AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-31, 22:23   Link #61
Sakuya
*Artist

Episode 6 is out subbed. I want to see episode 9 that all of you are saying it's good.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 06:22   Link #62
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

The last short is definitely the best of the three--outstanding in every way as far as I'm concerned. Even if you got turned off by the previous arcs, you should definitely watch the last one!

Maybe wao and someone who've watched the raws can help me out here regarding something that bugs me...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-25, 20:53   Link #63
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I definitely loved the second arc because of its story, but WOW does the third arc deliver. The art is unique, the animation is unique, and the protagonist (for now) is just seething with bad@ss. The OP animation of this arc is just so damn cool. I'm like WOW.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 04:08   Link #64
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

The others bored the heck out of me, but first episode of the last story is gripping! It actually creeped me out for real. Can't wait to see the rest. By the way, who's the seiyuu for the Medicine Seller?
Old 2006-04-26, 05:14   Link #65
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

The animation for the OP was also too gripping. Even the subtle shadows were in tune with the song ... wow.
Old 2006-04-26, 06:05   Link #66
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie
The others bored the heck out of me, but first episode of the last story is gripping! It actually creeped me out for real. Can't wait to see the rest. By the way, who's the seiyuu for the Medicine Seller?

FAKIR-SAMA aka TAKAHIRO SAKURAI, who is teh win and (dare I say?) smex. I sound 100% fangirl here, but I REALLY like his voiceacting, and it is of course one of the many factors why I LOVE this arc. WOW, what a lot of CAPITALS. I'm sure I sound like an IDIOT, but who CARES. Hm.
Old 2006-04-26, 06:39   Link #67
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

*impatiently awaiting the next cool episode*

This is pure gold. Definitely.
Old 2006-04-26, 07:06   Link #68
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
FAKIR-SAMA aka TAKAHIRO SAKURAI, who is teh win and (dare I say?) smex. I sound 100% fangirl here, but I REALLY like his voiceacting, and it is of course one of the many factors why I LOVE this arc. WOW, what a lot of CAPITALS. I'm sure I sound like an IDIOT, but who CARES. Hm.
@.@ I swear the info wasn't there yesterday! But WOW FAKIR-SAMA no wonder I love it so much! Meh, Takahiro-fangirling is warranted! *fangirls*
Old 2006-04-26, 07:11   Link #69
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Even I think he's awesome AND handsome. Not to mention he has seiyuu'd among the best protagonists I've ever seen in anime ... and I'm a guy.
Old 2006-04-29, 04:53   Link #70
wao
OK.

Argh, I only just managed to watch episode 11 (raw) because my computer was lagging so badly and ***ny hates me -_- But... but...

Ohmy$deityholycrapwhatwhatwhat?

O_O

This show is definitely in my list of Best Anime Of All Time. For sure.

Very much for sure.

Wow... if you thought the first 2 were great, then the 3rd practically throws you off your feet and smacks you in the face. Seriously - there are so many interesting things you discover in it, and the directing was just flatout excellent! They used the white-text-on-black-background thing VERY effectively and conveyed the drama very well, and the actual story behind the Bakeneko was revealed in such an excellent way... You really couldn't guess it until the 3rd episode (well, that's what I felt anyway). Oh, and if you think the medicine seller dude is really cool (like I do, of course), you ain't seen nothing yet!

And needless to say, the animation was absolutely excellent. 33 Key animators, and many of them are highly skilled, and it shows. The fight at the end was one of the best fights I have ever seen - and excellent colours, by the way - and there's this animation of a kitten that sends me , a cat addict, screaming into closets and banging on tables because IT'S SO CONVINCINGLY CUTE. It shows EXACTLY what I love about little kitties.

And when you compare it to what the Bakeneko really is, and the truth of the situation... It's just so beautiful I don't know what to say. From a seemingly fine beginning of ep 1 it just spirals down into madness... It's horrific! (Well, considering it's Japanese Classic Horror...)

Excellent, excellent job. Toei did something right for once, getting this brilliant team together! I cannot stop recommending this to anyone... it's a pity not many are really aware of the nature of the series (i.e. 3 separate arcs) so if they watched the first few eps and were bored, they're missing out on so much... OK, I shall advertise this more... Time for a change of avatar then!

I look forward to whatever works the director and designer have next - if they can work together again I am most definitely watching it!

runpsicat: Regarding your question I'm not entirely sure (my pathetic knowledge of Japanese largely fails when it comes to the dialogue in this show) but from what I understood,
Spoiler:

Thank goodness the raw finally downloaded, at least!
Old 2006-04-29, 05:07   Link #71
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

m(_ _)m to the Medicine Man ...

Right now I'm playing the OP of the show ... wao, could you go online? I have to ask you something ...
Old 2006-04-29, 19:18   Link #72
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Enjoy the end of Ayakashi. ^^//
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 19:39   Link #73
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Yay, the third story is finally out and people can prostrate themselves before its awesomeness! *_*

wao: thanks for answering!

I wish they'd make a separate series featuring the same crew/cast...
Old 2006-04-29, 19:42   Link #74
Sakuya
*Artist

And so it finally ends. Must finish homework before I watch anything! >< Stupid projects. Thanks to [gg] for doing a great job on subbing this series.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-29, 19:54   Link #75
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Yes! Yes! Yes! Ayakashi = finally finished ...
Old 2006-04-30, 04:28   Link #76
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

*bump*

First of all, I'd like to say thanks to the [gg] group for subbing this extremely underrated series of 2006. (I really do hope you could sub the DVD versions as well.) Thank you for your time and patience with this series.

Second of all, I'd like to praise superfluously and excessively the final arc of Ayakashi. Everything is just pulled off together excellently. And in every succeeding episode, up to the culminating one, the creators just manage to up the ante every single time. My adoration for these series of episodes is just so sky high that I felt I had to change my avatar and profile title to suit this show. I was just totally blown away.

The first arc was so-so in my standards; the second arc was great; but this third arc, is beyond excellence. This third arc is beyond grasp, beyond words. No, wait, it can be encapsulated in two words: FUCKING AMAZING.

Despite having really little sleep yesterday this arc made me widen my eyes in expectation of what will happen. In all honesty, this was the only arc that gave me the creeps. The hero here is also unforgettable. He's smart, quiet ... AND HE PWNZOMGWTFBBQZORZ!!!!!oneoneeleven ...

Of course, the OP and ED just became more fitting with this final arc, having more kick for me that I've downloaded both because of the fact that the final arc played the animation to the tune so well that all I could do was be wide-mouthed.

I don't find anything wrong with the final arc. This is one show I love ... the content, the depth, not to mention the consistent animation and coolness (damn you, Ergo Proxy!!). I also personally couldn't guess WTF was going on in the arc ... until it was elaborated upon in the third episode with the ominous black-and-white (black background, white text).

Spoiler for a question:

Old 2006-05-01, 14:56   Link #77
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

*(^#@&*%#@#%HOLY@(#&@)&COW()&#@)&@0@!!!!!!!!oneone eleven11111WTFISTHATAWESOMESHIT

@_@

I am THAT excited. The 3rd arc is simply BRILLIANT! I couldn't even blink in that final fight. It was so unique and beautiful and it totally blew my mind away! How could one seemingly boring series turn into something so outstanding? I was so into the story it pained me to watch the past. It's so depressing... And yeah, this one totally creeped me out. Never had I been creeped out so much by an anime. The last was Paranoia Agent, but the intensity level here is much higher. It drives me nuts wanting to know the truth behind it all. Man, the last arc totally altered my initial rating for Ayakashi. I now have to give it a 9. Too bad but I can't cheat and put 10 coz I didn't enjoy the first 2 arcs.

I'm really, really glad that I picked up this title.

And... I <3 Medicine Seller so very much!
Old 2006-05-01, 15:45   Link #78
oJo

the second arc was okay tho she didn't have to grow so many arms, imho

/me impatiently waits for another group's release...

darn it! Sakurai's medicine man was sooooo cool
oJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-01, 17:17   Link #79
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I had my avatar and profile description changed because of T3H C00LN355 OF AYAKASHI!!! I mean, WOW. WOW. *_*
Old 2006-05-05, 15:49   Link #80
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
The first arc was so-so in my standards; the second arc was great; but this third arc, is beyond excellence. This third arc is beyond grasp, beyond words. No, wait, it can be encapsulated in two words: FUCKING AMAZING.

Despite having really little sleep yesterday this arc made me widen my eyes in expectation of what will happen. In all honesty, this was the only arc that gave me the creeps. The hero here is also unforgettable. He's smart, quiet ... AND HE PWNZOMGWTFBBQZORZ!!!!!oneoneeleven ...

Of course, the OP and ED just became more fitting with this final arc, having more kick for me that I've downloaded both because of the fact that the final arc played the animation to the tune so well that all I could do was be wide-mouthed.

I don't find anything wrong with the final arc. This is one show I love ... the content, the depth, not to mention the consistent animation and coolness (damn you, Ergo Proxy!!). I also personally couldn't guess WTF was going on in the arc ... until it was elaborated upon in the third episode with the ominous black-and-white (black background, white text).
Wow the favor has been returned...downloading because of recommendations. Now if only they started with ep 9-11 first then I would have finished the series.

Anyways, I sort of expected separate story arcs but not that they'd have differend production budgets and look / feel altogether.

Also, in general most anime series tend to start strong and then lose steam, with some rare instances (usually involving psychosis) that things get so fucked up it becomes actually good.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina