AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-08, 07:56   Link #21
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I think Tatiana should take Alister's advice and hook up with Claus.
She knows she has not chance. Besides, hooking up with Claus would affect her charisma. Remember she has to become the badass captain of the Silvius. That's the sort of charisma you gain by overcoming your pain (in this case, unrequited love) on your own.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:10   Link #22
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hilarious, so we meet one of Tatiana's idiot uncles, and obviously he's more interested in getting her married so they could start rebuilding their family fortunes. I had to laugh when he learned about Claus though. That explosion was so expected.

Funny how Alister seems to be still shipping her friend with Claus. How we got from THIS to the captain and XO of the Silvius should be interesting.

So it seems that, at the very least, the people of Anatoray have set up temporary drydocks for the two battleships they brought along with them from Prester. That's... not much, actually. On the bright side, it seems that the returnees have at least proper houses to stay in.

Hmm, it does look like both Alvis and Holly have pretty much become 'sisters', while both Claus and Lavie have settled into the role of surrogate parents for the two.

And yeah, the Guild seem to have control issues wherever you go in this world setting.
Old 2011-12-08, 20:14   Link #23
azarhal

Quote:
Do you know what? I think Tatiana should take Alister's advice and hook up with Claus.
"Don't be ridiculous." ~ Tatiana

I actually wonder what Tatiana wanted to say before Alister started to say she had fellings for a commoner. One thing is sure, looks like she didn't have to join the military to revive the Wisla. She just had to marry a wealthy noble...

Seems to me that she's running away from the "pressure". Might be why she accepted the XO job on the new world and later the captaincy of the Silvius. More distance between her and unwanted marriage, feelings and blood relatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Funny how Alister seems to be still shipping her friend with Claus. How we got from THIS to the captain and XO of the Silvius should be interesting.
Alister is Tatiana's best friends, subordinate (both military and socially) and "attendant/servant" (Alister act like it). And Alister might have "more than friend" feelings for Tatiana as well (depends on your googles). She also seems to wish the best for Tatiana and want her happy.

As for the Guild, I'm wondering from where they are coming from. They might not exactly have as much control as the guy they meet want them to believe. It's quite possible they actually failed to take "control" of all the other returnees as well.

But we know Alvis will be wearing guild clothing in Fam, so...
Old 2011-12-08, 21:21   Link #24
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I have to admit, this latest update raised a few questions for me, namely, if the Guild is in charge of all the refugees then where the heck are they in Fam? They certainly aren't protesting that the Ades are reclaiming the lands that, presumably, they gave to the refugees and they didn't have Lilianna who is an other Exile key (as someone said on the anime thread, it's a bit unlikely that they were completely wiped out in the two years between series). My theory is that the Guild actually isn't in charge on Earth, this guy seemed a bit desperate, and that they're trying to bully the people of the A-D Prestar so they can get Al and become more powerful again (since nothing says "don't mess with us" quite like dropping an Exile on a country). I'm probably reading way too much into this but I do suspect that the situation is a bit more complicated that it previously seemed.
Old 2011-12-08, 21:52   Link #25
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well I don't see a problem with Tatiana joining with Claus as well. I mean the Guild guy said the refugees purpose was to breed and thrive...

Anyways were the Guild always that strong that they could kick apart an airship...?
Old 2011-12-08, 22:44   Link #26
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Anyways were the Guild always that strong that they could kick apart an airship...?
No, he just kicked the windshield in front of Claus' seat. The REAL show of strength was when he pretty much threw Lavie, with one arm, several feet from where she was standing in her cockpit (I'm surprised that she didn't dislocate anything in the process). That's impressive, to say the least, as the Guild was always shown to be extremely athletic in Last Exile, but we didn't know they had super-strength as well.
Old 2011-12-09, 01:02   Link #27
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I just realize something. The last 2 chapters had parts dedicated about Tatiana's feelings for Claus and not the others. Foreshadowing perhaps?
Old 2011-12-09, 02:24   Link #28
azarhal

Quote:
I just realize something. The last 2 chapters had parts dedicated about Tatiana's feelings for Claus and not the others. Foreshadowing perhaps?
Foreshadowing of what exactly? That each girl will get her "let's explore your feeling for Claus" chapter(s)?
Old 2011-12-09, 04:18   Link #29
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Foreshadowing of what exactly? That each girl will get her "let's explore your feeling for Claus" chapter(s)?
Tatiana will hook up with Claus.

Runs away before the other shipper fans chase me!
Old 2011-12-09, 04:45   Link #30
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Runs away before the other shipper fans chase me!
But aren't you the only shipper fan here?

Personally, I don't think Tatiana will get any. There's no way she can become the badass captain that she is in Fam is she gets all rabu-rabu with Claus (or with anyone else).

In fact, that's probably why the manga focuses on her feelings for Claus now. We will probably see how she moves on and become stronger.
Old 2011-12-09, 05:31   Link #31
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No he's not ! Us, the ClausXTatiana fan are the 99% !!! ....

Quote:

Personally, I don't think Tatiana will get any. There's no way she can become the badass captain that she is in Fam is she gets all rabu-rabu with Claus (or with anyone else).
Lol what ? You can be badass an be in love with someone, you know ? Espcially when this someone is a genius vanship pilote !!!

All Hail ClausXTatiana !!!!
Old 2011-12-09, 05:36   Link #32
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

I abjure you, Shippers! Away from this thread!

In all seriousness, while the comic is doing a good job in showing just what happened to everyone prior to Fam (though there's still quire a bit of 'connecting the dots'), the reappearance of the Guild bug me for some reason, especially given their non-presence in Fam.
Old 2011-12-09, 07:34   Link #33
azarhal

Quote:
...the reappearance of the Guild bug me for some reason, especially given their non-presence in Fam.
Alvis is seen wearing the same little infinite symbol as the Guild guy do in this chapter in the OP. They probably just aren't in "control" of anything and might have been "absorbed" by Anatoray's guild,well what is left of it, when those came to Earth (Dio).
Old 2011-12-09, 13:15   Link #34
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Suppose I'd better keep my vanshipping tendencies to myself then.
Old 2011-12-12, 03:11   Link #35
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Claus and Lavie look like an old married couple in their little farmhouse. "Oh, my back!"

Personally I don't see why Tatiana - or anyone else - can't have a healthy sex life and/or a steady relationship and still be a badass ship captain.

Heh, I find the writing in this much more interesting than "Fam".
Old 2011-12-12, 05:39   Link #36
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post

Heh, I find the writing in this much more interesting than "Fam".
I droped Fam after episode 3.
Old 2011-12-12, 10:09   Link #37
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Seeing as this is leading to Fam, that's kind of missing half the fun of it, eh? :P
Old 2011-12-12, 13:35   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Seeing as this is leading to Fam, that's kind of missing half the fun of it, eh? :P
Alas, it's only fun if Fam can hold up it's end of the deal. And so far...
Old 2011-12-12, 21:01   Link #39
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Alas, it's only fun if Fam can hold up it's end of the deal. And so far...
That's more of an issue with Fam herself than the world setting or the people around her though, and even then it's something that Claus was guilty of at times (seriously, re-watch that part where Lavie was sulking about Tatiana).

Back to the manga... Mmm, Claus has definitely some lingering issues with the Guild. Not surprising though.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2011-12-12 at 21:44.
Old 2011-12-20, 08:12   Link #40
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 4:
Closed Thread

Tags
action, sci-fi