AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-20, 15:41   Link #17321
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Kaon: The best way to handle them is to distract them with a war. ... Who volunteers to instigate one?

*Imagines someone starting a war just to wake up Ixy... probably Subaru*

Page claim! For adorable girls and the zombies that cause issues for them
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 15:43   Link #17322
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Walla: *jumps up and down* I want a share! Body parts! *sparkle eyes*

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 15:55   Link #17323
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Will there be Zombies with Horse Weiners?

If there was one with a Horse Weiner, then the Zombies would totally win!

(Disgaea Zombies for teh win! XD)

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 16:12   Link #17324
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
If she awakens, so does her army. :/
Offhand, where does it say that? SSX doesn't include that claim; Ix is the source of the Mariage cores (which is why Runessa was sending her Mariages after her, so that the Dark King's army could in fact rise and kill stuff), but there's nothing about her raising up a spontaneous zombie plague...

...though that would be fairly cool.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 16:28   Link #17325
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
am i mistaken? stereo dramas are so complicating x_x

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 16:39   Link #17326
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
am i mistaken? stereo dramas are so complicating x_x
I think this is where the confusion might come from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo's SSX translation
Ix: Until now… Every time I awoke, Mariage would appear/arise and sally forth to the battlefront/battlefield. Outside the castle was nothing but gray skies, barren land (wasteland) and blood stained seas. I had never seen anything else in the world. I wondered when I would sleep again. When will the age come when I no longer have to kill any more? It was all that I could think of. But, I managed to meet you and realized I was wrong. There are people who would die for themselves only and those who would give their lives for others. The world, that I and my people had brought ruin upon this world so long ago. That this world has become so beautiful again is because of people like you.
But so far as I can tell, she's just lamenting the fact that she's always being used as a weapon (see earlier in Track 14). You'll note that once Ix is rescued and Runessa arrested, no further Mariage go running around breaking stuff, attacking people, etc.

Likewise, it's clear that Ix is shutting down to sleep because there's something wrong with her, not because of any necessity to do so:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Also thanks to Nagumo
(Subaru: Wha… A coma (lit: sleep of death)? Ix?)
(Mari: We found out this morning. We believe she’s partially function but we don’t have the technology to perform an operation…)
(Subaru: I see…)
(Mari: We think today is the last day she’ll naturally be awake…)
(Subaru: Wha… No…)

Of course, since MGLN is the poster child for "All There In The Manual," there might well be something else out there saying that waking Ix is dangerous, but I don't see that within SSX.
Old 2009-10-20, 16:53   Link #17327
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satashi View Post
Sorry, I made it up as I went. I'll do it if enough people want me to, though.

But they'd be teens, of course ^_^

So who wants another Syn/Vivio lemon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SulliMike23 View Post
A new Syn/Vivio lemon would be nice.

But seriously, have they tried splashing very cold water on Ixa?
I'll second this. =X
Old 2009-10-20, 17:00   Link #17328
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
And... a Shadow short! Lutecia-centric, inspired by a conversation I had with Deathcurse, and pretty much wrote itself when I got back from dinner today. Slight AU from my series, since in this short Lutecia... well, you'll see when you read it.

Spoiler for Borderline:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
While RadiantBeam thought that this Lutecia wouldn't accept a relationship with Vivio (you'll note that Vivio asked Lutecia out when Lutecia was 19, so that's about a year after "Borderline"), I thought it would be interesting if this took place in the main continuity as deathcurse suggested. So rather than comment on the fic, I wrote a fic response as if that had taken place.

You probably need to have read "Sunrise," though, to get some of the references.
Spoiler for Border Crossing:
Old 2009-10-20, 17:43   Link #17329
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
While RadiantBeam thought that this Lutecia wouldn't accept a relationship with Vivio (you'll note that Vivio asked Lutecia out when Lutecia was 19, so that's about a year after "Borderline"), I thought it would be interesting if this took place in the main continuity as deathcurse suggested. So rather than comment on the fic, I wrote a fic response as if that had taken place.

You probably need to have read "Sunrise," though, to get some of the references.
Amazing fic, Dezo! This is really cool (although the subject matter is sad) to read, since it's something that I've been thinking about ever since RadiantBeam brought up this whole sticky issue....and particularly post-Borderline, I've been wondering what Vivio's reaction would have been to it all.

I really like the small details you put in, like Vivio not knowing exactly what to do and Lutecia would guide her over the rough parts or the complexities of some of Lutecia's speeches...all those little extra details make the story richer and full of more meaning than if it were just pushing through the plot.

Loved reading it!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 18:40   Link #17330
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Border Crossing
Brilliant. Particularly Vivio's stark acceptance. She cut pretty quickly through the veil that Lutecia put up. It was actually quite devious.

Also, final line of the omake may have made my week.
Old 2009-10-20, 19:23   Link #17331
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:

Baha, the last line of the omake killed me. XD I recognize that joke too!

I think this is the first time I've genuinely wished I could go back and change the canon of my series, or make it so Lutecia lied when she told Vivio she didn't do that kind of stuff; but that would be a negative change, and I honestly didn't know if Lutecia would cross that line in my world.

Particularly interesting (for me) is that after reading this, in the context of my series, I can see just why Vivio is so good for Lutecia. She doesn't let Lutecia lie to herself or be too hard on herself; she cuts right through the veils and gets the truth out of her, comforts her, and supports her. Funny how I never notice that when I'm actually writing it out myself, and then I notice it in your work.

I liked the little detail of Vivio calling Lutecia by her full name, too. It's really a small thing in context to the fic, but it carries so much meaning when you realize that it's Vivio's way of showing that she's accepted all of Lutecia's sides, and not just "Cia".

So yeah. I loved it. Don't mind me, I'm just basking in the afterglow of the awesomness...
Old 2009-10-20, 20:33   Link #17332
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

@deathcurse/spawnofthejudge/RadiantBeam: Thank you very much for all the high praise!

One question: was it sufficiently obvious that Lutecia--more subconsciously than out of any real, thought-out plan--wanted this particular conversation to happen right from the start? That is, that she lacked the courage to come out and confess everything to Vivio, but that she basically laid things out on a silver platter for her to pick up on, knowing that Vivio, being Vivio, would drag everything out into the light? I deliberately left the discussion of that out of the story because Lulu doesn't yet realize what she was doing, and Vivio wouldn't have picked up on it, but I wondered if what was supposed to be subtext there got across...

Oh, and RB, remember that...

Spoiler for On the subject of lies...:

OK, back to watching The Dresden Files with my wife!
Old 2009-10-20, 21:48   Link #17333
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
One question: was it sufficiently obvious that Lutecia--more subconsciously than out of any real, thought-out plan--wanted this particular conversation to happen right from the start? That is, that she lacked the courage to come out and confess everything to Vivio, but that she basically laid things out on a silver platter for her to pick up on, knowing that Vivio, being Vivio, would drag everything out into the light? I deliberately left the discussion of that out of the story because Lulu doesn't yet realize what she was doing, and Vivio wouldn't have picked up on it, but I wondered if what was supposed to be subtext there got across...
I got it. The whole way Lutecia set it up was like she was hoping Vivio would ask her about it before she had to explain it herself, and it worked.

Quote:

Dammit, Dezo!
Old 2009-10-20, 22:20   Link #17334
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
@deathcurse/spawnofthejudge/RadiantBeam: Thank you very much for all the high praise!

I found it fairly obvious. That's not the kind of statement that you drop right after expressing your love through sex with your significant other (I'm having a field day applying my psychology knowledge to Lutecia's behaviour )

Quote:

OK, back to watching The Dresden Files with my wife!
.... I second that!
Old 2009-10-20, 22:22   Link #17335
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

Quote:

*spurts out soda...literally*

D-Dezo...y-you're too...much....
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-20, 22:26   Link #17336
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
(I'm having a field day applying my psychology knowledge to Lutecia's behaviour )
Wanna run some of it by me? I'm quite curious.
Old 2009-10-20, 22:52   Link #17337
D2
Go Big Red!

If I may intrude, I have something I want to show you:

Spoiler for Everybody Was...:
Old 2009-10-20, 22:53   Link #17338
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Wanna run some of it by me? I'm quite curious.
Well, most obviously in "Border Crossing" Lutecia made a Freudian slip when she told Vivio that she learned how to do that at work. Even if she consciously didn't want to ever mention that to Vivio, her unconscious wanted to and so it came out.

Haven't learned that much in depth stuff about psychoanalysis, since my classes focus more on abnormal behaviour (although Lutecia's got a lot of those!) and neuropsychology (so unless you wanted me to talk about her brain chemistry? ). Suffice to say, Lutecia's got a lot of problems.....
Old 2009-10-20, 23:09   Link #17339
Nijiru

@Dezo: Awesome stuff to cheer me up after doing half of a language midterm. And yes, I want to give them both hugs.
Nijiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 00:30   Link #17340
Alavon
Worshipper of Nanoha...

The revised version of part 1 of 4 (1/4) from Animal Instincts: Chapter 2

Previous:

Animal Instincts: Preface
Animal Instincts: Chapter 1: The Girl from the City

Spoiler for Part 1 of 4 (1/4) of Animal Instincts: Chapter 2:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:

Last edited by Alavon; 2009-10-21 at 15:46.
Alavon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha