AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-06-12, 18:04   Link #301
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

in story missions as terran and you are running out of room, make CC, up lift them everytime you finish one so you save more room.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 18:45   Link #302
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
I just replayed the level and was dominating with the tanks : O Utter domination.. but I still lost the level when the bastards nuked my Raynor. I mean, wtf?! : |
I told you; the hard part isn't defeating the enemy on the left base, but the right. The ghost army is VERY annoying, as you don't have medics in plain SC to remove lockdown. Make sure you have scanners reader whenever you hear "nuclear launch detected". Get some marines to kill it quickly.
Old 2007-06-12, 19:45   Link #303
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I told you; the hard part isn't defeating the enemy on the left base, but the right. The ghost army is VERY annoying, as you don't have medics in plain SC to remove lockdown. Make sure you have scanners reader whenever you hear "nuclear launch detected". Get some marines to kill it quickly.
... T___T

I keep forgetting I have to protect Raynor. I came EXTREMELY close to winning this. I was beside the Ion Cannon with 6 ghosts... but then.. Raynor got whacked in the base. Sigh...

I am darn sad.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 21:13   Link #304
hipeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Actually, there is Chess 2. Specifically, the version we play today is chess 2. Originally the Queen can only move one square diagonally (chauvinistic history and all, thus the Queen was weaker than the King.), the Bishop can only move two squares diagonally, and pawns can only be promoted to Queens. Chess 1 was a much slower game, so Chess 2 improves overall game flow and tactics. Add-ons indeeed.
And even with all these improvements, they don't call it Chess 2, so I guess Blizzard needs more improvements in StarCraft 2 over the original StarCraft than it goes from Chess to... umm.. refined Chess

Guess a new physics engine is a good step
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 21:14   Link #305
Korean_boi
BBOY

Send a message via AIM to Korean_boi
ah, good ol sc.

u guys seen the demo?

tell me the toss mothership is total bs.
Korean_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 22:16   Link #306
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korean_boi View Post
ah, good ol sc.

u guys seen the demo?

tell me the toss mothership is total bs.
Thank you for being almost a month late, we had that "omigosh, teh mothership are overpower" talk. Not all units and races are announce yet, only the toss are being on display, so basing a conclusion on incomplete facts are useless; maybe zergs or terrans have some even more BS unit, like a special siege tank that fires a nuke as ammo at the rate of 1 shot a second or something.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 03:49   Link #307
arias

I am proud to announce that I have finally completed the final Terran mission

Noob that I am, this was my fourth serious replay on the stage. I mixed a combination of aggressive initial economy and equipment setup alongside extreme defensive measures with plots of 2x2 missile turrets guarding my base from those big mama Terran ships I also tucked away that bastard Raynor behind 8 of those turrets deep in base so no one gets to him.

I have to thank Vallen for reminding me of the Scanner ability from the Command Center extension -_- The two games I lost I faced many, many nukes but as they were on the periphery of my base I just spent a minute rebuilding the defences there. In the end the scanner ability was key to my final glorious win, with me rapidly clicking back to base on the minimap, and deploying the scan ability on various points on field where all those pesky ghosts and wraiths were cloaked I also moved my resources building to 70% anti-air Goliaths, and seeing 10 of them take down those enemy mamaships made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

In order to avoid last-minute swarms by the white biatches on the right, I built up 2 concentrated forces of 50-60 units each.. With 30 Goliaths, 40 infantry and 3 Siege tanks guarding my base I felt.. so.. indestructible Plus, they did make a last minute strike on my second base, but a carefully placed defensive force with one bunker, three tanks and a ton of Goliaths cleaned them out :^D

I KNOW this is all excessive description but I can't begin to tell how agitated and excited I am : B

I am happy : )
Old 2007-06-13, 05:29   Link #308
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

You know... The fun of the campagns only really starts now.

Playing as the other sides would make for a refreshing change, you will enjoy it. Just remember; the three sides are REALLY different from one another.
Old 2007-06-13, 10:12   Link #309
oi_pinoy

Yes i totally agree.
oi_pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 16:49   Link #310
Korean_boi
BBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
Thank you for being almost a month late, we had that "omigosh, teh mothership are overpower" talk. Not all units and races are announce yet, only the toss are being on display, so basing a conclusion on incomplete facts are useless; maybe zergs or terrans have some even more BS unit, like a special siege tank that fires a nuke as ammo at the rate of 1 shot a second or something.
thx for letting me know in such a nice way

now i kno who the party pooper of the thread is >_>

yeesh...who scv rushed you this morning?
Old 2007-06-13, 17:40   Link #311
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korean_boi View Post
thx for letting me know in such a nice way

now i kno who the party pooper of the thread is >_>

yeesh...who scv rushed you this morning?

Quieten down kids before I start spanking you two ^__^
Old 2007-06-13, 18:03   Link #312
Korean_boi
BBOY

no one's arguing

Z(O_o)z

and btw...

i experience a strange game

some kid nukes me like 10 times at once. i had detectors everywhere in my base and the outlying plateaus. wtf is this...
Old 2007-06-13, 18:04   Link #313
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

look what i found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30MBljXxg3M

a new leaked video of SC2 from PCGamers mag. Showing some new units, enjoy.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 18:05   Link #314
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
I am proud to announce that I have finally completed the final Terran mission

Noob that I am, this was my fourth serious replay on the stage. I mixed a combination of aggressive initial economy and equipment setup alongside extreme defensive measures with plots of 2x2 missile turrets guarding my base from those big mama Terran ships I also tucked away that bastard Raynor behind 8 of those turrets deep in base so no one gets to him.

I have to thank Vallen for reminding me of the Scanner ability from the Command Center extension -_- The two games I lost I faced many, many nukes but as they were on the periphery of my base I just spent a minute rebuilding the defences there. In the end the scanner ability was key to my final glorious win, with me rapidly clicking back to base on the minimap, and deploying the scan ability on various points on field where all those pesky ghosts and wraiths were cloaked I also moved my resources building to 70% anti-air Goliaths, and seeing 10 of them take down those enemy mamaships made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

In order to avoid last-minute swarms by the white biatches on the right, I built up 2 concentrated forces of 50-60 units each.. With 30 Goliaths, 40 infantry and 3 Siege tanks guarding my base I felt.. so.. indestructible Plus, they did make a last minute strike on my second base, but a carefully placed defensive force with one bunker, three tanks and a ton of Goliaths cleaned them out :^D

I KNOW this is all excessive description but I can't begin to tell how agitated and excited I am : B

I am happy : )
Don't worry, the terran campaign is like 3x easier than the zerg one and like 5x easier than protoss!

Edit @ psychobolt's video: holy crap. DARK TEMPLAR CARRIERS! Overall, it seems that the protoss are mixing in a LOT more dark templar-type units.

Last edited by Demongod86; 2007-06-13 at 18:21.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 18:54   Link #315
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Don't worry, the terran campaign is like 3x easier than the zerg one and like 5x easier than protoss!

Edit @ psychobolt's video: holy crap. DARK TEMPLAR CARRIERS! Overall, it seems that the protoss are mixing in a LOT more dark templar-type units.
Makes sense story-wise; there is no high Templar left technically. The Aiur engineers merely made do with what they know merged with that the Dark Templars got.
Old 2007-06-13, 20:05   Link #316
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I was terrible in the campagin missions. Then again, I had a very non-aggressive playing style; never took expansions. That's no way to play. But even worse, once you get deeper into the missions, you don't want the gameplay anymore - you just want the story and cutscenes. That was how it was for me, anyway. Like a good anime that you can't put down, I would "just one more episode..." myself until I'd hit the end of the game. Thank goodness for cheat codes.

I still have my SC and Broodwar CDs, but I've forgotten all of the keyboard shortcuts and most of the strategies. If people want to band together for a game or two and everyone's as rusty as I am, then I'm in. But I'm not joining if you've all been practicing like mad ;P
Old 2007-06-13, 21:01   Link #317
Korean_boi
BBOY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I was terrible in the campagin missions. Then again, I had a very non-aggressive playing style; never took expansions. That's no way to play. But even worse, once you get deeper into the missions, you don't want the gameplay anymore - you just want the story and cutscenes. That was how it was for me, anyway. Like a good anime that you can't put down, I would "just one more episode..." myself until I'd hit the end of the game. Thank goodness for cheat codes.

I still have my SC and Broodwar CDs, but I've forgotten all of the keyboard shortcuts and most of the strategies. If people want to band together for a game or two and everyone's as rusty as I am, then I'm in. But I'm not joining if you've all been practicing like mad ;P
well, im game. my account was about to expire last week, good thing i logged on to play a nice game of cat n mouse jungle :P

XxKrn_playaxX

anyone interested in a nice game of ffa or team games?

luna, lost temple, r point are maps, i'd like to play

any other wgt maps are fun too.
Old 2007-06-13, 21:49   Link #318
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I've read the whole plot of Starcraft, but I don't find it that titillating. It's solid, I suppose, but it's nothing extraordinary..

The gameplay is good for me; the Terran missions weren't repetitive as each had its own sort of particular dimension. Just starting on the Zergs is troublesome though, I'm grasping its fundamental strategies but it's very tricky. I'm not sure I want to invest in all the energies.. : p

I'd love to SC online with you guys, but I don't have battle net. Oh well.
Old 2007-06-13, 22:11   Link #319
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Quote:
~
I'd love to SC online with you guys, but I don't have battle net. Oh well.
Erm... Battlenet is free and you immediately have access to it so long as you have an Internet connection.

Eh? ò_Ó?
Old 2007-06-13, 22:22   Link #320
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
if anyone is up for a game im:Psy.quetzal on us.east im very active if ur up for some game feel free to msg me!
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows