AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-13, 08:00   Link #10081
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Well realistically the time travel concept was always in play but most of it thought it would happen with Kurumi i must admit that the way they've done this isnt quite what i would've liked. Origami travelling in time and finding out she's the one who killed her parents is a bit irritating if anything else. But besides that i'm still curious mostly about why Origami was so obsessed with shidou when the series began. And like everyone i'm wondering how Origami will be once she returns to normal it'll be amusing in many ways
No. The part when Origami found out that she was her parents killer was awesome story-wise. problem is, he set the standard too high for the conclusion.

1.If he prevents her parents from dying, the current Origami will disappear and would cause some time wreckage(Tohka especially, since she was the one that practically fought her the whole time she came over to tenguu). She might also lose her stalker abilities(Remind you that she became like that because Shidou is her only paradise left in her).

2.Shidou can convince Origami to accept the fact that she killed her own parents and fix the inverse (How the heck are you going to convince someone that, "Oh you killed your parents huh, well it's going to be alright). This scenario however, will not have any time wreckage.

basically 2 choices he can do in one volume. (Save the parents or not save the parents)

saving the parents will cause a time paradox and might make (Vol 1-10) meaningless.

(Around 70% rate for happening)-not saving the parents will cause Origami to be emotionless and dead inside, giving him practically a hard time trying to fix her. The Spirits are injured, Kotori and Fraxinus-rangers are MIA. Ellen is most probably going to appear again. Origami probably killed many people since she appeared out of nowhere(unless the author place the "Oh luckily no one die scenario").

Sorry, i am quite jumpy because of the chain of disappointing manga endings for these past few days.
Old 2014-09-13, 08:35   Link #10082
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
No. The part when Origami found out that she was her parents killer was awesome story-wise. problem is, he set the standard too high for the conclusion.

1.If he prevents her parents from dying, the current Origami will disappear and would cause some time wreckage(Tohka especially, since she was the one that practically fought her the whole time she came over to tenguu). She might also lose her stalker abilities(Remind you that she became like that because Shidou is her only paradise left in her).

2.Shidou can convince Origami to accept the fact that she killed her own parents and fix the inverse (How the heck are you going to convince someone that, "Oh you killed your parents huh, well it's going to be alright). This scenario however, will not have any time wreckage.

basically 2 choices he can do in one volume. (Save the parents or not save the parents)

saving the parents will cause a time paradox and might make (Vol 1-10) meaningless.

(Around 70% rate for happening)-not saving the parents will cause Origami to be emotionless and dead inside, giving him practically a hard time trying to fix her. The Spirits are injured, Kotori and Fraxinus-rangers are MIA. Ellen is most probably going to appear again. Origami probably killed many people since she appeared out of nowhere(unless the author place the "Oh luckily no one die scenario").

Sorry, i am quite jumpy because of the chain of disappointing manga endings for these past few days.
then dont read FT cause thats worse. I found the origami thing irritating personally but thats me o well we shall see what happens i look forward to your excellent work
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 09:01   Link #10083
kinematic0

Quote:
The Spirits are injured, Kotori and Fraxinus-rangers are MIA. Ellen is most probably going to appear again. Origami probably killed many people since she appeared out of nowhere(unless the author place the "Oh luckily no one die scenario").
I think Ellen's sister Karen will appear since now is Ratatoskr critical moment. For the no one die scenario I think this is not the first time the author use that. When inverse Tohka used her ultimate attack and caused massive damage to Tenguu City I'm quite surprise that there isn't any casualties.
kinematic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 09:29   Link #10084
LoveYouSaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Down View Post
Yoshino and Miku can fly:

-Yoshino: S1 episode 4 (she escapes from AST) and 5 (she escapes from AST). S2 episode 9 (she flies where shidou is with Miku and yamais) and 10 (She tries to stop inverse Tohka to attack Shidou)
-Miku: S2 episode 5 (She encounters with AST and starts "playing" with them) and 9 (She comes in the building through the window when Shidou was about to lose. On floor 14th)

Supposing all the spirits can fly it wouldn't be suprise if Shidou does it sooner or later as well. Since he's human I though it was impossible but perhaps if he uses Raphael it's possible
Ah, yes, thanks for pointing out those instances. I always thought Yoshino needed Zadkiel needed to fly, but after looking back at S1 ep4, there was an scene where she was flying and dodging bullets on her own.

Quote:
The author really should have avoided the time travel concept. just thinking about it gives me the headache.
Stories involving time travel are bound to be complicated. But Stein Gates did a pretty good job of narrating the time travel aspects, and used time travel to provide a smart but simple solution to the story's central problem. If Date a Live could pull something similar and make the time travel thing tie seamlessly with the story developed so far such that it looks like it was all planned from the start, then it would be very good.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 09:31   Link #10085
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinematic0 View Post
I think Ellen's sister Karen will appear since now is Ratatoskr critical moment. For the no one die scenario I think this is not the first time the author use that. When inverse Tohka used her ultimate attack and caused massive damage to Tenguu City I'm quite surprise that there isn't any casualties.
Because this is reading material for young people? So therefore, no sex scenes and no deaths allowed? It's quite simple. The youth don't want anything sad to happen. There's a ray of sunshine out there, that's what they believe.

Quote:

That's basically it, Riki. Those two scenarios make the volume confusing. Save the parents, and risk losing everything you had in the previous life. Let the parents die, and see the world get covered in eternal darkness. But at least we know that she is saved. It's a matter of how he did it.

Discussing it further won't help. We'll just have to wait until the 20th.

Pick whatever link, it doesn't matter. It's the same story.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 09:35   Link #10086
Riki
ランダム王

Oh well, guess i need to save up the energy for the crazy paradox of Japanese to Eng.
Old 2014-09-13, 09:40   Link #10087
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
That's basically it, Riki. Those two scenarios make the volume confusing. Save the parents, and risk losing everything you had in the previous life. Let the parents die, and see the world get covered in eternal darkness. But at least we know that she is saved. It's a matter of how he did it.

Discussing it further won't help. We'll just have to wait until the 20th.
I always assumed that since she became a spirit she would be immune to the changes brought about by Shido's actions. That is, even if the timeline changed, she would still remember everything and still be a spirit, but when they returned her parents would be alive and she could live happily with them. Unless the changes somehow resulted in spirit!Origami becoming separate from child!Origami due to the previously mentioned (possible) immunity to timeline changes.

...we really do need to wait for the book to come out.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 10:49   Link #10088
farios

Quote:

Actually 2 would be impossible because only Origami knows the fact(that she killed her own parents) and i don't think she still has the consciousness required to even speak, let alone tell it to anyone
Old 2014-09-13, 11:00   Link #10089
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by farios View Post
Actually 2 would be impossible because only Origami knows the fact(that she killed her own parents) and i don't think she still has the consciousness required to even speak, let alone tell it to anyone
Did you forget that now Shidou is in the past, and that he may and probably will find out that Origami vaporized her mom and dad? Here's guessing that he witnesses the first time Origami meets Shidou, sees what happens, and then speaks those very words to break her out of her ... state.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 11:00   Link #10090
Jonas Down

Guys, I've been searching information about Shidou. I don't know if you've already known this but anyway I'll post it. Adam Kadmon (the original man). In the sephirot system adam kadmon represents the whole tree. Do you think adman kadmon is actually shidou?
Jonas Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 11:04   Link #10091
Superbia

Quote:

The first scenerio can be fixed by not having Origami's parents meet up with her in the past so everyone still thinks they're dead. Ratatoskr should arrive in the town soon since I think Kotori mentioned that she was picked up by them shortly after she became a spirit and Shidou sealed her. And since Origami mentioned that she has a relative in the AST, the parents may be aware of spirits so it's possible Shidou somehow convinced them and Ratatoskr to hide them until Origami snaps in order to keep the timeline accurate.

I could throw in a theory about Shidou going to Ratatoskr and convincing them that his younger self could be used to seal spirits and that his power would mean they wouldn't need to kill the spirits and in doing making most of what happened in the story because of his action in the past, but that would remind me too much of a certain other series with time travel about a guy dating girls to save them.

And the second scenerio seems difficult, but this series is all about Shidou helping girls in situations like that and Origami's sealing would be too easy unless he had to go that far.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 11:12   Link #10092
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Did you forget that now Shidou is in the past, and that he may and probably will find out that Origami vaporized her mom and dad? Here's guessing that he witnesses the first time Origami meets Shidou, sees what happens, and then speaks those very words to break her out of her ... state.
Yeah, i misunderstand Riki's post i thought he was referring to Origami's return to the past (vol 10) not the next volume's conclusion
Old 2014-09-13, 11:41   Link #10093
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbia View Post
The first scenerio can be fixed by not having Origami's parents meet up with her in the past so everyone still thinks they're dead. Ratatoskr should arrive in the town soon since I think Kotori mentioned that she was picked up by them shortly after she became a spirit and Shidou sealed her. And since Origami mentioned that she has a relative in the AST, the parents may be aware of spirits so it's possible Shidou somehow convinced them and Ratatoskr to hide them until Origami snaps in order to keep the timeline accurate.

I could throw in a theory about Shidou going to Ratatoskr and convincing them that his younger self could be used to seal spirits and that his power would mean they wouldn't need to kill the spirits and in doing making most of what happened in the story because of his action in the past, but that would remind me too much of a certain other series with time travel about a guy dating girls to save them.

And the second scenerio seems difficult, but this series is all about Shidou helping girls in situations like that and Origami's sealing would be too easy unless he had to go that far.
thats pretty much steins gate scenario, yup...that also what im thinking but i dont think it will be that easy, with origami inside her own mind, even her parents voice wont be enough to break her out, and may required shidou to "dive in" just like that movie from 90's (entering psychopath mind, forget the name) and finding origami mental state regressed to a child (that cute doggie picture of origami) and try taking her out from it, finding her inverse form satan there and fight it...
Old 2014-09-13, 11:47   Link #10094
ZodiacBeast
Dreaming Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
thats pretty much steins gate scenario, yup...that also what im thinking but i dont think it will be that easy, with origami inside her own mind, even her parents voice wont be enough to break her out, and may required shidou to "dive in" just like that movie from 90's (entering psychopath mind, forget the name) and finding origami mental state regressed to a child (that cute doggie picture of origami) and try taking her out from it, finding her inverse form satan there and fight it...
The Cell? Well, that would be cool.

Still want to see child and spirit split off from each other. Dunno why, guess time travel hurts my brain.

"Lincoln had potential. However, his weakness was he couldn't handle bullets." - Hoshimiya Kate
ZodiacBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 16:40   Link #10095
digitalak27

I wonder how the original ending would have been if DAL had only been 10 volumes. I always suspected that Origami was the mysterious voice during Shidou's dream after he met Tohka. Looking at this time traveling event, what if Origami screwed something up, got Shidou killed and tried to do everything again like "Clannad after story" style?
Btw I'm just nonchalantly guessing the theory, but also what if she get her different timeline memory back, giving her a personality and a explanation of the cheerful dog picture.
digitalak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 14:38   Link #10096
Death Usagi
Banned

6 more days left... God seriously can't wait!
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 23:09   Link #10097
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Guys, was there ever a table or anything on that sort that documents the girls' 3 sizes? I'm thinking of using that as reference. I don't think there was any to begin with, though.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 23:10   Link #10098
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Guys, was there ever a table or anything on that sort that documents the girls' 3 sizes? I'm thinking of using that as reference. I don't think there was any to begin with, though.
There is for the spirits up to vol7...somewhere on here.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 23:16   Link #10099
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Tohka: 158cm, B84/W58/H83

Kotori: 145cm, B72/W53/H74

Origami: 152cm, B75/W55/H79

Yoshino: 144cm, B73/W55/H78

Kurumi: 157cm, B85/W59/H87

Kaguya: 157cm, B79/W56/H81

Yuzuru: 158cm, B90/W61/H86

Miku: 165cm, B94/W63/H88

No Natsumi yet.
Old 2014-09-14, 23:37   Link #10100
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
No Natsumi yet.
Figures, I managed to track a chart that includes the predicted stats for her... Too bad, I was targeting her measurements

I can always fire up a 2D turnaround with approximations, but I really wish I don't have to. Oh well, time to go about it the hard way. Besides, I still need turnarounds for reference planes

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy