AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2013-08-09, 23:39   Link #221
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Here's two that i found.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCt_...cMjnceA/videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/WoWxDerekson/videos
Old 2013-08-10, 09:51   Link #222
faiz blaster

Sorry...

In my bout of frustration, I ended up letting things too vague. I actually was referring to the Total Eclipse Visual Novel....
Old 2013-08-10, 10:12   Link #223
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Nope. Sorry. All i found were MuvLuv Trilogy Let's Play videos.
Old 2013-08-12, 21:13   Link #224
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just read some of Schwartzermarken and Total Eclipse. Whily not having much complain about the plot and characters, I seriourly doubt their artistic value. To put it simply, the stories don't have a styte that distinguished them to other VNs!
So the question here is why? Is it because of the authors, the translators, or it is simply how VN is it?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 07:35   Link #225
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I'm not actually sure what you're saying here.

I mean, aren't all anime artistically similar nowadays?
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 08:07   Link #226
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Alastor: I mean it didn't have any thing special. They are all just the same, even the characters's emotional is from the same mold. To put it simply, the novel isn't "alive" to me!
Old 2013-08-13, 09:16   Link #227
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Certain things are always reflected throughout the works of fiction, because people enjoy reading them, and the writers have to sell their writing.

That said, I've read Schwarzemarken and Total Eclipse (as much as you can, at any rate), and I literally cannot see how they're identical. I mean sure, they share the same setting, but each cast has their own distinct character design or problems.
Old 2013-08-13, 09:22   Link #228
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

No, no. I mean the whole Anime-Game-Novel-Manga quadlirateral! Just wish to see characters and stories that could touch to the audiance's core!
And maybe finanncial is the main reason turning LN from something elegant to enjoy into... Nothingness!
Old 2013-08-13, 09:28   Link #229
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I, uh...

Honestly?

I think it's just you. It all depends on your personal opinion. I'm pretty touched by Schwarzemarken, if only because I'm very well familiar with what kind of hell Schwarz crew has o deal with, plus the entire story takes place in an area that I'm familiar with. So in a way, I find Schwarzemarken far more appealing and serious that Alternative itself.
Old 2013-08-13, 09:36   Link #230
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, then I expected more! More "realistic", Tom Clancy's style characters, that is all. Something that you DID with Comet!
And we all know Alternative is nothing more than scrap!
P/S: Where exactly are you from? I could only pinpoint Northern Europe!
Old 2013-08-13, 09:53   Link #231
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I wouldn't exactly call Alternative scrap either...

At the end of the day, no story about that involves giant robots and aliens from space is going to be...realistic. Muv-Luv tries, at very least, but a lot of things in it still require suspension of disbelief. Which is the same with pretty much all mecha franchise: Front Mission, Armored Core, Gundam are all pretty unrealistic by themselves.

And while I'm flattered by the Comet comment, it was not a story that, at it's core, was written to be exactly realistic. Yes, it's written in a way that emulates realism, but again, at the end of the day, it's a story that revolves around armored robots, and 50s era conspiracy nuking the USA and getting away with it. Stories also get this advantage that writers have a greater leeway in setting up the laws and rules of the universe, and making action consistent with them, than animators, because these have to cram the source material into a finite amount of tape. A chapter in a book can simultaneously show several perspectives all at once, which is harder to do in a movie, or an animation. Or a short novel, which is meant to take up only a few hours of your time; and that's what all Light Novels are.

I'm from Poland. Sylwia's and Sandek's home country. I don't live there.
Old 2013-08-17, 22:13   Link #232
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Well, then I expected more! More "realistic", Tom Clancy's style characters, that is all. Something that you DID with Comet!
And we all know Alternative is nothing more than scrap!
P/S: Where exactly are you from? I could only pinpoint Northern Europe!
Tom Clancy is about the one thing most removed from reality....save perhaps James Bond...
Old 2013-08-17, 23:34   Link #233
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
More "realistic", Tom Clancy's style characters, that is all.
- Realistic characters? Tom Clancy? You don't actually read english, do you? Tom Clancy's novel characters are as 2-dimensional as a credit card. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, as usual.

Do us a favor. Do us all a favor: Stop posting and do your own research instead of telling US how to write our fanifiction/enjoy our anime. You and that moron brother of yours.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 02:05   Link #234
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Just read some of Schwartzermarken and Total Eclipse. Whily not having much complain about the plot and characters, I seriourly doubt their artistic value. To put it simply, the stories don't have a styte that distinguished them to other VNs!
So the question here is why? Is it because of the authors, the translators, or it is simply how VN is it?
The art of Muv-Luv is really unappealing to me - it's always been the plot, characters, and world falling apart that they did right.

Quote:
Realistic characters? Tom Clancy? You don't actually read english, do you? Tom Clancy's novel characters are as 2-dimensional as a credit card. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, as usual.
On the contrary, do you read English? He put "realistic" in quotes.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 03:32   Link #235
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
On the contrary, do you read English?
- No, apparently I don't. It's the trendy thing nowadays, to type in words you don't understand on the internet and pretend you're smarter than everyone else.

...have you bothered to read his past posts on this and every other forum he's posted on? Maybe you'll start to understand my reaction.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-08-18 at 03:43.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 06:29   Link #236
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Realistic characters? Tom Clancy? You don't actually read english, do you? Tom Clancy's novel characters are as 2-dimensional as a credit card. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, as usual.

Do us a favor. Do us all a favor: Stop posting and do your own research instead of telling US how to write our fanifiction/enjoy our anime. You and that moron brother of yours.
You might calling me a fool and sissy, but NEVER INSULT MY BROTHER!

Have you ever seen a 7-years old kid reading "Wars and Peace" for 18 hours straight?
Old 2013-08-18, 08:57   Link #237
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

And that makes you special?

Okay, I stopped laughing now.

Well, I guess I should be impressed? Because I've read War and Peace a long time ago, and it's incredibly boring. It's also Russian. That said, do you know how many people have said that? How kids know several languages at young age; how many of the read books, etc. etc.? Thousands. Maybe millions. How many of them are truly *special*? How many of them achieve something more than their compatriots?

A few. Maybe a dozen.
You are not special. You are one of the billions of people inhabiting Earth, and your ranting, and boasting about how young you are achieve absolutely nothing, other than to make you look silly. To paraphrase, it's like a speck of dust, struggling against cosmic wind.

To be perfectly honest: I'm growing tired of your self-righteous, "know-it-all" attitude. You claim to read a lot, yet your claims in your post indicate that you know little, and tend to lack the understanding of the very works you are trying to debate. We have done much to try and help you, and expand your understanding, but everyone's patience has limits.

And as I can see, these limits have been spectacularly broken.
Good day, sir.
Old 2013-08-18, 09:37   Link #238
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Alastor: You are right, as always. I failed, and this might be the last time I dare to post something on it. But that kid is my brother, and he is a better part of me.

Sorry for wasting your time. I am young and arrogant - actually 7, for the record - and so I am asking for your forgiveness.

Thank you.
Old 2013-08-18, 11:34   Link #239
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- No, apparently I don't. It's the trendy thing nowadays, to type in words you don't understand on the internet and pretend you're smarter than everyone else.

...have you bothered to read his past posts on this and every other forum he's posted on? Maybe you'll start to understand my reaction.
I read all his posts in this thread and he hasn't exactly posted anything atrocious enough to warrant your statement telling him to GTFO. Can't be bothered to stalk the rest of him.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote