AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-05-21, 11:33   Link #41
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Guess which studio is in charge of Index series?
...I'm not sure what your point is, but yes, Index is a very big-name series and JC Staff's adaptation of it isn't exactly stellar.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 11:34   Link #42
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Not only ZnT, but also Hidan no Aria.
Oh yeah, I always misunderstood that HnA was from Dengeki.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 11:35   Link #43
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaYoshi View Post
It looks like Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. Will it be produced by SHAFT or Starchild Records?
I definitely also thought of Denpa Onna when I saw the character designs.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 11:44   Link #44
larethian

if we're talking about action animation, JC staff seems to know how to conserve its budget for the right moments; one must remember that they work with limited budgets. if we're talking about plot adaptation, it adapted and stripped before, and while it has incurred my wrath a few times from that, I would not go as far to say that they are at the level of butchering. I think adaptations should not be compared to source material but rather to how other adaptations are done by other studios.

anyway back to topic, this has neither heavy action nor epic plots. it focuses more on characters, gags, and bishoujo service. so things wouldn't go too wrong, can they? on yeah, I hope they don't tone down on some of the more H-lines, which have me fall out of my chair laughing many times.
Old 2011-05-21, 13:09   Link #45
Miraluka
Banned

You just just answered yourselves guys (specially with larethian's post).

I read whispering about A-1 pictures or JC Staff taking this series but so far there is no confirmation, while the cast from the CD Drama remains the same (confirmed), I would like to rad/hear from an official source that the anime will have the same designs used for Denpa Onna which are fair enough to give justice to Buriki's designs.

@Larethian: Are your signature and avatar from an August Soft's galge?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 13:15   Link #46
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

As long as it is Asako Nishida who is doing the character design I don't care which studio is doing it. However if it is Shaft it'll be great.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 13:17   Link #47
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Aiyoku no Eustia is the game in that signature.
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 14:00   Link #48
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Is there any heavy fanservice on its original novel ?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 15:25   Link #49
Zakoo

heavy ? Huh, I didn't see any so far, if bishojo in weird outfit is heavy fan service than yes ... depend of how they adapt actually, seeing the chapter of the sacred blackstar for example.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 15:53   Link #50
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well apart from the odd Sena pic that would stand out(Buriki is a godly artist) theres not much in the way of fanservice, it being a LN and all.
Even the manga is tame. i.e no pointless stuff compared to stuff that makes the story interesting.

Sena is probably the one to likely provide any kinda heavy fanservice for the anime

The Sacred Blackstar part I wonder about, it's not pointless "service".

But all that don't matter to me anyway, I'm hoping we get to see the "The Sacred Blackstar" in all it's glory
Old 2011-05-21, 15:58   Link #51
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well apart from the odd Sena pic that would stand out(Buriki is a godly artist) theres not much in the way of fanservice, it being a LN and all.
Even the manga is tame. i.e no pointless stuff compared to stuff that makes the story interesting.

Sena is probably the one to likely provide any kinda heavy fanservice for the anime

The Sacred Blackstar part I wonder about, it's not pointless "service".

But all that don't matter to me anyway, I'm hoping we get to see the "The Sacred Blackstar" in all it's glory
That Sacred Blackstar is her ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-05-21, 16:02   Link #52
Zakoo

Huh no, you should go on the novel thread for the sacred blackstar, it's spoil here I guess ... When I read it ... I nearly died of lack of oxygen.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 16:46   Link #53
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Huh no, you should go on the novel thread for the sacred blackstar, it's spoil here I guess ... When I read it ... I nearly died of lack of oxygen.
The Sacred Blackstar is The Sacred Blacksmith ?
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-05-21, 17:42   Link #54
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Currently, the most popular novels are #1: Toaru majutsu no Index and #Boku wa tomdachi wa sukunai.
Eh? Top 10 from last years light novel rankings were...

Quote:
Light Novel Ranking
*1, 1,211,835 Moshidora
*2, *,328,113 Durarara!! vol.1
*3, *,266,030 Durarara!! vol.2
*4, *,237,196 Durarara!! vol.3
*5, *,221,683 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu vol.7
*6, *,218,081 Durarara!! vol.4
*7, *,215,358 Toaru Majutsu no Index vol.20
*8, *,210,664 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu vol.7.5
*9, *,199,506 Toaru Majutsu no Index vol.21
10, *,197,573 Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu vol.8
I think Boku wa tomdachi wa sukunai is currently the most popular LN series running without an anime, I think Vol 6 can push a 100,000 opening week which is something Infinite Stratos needed a smash hit anime to achieve. OreNo Vol 8 just did a 150k opening week and I think Boku can surpass that once the anime is out.

Quote:
I read whispering about A-1 pictures
Why would A-1 Pictures owned by Aniplex a subsidiary of Sony animate a Media Factory production? It's a good fit with the right team on it but it just doesn't work out.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 22:33   Link #55
larethian

Quote:
@Larethian: Are your signature and avatar from an August Soft's galge?
As Hikari had said. Skyfall has a signature of the same VN. I'm just following suit because I'm jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Is there any heavy fanservice on its original novel ?
Depends on how you define fanservice. For me, slightly H-dialogue is also fanservice LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Eh? Top 10 from last years light novel rankings were...

I think Boku wa tomdachi wa sukunai is currently the most popular LN series running without an anime, I think Vol 6 can push a 100,000 opening week which is something Infinite Stratos needed a smash hit anime to achieve. OreNo Vol 8 just did a 150k opening week and I think Boku can surpass that once the anime is out.

Why would A-1 Pictures owned by Aniplex a subsidiary of Sony animate a Media Factory production? It's a good fit with the right team on it but it just doesn't work out.
Yours is based on individual volumes. "This Light Novel Is Amazing" uses total sales for a "Title", and Haganai was no.2 with only 5 volumes! Index was no. 1 but it has like around 22 volumes, though of course, majority of sales probably come from the latest releases for both. And besides that, sales of that year does not equate to accumulated sales, and should not be taken as an absolute measure of popularity
Old 2011-05-21, 22:33   Link #56
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Thats why I said novels not series .

Quote:
There is no confirmation thus, no reason to overthink this.

I want Asako Nishida's designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
As Hikari had said. Skyfall has a signature of the same VN. I'm just following suit because I'm jealous.
ROFL.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 22:48   Link #57
larethian

Quote:
ROFL.
Though I completed it and got it from the CG screen caps. Though I have no skills with Gimp nor photoshop. See his taunt here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...07#post3619607

And regarding visual fan-service, it's highly likely they will have it . Even though I'm a Meat shipper, since I also love my VNs , Yozora's lines are classic and better not altered.
Old 2011-05-22, 01:09   Link #58
Forsaken_Infinity

:S. Larenthian, it's rather easy to at least sharpen the picture and stitch the pieces together properly. Gimp and photoshop both have massive number of tutorials that aren't really that hard to follow... especially not for something that simple.

OT: It'd be a fucking dream come true if Kyoani did this. But...
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 06:50   Link #59
larethian

Now people are complaining about my aesthetic sense. What pieces? I totally don't understand the jargon... It's a post processed image though I forgot what functions I used. It's not sharp like the original one, so the problem is actually my aesthetic sense. Putting aside the fact that I don't have time to learn a skill which does not help me in my current profession, and a skill in which I have little interest in, I won't know what looks good even when I've learned it. thanks for the advice anyway.
Old 2011-05-22, 07:43   Link #60
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Yours is based on individual volumes. "This Light Novel Is Amazing" uses total sales for a "Title", and Haganai was no.2 with only 5 volumes! Index was no. 1 but it has like around 22 volumes, though of course, majority of sales probably come from the latest releases for both. And besides that, sales of that year does not equate to accumulated sales, and should not be taken as an absolute measure of popularity
Actually, "This LN is Amazing!" is NOT base on sale figure. Rather, it used questionnaire by writers/critics, on their website (For general reader), and a surveying agency (Macromill) to compile the result. It DOES gauge popularity more than you think it does.

While popularity and sales figure correlated, ranking #2 on the guide doesn't mean that the LN (in this case, Haganai) is #2 best-selling series for that year. It's also true that, however, accumulated figure doesn't means a thing when it comes to yearly sales figure, b/c, we all know that anime pump up the sales of any given LN series by at least 50k (for each volume), if not more...

And of course, ranking #2 basically right out of the box (Well, it was #23 in the 2010 ranking with the first volume) IS amazing no matter which way you look at it, only losing to Index with that series being in the climax (Vol. 20-22) and have an anime series already along with a spinoff anime series in Railgun...

Quote:
I definitely also thought of Denpa Onna when I saw the character designs.
It is the same illustrator (Buriki) after all...

Last edited by ion475; 2011-05-22 at 08:32.
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen