AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2012-12-07, 20:03   Link #9141
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

WVU mascot told to stop firing musket at wildlife
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...12-07-15-11-04
Quote:
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) -- The musket toted by West Virginia University's Mountaineer isn't just a prop - it's a bona fide weapon, and mascot Jonathan Kimble demonstrated that when he brought down a black bear with it in the woods.

Now WVU has ordered Kimble to stop using his university-issued weapon on hunting trips after a video of this week's kill was posted online. He says hunting with the gun is a Mountaineer mascot tradition.
Old 2012-12-07, 21:26   Link #9142
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Catfish in south-west France have been spotted leaping from a river to snap up the unsuspecting birds, before wriggling back beneath the water to swallow them.
The unusual behaviour - similar to the way some marine mammals beach themselves to snap up prey from the shore - has never been seen among catfish in their native range.

anyone else sees a Hollywood Blockbuster in this. Invasion of the Killer Catfish.
Old 2012-12-08, 00:16   Link #9143
AnimeFan188

Iraqi Insurgents Once Mounted Rockets on Their Heads:

"Iraq’s insurgents made all sorts of homemade weapons in their seven-year tangle
with the U.S. military. Some enterprising militants home-brewed their own rocket
launchers — and some even mounted them on their heads.

That’s what Matt Schroeder learned from a recent Freedom of Information Act
request he filed. A weapons researcher with the Federation of American Scientists,
Schroeder was at work on a joint project into illicit weaponry with the Small Arms
Survey when he heard rumors of Iraqi insurgents putting together rocket launchers
using spare parts. The last thing he expected to see was a Russian air-to-ground
rocket getting fired off someone’s head using “tape and a plexiglass visor,”
Schroeder says."

See:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012...ounted-rocket/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 15:59   Link #9144
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

NSFW Sankaku : Comiket Caves To Terrorism: “Rather Ban Than Cancel”

Quote:
The Comiket organisers have announced their response to terrorist threats against the event is to ban all works featuring the subject of the threat – Kuroko’s Basketball – and hold Comiket 83 as normal, if absent the hundreds of circles comprised of Kuroko fans, a decision they blame on the police and venue.
Although all the yaoi generated by KuroBasu's fujoshi circles are downright disgusting, I don't think it is fair to treat people like that - if they wanted to help society there are qualified people to do the work : that is the job of prison counsellors and asylum nurses.

Gimme a CAR-15 or MP5 with scope, and I'll patrol the whole event free of charge. Heck I'll even bring and wear my own BDU.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 16:01   Link #9145
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

Although all the yaoi generated by KuroBasu's fujoshi circles are downright disgusting, I don't think it is fair to treat people like that - if they wanted to help society there are qualified people to do the work : that is the job of prison counsellors and asylum nurses.

Gimme a CAR-15 or MP5 with scope, and I'll patrol the whole event free of charge. Heck I'll even bring and wear my own BDU.
You only able to patrol Yaoi section thought so no loli doujin for you

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 16:03   Link #9146
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
You only able to patrol Yaoi section thought so no loli doujin for you
Then remind me to put on my contacts and eyeshield. IF I can still find that goddamn pair of "sunglasses".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-12-08, 20:25   Link #9147
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Then remind me to put on my contacts and eyeshield. IF I can still find that goddamn pair of "sunglasses".
Afraid than someone would recognise you ?
Old 2012-12-08, 20:30   Link #9148
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
So other than America.... terrorist hates Yaoi?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 22:13   Link #9149
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:

Choice of weapons is yours, but you're not going there dressed as anyone other than SAO's Sinon.

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 22:38   Link #9150
Miraluka
Banned

So are there terrorists that hates yuri?? Just asking.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 23:02   Link #9151
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Choice of weapons is yours, but you're not going there dressed as anyone other than SAO's Sinon.

Aw cmon. I need that fierce look to drive those nuts away. Failing which is 2 rounds into center mass. How am I supposed to enforce order dressing as a cuddly Sinon?

*grabs and cuddles her*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
That is the problem......I can never understand girls. I don't know why most girls can find yuri disgusting for a moment, then suddenly change their minds and embrace lesbian relationships.

Mass gay weddings, now legal, expected in Washington state

When are we going to do a colony drop.

Old 2012-12-08, 23:14   Link #9152
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:

I've been hearing about that, I didn't think it would actually turn out like this. A shame for the fans of the series...

Quote:
Whenever an actual space colony is fully functional. Probably not in our life time.
Old 2012-12-08, 23:17   Link #9153
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavoryFantasy View Post
Whenever an actual space colony is fully functional. Probably not in our life time.
I bet the colony will die out soon without females... Same as Amazons needs man for reproduction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Not all.. They say yuri eroges and H is an exception....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 00:53   Link #9154
JokerD

Quote:

Quote:
Aw cmon. I need that fierce look to drive those nuts away. Failing which is 2 rounds into center mass. How am I supposed to enforce order dressing as a cuddly Sinon?

*grabs and cuddles her*

That is the problem......I can never understand girls. I don't know why most girls can find yuri disgusting for a moment, then suddenly change their minds and embrace lesbian relationships.

Mass gay weddings, now legal, expected in Washington state

You're one to talk, I suspected that you were one who gave the threat...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 05:53   Link #9155
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
yeah, that what i think when i read the news

Old 2012-12-09, 07:28   Link #9156
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
He isn't that idiot. Probably.
Giving the threat could also give a way directly to him if he is not carefull enough.
Old 2012-12-09, 07:41   Link #9157
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Russian PM talks Father Christmas, aliens and "jerks"

Quote:
MOSCOW - Father Christmas, aliens, President Vladimir Putin's lateness and "jerks" - Russia's prime minister gave the nation his views on more than he intended on Friday.

Dmitry Medvedev let his guard down after an interview with five Russian television stations when he failed to realise the cameras were still rolling.
http://www.todayonline.com/World/EDC...iens-and-jerks

Old 2012-12-09, 09:05   Link #9158
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Bullshit... If terrorists dare to bring violence to Comi, then they should just be met with violence in kind. Why discriminate against one group like that?
Old 2012-12-09, 21:53   Link #9159
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Bullshit... If terrorists dare to bring violence to Comi, then they should just be met with violence in kind. Why discriminate against one group like that?
Because violence won't stop or solve a chemical and/or explosive attack, and is being taken seriously by the police due to previous threats, and the police/venue understandable wouldn't let them do nothing.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 08:36   Link #9160
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Intelligence Institute Study shows Fox News viewers have an IQ that is 20 points lowe

Quote:
Birmingham, Alabama (PRWEB) December 04, 2012
The results of a 4 year study show that Americans who obtain their news from Fox News channel have an average IQ of 80, which represents a 20 point deficit when compared to the U.S. national average of 100. IQ, or intelligence quotient, is the international standard of assessing intelligence.
Researchers at The Intelligence Institute, a conservative non-profit group, tested 5,000 people using a series of tests that measure everything from cognitive aptitude to common sense and found that people who identified themselves as Fox News viewers and 'conservative' had, on average, significantly lower intelligent quotients. Fox Viewers represented 2,650 members of the test group.
http://news.yahoo.com/intelligence-i...034622242.html

Tags
humor