AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 30 22.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 25.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 42 32.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 12.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 4.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.53%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-07-18, 15:34   Link #281
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Also then she was sent to Shinji's family as foster family then, in order to avoid her getting involved with the war, correct?
Nope.
Spoiler for Heaven's Feel:
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 01:06   Link #282
Charsiupao

I think if all Caster really wanted was someone who would care for her, it's a tragedy that Shirou invoked Saber and not Caster. Shirou and Caster would have been perfect for each other (at least until Shirou realises that Caster needs to absorb living energy just to hang around).

I think someone should have helped Caster as her shield was slowly giving way - it was obvious from Saber's expression that Gil was the bigger threat, and with only Caster, Lancer and Saber remaining, they weren't going to be able to get much more help against Gil once Caster and Kuzuki went down. She certainly held him off long enough for anyone to react if they wanted to.

Why does Caster have elvish ears, by the way?
Charsiupao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 01:57   Link #283
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charsiupao View Post
I think if all Caster really wanted was someone who would care for her, it's a tragedy that Shirou invoked Saber and not Caster. Shirou and Caster would have been perfect for each other (at least until Shirou realises that Caster needs to absorb living energy just to hang around).

The problem is, Caster does not share the same naivety and principals to defend Justice like Shirou (hence their incompatibility).

I don't know how they tell about Medea in Typemoon universe, but she is essentially a witch who was betrayed by her loved one. Thus she become SO evil and demented. I don't know if she's originally evil enough though . As for the elfish ears... yeah, in the myth, Medea is not exactly a human, so...I leave the rest to your imagination.
Old 2011-08-23, 04:36   Link #284
Charsiupao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The problem is, Caster does not share the same naivety and principals to defend Justice like Shirou (hence their incompatibility).
She probably wouldn't need to. Shirou was smitten by Saber the moment she appeared and spoke to him. Caster would probably have the same entrance effect (although I'm not sure if Shirou was smitten by the pretty face or the aura of nobility - Caster needs to ensure she drops the hood during the entrance!!). Shirou would have been very happy had Saber just stayed at home, and didn't actually do anything heroic. If anything, his chauvinistic nature would have preferred that his female servant didn't put herself in any danger or fight at all, meaning Caster could just stay at home as one of his female groupies and absorb all the love and affection Shirou could pour on her. Her lack of principles and sense of justice will not make much of a difference as she won't be called upon to fight for them at all. She'd be like an.. Eliya, sitting pretty at home, and from the flashbacks while she wasn't heroic she never really came across as aggressively evil. Only when she starts to absorb human energy to feed her power (although she might not need to if she never had to fight) would Shirou strongly object to it, and even then he'd probably go all out to find a solution for it, like maybe giving her his nerves or something, which would touch her even more.
Old 2011-08-23, 05:16   Link #285
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
She probably wouldn't need to. Shirou was smitten by Saber the moment she appeared and spoke to him. Caster would probably have the same entrance effect (although I'm not sure if Shirou was smitten by the pretty face or the aura of nobility - Caster needs to ensure she drops the hood during the entrance!!). Shirou would have been very happy had Saber just stayed at home, and didn't actually do anything heroic. If anything, his chauvinistic nature would have preferred that his female servant didn't put herself in any danger or fight at all, meaning Caster could just stay at home as one of his female groupies and absorb all the love and affection Shirou could pour on her. Her lack of principles and sense of justice will not make much of a difference as she won't be called upon to fight for them at all. She'd be like an.. Eliya, sitting pretty at home, and from the flashbacks while she wasn't heroic she never really came across as aggressively evil. Only when she starts to absorb human energy to feed her power (although she might not need to if she never had to fight) would Shirou strongly object to it, and even then he'd probably go all out to find a solution for it, like maybe giving her his nerves or something, which would touch her even more.
As much as I like your own scenario , there is this little complication: A magician can only summon a servant who is similar in nature with the said magician. Thus Rin summoned Archer since both of them have big pride and Shiro summoned Saber coz both of them are 'straight' people with great sense of justice and tend to care for the well-being of other people more than themselves, etc.

It'll be a different case if Caster (after killing her summoner) met Shirou (before he summoned Saber) and made a pact with him. Then the story could go as you describe/like . Yeah, I feel that scenario is quite interesting too. Surely you already know that, in the game/visual novel, there are three different scenarios which Caster died in ALL of them (if memory serves me right).

PS: Truth be told, did you know that in Shirou's case, in order to provide his servant (in your case, Caster) with mana, he has to make love with her ^^? Or, he doesn't have to, since Caster is a magician and she can provide her own mana by sucking people up (I doubt Shirou will agree with that method though^^).
Old 2011-08-23, 05:38   Link #286
Charsiupao

Quote:
As much as I like your own scenario , there is this little complication: A magician can only summon a servant who is similar in nature with the said magician. Thus Rin summoned Archer since both of them have big pride and Shiro summoned Saber coz both of them are 'straight' people with great sense of justice and tend to care for the well-being of other people more than themselves, etc.

It'll be a different case if Caster (after killing her summoner) met Shirou (before he summoned Saber) and made a pact with him. Then the story could go as you describe/like . Yeah, I feel that scenario is quite interesting too. Surely you already know that, in the game/visual novel, there are three different scenarios which Caster died in ALL of them (if memory serves me right).

PS: Truth be told, did you know that in Shirou's case, in order to provide his servant (in your case, Caster) with mana, he has to make love with her ^^? Or, he doesn't have to, since Caster is a magician and she can provide her own mana by sucking people up (I doubt Shirou will agree with that method though^^).
Oh yeah, forgot about the compatibility when summoning part.

I haven't seen any of the visual novels - only watched the anime. Poor Caster. It's amazing how a villain with such little screentime can invoke such sympathy just because she died well. I understand Rider is also immensely popular too, although probably for different reasons.

In the anime Saber didn't need to replenish mana until after she had used Excalibur to defeat Rider. Then Rin cast a spell to attach Shirou's nerves to Saber's or something, which allowed Saber to draw mana from Shirou. So I'm not sure whether Caster would need to drain people at all in the first place if she never fought. Of course it'll throw the entire plot out the window, but just saying that personality-wise, both Caster and Shirou would fulfil each others' expectations of the relationship, and be very happy. Plot-wise it most probably wouldn't work.
Old 2011-08-23, 06:11   Link #287
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
In the anime Saber didn't need to replenish mana until after she had used Excalibur to defeat Rider. Then Rin cast a spell to attach Shirou's nerves to Saber's or something, which allowed Saber to draw mana from Shirou.
Saber has a lot of mana within herself so it's natural that she can survive that long. With other servants, It's a different matter. That scene is originally Shirou having threesome with both Rin and Saber in order to provide Saber with mana that she needs (and Rin too to some extent). You see, the cement from male magician contains a considerable amount of mana for his future children. All of this is due to Shirou's weak link with his servant hence his inability to provide Saber with mana. That aspect is toned down in the anime.

Quote:
So I'm not sure whether Caster would need to drain people at all in the first place if she never fought.
Even though she was kept in the background, she still have to provide back-up magic for Shirou, just like with Kuzuki Shoichiro. Thus, she still need to replenish her mana (which we know Shirou has a 'method' for that ).
Old 2011-08-23, 12:39   Link #288
GDB

Quote:
Actually, each of them summoned their Servants because of the catalysts they had. It was impossible for either to summon another as long as they had said catalysts, unless they got another catalyst (at which point I assume it'd be whichever catalyst was stronger or whichever Servant was more similar to Master).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 14:13   Link #289
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Actually, each of them summoned their Servants because of the catalysts they had. It was impossible for either to summon another as long as they had said catalysts, unless they got another catalyst (at which point I assume it'd be whichever catalyst was stronger or whichever Servant was more similar to Master).
Yeah, the catalyst is a strong factor too. Forgot that Shirou had Avalon inside him. But what if Caster made a deal with Shirou before he summons Saber? That would be interesting.

Oh yeah, while I'm at it, why in anime (especially medieval) the main protagonist had to be some kind of a knight. I really want to see a protagonist who is a wizard and has other warriors as his/her sidekick friend for once ^_^. Anime like Fairy Tail and Negima doesn't count coz that's based on a world of wizards.
Old 2011-08-23, 15:15   Link #290
GDB

Quote:
Oh yeah, while I'm at it, why in anime (especially medieval) the main protagonist had to be some kind of a knight. I really want to see a protagonist who is a wizard and has other warriors as his/her sidekick friend for once ^_^. Anime like Fairy Tail and Negima doesn't count coz that's based on a world of wizards.
I suggest Slayers.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 15:24   Link #291
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh, hell yeah, how can I forget that?! Maybe coz it's such a funny show that I don't consider it seriously ^_^. What I'm looking for is something a bit serious than that.

Anyway, seen the latest Slayers and it's great!
Old 2011-08-31, 19:39   Link #292
Cherry_Lover

Quote:

I think someone should have helped Caster as her shield was slowly giving way - it was obvious from Saber's expression that Gil was the bigger threat, and with only Caster, Lancer and Saber remaining, they weren't going to be able to get much more help against Gil once Caster and Kuzuki went down. She certainly held him off long enough for anyone to react if they wanted to.

She'd just kidnapped Sakura and attempted to kill Rin and Shirou. Why the hell would they help her?

Quote:
I haven't seen any of the visual novels - only watched the anime. Poor Caster. It's amazing how a villain with such little screentime can invoke such sympathy just because she died well. I understand Rider is also immensely popular too, although probably for different reasons.
Rider is popular almost solely because of the HF route of the game, though, which portrays her much more sympathetically
Spoiler:
Old 2011-09-02, 22:23   Link #293
Charsiupao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
She'd just kidnapped Sakura and attempted to kill Rin and Shirou. Why the hell would they help her?
That's true, but when Gil appeared I felt really really worried, with a great uh-oh feeling down my spine. Much more foreboding than Caster or Assassin managed. Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon looked awesome, but he had "I'm a really evil chap" written all over his face. And after Caster died I had this "you're next" feeling. But I guess none of them, not even Saber, really knew how big Gilgamesh's antagonistic role in the scheme of things was.

I just watched Unlimited Blade Works, and it was even more extreme. Caster demonstrated no likeability at all for much of her screentime, and when she dies she suddenly gets all doe-eyed and teary and stares at Saichourou before disappearing. It didn't quite have the same sympathetic effect as it did in F/SN, though.
Old 2011-09-07, 02:18   Link #294
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I have to bring this episode up again because I'm watching this series with a friend in his preparation for Fate/Zero.

How unbelievably fucking terrible was this? I mean what did DEEN do here? I know they had a low budget but a monkey could do the same job at imagining a story like this. It made absolutely no fucking sense whether you're new to the Fate/Stay Night universe or a VN player. It was an absolute monstrosity of a mash up between fake HF elements, UBW elements, and ugh.... DEEN writing their own stories should be forbidden.

I mean what the fuck. How can a series that was relatively OK in its adaption go from OK to such shit? None of the character actions were making any sense, and it just removed all sense of awe from mr.golden armor's entrance into the scene.

I'm completely flabbergasted even after all these years. I am angry. DEEN, the worst studio in the anime industry hands down. Can't even adapt a good source material properly. At least they hired Kenji Kawaii.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 02:20   Link #295
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
This was umm... not a very high point for the anime.

I mean holy fuck, who thought this part made any fucking sense? The only thing I can remember is that they put Sakura in a stupid outfit. Sure she has big boobs, but umm, storytelling you shits!

Gilgamesh is a cool guy and had a cool entrance, but it doesn't make this episode look any better.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 13:38   Link #296
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Man this episode wasn't that bad other than the first half which I really had trouble following. The previous one was the worst episode so far though IMO.

The thing that strikes me about the show most is how cheap it looks. It's constantly take me out of the show. At it's absolute best it looks mediocore to tolerable, but all other times it looks really bad. Like it came out in 2001 on a shoestring budget instead of 2006 level bad. Probably the best looking episode of the series that I've seen so far and the show has failed to match since is the episode where Rider first showed up in the forest. That episode actually looked it's age for a change and there was some actual detail to what was on the screen as opposed to the absolute bare minimum that could possibly be drawn to make the characters and settings distinguishable as what they are.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-07, 19:01   Link #297
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'm completely flabbergasted even after all these years. I am angry. DEEN, the worst studio in the anime industry hands down. Can't even adapt a good source material properly. At least they hired Kenji Kawaii.
Well, it's notable that the truly bad parts of the FSN anime are the bits they wrote theirselves, like the Caster/Sakura arc.

Hell, they couldn't even be bothered to fit it into the main story properly. One minute Sakura is near-death and Rin has realised that she cares for her, and the next the whole damn thing is forgotten about entirely so they can get back onto the main plot of the Fate route. Even the epilogue doesn't change, despite the fact that Rin's relationship to Sakura is substantially different here to in the Fate route of the VN.
Old 2011-09-07, 19:08   Link #298
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
The thing that strikes me about the show most is how cheap it looks. It's constantly take me out of the show. At it's absolute best it looks mediocore to tolerable, but all other times it looks really bad. Like it came out in 2001 on a shoestring budget instead of 2006 level bad. Probably the best looking episode of the series that I've seen so far and the show has failed to match since is the episode where Rider first showed up in the forest. That episode actually looked it's age for a change and there was some actual detail to what was on the screen as opposed to the absolute bare minimum that could possibly be drawn to make the characters and settings distinguishable as what they are.
The animation does pick back up during episode 24, but yeah, otherwise the rest of the show was a sort of mix of decent and bad quality depending on what episode you were watching. One gets the feeling that DEEN got a budget for the anime and then had no real idea of how to control it so the episodes that mattered the most would look good.