AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-19, 05:07   Link #2001
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

The results are terrible. Homura, Irisviel, Mio, Mugi, Kurisu, and Yuri didn't win. I'm glad Mikoto, KyoSaya, Louise and Shana/Yuji lost though XDD
Old 2012-06-19, 05:11   Link #2002
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Congratulations Rajura; you have a poster to look forward to.
How is that? She is but in an exhibition match... though I would welcome seeing the beautiful visage of my wolfu on display for all to see!

The only problem, I don't have many collections in the the PRC and the rest of SE Asia.

Time for people to check out that AMV of mine from a couple years back... I wish my work permitted me to make another, but I am quite limited in my free time.
Also, yes, I am aware I cannot actively campaign for her here... and yes, I am aware that it would be hard for me to change the heart of anyone here.

Last edited by Rajura; 2012-06-19 at 05:54. Reason: Ohhhh... I think I see... μ exhibition, right?
Old 2012-06-19, 10:30   Link #2003
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Can't say Mikoto getting a loss from Yuki surprises me much. I did feel months ago that RieKu chars in Shana and Taiga would dominate Stella. I daresay Shana fans in some proportion picked this moment for an ambush, but that's fair enough considering 2009 and 2011. Nova being Kanade's stomping ground hasn't surprised me but Eucliwood being the only other undefeated in Nova...I don't get it. Yuri's streak ending because of Yui doesn't surprise me - Yui did do better than Yuri last year so it fits. I thought Kuroneko was going to be the one challenging Kanade for Nova supremacy this year, but clearly not. S2 has certainly helped Eu's cause, but I can't see it being enough to beat Kanade. This year seems set for a Kanade/Shana grand final unless someone plans a timely finals ambush in tow with ISML tradition. I'd figure Kuroneko and Saber would be rallying points for that.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:43   Link #2004
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
If nothing else, there's been some significant power fluctuations this year, and they tend to be at the 'high end' too. Some of these power fluctuations I like (Saber getting stronger), some of these I don't like, but the net effect is a definite positive: Much more unpredictability and some actual surprises in important matches.

Kanade continues to steamroll at the very top, of course, but last year alone proved she's not totally invincible. It's good to see a relatively 'wide open' ISML.
Old 2012-06-19, 17:37   Link #2005
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...

1. Yuki beating Biribiri, well, last year it was 4510-4319, this year 3951-4227. 2010 is 3388-3241. So it's 51.1% -> 51.08% -> 48.3%. Definitely a drop in power of Biribiri. Of course, some people may be looking for 3-peat...
2. Erio-Mato is as close as it can get. Hack, even in overall record they're basically head to head. Of course, it's not super good news for a Erio fan like me, knowing that Mato is not exactly super strong...
3. Quite frankly, the only "true" opponent Eu beat was Kuroneko back in last period. So not huge surprise that she's undefeated. Hack, Yurippe is 13-1 (at least she beat some worthy opponents and only lost is to Yui-nyan, which is expected) and Kirino is 12-2. The strength difference b/t the Top 10 in Nova and the rest is fairly big (Top 11...I didn't quite include Victorique since her VD is just scarily low)
4. Kyoko gets her first win. Yuno is destined to go 0-35?
5. On the other side, both Taiga and Shana handles their business, although at the expense of two K-On girls...
6. And sigh, Kagami-sama, beating Ikaros by only 100 now...

As for the necklace. Taiga has a headstart. Basically it's Kuroneko, Taiga, Shana, and Yuki contending (I don't see Saber getting enough votes in a necklace match). Eu, despite her record, basically has 0 chance since she'll have to overcome a 6% difference against Taiga...

Of course, it's tough choice for me since I like the top 2 (Kuroneko & Taiga) while at the same time, want a 3-peat...

Quote:
If nothing else, there's been some significant power fluctuations this year, and they tend to be at the 'high end' too. Some of these power fluctuations I like (Saber getting stronger), some of these I don't like, but the net effect is a definite positive: Much more unpredictability and some actual surprises in important matches.
Basically, the only thing I observe...
1. Mato rise from last year, but for obvious reason
2. Saber & Eu getting help from new anime
3. Nova side = people just keep voting for the "older" name. Top 7 are all returning and 4 out of the 7 are way exceeding their record last year so far (Yurippe, Yui-nyan, Charlotte, Kirino).
4. Stella side = Saber and Rin both have Fate/Zero to boost them (Rin is already close to surpass her # of wins from last year). Shinobu is the other one but she's not exactly veteran in most sense...
5. At the end, battle between Tier 1 girls has always been unpredictable anyway...okay, except any "Tier 1" battle involving Homura.

Quote:
Kanade continues to steamroll at the very top, of course, but last year alone proved she's not totally invincible. It's good to see a relatively 'wide open' ISML.
Well, Stella is competitive for the most part. Nova? Not so much unless you consider that muddle in the middle "wide open" (Which it is, b/c it's nearly impossible to predict most of those matches...)

Last edited by ion475; 2012-06-19 at 17:55.
Old 2012-06-19, 18:51   Link #2006
broken270
Defying gravity

I guess there are some people out there who really want a three-peat to happen, and Yuki does look perfect behind an amethyst background. Either that, or the tiara victory is starting to have an effect on Mikoto.

Inb4, Ruby 7: Shana vs. Mikoto. Shana wins.
Old 2012-06-20, 03:21   Link #2007
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post

Basically, the only thing I observe...
1. Mato rise from last year, but for obvious reason
2. Saber & Eu getting help from new anime
Thing is, I don't recall having anything quite like that last year. This caused the mid-to-high end to be pretty predictable, as they were all "old names" from long-completed anime shows, with fairly static power levels.

At this point, I honestly don't know just how strong Saber or Eu are. That makes things more exciting, imo.
Old 2012-06-20, 06:07   Link #2008
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Thing is, I don't recall having anything quite like that last year. This caused the mid-to-high end to be pretty predictable, as they were all "old names" from long-completed anime shows, with fairly static power levels.
What new shows are there that involved a girl in the competition anyway? Only one I can think of off top of my head is Shana, and of course, she turns around and beat the previously undefeated Kanade.

Saber and to a lesser extent, Rin are the only two girls that has power shoot way up. Eu has been pretty strong even dating back to last year. Not defeating Kuroneko strong, but she was up in upper Tier 2.

Okay, there's the counterexample of Hitagi & Nadeko, who didn't quite get the Saber like boost. But Nisemonogatari is not ongoing, though...
Old 2012-06-20, 16:39   Link #2009
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Remember that we created Nova for the ones who mostly care about Nova characters. We knew that there would be characters like Kanade that will outright dominate Nova, but what are were predicting, is exactly what is happening - the middle characters of Nova becoming very competitive.

And it's very nice to see Taiga/Yuki making somewhat of an impact on the Stella side, although I'm not sure if the Yuki "surge" is more than for her winning the Amethyst Necklace.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:08   Link #2010
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

ARENA 01: Aisaka Taiga Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) Saber Yui [Shana] Eucliwood Hellscythe Nagato Yuki
ARENA 02: Tōsaka Rin [Victorique de Blois] Shiina Minatsu Hisui Ichinose Kotomi Tsugumi Kōsaka Kirino
ARENA 03: Akiyama Mio Tsukamoto Yakumo Flower Matō Sakura [Hanabishi Miki] Saten Ruiko Suzumiya Haruhi
ARENA 04: Kohaku Teletha Testarossa Takahara Ayumi Tainaka Ritsu Tsukamoto Tenma [Karakuri Chachamaru] Uiharu Kazari
ARENA 05: Shimada Minami Shiomiya Shiori Fear Kubrick Suzutsuki Kanade Sanzen'in Nagi [Holo] Ikaros
ARENA 06: [Dalian] Yin
ARENA 07: Morishima Haruka [Hanato Kobato]
ARENA 08: Hakamada Hinata [Tsukimiya Ayu]
ARENA 09: Ariel, Chris [Abstained] Chitanda Eru, Ibara Mayaka
Old 2012-06-21, 10:43   Link #2011
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

ARENA 01: Aisaka Taiga Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) [Saber] Yui Shana Eucliwood Hellscythe Nagato Yuki
ARENA 02: [Tōsaka Rin] Victorique de Blois Shiina Minatsu Hisui Ichinose Kotomi Tsugumi Kōsaka Kirino
ARENA 03: Akiyama Mio Tsukamoto Yakumo Flower Matō Sakura Hanabishi Miki Saten Ruiko [Suzumiya Haruhi]
ARENA 04: [Kohaku] Teletha Testarossa Takahara Ayumi Tainaka Ritsu Tsukamoto Tenma Karakuri Chachamaru Uiharu Kazari
ARENA 05: Shimada Minami Shiomiya Shiori Fear Kubrick Suzutsuki Kanade Sanzen'in Nagi [Holo] Ikaros
ARENA 06: Dalian [Abstained] Yin
ARENA 07: [Morishima Haruka] Hanato Kobato
ARENA 08: Hakamada Hinata [Abstained] Tsukimiya Ayu
ARENA 09: Ariel, Chris [Chitanda Eru, Ibara Mayaka]
Old 2012-06-21, 10:49   Link #2012
Triple_R
*Author

Funny how things work out some times... Go KyoAni Go!!!

ARENA 01: Aisaka Taiga Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) Saber Yui Shana Eucliwood Hellscythe [Nagato Yuki]

Close call between Yuki and Shana for me. There seems to be a movement afoot to get Yuki to three-peat, so I voted for her here.

Spoiler for Rest of my votes, and why I made them:
Old 2012-06-21, 10:51   Link #2013
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

ARENA 01: Aisaka Taiga [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] Saber Yui Shana Eucliwood Hellscythe Nagato Yuki
ARENA 02: Tōsaka Rin [Victorique de Blois] Shiina Minatsu Hisui Ichinose Kotomi Tsugumi Kōsaka Kirino
ARENA 03: Akiyama Mio [Tsukamoto Yakumo] Flower Matō Sakura Hanabishi Miki Saten Ruiko Suzumiya Haruhi
ARENA 04: Kohaku Teletha Testarossa Takahara Ayumi Tainaka Ritsu Tsukamoto Tenma Karakuri Chachamaru [Uiharu Kazari]
ARENA 05: Shimada Minami [Shiomiya Shiori] Fear Kubrick Suzutsuki Kanade Sanzen'in Nagi Holo Ikaros
ARENA 06: Dalian [Abstained] Yin
Old 2012-06-21, 11:01   Link #2014
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

ARENA 01: Aisaka Taiga [Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko)] Saber Yui Shana Eucliwood Hellscythe Nagato Yuki
ARENA 02: [Tōsaka Rin] Victorique de Blois Shiina Minatsu Hisui Ichinose Kotomi Tsugumi Kōsaka Kirino
ARENA 03: Akiyama Mio Tsukamoto Yakumo Flower Matō Sakura Hanabishi Miki [Saten Ruiko] Suzumiya Haruhi
ARENA 04: Kohaku Teletha Testarossa Takahara Ayumi Tainaka Ritsu Tsukamoto Tenma Karakuri Chachamaru [Uiharu Kazari]
ARENA 06: Dalian [Yin]
ARENA 08: [Hakamada Hinata] Tsukimiya Ayu

Came down to Kuroneko vs Shana for me, so I voted Kuroneko since she had a better chance here, 3 was a bit tough between Saten, Haruhi, and Mio though .
MAL
Old 2012-06-21, 11:11   Link #2015
hinakatbklyn

* (It was going to be either Ruri or Yui-nyan only. Ruri is my #3 and Yui would have trouble with the competition she has to contend with)
* (Rin or Minatsu)
ARENA 03: Akiyama Mio Tsukamoto Yakumo Flower Matō Sakura Hanabishi Miki [Saten Ruiko] Suzumiya Haruhi
ARENA 05: Shimada Minami Shiomiya Shiori [Fear Kubrick] Suzutsuki Kanade Sanzen'in Nagi Holo Ikaros
* (5 I could have easily voted for in this group)
Old 2012-06-21, 11:41   Link #2016
Darth Atma
Rookie Member

ARENA 02: Tōsaka Rin Victorique de Blois Shiina Minatsu Hisui [Ichinose Kotomi] Tsugumi Kōsaka Kirino
ARENA 04: Kohaku [Teletha Testarossa] Takahara Ayumi Tainaka Ritsu Tsukamoto Tenma Karakuri Chachamaru Uiharu Kazari
ARENA 05: Shimada Minami Shiomiya Shiori [Fear Kubrick] Suzutsuki Kanade Sanzen'in Nagi Holo Ikaros
ARENA 09: Ariel, Chris [Abstained] Chitanda Eru, Ibara Mayaka

全力で黒猫を応援する!!
Old 2012-06-21, 11:59   Link #2017
SirWence
~Connoisseur~

Please Support Saber

ARENA 01: Aisaka Taiga Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) [Saber] Yui Shana Eucliwood Hellscythe Nagato Yuki
ARENA 02: Tōsaka Rin Victorique de Blois Shiina Minatsu [Hisui] Ichinose Kotomi Tsugumi Kōsaka Kirino
ARENA 03: Akiyama Mio [Tsukamoto Yakumo] Flower Matō Sakura Hanabishi Miki Saten Ruiko Suzumiya Haruhi
ARENA 04: Kohaku [Teletha Testarossa] Takahara Ayumi Tainaka Ritsu Tsukamoto Tenma Karakuri Chachamaru Uiharu Kazari
ARENA 07: [Morishima Haruka] Hanato Kobato
ARENA 09: [Ariel, Chris] Chitanda Eru, Ibara Mayaka
Old 2012-06-21, 12:06   Link #2018
broken270
Defying gravity

I'm curious about the necklace round and the tag team exhibition round.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-21, 15:05   Link #2019
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Please LORD, let Holo win!

ARENA 02: Tōsaka Rin Victorique de Blois Shiina Minatsu Hisui Ichinose Kotomi [Tsugumi] Kōsaka Kirino
ARENA 03: Akiyama Mio Tsukamoto Yakumo Flower [Matō Sakura] Hanabishi Miki Saten Ruiko Suzumiya Haruhi
ARENA 04: Kohaku Teletha Testarossa Takahara Ayumi Tainaka Ritsu [Tsukamoto Tenma] Karakuri Chachamaru Uiharu Kazari
Old 2012-06-21, 16:17   Link #2020
Deathscyther

ARENA 01: [Aisaka Taiga] Gokō Ruri (Kuroneko) Saber Yui Shana Eucliwood Hellscythe Nagato Yuki
ARENA 03: Akiyama Mio Tsukamoto Yakumo Flower Matō Sakura Hanabishi Miki Saten Ruiko [Suzumiya Haruhi]
ARENA 04: Kohaku Teletha Testarossa [Takahara Ayumi] Tainaka Ritsu Tsukamoto Tenma Karakuri Chachamaru Uiharu Kazari
ARENA 09: [Ariel, Chris] Chitanda Eru, Ibara Mayaka

Tags
isml, saimoe, tournament