Old 2012-12-25, 00:42   Link #2121
Acadia

"I'm getting so many dora, it's hilarious!"

I love this show.
Acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 01:55   Link #2122
scr
my sides are in orbit

Awai's voice is completely different from how i imagined her...

^ completely not a shota BL anime.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 03:03   Link #2123
teja208
Critical fanboy

Merry Christmas

Great episode. We learned lots of new things this episode:

Sumire is an archer/sharpshooter etc. whatever, but she needs to work on fixing her tell though.

Yuu was great this episode, thanks to Akado.

Izumi learned the hard way how hopeless she was. With monsterious first years like Awai and Saki on the rampage, she has a long long way to go.

Yoshiko adapted her playstyle quite well suited for this match.

Surprisingly enough, Teru isn't much of a tin women after all at least when she's not playing. She still has a fearsome move install for the final (poor Yuuki will get rape again). Her face is also noticably squishy.

Chiwa Saito does a great job as Awai.

I'm not really into FunaQ's new voice, so is the one who voice the white hair tomboy from Shiraitodal.

Love Hitomi's voice and her way of thinking, when things didn't go you way, blame the corupted politicians. Yeah, it's all their fault.

Third year power-up? Must be because of the last dance. This is their last chance, so they have nothing to loose after all.

Sera's kicking ass like always.

Shiraitodai's tea lady is a freaking walking Yakuman time bomb. Ako is aware of this, but can barely do anything to stop her.

Next time, who will get hit by the Harvest Time?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 09:37   Link #2124
desrtsku
Nympholept

Delicious episode is delicious!!
Ooohh, it killed me when Awai was rubbing her head against Teru's cheek while letting out some weird moan. ... encore!! encore!! I want moar!! I want moar!!!!! Aaahhh!!
Yuu and Ako in action!!
I also liked how they depicted the Shiratodai girl's abilities especially Shibuya's Harvest Time with those growing trees and all. Yakuman FTW!
God knows how much I'm so exited to watch the next episodes, especially the ones with the Shindouji duo and Awai in action! Waiting for a whole month is unbearable! I want it to air tomorrow!![/desrtsku is very satisfied]
Old 2012-12-25, 14:24   Link #2125
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Great episode, I really enjoyed Yuu's match , and also Awai living up to her assumed bizarre personality, definitely great voice choice for her.

Also on Awai
Images
Awai's corner
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 16:54   Link #2126
King-Slayer

Good episode. Yuu's match was pretty cool. Awai's voice and Hiroko's new voice seem to fit to me so i think they're really good choices. Can't wait to see how they do Arata's match.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 22:12   Link #2127
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Also on Awai
Images
Awai's corner
lol. This made my morning.
Old 2012-12-25, 23:10   Link #2128
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

It just so great to see this and Yuu is just so cute
Old 2012-12-26, 05:04   Link #2129
kniteowl

Could some please tell what was the yaku at the 24.46 minute for episode 13.

Because the winner didn't declare riichi, the six bamboo she discarded was discarded normally (not sideways)

Spoiler for Hand:
Old 2012-12-26, 05:30   Link #2130
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Because the winner didn't declare riichi, the six bamboo she discarded was discarded normally (not sideways)

Spoiler for Hand:
Pinfu + Dora 3 (red 5 + both 9-pin).

Hearing Ako so very tense during her game... very sexy. XD
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 05:31   Link #2131
klare

"Awai's corner" is so informative haha

the archery scenes are nicely done but Harvest Time seems to be even better, looking forward to it

i feel Yuu is depicted to be cooler in the manga, especially her scarf that seems to be alive and moving in all directions, i guess not much time/budget for that in the anime...

cant wait for next episode to see the various animated faces of FunaQ
Old 2012-12-26, 06:14   Link #2132
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Pinfu + Dora 3 (red 5 + both 9-pin).

Hearing Ako so very tense during her game... very sexy. XD
Ah yes Pinfu, i always forget about that one, i generally don't play at a high level so i just spam the riichi when I'm in tenpai.
Old 2012-12-26, 10:40   Link #2133
EroKing

Old 2012-12-26, 15:37   Link #2134
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
"Awai's corner" is so informative haha
Since people liked it, I forgot the last one , so sharing it here:
Images
Awai's corner, Shindouji

Also two other nice images to share
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 16:18   Link #2135
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Very good episode, and it was great to simply see more Saki again.

The episode was a bit fast-paced, but I found this made for a good contrast after the Teru finale of this past Summer.

The episode being fast-paced also meant that, in true Saki fashion, they were able to cram in an impressive amount of character and world building here. I don't know if any anime takes as much care in developing every last named character as Saki does. This usually makes me care about each character (at least a little bit), and it always makes the Ski-verse seem more full and rich and immersive.

There are two specific notes I want to make, though - One positive and one a bit critical. Let's do the "bad news" first.

What I found a bit weird here was Harue jumping right into Kuro training the moment Kuro gets back to Team Achiga's room... even while this match is still ongoing! I mean, wow, shouldn't the team be focusing on Yuu's competition now? And then on Ako's competition? Wouldn't you want to save specialized training until the full match is over?

I mean, if I was one of the other members of Team Achiga, I'd probably feel like Harue was giving Kuro preferential treatment compared to the rest of the team, arguably to the point that Harue was neglecting the rest of the team. I could maybe understand this if Kuro was to this team what Gretzky was to the Oilers or what Jordan was to the Bulls, but I didn't think Kuro was that much better than the rest of her team.

Now, as for the positive note, I continue to be very impressed with Teru. What a consummate professional. No bragging, no high-fives, no basking in the afterglow of having totally dominated a match, just pure professionalism. Even giving her opponents extra credit, and continuing to feel concern for Toki. Wow, what a classy professional! And we know it's authentic too, because it's just Teru and her teammates here. It's not like Teru has to be a good sport because she's in front of the cameras, this is presumably the real Teru.

And then Teru gets right into studying the next match, and rapidly figures out the danger that Sumire has caught herself in. Teru is not only her team's top player, she's also a real leader that pays close attention to her teammates.

My only concern with Teru is that she's almost too cool, too smooth. It's honestly hard to believe. Not even a slight smirk over a massive victory. I can't help but feel that the girl could use a bit more pizazz in her life. But still, amazing professionalism.

All in all, a very good episode, and it's great to see more Saki!
Old 2012-12-26, 17:23   Link #2136
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
...the archery scenes are nicely done but Harvest Time seems to be even better, looking forward to it

i feel Yuu is depicted to be cooler in the manga, especially her scarf that seems to be alive and moving in all directions, i guess not much time/budget for that in the anime...
Both of these.

Very!

A great ep ... I am really looking forward to the finale of this round of matches!
Old 2012-12-26, 22:14   Link #2137
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
What I found a bit weird here was Harue jumping right into Kuro training the moment Kuro gets back to Team Achiga's room... even while this match is still ongoing! I mean, wow, shouldn't the team be focusing on Yuu's competition now? And then on Ako's competition? Wouldn't you want to save specialized training until the full match is over?

I mean, if I was one of the other members of Team Achiga, I'd probably feel like Harue was giving Kuro preferential treatment compared to the rest of the team, arguably to the point that Harue was neglecting the rest of the team. I could maybe understand this if Kuro was to this team what Gretzky was to the Oilers or what Jordan was to the Bulls, but I didn't think Kuro was that much better than the rest of her team.
In this case, I thought it to be an understandable thing to do. The thing about Kuro's dora hoarding power is that it stops working for a while the moment she discards a single dora like she did in that last hand against Teru. Thus Kuro, in her current state, cannot gather the dora, which would be a huge handicap in a normal match. As such, her only choice if she wants to survive against Teru a second time is to recover her power (by playing LOTS of games) in the event that they do make it to the finals.

And yes. Teru is the probably among the coolest characters we've had in the series so far. She's a nice contrast to Awai, who seems quite full of herself.
Old 2012-12-26, 23:06   Link #2138
The Green One

Yep, Kuro's need is time sensitive and it would make sense to get started on it. Harue had already advised Yuu about Sumire as the flashback shows so she had already properly prepped Yuu, and as Yuu demonstrated she's more than capable of taking care of herself allowing Harue to focus on the more pressing need.

During Ako's match when she returned to the room during the break she asked Harue about how the match was progressing in regard to Shiratodai player's ability and got the response it was "Just as they thought," indicating Harue is still keeping track of how the match is going while working with Kuro.

So there's no preferential treatment, she's still performing her duties for the rest of the team at the same time as working with Kuro. Multitasking is a wonderful thing.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 01:18   Link #2139
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post

So there's no preferential treatment, she's still performing her duties for the rest of the team at the same time as working with Kuro. Multitasking is a wonderful thing.
Harue must be good @ Starcraft also.

Poor Kuro. She was made to realize how useless she was, after hitting that Baiman.

As for getting Kuro into some mahjong reps. before the Finals -- it's necessary as Harue states. Many call Kuro's power as Dragon Road (Lord). I call it "Dora Magnet", 'cause it works like an electric magnet. Kuro drops a dora; and she loses her charge. Well, to get her dora magnet working again, Harue is simply recharging that magnet.

Although, playing too much mahjong -- it's possible to get "mahjong'd out". Just gotta hope Kuro doesn't fall into that state.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 01:51   Link #2140
The Green One

It's still necessary though as stated, Kuro's performance is vital in determining what position the rest of the girls are fighting from in the finals. Since defeating Teru seems......problematic....Kuro needs to have higher skills for better damage control to give Achiga a fighting chance. Shizu is going to have a hard enough time fighting Awai and Saki at the same time, not to mention whatever fourth seed monster pops up.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri