AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-02, 20:46   Link #41
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Or are they jsut gonna hijack a marine battleship?

I'm pretty sure that was the plan. Remember, aside from the ships that the VAs arrived in, there were about a dozen other battleships guarding the prison, as well. It would be a lot easier for the escapees to take one of those ships, since it's less likely that any troublesome VAs would be on board.....
Old 2009-05-02, 21:46   Link #42
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Aaannd..... here's the pic for confirmation:
marvel, it doesn't say "power" level on there.
It says "threat" level.

That's why Dr. Vegapunk is 9 also.
Old 2009-05-02, 22:24   Link #43
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It says "threat" level.

Ah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. But I doubt this will stop people from believing that Vegapunk is a powerhouse anyhow.....
Old 2009-05-02, 22:31   Link #44
Rainbowman

Anyone care to reply to this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
"Doomed Megalopolis", I recall my brother bought a DVD set of that title. There are certain things I'd like to talk about it:

First off, Yasunori Kato was definitely evil in his conquest to conquer Tokyo. One thing that is considered disturbingly ironic is that one of the gaurdians of Tokyo was wanting to destroy the daughter of Yukari Tatsumiya, Yukiko, because he thinks Yukiko is also the daughter of Kato who destroys that particular gaurdian via decemating him into blood. As it turns out Yukiko is actually the daughter of Yukari's brother, Youichi who expresses his love for her through a blatant act of incest. That was something Yukari's Husband was not happy about as his chance of having offspring of his own was destroyed. I felt bad for him as that hubby took his anger out on Youichi. As to that gaurdian (wherever his spirit/soul may be; possibly sent to hell as Kato's prisoner), I bet he'll be laughed at by shadowy creatures resembling grinning monkeys with "eyes of the sith" for jumping to such a stupid conclusion.
and this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
That makes me wonder if Vegapunk would look similar to Primacron of the original Transformers series. Primacron was quite the runty megalomaniac.
Old 2009-05-02, 22:41   Link #45
junte86

hmm this threat level is suprising although I can see why Admirals are 10 with their logia powers they can trully show a total destruction Aokiji freezing sea and Kizaru's light power at max is just so powerfull although I doubt Kuma will go down if its 1 on 1 with admiral his power is just awesome. anyway
Vegapunk only being 9 is little suprising since he is said to have advanced technology and with that he could probably do things that even logia users cant do... well I guess he need FUNDING for the government to do anything so that why he might be 9 lol
Old 2009-05-02, 23:17   Link #46
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It says "threat" level.

Thanks for that info.

I'm quite sure the fans knew the threat level would be high.
The obvious is really unnecessary...
Old 2009-05-03, 05:59   Link #47
syler321

i dont think the shibubukai ranks go up,they are knows was the warlords and everybody knows that they have very high bounties and that they are very strong,(some at the power level of admirals)

and the supernovas are still just rookies,and from the top 3,kiff,law and luffy im pretty sure luffy bounty is gonna be the higher after impledown arc,i think luffy is on a hole diffrent level from the other supernovas,i mean they are probably strong,but not as luffy and none of them did the road that luffy did,beating 2 shibubukais,skypia,cp9 arc with rob lucci and now impledown...
Old 2009-05-03, 06:42   Link #48
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, this "threat level" meter is basically a substitute for bounties.
Bounties are measure of the pirate's "threat" against the WG.
But since WG Marine officers obviously don't have bounties, this article used "threat level" to do the same.

Supernovas don't need to be shown in this meter, since... well, they already got bounties.
Old 2009-05-03, 18:21   Link #49
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
What about the values for the supernovas and the new Shichibukai?

Actually, they weren't shown (maybe in the next Log, though aohige's technically right about the supernovas). The only other threat ranks I've seen were for Smoker (6) and Hina (5). I'm actually a little surprised that Smoker isn't that high, but I guess that's because of his current commodore ranking. I'm sure he'd be a bigger threat if he were.... oh say, a VA.....

Oh, and I kinda wonder if the fact that we're getting Vegapunk's threat ranking means that we'll actually be introduced to the good doctor during the Marineford arc? I mean, he has been classified as a marine scientist, has he not? If so, what better time to introduce him than during Luffy's adventure in the headquarters itself?

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-05-03 at 18:35.
Old 2009-05-03, 19:22   Link #50
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
If so, what better time to introduce him than during Luffy's adventure in the headquarters itself?
I hope not.
Old 2009-05-03, 20:30   Link #51
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
I hope not.

I can imagine the chapter title now: Adventure in the Pirate Death Trap.
Old 2009-05-03, 20:48   Link #52
SMASHERJACKSON

the scale of the jailbreak has suprised me didnt think oda would giv so much fanservice [which i do appreciate], and also now that croc and mr 1 r reunited how will croc be kept in line and be kept from going against whitebeard?

also still wondering how and when the sh will be reunited as well as if and how the other crew members will play a role in the war

which brings me to my final concern, will we get actual on site coverage of the war or a few notifications of whats going on now and then i.e will luffy n co actually be invovled in it so we get front row seats to it or will it just be mentioned now and then?

iva's "threat" has impressed me as i dint expect him 2 b able to command that much fear/respect from the lvl 6 prisoners, makes me wonder how strong dragon must be......

also, does any1 else get a nagging feeling that zoro should hav to go up against inazuma and trafalgar law to prove himself as a swords man?
Old 2009-05-03, 21:53   Link #53
Azncoke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
the scale of the jailbreak has suprised me didnt think oda would giv so much fanservice [which i do appreciate], and also now that croc and mr 1 r reunited how will croc be kept in line and be kept from going against whitebeard?

also still wondering how and when the sh will be reunited as well as if and how the other crew members will play a role in the war

which brings me to my final concern, will we get actual on site coverage of the war or a few notifications of whats going on now and then i.e will luffy n co actually be invovled in it so we get front row seats to it or will it just be mentioned now and then?

iva's "threat" has impressed me as i dint expect him 2 b able to command that much fear/respect from the lvl 6 prisoners, makes me wonder how strong dragon must be......

also, does any1 else get a nagging feeling that zoro should hav to go up against inazuma and trafalgar law to prove himself as a swords man?
I'm pretty sure Inazuma will keep Mr.1 in check if they ever try to do anything fishy. I do want to see Zoro fighting Law tho will be intresting
Old 2009-05-03, 22:23   Link #54
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

I just want to say: THIS CHAPTER IS PERFECT! seriously, how the hell does Oda do it?
He even gets the minute details like the previously mentioned CROCODILES PIMP COAT.

Crocodile- even more badass than before. Bonified best villain ever. He can make things basically tun into sand??? That is insane.

Fishman- shit, cant believe i forgot his name. The fact that he doesn't use a devil fruit=respect. It's like that with all of the older characters but here we get yet another demonstration of why we love the older generation. His samurai/ martial arts like clothes are awesome.

Buggy and Mr. 3- Hilarious. They would. I expect them and the other escapees to meet up with the important guys on a marine ship or two.

This whole entire concept is really, damn. Such a powerhouse team. It is really funny to see Magellan freak out. He is scared. I'd be scared.

Damn. I can't wait for the translation. I just thought of something. These scenes would go really well with some hardcore rap with a good beat. "A Milli" :P

I also kinda want to see the powerhouses form a humanoid, as seen in the thriller bark arc, and go crazy. This would make the escape truly perfect.

How is everyone doing. I don't have time to be on here much due to work and stuff :/ what does everyone think about Luffy discovering the use of Haki with all these people?
Old 2009-05-04, 06:07   Link #55
Eleutheria
旅行癖

The chapter is epic. No way around it.

(what was with that face size increasing hormone at the end?)
Old 2009-05-04, 13:34   Link #56
marvelB

Oh man, Buggy and Mr. 3 are so awesome. It turns out they were able to sneak back to level 2 by hiding in the walls and slowly moving up the floors (they say it took them 20 hours). Mr. 3 made more of his wax keys to free the prisoners there (looks like that old theory came true after all), and finally they say that they plan to stow away in a battleship when they bust out of prison..... which pretty much guarantees that they'll be dragged off to Marineford with Luffy's group. I love how their constant attempts to ditch Luffy always backfire on them!

Heh, I also really liked Shiryuu's dialogue about how the prison went to disarray without him around. I guess he would've made a better warden than Magellan or Hannyabal, for that matter (speaking of the latter, the poor guy's sure got a lot of weight put on him, huh?). Well, the big battles should be starting next chapter. I'd imagine that the "mid-tier" guys like Bon Clay, Daz and Inazuma will take on Saldeath, Sadi and the guardian beasts while the "big boys" (Luffy, Croc, Jinbei and Iva) take on the wardens and Shiryuu.....

Oh, and it's a little disappointing that we didn't see more to level 6 after all. But considering the crazy torture methods that are used on the upper floors, I'm not too fussed about it (I guess the floor was chiefly used as death row, then). I'm still hoping that we get to see those 3 big bad pirates that Iva mentioned soon enough......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
(what was with that face size increasing hormone at the end?)

I have no idea, either. Maybe Emporio plans to eat some bitches for breakfast or something.
Old 2009-05-04, 13:59   Link #57
SMASHERJACKSON

jus realised zoro prolly wont be fighting them to prove himself as a swordsman as both are too reliant on their df to be truly classed as swordsmen
Old 2009-05-04, 14:14   Link #58
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol I caught the lion thingys still at the same old sheningans "longjohns"

Now it was cool seeing Luffy with Law and Kidd before but thats got nothing on what we seen here with Jimbei and Crocodile

the more I see it the more I sure Jimbei is using Haki in his karate, hoho hopefully we get to see him let loose!

Buggy and Mr3 are a tenacious duo, good to see em still holding on to there dream of escaping

Now wonder whats gonna happen with "M. Bison"

I think Iva's face increase hormone thingy is to make his "Death Wink" more powerful.
Old 2009-05-04, 14:18   Link #59
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Iva could win this whole thing by just turning all the guards into women and increase the hormone level on the men under his/her/its control.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2009-05-04 at 15:16.
Old 2009-05-04, 14:33   Link #60
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Iva could win this whole thing by just turning all the guards into women and increase the hormone level on the man under his control.

If OP were a seinen series, that may have been possible. Otherwise, the chances of Iva being responsible for a huge prison orgy are nil. Well, it's most likely to happen in hentai doujins, anyway.

Heh, I'm even more convinced now that Buggy will get a rather sizable raise in his bounty. Not only was he Luffy's first accomplice when he was rampaging through the prison earlier, but now all of the level 2 prisoners are shouting out their gratitude for him in their riot. Yep, I expect him to get quite a flashy price on his head when all is said and done......

And I'm still curious about how Crocodile got back his pimp coat. Commissary, perhaps?
Closed Thread