AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-02-23, 20:44   Link #1021
GDB

Really good episode. Good to see them finally use Watermelon again, and show that it's actually stronger than the Energy Seeds, just unable to endure as long. Wonder if it's possible to put lemon energy armor on it...
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 19:20   Link #1022
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Gaim’s Kachidoki Arms!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 20:03   Link #1023
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Kaito got 2 Dandeliners. Will he give one to Kota later on?

And the Evil Without Reason or Purpose. How would it looks like?
Old 2014-02-26, 22:03   Link #1024
GDB

Good lord that Kachidoki Arms form looks hideous. I'll reserve final judgement until I see it in the show itself, but ugh.
Old 2014-02-27, 10:45   Link #1025
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think it looks too bad. In fact, I kind of dig the samurai-ish look. We've seen much worse in the show.
Old 2014-02-27, 13:03   Link #1026
GDB

My main issue is that it just feels like it's too much. Like they had these ideas for another 3 or so outfits, didn't have any more to apply them to, so decided to toss them together in a blender.
Old 2014-02-27, 13:04   Link #1027
Shyni

What are the odds that they still won't show the audience whatever big secret it is with Helheim, even after Kouta sees it? Kinda wondering if they're gonna troll the audience with that.

Also, new villain or something.

Spoiler for thing shown in a picture there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Double was my best originally, but Gaim beats everything flat. Even though it FEELS like a Holy Grail War, I like that it even DOES.

The following point is personal from perspective: I like how little nuggets Gen sneaked into Gaim of his previous works, like the Grief Seed, the Holy Grail War format, and I habor a sinister thought that Helheim Mai might be a Saya no Uta in the making.
Grief Seed? If you mean the Helheim fruits, I'd say they're more like those nut things from the Kazumi Magica spinoff. And the "war" thing is confirmed to be inspired by Ryuki, ("I did kind of want every Rider to get along, but I decided not to. It’s because I love Kamen Rider Ryuki.") not the Fate franchise. Even in the context of Fate, I'm pretty sure the war format wasn't Urobuchi's idea anyway, considering Fate/stay Night came first.

Last edited by Shyni; 2014-02-27 at 13:24.
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 00:33   Link #1028
Frontier

I actually think Kachidoki looks awesome, and I think all its armaments are part of its appeal. Gaim looks armed to the teeth .

And considering how, even with Jimber Arms, Gaim doesn't stand a chance against any of the Energy Riders, he's going to need all the power he can get .

If this is just the mid-season upgrade, then I can't wait to see how the creative team tops it with Gaim's Ultimate/Final form .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-02-28 at 01:13.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 17:52   Link #1029
Galaxian

There is a magazine scan that has a silhouette of what appears to be Gaim's final form (t also had a silhouette for Kachidoki) and... I don't like the silhouette...

As for Kachidoki, I absolutely love it, I wish it was a final form.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 17:59   Link #1030
GDB

I didn't see a new silhouette one (and I doubt we'd be getting teased for a final form so soon), but I did see the one that showed what looks like an upgraded form for everyone. Or at least some sort of weird mixed forms.

Spoiler for Possible spoilers:
Old 2014-03-03, 06:00   Link #1031
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Now we know what Micchi saw that completely changed his mind...seems like it's only gonna get darker from here.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-03-03, 06:51   Link #1032
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I really liked what Takatora said. I even quoted it in my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
Spoiler:
That's a really nice twist. But I think Kaito is fulfilling the role of an angsty, tragic anti-hero here.
And my hunch is correct. Factionalism exists within Yggdrasil.

I'm really loving this series. The alliances are getting very fluid, just like the Sengoku Jidai.

Last edited by Rokumonsen; 2014-03-03 at 07:02.
Rokumonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 09:34   Link #1033
Jimmy C

I note one thing this episode: Kouta did not ask why did Yggdrassil create the driver technology if all they were concerned about was the plant invasion? Flames can handle the plants and military-grade hardware can deal with the Invess. You don't need Armored Riders for them.
The driver is about harnessing the power of the Forest. The true reason they want to keep the invasion under wraps is because they want to claim that power before letting anyone else know about it.
Maybe there will be something in 21 about that.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 09:35   Link #1034
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
The driver is about harnessing the power of the Forest. The true reason they want to keep the invasion under wraps is because they want to claim that power before letting anyone else know about it.
Yep. If he weren't in shock about what he saw, I'm sure he'd have asked. Especially since DJ Sagara left him and Kaito with that cryptic message about "who will Helheim choose?"
Old 2014-03-03, 13:32   Link #1035
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The big reveal was a bit meh. It would have had more impact if the destroyed city was an alternate Zawame.

Kaito turning into an antagonist (apparently) was an interesting twist. I didn't expect him to react this way.
Old 2014-03-03, 14:00   Link #1036
Jimmy C

As I speculated, that was actually a decoy reveal. Show him something serious enough that he believes them, rather than digging deeper into the secrets of the forest.
And while we're at it, which side do you think Takatora is really on? Protecting people or harnessing the power of the forest? We know he knows about "who will Helheim choose?"
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 21:00   Link #1037
Galaxian

To me, more surprisingly than Kaito's apparent heel turn is the fact that Takatora really seems to be in it for the greater good, unlike the other Genesis Riders.

I do wonder where Sagara falls in all of this. Personally, I want him to be good because I want him to be the new Kougami.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 11:51   Link #1038
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
As I speculated, that was actually a decoy reveal. Show him something serious enough that he believes them, rather than digging deeper into the secrets of the forest.
And while we're at it, which side do you think Takatora is really on? Protecting people or harnessing the power of the forest? We know he knows about "who will Helheim choose?"
I think Takatora really believes in what he told Kouta. He wants to protect the world, and he's going to get screwed over hard by the other Genesis riders. Might even get killed.
Old 2014-03-04, 12:22   Link #1039
Vahanar
Disabled By Request

So can someone tell me how good Gaim is atm? I still have to finish Wizard, and I don't have a strength to do that. After Yugo's incident everything there started to bore me.
Vahanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 12:48   Link #1040
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanar View Post
So can someone tell me how good Gaim is atm? I still have to finish Wizard, and I don't have a strength to do that. After Yugo's incident everything there started to bore me.
Drop Wizard and Jump to Gaim. Wizard is terrible and Gaim is amazing.
Se7enSword is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu