AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-10-19, 18:18   Link #21
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaRealist View Post
A lot of you guys are saying the visual novel is better. I did some looking into the visual novel, but I guess I'm weirded out about the fact that it has H Scenes in it with the justification being that characters transmit mana through sex. What the hell? Isn't that an even weirder way to make the characters do out of character things?

I didn't necessarily like the fact that all of the characters in Fate/Zero were prudes, for the most part, who didn't even have implied sex, but this nonetheless rang more true to the characters for me. This makes me wonder if it will ever be possible to make a good aime based off this visual novel that is also honest to the material?
Seconding that the visual novel is better than the anime, though I still watched and somewhat enjoyed the anime. It had a couple nice anime-original scenes, the best one being in episode 14.

I hear you about the H-scenes, this is a strange feature that many japanese visual novels have. Tthe genre was built on R-rated stuff, and it became the standard to the point where many VNs will tack on H-scenes to increase their popularity, even when they don't really seem to fit. The PS2 all-ages version of the VN replaced those scenes with more tame magical rituals. In the end they don't really matter and can be skipped without missing any plot points.

Many fans want to see a new anime of the final F/SN route, because it's the only one that hasn't received any animation so far, because of its ending, and for the grimness that makes it feel much like F/Z at times.
Old 2012-10-20, 03:35   Link #22
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Final Reaction to Fate/Stay Night at Episode 12:

Spoiler:
/looks at earlier post

I did warn you.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 05:10   Link #23
Laniaka

Like Jaden said you can just skip the H scenes by fast-forwarding them.

If you are still bothered by them there is a patch somewhere for the PC version that removes all H scenes.

So don't worry about the H scenes too much, they're only a very minor part of the VN.
Laniaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 16:19   Link #24
dmasterxd

Quote:
Final Reaction to Fate/Stay Night at Episode 12:

Spoiler:
Yeah that's how Saber's SUPPOSED to be. Zero screwed her character all up and then screwed her up again. Plus keep in mind this is based off an eroge so whether you care about it or not it's gonna be there. Also who cares about zero when most of the characters are pricks? Zero is freaking awful and far inferior to FSN which doesn't feel miserably at trying to be dark lol. FSN > zero
dmasterxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 19:46   Link #25
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

You just necroed a 2-year-old thread, you know...

The H-scenes are less than 5% of the content (and can be ommited depending on which translation patch you are using), even the every-day-life cooking scenes have more content.

Also comparing something ufotable produced with something DEEN produced is like comparing the recent Hobbit movies with the soviet Hobbit movie from 1985. But when the new ufotable F/sn starts airing, everyone should notice the difference between those studios.
Old 2014-09-30, 22:33   Link #26
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Also comparing something ufotable produced with something DEEN produced is like comparing the recent Hobbit movies with the soviet Hobbit movie from 1985. But when the new ufotable F/sn starts airing, everyone should notice the difference between those studios.
Actually, I don’t think it matters whether or not we’re talking about DEEN or UFOtable, as dmasterxd already thinks that “Fate/Zero sucks, F/SN awesome!”. If anything, UFOtable’s upcoming F/SN will only encourage his opinion that “Fate/Zero sucks, F/SN awesome!!!” .
Old 2014-10-01, 04:27   Link #27
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Actually, I don’t think it matters whether or not we’re talking about DEEN or UFOtable, as dmasterxd already thinks that “Fate/Zero sucks, F/SN awesome!”. If anything, UFOtable’s upcoming F/SN will only encourage his opinion that “Fate/Zero sucks, F/SN awesome!!!” .
That post was not adressed at dmasterxd since that person probably already read the F/sn VN and read/watched Fate/Zero. Instead I used the opportunity to get at least a few of those people who don't want to watch the new anime, because "the 2006 one sux", back on board.
Old 2014-10-01, 12:00   Link #28
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Oh, I won't be so sure about that. The upcoming Ufotable rendition is going to be Rin's route after all, not Altria's.
Old 2014-10-01, 12:23   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Oh, I won't be so sure about that. The upcoming Ufotable rendition is going to be Rin's route after all, not Altria's.
Well, his problem with Zero is that he thinks most of the characters in it are pricks compared to F/SN (whatever iteration he was talking about). So, I don’t think UBW-route by UFOtable will change his stance on “F/SN superiority” compared to Zero .
Old 2015-12-03, 10:37   Link #30
dmasterxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
You just necroed a 2-year-old thread, you know...

The H-scenes are less than 5% of the content (and can be ommited depending on which translation patch you are using), even the every-day-life cooking scenes have more content.

Yes I already know ufotable's productions are the eqivalent of the 1985 Hobbit movie lol.
Old 2015-12-03, 10:40   Link #31
dmasterxd

Quote:
Yeah this did not happen. UBW is complete garbage just like Zero and the route in the VN. I was told ufotable was a good studio... So no it's just Zero and UBW suck. DEEN FSN, Fate route, and HF route are awesome.

Last edited by dmasterxd; 2015-12-03 at 10:56.
Old 2015-12-03, 11:18   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasterxd View Post

Yeah this did not happen. UBW is complete garbage just like Zero and the route in the VN. I was told ufotable was a good studio... So no it's just Zero and UBW suck. DEEN FSN, Fate route, and HF route are awesome.
So I was right then :
Quote:
So, I don’t think UBW-route by UFOtable will change his stance on “F/SN superiority” compared to Zero .