AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-01, 21:37   Link #21
AdventSleeper

Wait there's a chapter 541 this week? I thought Jump was on break or something?
Old 2009-05-01, 21:44   Link #22
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIaNeRd View Post
Wait there's a chapter 541 this week? I thought Jump was on break or something?

Right now there's only a spoiler out, but sometimes chapters DO leak out early during holidays (this especially applies for Christmas time). Therefore, we'll probably get the full chapter early next week or something.....
Old 2009-05-01, 21:57   Link #23
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, I agree with the AP community in thinking that Shiryuu resembles M.Bison from the Street Fighter series. It would be so awesome if he actualy has the catchphrase of "Yes...... YES!"

Oh, and "This is delicious!" would suffice, as well.
Are these quotes you're referring to from that cheesy US Street Fighter 2 television series? That was a horrible show since it made a mockery out of every character.

If Shiryuu does have some M. Bison quotes, they should be "Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed." and "Get Lost. You can't compare with my powers." These are from the Street Fighter 2 games, in case you're wondering.
Old 2009-05-01, 22:01   Link #24
andy

This chapter was great , we have to wait a long time now before we get more Spoilers.
Old 2009-05-01, 22:35   Link #25
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
If Shiryuu does have some M. Bison quotes, they should be "Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed." and "Get Lost. You can't compare with my powers." These are from the Street Fighter 2 games, in case you're wondering.
haha thats the one I was trying to remember, its some catch phrase

lets hope he has the cape to finish off the look
Old 2009-05-01, 23:01   Link #26
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Are these quotes you're referring to from that cheesy US Street Fighter 2 television series? That was a horrible show since it made a mockery out of every character.

But.... the fact that the show was so awful is what made it so awesome! The two quotes I listed are pretty much legendary in their own right!

Also, I fully expect to see the line "You must defeat Sheng Long Shiryuu to stand a chance" used at some point.
Old 2009-05-02, 00:12   Link #27
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

JINBEI is not a DF user??!! good grief...

yea the new age era pirates seems tend to be a DF user maybe it beacuse the DF tree only produce DF in some years...just like the Gomu Gomu tree that grew once every 50 years..
and if the tree grew in sam time that would be the case...
Old 2009-05-02, 03:49   Link #28
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Also, I agree with the AP community in thinking that Shiryuu resembles M.Bison from the Street Fighter series. It would be so awesome if he actualy has the catchphrase of "Yes...... YES!"
To the Vega/M.Bison discussion, this is what I posted in AP.

Quote:
Guys, Vega (M.Bison) is a parody of Majin Kato from Teito Monogatari (帝都物語), a novel series from the mid 80s to begin with.

The novel was so popular, there were multiple manga adaptations, three live action movies, and even an anime OVA series.
Any similarity to Vega/M.Bison should be considered possible homage to Teito Monogatari, especially considering Oda's fondness of making homages to classic films and series.
Remember Borsalino? Aokiji? Heck, the current arc's Ivankov?
Old 2009-05-02, 04:06   Link #29
james0246

^The anime is Doomed Megalopolis (in America) right? I seem to recall the anime being fairly badass (especially the evil Onmyoji villain...whom I guess is the Majin Kato you have mentioned) even if it was ultimately campy to the extreme.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
Old 2009-05-02, 05:25   Link #30
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
To the Vega/M.Bison discussion, this is what I posted in AP.
I now have to venture out to my movie store to check out this anime
Old 2009-05-02, 10:51   Link #31
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Would that really be a problem?
Since he is a fishman, he can breathe under water. So even if he won't be able to swim anymore, he can at least walk along the ground to the next island. At least unless he get's completely drained of his strength, like it could be seen with Luffy for some time.

Come to think of it: Has Luffy ever drowned into the sea (ignoring the occasion at Arlong Park, where he had the Rock at the feet). After all he is made of Rubber, and Rubber should swim on top.
I think once a person with a DF touch water they basiclly turn into a hammer weight and drown
Old 2009-05-02, 11:07   Link #32
game2007

Right, DF users are basically worn out and paralyzed if they fall into the sea.
Old 2009-05-02, 11:08   Link #33
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

its not touching the water, but get in to the water what makes them lose their strenght...

Oda stated in SBS that Devil Fruit users are susceptible to all types of water, not just seawater. He elaborated on this, saying that "moving" water, like rain or waves, does not weaken Devil Fruit users, while standing water does..

Luffy get wet in the flying fish rider battle and yet he still able to stand firm..
califa was half in the water but yet she still fight nami properly... although, as stated by Nami, this had effectively cut her strength in half while in the water...
Old 2009-05-02, 12:38   Link #34
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Spoiler: Luffy, Crocodile and Jinbei destroy all in their path.* Ivankov tells his merry men that the time has finally come to attack.** And Buggy and Mr. 3 lead a full scale revolt on Level 2.***
*It's good to see Jinbei in action even if he doesn't have DF powers.
**I wonder how that'll turn out?
***Maybe Sadie and the remaining beast gaurds would try to resolve things on level 2 only to be pummeled shortly

Quote:
Oh yeah, and Shiryuu is introduced finally...
Perhaps we could see a picture of him?

Quote:
^The anime is Doomed Megalopolis (in America) right? I seem to recall the anime being fairly badass (especially the evil Onmyoji villain...whom I guess is the Majin Kato you have mentioned) even if it was ultimately campy to the extreme.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
"Doomed Megalopolis", I recall my brother bought a DVD set of that title. There are certain things I'd like to talk about it:

First off, Yasunori Kato was definitely evil in his conquest to conquer Tokyo. One thing that is considered disturbingly ironic is that one of the gaurdians of Tokyo was wanting to destroy the daughter of Yukari Tatsumiya, Yukiko, because he thinks Yukiko is also the daughter of Kato who destroys that particular gaurdian via decemating him into blood. As it turns out Yukiko is actually the daughter of Yukari's brother, Youichi who expresses his love for her through a blatant act of incest. That was something Yukari's Husband was not happy about as his chance of having offspring of his own was destroyed. I felt bad for him as that hubby took his anger out on Youichi. As to that gaurdian (wherever his spirit/soul may be; possibly sent to hell as Kato's prisoner), I bet he'll be laughed at by shadowy creatures resembling grinning monkeys with "eyes of the sith" for jumping to such a stupid conclusion.
Old 2009-05-02, 13:19   Link #35
Prestige

Oh My God...so god damn awesome chapter!!

I am almost shaking of excitment! It will be SO hard to wait for full release.
Old 2009-05-02, 19:24   Link #36
marvelB

Kind of off-topic, but the 11th Log came out recently (the Logs are basically huge collections of past chapters in magazine format, for those that don't know), and according to Greg from AP, there was a power ranking chart for recently introduced characters. The characters' strength is ranked from 1-10, and surprisingly..... Vegapunk is listed on there. Even more surprisingly, his power rank is 9. Looks like he may not be some weak little poindexter after all.......
Old 2009-05-02, 19:47   Link #37
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Kind of off-topic, but the 11th Log came out recently (the Logs are basically huge collections of past chapters in magazine format, for those that don't know), and according to Greg from AP, there was a power ranking chart for recently introduced characters. The characters' strength is ranked from 1-10, and surprisingly..... Vegapunk is listed on there. Even more surprisingly, his power rank is 9. Looks like he may not be some weak little poindexter after all.......
haha well I've had my fill of weak poindexters to last a life time I'm glad Vegapunk will be slighty different from the norm but then again this is OP and I would think he would be different from what one would usually think of anyway.

hope we actually get to see him soon enough
Old 2009-05-02, 20:00   Link #38
marvelB

Aaannd..... here's the pic for confirmation:

Spoiler:

Notice that Kuma's power is ALSO 9 out of 10. His clones, meanwhile, are only 7 out of 10. The only characters who fill out then whole bar are the 3 admirals, but that's really no surprise, there.....
Old 2009-05-02, 20:17   Link #39
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
haha well I've had my fill of weak poindexters to last a life time I'm glad Vegapunk will be slighty different from the norm but then again this is OP and I would think he would be different from what one would usually think of anyway.

hope we actually get to see him soon enough
That makes me wonder if Vegapunk would look similar to Primacron of the original Transformers series. Primacron was quite the runty megalomaniac.
Old 2009-05-02, 20:35   Link #40
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So is there like a ship that's just waiting for everyone on the surface? Yeah sure get your whole army and stuff....but what's the use if theres no ship?

Or are they jsut gonna hijack a marine battleship?