AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-08-25, 22:43   Link #12741
Gravitas Free Zone

You're probably better off asking Tempester, he's better with them than I am.

Though after a lot of grinding I did seem to get a handle on the AMX 13 75. I just started grinding modules on the 13 90 and the final engine should help, the deaths I've had were occasions where the weak acceleration got me shot.

The 50 100 still either results in games where I can control my base instincts and do a lot of damage, or I push my luck a bit too far and get vaporized after one clip. I think I'll actually use that to refine a thought that I had upthread in this topic... my WR in the T69 is pretty bad, but I never felt like I wasn't contributing when I was using that. The 50 100 doesn't have much of a margin of error between being alive and dying uselessly.

Prefer the 4-round clip and generally better gun handling on the US autoloaders to the 6-round clip on the French. Also, with the T69 and T54E1, there's a dedicated loader. The AMX 50 100 (and up, but I haven't quite gotten there yet) spread the loader position among everyone but the driver, so almost any crew hit will put 9 seconds onto your full magazine reload.

I'll unlock the AMX 50 120 from this and hold; I have grinding projects to return to on the T54E1, Centurion (perversely enough I think I'll see if I can unlock the FV4202 before they change the British Tier 10 medium), Caernarvon (finally got this because of Tier 8 collecting completeness and masochism), E75, KV-4 (ZOMG stock is like a TOG with a bad gun), WZ-132, T-34-2, and 110.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 10:12   Link #12742
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Hey UTE, how are the french autobagettes? I want to grind the french tree in my second acc, since I have spare money and spare garage slots in there.
The first thing you need to know about French autoloaders is that their gun handling sucks. Seriously, their gun dispersion particularly when on the move is godawful. When you stop to shoot something, your actual aim time is noticeably longer than the 3-second aim time that is written on the gun description.

If you want to try out French autoloaders, be prepared to time yourself a lot. You'll be timing yourself before you stop to see if you can aim fast enough for you to fire on the opponent before they can fire on you. You'll be timing your interdrum shots to see how many of them you can fire before the enemy starts shooting at you and obliterating you. And even before all that, you'll be timing your drum reload that will leave you vulnerable as you run away or get behind cover. Will the enemy swarm you or catch up with you before your drum is full again? All of these are things you must take into consideration, especially with French autoloaders which generally have worse gun handling, worse interdrum rate of fire and worse drum reload than American autoloaders. So why play French at all? Because at high tiers (8-10), they are much faster than the American autoloaders, which is very important for flexing around the battlefield to save flanks and reset the base. The AMX 50B heavy also has better aim time than the T57 heavy, which is getting its gun handling nerfed in 9.3.

I haven't played the game since April this year, which was before the matchmaking of the AMX 12t and 13 75 were improved. However, even with better matchmaking I don't think either tank should be very good, especially the 12t which accelerates horribly slowly (the Cromwell makes it look like a turtle). The 12t also has a pathetic 4 degrees of gun depression, which can catch you off guard when you're driving over the top of a hill or a bump and find out that your gun can't reach far down enough to shoot the enemy. The 13 75 is a better tank with better acceleration and depression and improved gun characteristics, but its penetration is generally worse than the 12t's because it has the same value but faces tier 10 tanks with it. The T71 is also pretty much better than it in every way aside from camouflage value thanks to powercreep. I generally just derped through those two tanks as quickly as possible when I grinded them.

The AMX 13 90, however, is a very good tank and may even be a viable alternative versus tier 9 mediums. It's very fast, retains excellent camouflage values for scouting, and has dramatically higher alpha which means you can do 1440 damage to a target with a whole clip. 1440 damage... from an very mobile platform with great camouflage. This comes with the side effect of a horribly long 40-second reload time and, of course, the previously mentioned bad gun handling. In the right hands, this little beast can give any tank a run for its money.

This might be controversial, but I highly suggest that you spam gold rounds with the French light autoloaders. 144 penetration on the 75mm gun is really useless against tier 8+ opponents and even the 170 pen of the 90mm is not viable at all. And with your long reload (especially on the 13 90), you often will not have the choice to switch out to the appropriate ammo in a pinch, so it's best to always use the ammo type which will help you in every situation, which is APCR. It may be expensive, and you'll probably have to take little breaks by playing some tier 5 tanks or premium tanks for credits, but it'll save you a lot of despair from situations like shooting an entire clip into the side of an enemy and bouncing every one.

I skipped the Lorraine 40t so I won't cover that.

The BatChat 25t is the logical upgrade over the 13 90 and improves upon it in numerous ways. One shell is removed from the autoloader in exchange for a whopping 390 alpha and a terrifying 1950 in full clip damage. The aim time is improved (although still bad), and you now have the option to equip a vertical stabilizer, which will make your gun handling noticeably less painful. It's also even faster than the 13 90 with a blazing 29.41 hp/t engine power to weight ratio, one of the best power/weight ratios in the game. It's camouflage is worse than the 13 90 but still extremely good, enough to make it the ideal scout tank for tier 10 Clan Wars. It is still, however, a very difficult tank to play. I'd even say that it's harder to play than the 13 90 because being the excellent tank it is, it's often a priority target which the enemy team will try their best to stomp out. Frankly, I suggest spending a *lot* of time (like, maybe 500 battles) improving your skills with the 13 90 and mastering its playstyle before you start playing the BatChat, or you'll just find it painfully frustrating to play like I did when I first got it. This entire line of tanks is very skill-based and improves dramatically the better a player you are.

Now, the only French heavy autoloader I've played is the AMX 50 100. It's a fantastic tank, hell it's perhaps the best tank of tier 8 tied with the Rheinmetall-Borsig. With 1800 clip damage, it can solo and obliterate literally *every* tier 8 tank and most tier 9 tanks. It's fast for its size and can relocate easily. The 50 100 doesn't play like a "heavy" at all. You don't get in the face of your opponent and with your garbage armor you certainly don't soak up shots. To put it in one way, the best way to play this tank is like a bitch. You cowardly snipe and avoid direct confrontations at the start of the game, and later you relocate and pounce upon weakened tanks to finish them off one by one. Of course, I'm slightly biased because I got the 50 100 many months after I had completed the French light tree and was able to apply a lot of my experience with the French lights to it, but I think that the 50 100 could be a good introduction to autoloaders since it has more HP than the light tanks and a deadlier gun, but it still has a long interclip rate of fire and reload so it doesn't spoil you like the rapid-firing American autoloaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
You're probably better off asking Tempester, he's better with them than I am.
You're going into uncharted territory with the AMX 50 120, though. I didn't get that far, although the 50B looks like an awesome tank especially now that it's getting better gun handling than the T57.

Last edited by Tempester; 2014-08-26 at 11:42.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 12:18   Link #12743
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

So, having this extra B2 code is really eating away at me and causing me to think about crazy things like creating another account just to play it and only it, becoming a seal clubber the likes of which would make even the legendary Jsnazz blush. Anyone else with a B2 want to join me in this heroic endeavor? You'll get many benefits, including but not limited to:

1. Helping to end [_CIA_]'s reign of terror in lower tiers. Too long have they roamed freely in their T127 "training" platoons, dealing almost their own hp in damage and occasionally even affecting the battle. This has to stop, and only you can help do it.

2. Engaging in enlightening and intelligent conversation. I have a vast range of topics, including "damn it I am such a useless failure at this game" and "wow arty just hit me for 99% of my life, I am uninstalling".

3. ??????

4. Getting to play the game with a real life person who has Female listed as their online forum profile gender.

5. A very reasonable Health Insurance plan

Enlist today! o7
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 12:24   Link #12744
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
RWBladewing: LOL! I have a B2 too, but I don't think I'll be able to return to the game until I can find stable work again, which may take a while.
Old 2014-08-26, 12:38   Link #12745
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
So, having this extra B2 code is really eating away at me and causing me to think about crazy things like creating another account just to play it and only it, becoming a seal clubber the likes of which would make even the legendary Jsnazz blush.
Don't want to rain on your parade too much, but wouldn't it be better to just give it to one of your friends or platoon buddies?
Old 2014-08-26, 13:08   Link #12746
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
one of your friends or platoon buddies?
What are those?
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 08:31   Link #12747
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I think that the 50 100 could be a good introduction to autoloaders since it has more HP than the light tanks and a deadlier gun, but it still has a long interclip rate of fire and reload so it doesn't spoil you like the rapid-firing American autoloaders.
One more note on this:

American 4-shot autoloader like T69 or T54E1: See target, fire 4 rounds in 8 seconds, hide to reload.

French 6-shot autoloader: See target, fire 6 rounds in 18 seconds... wait, no, you'll be killed before you can do that. You'll rarely get a chance to dump an entire clip into someone unless they're very distracted and are some distance away. (And much like the WTE100, if you're coming out to snipe, if anyone else see you not pointing your gun at them, they'll shoot at you.) Avoiding any direct confrontations at all and kill-stealingcleaning up weakened targets is probably the best way to go...

I should be unlocking the AMX 50 120 today.

More leaks on the Tier 8 T49-don't-call-it-a-Sheridan's gun: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/08/27/s...nd-parameters/

(This is where Myssa reminds us that "It's got a 90mm too, not just the derp gun!")

Also also: FV304 hit by nerf sequoia in supertest.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-08-27 at 16:24.
Old 2014-09-02, 11:04   Link #12748
Gravitas Free Zone

FTR 9.3 light tank leak compilation.
Old 2014-09-02, 11:53   Link #12749
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Not nearly as bad as the M48 Patton nerf, or the T110E4 nerf, or even the Foch 155 nerf. Frankly, it should have been nerfed more because it's probably the most overpowered SPG in the game and SPGs are already horrible for gameplay.
Old 2014-09-02, 11:55   Link #12750
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

It's still an annoying little bugger as NOWHERE does it say that its insane gun arc was changed at all. This will still mean it will hit you behind cover, but at least this time you have a slight chance of running away instead of being permatracked.
Old 2014-09-02, 12:06   Link #12751
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

haven't played for half year and now I miss this game so much!

they didnt add new update and messing with my lovely M53/M55, right? ;_;

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-02, 12:20   Link #12752
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
they didnt add new update and messing with my lovely M53/M55, right? ;_;
I don't think it was nerfed, but since you like playing skycancer, you might be happy to know that the T92 is being buffed.
Old 2014-09-02, 14:32   Link #12753
Gravitas Free Zone

If I recall correctly, the T92 was buffed because the Conqueror GC was that much more popular because of the straight-down arc, even if it was lucky to hit the right grid square, and the 53/55 had better ROF anyway.

I actually have a higher WR in the Bishop than the FV304, probably because of the tiering. I also tended to drive the FV304 into really dangerous situations.

Also, it looks like the Hellcat will have nearly no chance to shoot on the move now. Not that it should to begin with, but...
Old 2014-09-03, 10:39   Link #12754
Pen3

I don't care what people say, but the t57 is a beast and whenever I duo with my friends t57 we win about 80% of our games. The thing is just straight up op with good reload and flexibility. The 50b is decent, but it can't go to places that t57 can due to the super long reload and a duo 50b platoon doesn't work. As of right now the t57 gun handling is better for our playstyle because we can pop out the corner in fishermans bay and just point and shoot the havok is7 and kill him with just one of us taking a single hit. We are mostly close to mid range fighters so I don't think the 9.3 nerf will do much in 5 meter range fights we get in 75% of our games.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 22:34   Link #12755
Gravitas Free Zone

Argh, can't use the test server because the snapshot of my profile that they're using predates my last password change, and I didn't save that password after I changed it. So I'll just have to wait a couple of weeks for the next test server adjustment before I can look at rocketderpland.

The microLeopard is getting good reviews, but the first-day screenshots I'm seeing are mostly of T49 battalions.

Had a game where it looked like we were going to win on capping, then the capper drove off the point to go across the entire map to block the hostile cap. Chat exploded. They just barely reset at 99% and managed to kill the last enemies, but it was still a stupid thing to do.

Achieved the "Damage 75 tanks with an SPG" mission fairly easily by abusing the leFH18B2 and FV304. Yay high ROF arty. The leFH continues to deliver satisfying results.
Old 2014-09-06, 01:42   Link #12756
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Siimcy (an EU blue player from Wotlabs) gives the T49 Light a go.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-09-06, 08:51   Link #12757
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

m41 Bulldog is OP
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 09:31   Link #12758
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Dat Armor. Much Thin. Wow.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-06, 10:06   Link #12759
Gravitas Free Zone

The crew is ablative armor. Power to weight looks very nice. Would be the most accurate gun in the game. 10K gold? I want an American premium TD, but... yeeeesh. (Still within the Tier 8 premium price band.)

Though I think of the FV101 Scorpion as the Scorpion.

And still wishing for the Stingray.
Old 2014-09-07, 05:14   Link #12760
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So I used the Tank Viewer on the test client, and I'm pretty sure this wasn't there before...

Also, DAT M41 WALKER BULLDOG WITH 10 ROUND AUTOLOADER OF RAPID FIRE DEATH

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks