AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2012-11-07, 19:32   Link #1
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
computer turning off suddenly computer get hot?

hey my computer is touch screen acer all in one computer z6250 one i am playing games like Sims or crisis 2 or even guild wars 2 bout 5 to 10 mins into game pc turn off and computer is so hot it like i could roast marshmallow on it please help me

even when computer i just turn it on after 3 hours and it cold to touch same deal

please tell me whats wrong with it

all i know some people said

1 video card
2 fan dying

then acer company tech support gave me bull shit advise

1 they stated it graphic software they state update the driver it will fix it self out no dice the no update because its already up to date.....

2 she told me to go thru bios restore it to factory setting did that never fix anything i started playing game poof computer turn off again...

3 told me to format the pc what that going to do with computer overheating known main issue is graphic or fan or even power source dying out....
Old 2012-11-07, 19:52   Link #2
Jaden

You can use a program like CPUID HWMonitor to see the temperatures reported by sensors in your PC components. That'll give you proof if it is indeed overheating, which I bet it is.

Temperatures go up in aging computers mainly because of dust buildup that blocks the airflow, and to a lesser extent deteoriation in the heat-conducting material that connects your processor and video card to the heatsink.

As for dust, it should be easy enough to open up the machine and do some cleanup, but if you're going to exchange the heat conducting material (ie. thermal paste), do your research first or get someone who knows their stuff to do it for you.

There's also a vague possibility that it is indeed a driver issue meaning that some bad drivers are causing your fans to turn off or whatever, or maybe a fan or the power supply are indeed dying.
Old 2012-11-08, 00:53   Link #3
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Any idea what kind of graphics card you are using?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 01:20   Link #4
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
You can use a program like CPUID HWMonitor to see the temperatures reported by sensors in your PC components. That'll give you proof if it is indeed overheating, which I bet it is.

Temperatures go up in aging computers mainly because of dust buildup that blocks the airflow, and to a lesser extent deterioration in the heat-conducting material that connects your processor and video card to the heatsink.

As for dust, it should be easy enough to open up the machine and do some cleanup, but if you're going to exchange the heat conducting material (ie. thermal paste), do your research first or get someone who knows their stuff to do it for you.

There's also a vague possibility that it is indeed a driver issue meaning that some bad drivers are causing your fans to turn off or whatever, or maybe a fan or the power supply are indeed dying.
Good advice here ... I'd bet that cleaning the inside of dust accumulation might be the best place to start. Easy to do and costs almost nothing except a possible puff of dust in the face or the room as it is "removed".

I'd be surprised if it was a driver issue, but who knows?

I tend to think it is moreso hardware related. How comfortable are you with fiddling around inside of a pc? All in one machines can be a bear to go inside of.

On a side note, heat issues are one of the probs with all in one machines (and laptops) in the quest for thinner and lighter and smaller, etc. I still prefer full towers with lots of room inside to allow for easier temp control and airflow and whatnot, or heavier laptops with better heat control.... Not that that relates much to your current situation.

Is your all-in-one still under warranty and can you stand for it to be away from you for a while? Might consider sending it in to be looked at by techs if it is so, especially if you are not comfortable with poking around inside the guts of a machine....
Old 2012-11-08, 06:06   Link #5
sa547
*Author

Quote:
hey my computer is touch screen acer all in one computer z6250 one i am playing games like Sims or crisis 2 or even guild wars 2 bout 5 to 10 mins into game pc turn off and computer is so hot it like i could roast marshmallow on it please help me
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3672689
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3664333
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=3662897

Have we gone through this before? Acer still not talking? Man, if I were you, back up everything to an external hard drive, trash the damned Acer once and for all, and then order up a custom-assembled gaming PC so that there will be no hardware problems.