AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-13, 20:59   Link #361
Yorae_paladin1

Mikasa looks nice now that pic up there needs a sword
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 23:01   Link #362
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I saw that too, her topless body for the anime, her abs are tone down by the animators.
Is it an official artwork?
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 00:57   Link #363
Diveman

I demand a link for topless body mikasa

also, I still can't imagine why Titans eat humans. They should hurry up and explain already lol
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 01:45   Link #364
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Maybe you guys saw this one already, but this is the one I am referring too.

Old 2013-04-14, 02:07   Link #365
saurers123

Quote:

That's an omake for volume 9 right? XDDD. This was a joke. I'm pretty sure of it XDDDD
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 05:38   Link #366
Tranhieu

Quote:

Mikarin? what the heck lol
Old 2013-04-14, 06:06   Link #367
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurers123 View Post
That's an omake for volume 9 right? XDDD. This was a joke. I'm pretty sure of it XDDDD
Well, Mikasa wouldn't wear this type of clothes that's for sure
Old 2013-04-14, 08:51   Link #368
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Well, Mikasa wouldn't wear this type of clothes that's for sure
It's so serious looking that it's hilarious.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 15:06   Link #369
saurers123

Quote:
Regarding the giant calling, when will Annie make a comeback? Any predictions on how or she will die slowly being torture for information?
I doubt Annie is going to come back in present time anymore. At best, we'll probably get just flashbacks of her. Volume 9 and 10's back cover pretty much confirmed that she's as good as dead as Marco is. I think.

EDIT:
Most probably, this is the case. But there was no X mark on her character pictures in both volumes. She might come back(I highly doubt it)...But most likely anyway, she'd be tortured like you said and end up dead if she ever comes back(Which I don't want to see as she's one of my fav characters T-T). I feel everyone would die in this manga though. T-T

Last edited by saurers123; 2013-04-14 at 22:16.
saurers123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-14, 21:39   Link #370
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Great Series. The only thing l don't like is how Eren under appreciates Mikasa. l think their will come a point where it will be too late for him to realize how great she is. Which is a shame. hopefully l'm overthinking things too much but l can see Mikasa dying for Eren in the end.
Old 2013-04-14, 23:40   Link #371
MarkS00N

Just get to read the whole thing yesterday and I somehow come with this conclusion that there are 3 types of Titan:
1) The Original Titan (The Ape Titan)
They (assume the Ape Titan represent a whole breed of this type) are intelligent (indicate by their ability to talk, strategize, and learn - or at least curiosity), never comes near the wall or at least never met human from inside the wall (from the fact that the Ape Titan is new to 3DGM), and possibly the reason for human turn into Regular Titan (as the villagers from villages that the Titan visited seem to turn in to Titans).
Ymir is possible candidate for the fact that her Titan form is very different than any Human Titan like Eren, Annie, etc also from the fact that she is worshiped by at least a Titan.

2) The Regular Titan
The most common type of Titan. It appears these Titans are originally humans, but I think there are two origin: "Man-Made substance" and interference of Original Titan.
For now the difference of the two come from the fact that the recent Titans have several differences in physical appearance and behavior than previous Titan, such as big eyes for some smaller one, seemingly aggression to other Titan for at least two Titans, and the fact that some don't smile when they attack - something that previous Titan show.
Probably a stretch, but this might be proof that the recent Titan is 100% caused by Original Titan instead of "Man Cause" (In "" because we don't yet know whether the cause is human's interferences or just these other Titans come from different sub-type or races of Original Titan).
I doubt this type of Titan is capable of changing human into Titan for the fact that many human remains left behind in Trost District without any of them turn into Titan, except Eren though it seems he is special.

3) Human Titan (Eren, Annie, Ryner, and Bertholdt)
Main focus for the manga for now. It is pretty clear about them though with some mystery remains. It is possible that Annie, Ryner, and Bertholdt are used as weapon for certain faction within human territory which reason is still unclear (I have a speculation for this but I'll explain it later).

So about speculation:
Spoiler for Ymir:

Spoiler for Ryner-Bertholdt experience with Ymir:

Spoiler for Faction Annie, Ryner, and Bertholdt belong to:

I myself find the Ape Titan to be interesting as it show us that there is no use for the wall, as it can just climb it and trespass it, something that always bugging me from the first chapter.
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:56   Link #372
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post

So about speculation:
Spoiler for Ymir:
Interesting, and now that you mention about Ymir:

Spoiler for I just remembered in chapter 9.5:
Old 2013-04-15, 04:56   Link #373
FateAnomaly

What if Eren was right all along? They actually were cattle and the wall is actually made to herd them.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:07   Link #374
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
What if Eren was right all along? They actually were cattle and the wall is actually made to herd them.
Except the titans don't need to eat to survive.

Having now read the manga,the twist that got to me the most is that the titans themselves have something to do with the creation of the wall,I can't even begin to speculate on how the hell that happened.
Not to mention the folks in the inner city think they're safe behind walls when in fact they're surrounded by titans who could have destroyed everything at any time but for some reason havn't.

Last edited by totoum; 2013-04-15 at 05:20.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:48   Link #375
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

My theory about Titan:

About around 100 years ago, some empire begin mutanation project that can turn human to titan (super soldier) to destroy enemy force. And the Walls were built for testing ground the power between Titan and normal Human. That why there are many old Colossal Titans inside the Wall Sina.

First experiments are monkeys, and maybe other animals.

First human experiments may be include Ymir, that why she can read the old characters on a canned food while other people like Ryner can't read it (it's mean those character become dead language in the Wall due the time). But due many reasons of failure, Ymir was discarded to the wild of simply let rampage in testing ground, and she got famous among titans even in human form and with normal titan's stupidlity (a titan mistaken Ilse as Ymir). So Ymir must very old. And after around in the wild, Ymir got boring and want to go to inside the Wall to seek a new life.

Annie, Ryner, Bertholdt are newer and younger generation of titans experiment with special traits and stronger than Ymir, and of course, they don't know about Ymir and Hairy Titan. They were send to the Wall to test how strong of them against the massive wall and the human force in the Wall.

Final, Eren is the newest generation of titan, there are 2 situation:
1. Eren is decided to rise among human under under care of Dr Jaeger, and Jaeger insert to Eren's body some kind of drugs for some purpose, which we don't know yet, may be for hold the titan-transform power without his will.
2. Dr Jaeger feel guilty, he and Karla kidnap Eren from the project labs, and rise him among human as normal child, his drug for hold titan-transform power to avoid trouble his life.

Last edited by Panzerklein; 2013-04-15 at 07:28.
Panzerklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:34   Link #376
MarkS00N

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I doubt that's the case because the Titan doesn't need to eat human as totoum said...

Spoiler for Unless:

Spoiler for Or:

============

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
My theory about Titan:

About around 100 years ago, some empire begin mutanation project that can turn human to titan (super soldier) to destroy enemy force. And the Walls were built for testing ground the power between Titan and normal Human. That why there are many old Colossal Titans inside the Wall Sina.

First experiments are monkeys, and maybe other animals.

First human experiments may be include Ymir, that why she can read the old characters on a canned food while other people like Ryner can't read it (it's mean those character become dead language in the Wall due the time). But due many reasons of failure, Ymir was discarded to the wild of simply let rampage in testing ground, and she got famous among titans even in human form and with normal titan's stupidlity (a titan mistaken Ilse as Ymir). So Ymir must very old. And after around in the wild, Ymir got boring and want to go to inside the Wall to seek a new life.

Annie, Ryner, Bertholdt are newer and younger generation of titans experiment with special traits and stronger than Ymir, and of course, they don't know about Ymir and Hairy Titan. They were send to the Wall to test how strong of them against the massive wall and the human force in the Wall.
I have different theory:

Spoiler for Theory:

Well, that's just my theory.
MarkS00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 08:10   Link #377
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

If they usually live underground, their eyes mostly blind, because they don't need eyes to see. And their body is extreme weak in contact with sunlight because their body don't need to build to against sunlight (natural mutation like African got skin cancer less than European becuase sunlight in Africa is stronger than Europe). But the important you forgot, Titans need sunlight for their energy and running out energy to cool out in the night or no sunlight contact them like machines (except Hairy Titan). Its is mean, they're not underground race for sure (especially, Hairy Titan with limbs for climbing not crawing under dark), they're more like B.O.W (Bio Organic Weapon).

I can pretty sure that titans are actually experiments weapons with first animal testing like most of humanity's project. Russian send dog and monkey to the space before send human; or many drug projects need test on mouse, monkey before test on human.
Old 2013-04-15, 08:31   Link #378
dark44

why they obssesed with bring eren back with them
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 11:17   Link #379
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS00N View Post
I doubt that's the case because the Titan doesn't need to eat human as totoum said...

Spoiler for Unless:

Spoiler for Or:

============

I have different theory:

Spoiler for Theory:

Well, that's just my theory.
The wall worked because the ape titans that can simply climb it were originally far away the ape just wondered there for the first time in over a 100 years. Since he had no clue about the 3d gear he must have been far away since scouts go out side and since there is even a castle outside. His intelligence is scary the way you pointed out how hes systematically kill anyone who saw him. To come up with such a plan just by scouting a area for fun is truly scary.Calling him a scout is a understatement he is more like a assassin. How do you even fight him he has more mobility than the people using 3d gear and other titans he can simply jump up to a high place and stone you to death. Meeh they will figure something out the intelligence level in this manga is pretty high thats what I came to post about.

Erin useing a armbar on the titan was just epic I was exspecting brainless violence when he became a titan not calculated timed moves 0-o. The girl breaking down the titan took off armor in a small area the titan taking the armor off,Eren countering the takedown with a triangle choke. The titan calling for help...the fights here are like one giant chess match. The titan group of Annie, Ryner, and Bertholdt must have a shit ton of true war experience because they have been matching battle hardened scouts move for move.
Makes you wonder who they have been fighting... Must be some kinda war outside every major titan we have seen even ymir shows high level combat tactics. There would be no need for this if they were just hunting humans.

Annie's fighting style furthers this point why is a 17 foot titan using a defensive fighting style. Even in her titan form she was all defense let her enemy attack counter when they make a mistake or under estimate her out smart her enemy,killing a potential strategist first with her 3d gear before the war even started

Ryner calling himself a warrior and getting pissed at eren,Sounds like a reaction from some one surviving a loosing fight.

Also they are much to skilled in their titan forms to have not been born that way and trained by other human/titans eren tho not as smart as misaka is a combat prodigy only reason he is fighting so skilled as a titan some one slightly less skilled than him would be dead by now even as a titan.

Actually the fact the ape titan is close means what ever faction he is in is winning and beating the other faction badly thus shrinking the other factions territory. Ape titan fights armored and giant titans,titans are getting their ass kicked. Titans make wall to train humans to help them fight with them when the time comes. Eren is their ace in the hole. Giant and armored titans are loosing badly need erens dad break wall down he leaves. Now they need some one there but don't know who. They figure out threw scouting under cover its eren they need him even more now that the ape titans have completely took most of the territory they own.

When you really think about it titans smaller than 17 feet are even of less worth than a human with 3d gear. So even if all humans turned into titans they would just get beat even worse ideally they need 17 foot titans. Not giant ones they are to big of a target and not small ones they are worse than a skilled human with 3d gear. As we learned with the scouts 3d gear requires elevation so is only good for defense.Not going outside and fighting enemies who location you do not know who can surprise attack you. So man this war sounds bad the ape titans have the number,Location,And knowledge advantage. You can't even use gorilla warfare because you don't know where the enemy is. And you can't surrender. Well erens dad better have a freaking nuke or virus in that basement because if not everyone is anal fucked period you cant win a war with that many disadvantages I mean even gorilla warfare is out of the question.

And to have this much domination...The titans truely must have been weapons and not so much brainless zombies. Mankind used to have weapons that could shoot a titans head off in one shot and be decently aimed,They had a numbers advantage,positioning advantage.So the original titans must have outsmarted them,Turned humans into titans as they advanced, And forced them back.

Its to bad the humans did not go underground that would have been the perfect solution if I was a battle technician when the titans first attacked...or now in the current timeline for that matter it is exactly what I would do. The titans are to big and dumb to get there,We can expand are battle territory,hit and run. Have perfect cover,We can attack them but they cannot attack us. You can scout the enemy and have a place to run to,This would have lead people to discover titans cannot attack at night or in the dark for long 100s of years ago... It is so smart it is stupid why is no one doing this.Why are they not doing it now I have been siting here tryna brainstorm a way to beat the titan faction with all the advantages they have and that is simple. Meeh well maybe people just were not that smart back then after all trench warfare was made not even a 100 years ago even I didn't get the point of it till now when I realized how similar it was to my idea.

And screw cannons and swords if explosives can kill them why are we not useing flaming catapults this would set fire to there neck keeping them from healing and killing them...Meeh mangas likes this just don't work because you have to stupifiy humans.Humans are at the top of the food chain not because we are the strongest but because we are the smartest long ago any animal that attempted to put us in its food chain was killed and then hunted.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-04-15 at 12:11.
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 12:32   Link #380
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

So thanks to the anime I've been reading the manga all over again...and after knowing what we know now and reading this page

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

all I could think was "Dude, Reiner...you're a dick."
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote