Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-02, 20:32   Link #201
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
I'm way too lazy to go count by hand, but here are the number of thread search results for each of the following search terms. (These are just people mentioning the shows, not necessarily saying they're interested, but there should be some correlation).

59 - Gosick
35 - Todoke
35 = Musuko (17) + Wandering (18)
31 - Merry
30 - Beelzebub
30 - Fractale
22 - Stratos
18 - Crisis
13 - Mitsudomoe
12 - Madoka
12 - Zombie
11 - Starry
9 - Wolverine
8 - Rainbow
4 - Freezing
3 - Nyarlko
3 - Vanguard
3 - Level
the following had no hits (maybe I suck at searching)
Oniichan / Brother
Suite / Precure
Mai / Family

Gosick has a big lead!

*Disclaimer: This is unscientific and not really indicative of anything. But I thought it was interesting. Feel free to suggest alternative names I should add to the results like I did with wandering son + houro musuko. Also, point out any mistakes I made
Only trouble is Madoka wasn't on the list at the start of this thread, but if you look at the thread for the series it's pretty dam anticipated .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 20:47   Link #202
broken270
Defying gravity

I am definitely watching:
Kimi ni Todoke 2 - I love this series. I'm hoping for a great season.
Mitsudomoe 2 - I have watched the first season; I might as well watch the second one.
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - Due to hype from Arakawa Under the Brigde 2, I have gotten highly interested in this. I will hope this is a great show.
Go Sick - Due to hype from forums, I am highly curious as to why everyone else is interested in it. I will hope to enjoy this one as well.

Will probably watch:
Haiyoru! Nyaruani: Remember My Mr. Love (Craft-Sensei)
Rio ~Rainbow Gate~
Merry Dream Eater
I don't like you at all, big brother
Is this a Zombie?
Dragon Crisis
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 00:55   Link #203
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken270 View Post
Dragon Crisis
Yeah, this one has me totally confused where I'll have to check it out and it's going to either be amazing or it'll be dropped like a rock. The premise is straight out of something I'd absolutely hate, but on the other hand somehow the trailer was pure elemental action awesomeness with style and it's got some of the Read or Die animation staff on it which shows in the trailer's animation and stylishness and the various elemental "dragons" and agents and stuff, but that premise is still lingering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Umm...;;
Yumekui Merry is a Seinen manga... and action oriented. I have really high premise on it.
This has me really excited for it as I learned more about it in the thread too, my most anticipated show, already really hoping it breaks out so it's not limited to just 12/13.

Almost didn't realize it till now listing it all out, surprisingly potentially busy season for me.

Most anticipated are:
Yumekui Merry (Incredible trailer. Everything looks/sounds good and even better the more I read/hear, the great stylish action/animation, Merry sounds great, a non-sucky male lead, Soul Eater-flavored dreamworld designs)
Gosick (Bones and I love mystery)
Infinite Stratos (Mecha action and the art looks good, love the Gundam-tinged great-looking CG mech battles, don't want to see them wasted, hoping it's got a bigger story to go with it's nice character and setting designs tho)
Freezing (The action and weightiness of the events in the trailer looks good if that's real and it's really got a story like that and it's not just fanservice)
Wolverine (Iron Man's blandness really worries me though)
and I'm interested to learn what Fractale actually is since it looks like epic adventure.

Also will definitely check out Beelzebub since it's getting a lot of praise, really enjoy comedy and it's about time we got a good big non-romcom comedy/action-comedy, the main guy sounds fun, and I like the blond girl's design.

Really want to see the new .hack//Quantum OVA series as a big fan of the franchise as well as Tailenders which looks great (can't wait to see Redline) and curious about the Iron Vendetta mecha pilot film/potential series.
Not counting shows I'm watching that I'm continuing, but OVA wise, more Black Lagoon, Gundam Unicorn, Break Blade.

Most unsure about: Dragon Crisis

Will probably give a bunch of others a short try, like Level E since it's supposedly a big old title, Magical Girl Madoka Magica since Shinbo and especially the awesome Yuki Kajiura doing magical girl is just really surprising so no idea what to expect, maybe Hourou Musuko, not my kind of show but at least a quick look for the artstyle, maybe that zombie thing and will probably check out Cardfight in preparation to watch some occasional eps of the new Yugioh in Spring for childish fun if the card battles are followable like in original Yugioh which finally got better again in 5Ds at least when I've casually caught an ep of the dub here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANSY View Post
Is't true that Soul eater has a 2nd season?!

Haven't even seen rumors so I guess wishful thinking post? If only man, if only I'd love more Soul Eater animation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Infinite Stratos' premise sounds interesting, but it's one of those types of shows that I find can either be Kampfer-esque or Nanoha-esque. If it takes itself pretty seriously it could be a great action-packed suspenseful anime, but it could also just be a visually appealing fanservice-driven show. Which is fine (I largely enjoyed Kampfer), but that doesn't appeal to me quite as much as something a bit more suspenseful like Nanoha's animes are.
Agreed I know what you're getting at, I also hope that Infinite Stratos gets enough episodes, even if it takes a second set of 12/13 eps, for us to see them take on whatever it is their training/dueling to fight against so that we actually get to see it and to see them push it to the next level, especially since I really love the action and CG animation in those trailers for those action scenes and it's got nice character designs and setting art, too good to squander on light action and standard harem/fanservice.

Freezing is in a similar spot for me, it's got a lot of fanservicey stuff with the clothes getting cut up in the action scenes but those cuts are also drawing blood making the fights more striking than the usual fanservice action show so I'm curious to see if it can deliver the serious action story goods.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-01-04 at 03:24.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 06:51   Link #204
Vento

Winter 2011 certainly has a very strong lineup. Some of the shows I'm anticipating is -

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika - Because of the interesting collaborations, lol

Yumekui Merry - I saw that it has an interesting plot. After learning that it's action orientated and seinen, I'm definitely watching it.

IS Infinite Stratos - Like above, I also agree with most of the points. If done right, it could be just as good as Nanoha, which I would certainly enjoy. For one, I sure hope it won't turn into the typical harem/fanservice type of shows..

Wolverine - I plan to watch all the Marvel/Madhouse anime, which they are planning to animate 4 Marvel superheroes of them in total. That being said, I haven't even got time to start Ironman yet...

FREEZING - maybe will be watching this one since I like KuroKami (from the same manhwa author) But well, actually one of the main reason I'm interested is that it's a manhwa itself (pretty stupid reason I know but meh...) Manhwa are very underrated sometimes and rarely gets any attention, let alone getting an anime adaption. But still, the show looks very fanservicey to me so I'm kinda worried. On another note, I sure hope The Breaker gets an anime adaption too some day...

Beelzebub - The manga is very famous now and it's getting a lot of hype everywhere I go. I was about to read the manga myself but since it's getting an anime adaption, I might as well wait for it first.

Gosick - Another famous stuff and I'll be checking this out too to see what's the hype about

Dragon Crisis! - Well this setting seems interesting. Relics and dragons set in a modern settings. Probably will watch this.

Kore wa Zombie Desuka - Because it has pretty nice character designs. Well not really zombie-like but that will have to wait until I watch the show to give more comments on them. Hopefully it's not as phail as HOTD...

LEVEL E - Seems famous. This is an old classics remake it seems. The creator this had made epic manga such as Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter too so yea.. maybe will be trying this...
Vento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 17:31   Link #205
DangerMouse

Yeah, still finding it totally bizarre that those guys are doing a magical girl show, really wonder what that's going to be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vento View Post
On another note, I sure hope The Breaker gets an anime adaption too some day...
Cool art from the link to the homepage on the wiki where you can apparently see some samples, what's it actually about?
Old 2011-01-04, 20:54   Link #206
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Yeah, still finding it totally bizarre that those guys are doing a magical girl show, really wonder what that's going to be like....
I also was surprised, to be honest. I kinda like the Nanoha series, though, so maybe this show will surprise me in a good way?

BTW - I approve of your avy Dangermouse.
Old 2011-01-05, 02:02   Link #207
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
I also was surprised, to be honest. I kinda like the Nanoha series, though, so maybe this show will surprise me in a good way?

BTW - I approve of your avy Dangermouse.
Your's too. Yes! Another Shangri-La/Kuniko fan
Old 2011-01-06, 11:59   Link #208
Tsuyukusa
King of Carrot Flowers

Definitely going to watch:
Merry Dream Eater
Fractale
Future Diary

I'll give it a chance:
Gosick
.Hack//Quantum
Mazinkaizer SKL
Beezlebub

Doesn't look like something I would be into:
Haiyoru Nyarlko: Remember My Love
Starry Sky
Rio
Kimi ni Todoke
Infinite Stratos
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Wolverine
Freezing
Cardfight!! Vanguard
Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu
Is This a Zombie?
Dragon Crisis
Level E
Wandering Son
Suite Precure
Mai's Magic and Family Day
Armored Trooper Votoms: Votoms Finder
Dream C Club Pure Songs Clips
Goulart Knights
Armored Trooper Votoms: Alone Again
Supernatural
T.P. Sakura
Tailenders
Koisento
Morita-san wa Mukichi
Houkago no Pleiades

*Facepalm*
I don't like you at all, Big Brother!
Yuri Seijin Naoko-san
Tsuyukusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 15:47   Link #209
strawberrypop

Definitely Watching:
Infinite Stratos
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Gosick
Rio
Houkago no Pleiades

Will Probably Watch/ or Later:
Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu
Merry Dream Eater
Dragon Crisis
Beezlebub
Freezing
strawberrypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 22:15   Link #210
Vento

Quote:
Cool art from the link to the homepage on the wiki where you can apparently see some samples, what's it actually about?
About martial arts, well, not everyone cup of tea but I do like it. It's a really great manhwa imo.
Vento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 03:50   Link #211
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vento View Post
About martial arts, well, not everyone cup of tea but I do like it. It's a really great manhwa imo.
Cool, I like martial arts action works and the art's definitely strong and detailed enough to make that look good too. Doesn't look licensed, guess I'll need to look if any of it's been scanlated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyukusa View Post
Future Diary
Is this the same Future Diary with the manga with like a black cover and pink haired girl and a guy in the background with a cell phone and something about his cell phone messages being from the future?

I remember reading the back of the manga and thinking it sounded interesting, I should look out for this show if this is the same thing?

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-01-07 at 04:03.
Old 2011-01-07, 11:59   Link #212
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Is this the same Future Diary with the manga with like a black cover and pink haired girl and a guy in the background with a cell phone and something about his cell phone messages being from the future?

I remember reading the back of the manga and thinking it sounded interesting, I should look out for this show if this is the same thing?
It is,but turns out the OVA that came out was an 8 min trailer.

So you could watch it and then decide if you want to read the manga.
Old 2011-01-07, 18:14   Link #213
Shyne

I think the ones I will look at first are Haiyoru, Gosick, Yumeku Merry, and Fractle plus the Angel Beats OAD.

Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 04:42   Link #214
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne View Post
I think the ones I will look at first are Haiyoru, Gosick, Yumeku Merry, and Fractle plus the Angel Beats OAD.
Angel Beats unaired episode is not OAD but OVA.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 13:32   Link #215
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Except Mitsudomoe for Comedy show. I give my hope for Fractale for a decent storyline.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-08, 22:27   Link #216
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
It is,but turns out the OVA that came out was an 8 min trailer.

So you could watch it and then decide if you want to read the manga.
Ah, thanks.
Old 2011-01-09, 14:11   Link #217
moncikoma

cant wait for the macross ...2nd movie..
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series