AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 30 20.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 19.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 22.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 13.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 18 12.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-25, 18:19   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam 00, Episode 16.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
note: Poll is closed until the episode airs in Japan, for obvious reasons.
  • Episode 16 will be broadcasted this 26th january at 6:00 PM (Japan Time Zone),
    which means this 26th january at 9:00AM (GMT 00).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-01-25 at 20:26.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 18:39   Link #2
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Wow we're early for this today rather than just on time. Very good. I wonder what people are looking to the most, the coming conflict or what voice Rie Kugimiya is going to use for Nena.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 19:07   Link #3
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I expect a massacre for this episode.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 19:34   Link #4
EXEs
Hallelujah...

As do I. I hope this episode will be just as good as ep 15, if not better.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 19:58   Link #5
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I'm curious to see what principles the funnels will run on? UC, AU, or an entirely different principle all together? (Obviously CE ones can't work in the atmosphere) Hopefully they don't give them a goofy name like Dragoon which I seriously think still belongs to those spinning tops in Beyblade^^... "Caris, Ple, Ple2, eat your hearts out...The funnels are coming the funnels are coming"... *Spins on street light pole*
Old 2008-01-25, 20:04   Link #6
U<3Anime
Boo!

YaY

Let the throne pwnage begin
Old 2008-01-25, 20:05   Link #7
Tangerine

Episode 16, recap?
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 20:06   Link #8
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Hopefully they don't give them a goofy name like Dragoon
Their called GN Fangs.
Old 2008-01-25, 21:00   Link #9
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I'm curious to see what principles the funnels will run on? UC, AU, or an entirely different principle all together? (Obviously CE ones can't work in the atmosphere) Hopefully they don't give them a goofy name like Dragoon which I seriously think still belongs to those spinning tops in Beyblade^^... "Caris, Ple, Ple2, eat your hearts out...The funnels are coming the funnels are coming"... *Spins on street light pole*
Actually, the GN Fangs can work more easily in 00 than either CE or UC universes. The fact that some form of anti-gravity has been invented by CB means the Fangs don't need thrusters to levitate in atmosphere. And as for controls, we have the all-mighty Haro.
Old 2008-01-25, 21:08   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Their called GN Fangs.
For the record let it be known that I hate that name. I wish they'd start getting a little more creative with the weapons then GN [Insert Metaphor Here]. In just the last few episodes we've seen the GN Bazooka Burst Mode, GN Arms and now GN Fangs. Still beats Dragoons though.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 21:12   Link #11
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Actually, the GN Fangs can work more easily in 00 than either CE or UC universes. The fact that some form of anti-gravity has been invented by CB means the Fangs don't need thrusters to levitate in atmosphere. And as for controls, we have the all-mighty Haro.
Yeah it looks like the GN Fangs operate on the same "float" technology that the Gundams themselves seem to have. In the preview, they emit the same red GN particles when moving in the atmosphere, but in the opening animation they can move in space without any sign of the red GN particles emitting.

Btw, I don't think they're controlled by a Haro, since they're part of the Zwei, piloted by Michael. The Haro's with Nina, who pilots the Drei.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 21:21   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
Episode 16, recap?
As of yet we don't know. Though if we are going to see recap material in this episode, it won't be for the full episode, that's for sure.
Old 2008-01-25, 21:31   Link #13
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Yeah it looks like the GN Fangs operate on the same "float" technology that the Gundams themselves seem to have. In the preview, they emit the same red GN particles when moving in the atmosphere, but in the opening animation they can move in space without any sign of the red GN particles emitting.

Btw, I don't think they're controlled by a Haro, since they're part of the Zwei, piloted by Michael. The Haro's with Nina, who pilots the Drei.
mmmm so far any gundam can move without GN particles. The GN particles are likr Minovsky particles from the UC, so far it's used to jam radars, stealth and weapon power up. So the red one is probably the same as the green one, maybe more powerful . and yes, I think Haro is just there for assist. kinda hard for Dynames aim shot and try to defend at the same time eh

PS: can't wait until 16 comes out, should be within 12 hours
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 22:25   Link #14
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Their called GN Fangs.
Do they really need to put GN in front of almost all of their weapons? They should just call it Fangs (though that doesn't sound really good, as I think about it ). Should be exiting to see Throne in action, I hope they aren't too over powerful, but after all three power used so much resources on the 4 Gundams, the Thrones will probably look stronger then they should be.
Old 2008-01-25, 22:27   Link #15
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

wow.. very early @.@
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 22:38   Link #16
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Been excited about this, hope it won't disappoint.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 22:42   Link #17
Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrana View Post
mmmm so far any gundam can move without GN particles. The GN particles are likr Minovsky particles from the UC, so far it's used to jam radars, stealth and weapon power up. So the red one is probably the same as the green one, maybe more powerful . and yes, I think Haro is just there for assist. kinda hard for Dynames aim shot and try to defend at the same time eh

PS: can't wait until 16 comes out, should be within 12 hours
The Red GN emitting GN Drives are called T's(Tau).

The T-type GN Drive.According to Gunota.

Quote:
-Other forces-
GNW-001 Gundam Throne Eins
Head height: 18.6 m
Base weight: 67.1 t
Armament: GN Launcher, GN beam rifle, GN beam saber, GN shield
Pilot: Johann Trinity
"A Gundam from Celestial Being's second team. Throne Unit #1. The Eins, Zwei, and Drei are customizations of identical units, with the Eins specializing in high-powered, long-range artillery like the Dynames and Virtue. Its proof that it is a Gundam, the GN Drive, is a T (Tau) type which emits red GN particles that differ from other Gundams thus far. The same kind of GN Drive is equipped on the mothership used by the three Thrones with a powerful beam cannon directly connected to it."

GNW-002 Gundam Throne Zwei
Head height: 18.6 m
Base weight: 67.1 t
Armament: GN Fang, GN handgun, GN buster sword, GN beam saber
Pilot: Michael Trinity
"A Gundam from Celestial Being's second team. Throne Unit #2. Its equipped GN Drive[T] emits red particles. Second son Michael Trinity is a Gundam Meister. Its large buster sword is double-edged with a beam saber and real blade and stores GN particles in the center. In addition to being used as remotely-controlled beam rifles, the GN Fangs can also attack enemies by generating beam sabers."

GNW-003 Gundam Throne Drei
Head height: 19.4 m
Base weight: 67.7 t
Armament: GN stealth field, GN handgun, GN beam saber, GN shield pod, GN shield
Pilot: Nena Trinity
"A Gundam from Celestial Being's second team. Throne Unit #3. The youngest sister of the three Trinity siblings, Nena Trinity is a Gundam Meister. Made for combat support, its GN stealth field, which deploys GN particles over a wide range, is a powerful ability possessed only by this unit. Its GN shield pod can internally store various missles, back-up beam sabers and other such equipment that meets tactical needs."

Johann Trinity
"26-years-old. Pilot of the pseudo-GN Drive-equipped Gundam Throne Eins and leader of Team Trinity. Undertaking the mission to eradicate the world's strife, he begins armed interventions with his younger siblings Michael and Nena. A calm person who faithfully handles his given mission while he commands his problematic brother & sister. A good marksman, he handles the firing of the GN Mega Launcher equipped on the Throne Eins."

Michael Trinity
"19-years-old. Member of Team Trinity and pilot of the pseudo-GN Drive-equipped Gundam Throne Zwei. Shortsighted, he immediately bares his fangs at people who oppose him. Similar to his personality, he favors brutal tactics for mobile suit combat and specializes in attacks with the Zwei's custom wireless all-range weapon, the GN Fangs. Said to dote on his younger sister, Nena, he has a sister complex on one hand while also abiding by and complaining about orders from the eldest brother, Johann."

Nena Trinity
"17-years-old. Member of Team Trinity and pilot of the pseudo-GN Drive-equipped Gundam Throne Drei. Simple in personality, she displays self-centeredness to an extent. She doesn't change her style in battle, laughing even while opposing the taking of lives. Her Throne Drei stores a large quantity of highly concentrated, condensed GN particles and employs a GN field that transfers particles to other units and interferes extensively with communications. She's the strong support within Team Trinity. Habitually smiles and makes a V-sign with her fingers."
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 23:16   Link #18
digi.amuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Do they really need to put GN in front of almost all of their weapons? They should just call it Fangs (though that doesn't sound really good, as I think about it ). Should be exiting to see Throne in action, I hope they aren't too over powerful, but after all three power used so much resources on the 4 Gundams, the Thrones will probably look stronger then they should be.
It'd be cool if they could think up awesome names that dont relate back the GN, but lets be real about this. Its alot easier to label things as apart of a series instead of creating an individuality in name for each and every invention you make. In 00, the GN in front of the name stands out anyway from the other weaponry and conventions that are present in this series. I actually like that they keep the hax tech of CB under the GN code, so to speak. Easier to keep track of all that crap that way IMO.

Aside from that, cant wait to see the pawnage that'll hopefully be going down. for some reason I cant keep from imagining the Trinity coming to the rescue only to get pawn'd themselves.
Old 2008-01-25, 23:24   Link #19
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I just love the fact that the GN Fangs have energy blades as well as the beam guns. imagine a mech getting impaled from all sides... Sweet
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-25, 23:55   Link #20
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

No screens yet? Pfft.