link #1585
com_gwp

Was the demo based on an early build? God I hope so, some of those low-res textures really stood out. But otherwise the game generally looked better than ME2. Played better too. Will try multiplayer later.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 15:40   Link #1586
Elestia

Does the PC demo allow you to select your weapon with keybinds? ME 2 had the annoying feature where you had to manually cycle through your weapons interrupting the flow of combat. This provided some frustrating moments when I'm just sitting behind cover trying to get out the best weapon for my situation.
Old 2012-02-15, 16:29   Link #1587
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
So I've been replaying ME2 in preparation of ME3.
I've finally gotten a hang on using Biotic Charge, but only on average difficulty.

I try out the ME3 demo

OUCH

As mentioned several times in this thread already, that 20 second cooldown is a result of that level forcing you to carry 4 weapons, including Assault Rifles and Shotguns, the extra long cooldown being the result of the Weight System implemented. If you want 3 second cooldowns for Charge, you'll need to equip yourself with only the bare minimum of weapons, which you can't do in the SP demo. You can try it out in the MP though, since it uses the same weapon customization system as the final version of the SP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Was the demo based on an early build? God I hope so, some of those low-res textures really stood out. But otherwise the game generally looked better than ME2. Played better too. Will try multiplayer later.
Yes, it's supposed to be based on an early build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Does the PC demo allow you to select your weapon with keybinds? ME 2 had the annoying feature where you had to manually cycle through your weapons interrupting the flow of combat. This provided some frustrating moments when I'm just sitting behind cover trying to get out the best weapon for my situation.
Well they still don't allow you to keybind weapons. However, you can now cycle through weapons using the "X" key, or the mousewheel.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 23:14   Link #1588
Alchemist007
*Author

As far as the graphics go, I heard the textures are half the size of ME2. I also took a comparative screenshot of the graphics options ME2 had that this demo does not.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-02-15, 23:25   Link #1589
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Wait, where can you find the Configuration Utility program for the demo?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-02-15, 23:26   Link #1590
Alchemist007
*Author

program files > origin games > ME3 demo > binaries

My game was already on max everything except anisotropic, so it doesn't make a lick of difference really.
Old 2012-02-16, 04:35   Link #1591
Elestia

Ugh, I really wish they implement some sort of quick cycle. Having to draw and holster each weapon to get to the one I want is frustrating in a firefight.

Also just curious, did anyone try to the new look for FemShepard? Or did you stick to your previous incarnations instead? I gave the new look a good examining, but I can't say I am thrilled about the freckles dotting her face.
Old 2012-02-16, 05:03   Link #1592
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Also just curious, did anyone try to the new look for FemShepard? Or did you stick to your previous incarnations instead? I gave the new look a good examining, but I can't say I am thrilled about the freckles dotting her face.
I was surprised actually. I didn't watch many trailers lately so if they advertised her new look, I didn't see it. All I can say is that it wasn't to my liking and got back to her previous design. Glad to see her voice acting is as awesome as ever though.

Concerning the demo itself, it was good. Atmosphere is the usual ME stuff. Really liked the new update concerning combat gameplay, but using X for both rolling and cover brings some issues from time to time. And the animation movement is... a bit stiff. It's been a while since I played ME2 so I can't say if it's the same, better or worse. The dropping down looks a bit silly, as if the character isn't heavy at all. But all in all, nothing that will make the game less interesting. My favorite Vanguard class got an major update, the Nova. Man what an interesting new power. It will be a major help if two enemies are close to me and I want to pull out from them as soon as possible.

I loved the moment when Wrex was saying to Liara that he really appreciates her involvement in the mission, and then Garrus suddenly coughs as to not forget him too. ^^

P.S. Ashley got a major ''beauty'' implant.
Old 2012-02-16, 05:15   Link #1593
Who

I found it interesting how you can create a character and use that face in ME2. Actually glad about this since I want to play through ME2 once more with different decisions and I don't like the character creation in ME2.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 08:24   Link #1594
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So does anyone know if tali and garrus are both shep romanceable? Personally I hope they just give male shepards a gay option to be fair and leave garrus and tali straight. Mainly because I don't want to hear "Hur hur femshepXtali >>>> maleshep hur hur" which seems enivitable with all the "Hur femshep >>>> maleshep" stuff already.

If the fanbase was more mature I wouldn't care, but its so bad to me that its impossible to ignore them.

On a diffrent subject, Meer seems tto be doing a much better job so far, altho the wheel can ruin anything good. Hopefully it will kill most of the fem>male shep crap.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-02-16 at 09:00.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 09:00   Link #1595
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Definitely otherwise ME2 romance won't make sense.
No matter what i look Ashley she looks like a real bitch even though she's mentally...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-16, 09:46   Link #1596
com_gwp

What you guys playing as on multiplayer? I initially picked vanguard but everyone online seems to be playing as biotics, so I'm switching over to engineer or infiltrator to get a little variety.

I have to say though, while it might not be a necessary addition, the multiplayer co-op is pretty damn fun if you like the action. Also like the booster pack idea of getting new weapons/mods.
Old 2012-02-16, 10:21   Link #1597
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
To be honest did anyone here actually used more than 1-2 weapons?

I went through ME2 as a Vanguard or Sentinel with just a Shotgun and Sniper or just Assault Rifle. The odd time I used a heavy weapon but really didn't need to.

It's because your playing as a vanguard and you have 4 weapons equipped. The more stuff you carry the larger the penalty.

In any case it means that a soldier would rely less if any on biotics and more on weapons while the adept would just need a pistol and rely heavily on biotics with a cooldown of 1-2 seconds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Definitely otherwise ME2 romance won't make sense.
No matter what i look Ashley she looks like a real bitch even though she's mentally...
Definitely what? Lol

And yea, I think Ash's old hair looked better. She looks......weird now.
Old 2012-02-16, 10:22   Link #1598
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
What you guys playing as on multiplayer? I initially picked vanguard but everyone online seems to be playing as biotics, so I'm switching over to engineer or infiltrator to get a little variety.

I have to say though, while it might not be a necessary addition, the multiplayer co-op is pretty damn fun if you like the action. Also like the booster pack idea of getting new weapons/mods.
Well, Biotics are pretty much buffed from ME2 - you can now cast biotics on any defense (though they're still more effective against armor and barriers), and even on Gold challenge (the current hardest difficulty in the MP) most of your enemies are unshielded and unarmored, thus making easy pickings for biotics. Also, creating biotic explosions is now easier than ever: in ME2, you had to cast a biotic ability (like pull or singularity), then use Warp to detonate. Here, you can cast Warp first, then use any other biotic ability to detonate. Hell, even Biotic Charge now activates Warp detonations Finally, if you setup your weapons loadout just right, you can get 2 second cooldowns on your Biotic abilities, allowing you to spam them all you like.

As a result, if you have 2 or more Biotics in a multiplayer session expect to see lots of Warp and Singularity being spammed around like there's no tomorrow. If you think Biotic explosions in SP were epic, try having multiple biotic explosions being cast in a row in MP

Old 2012-02-17, 05:25   Link #1599
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Managed to play some MP today and it's hella fun if pretty much generic. The available play modes are the typical survive/defend modes, but the ME abilities and skills makes fun. I'm assuming that characters are Origin account bound, and maybe they'll carry over to when the game actually gets released.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 11:18   Link #1600
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Managed to play some MP today and it's hella fun if pretty much generic. The available play modes are the typical survive/defend modes, but the ME abilities and skills makes fun. I'm assuming that characters are Origin account bound, and maybe they'll carry over to when the game actually gets released.
Do I ever hope so, but I think it's pretty unlikely. Sigh, after putting a few hours into this, I'm going to have to start my weapon and mods collection from scratch.

Tags
effect, games, mass