AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2012-04-30, 18:21   Link #5921
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I doubt Azusa would be into tongue anyway.
(plus cat = sandpaper tongue)
Old 2012-04-30, 18:24   Link #5922
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I doubt Azusa would be into tongue anyway.
(plus cat = sandpaper tongue)
Azusa's brain ---> gutter, if I recall. But you'd have to scale a mountain of tsun first, I imagine.
Old 2012-04-30, 18:47   Link #5923
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Azusa's brain ---> gutter, if I recall.
I'm gonna have to say "probably not" on that one. I remember the incident you're referring to, and I feel pretty secure in my belief that the particular interpretation sprung from the mind of a certain particularly gutter-minded forum member, and was not likely an intended double entendre in the show itself (and if it was intended, then, well... that's just sad. Because it was some reeeaaaaally strained logic that went into said dirty interpretation).
Old 2012-04-30, 18:52   Link #5924
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Gutter minded and actually french kissing are not always connected. Some have gutter minds and are embarassed by actually doing said things.

Not that that will stop artist...nor will we discourage them from such endeavors.
Old 2012-04-30, 19:08   Link #5925
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
I'm gonna have to say "probably not" on that one. I remember the incident you're referring to, and I feel pretty secure in my belief that the particular interpretation sprung from the mind of a certain particularly gutter-minded forum member, and was not likely an intended double entendre in the show itself (and if it was intended, then, well... that's just sad. Because it was some reeeaaaaally strained logic that went into said dirty interpretation).
How *else* would one interpret Azusa's alarm (and language)? And why would that be sad? Its been pretty well established that while the older more physically mature Mio is so innocent she doesn't realize any of the double-entendre she makes ("Any time, day or night, boom, boom, boom..." is the sign off on Mio's character song) but waifish Azusa has an "old woman's cynical jaded mind" that simply routes to the worst initial interpretation. There's a vast mountain of comedy that works like that.

@Ithekro, agreed.... I'd think that Azusa would think something and then turn a shade of red impossible with mere sunlight.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-04-30 at 19:31.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 19:24   Link #5926
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
How *else* would one interpret Azusa's alarm (and language)? And why would that be sad? Its been pretty well established that while the older more physically mature Mio is so innocent she doesn't realize any of the double-entendre she makes (Any time, day or night, boom, boom, boom...) but waifish Azusa has an "old woman's cynical jaded mind" and simply routes to the worst initial interpretation. There's a vast mountain of comedy that works like that.
I'll concede that Azusa's reaction was over the top, but my problem with that particular interpretation is that, like I said, it would have to be some very strained dirty-thinking-logic that would lead to it. It just seems way too out there and random to me that anyone would hear what Mio said and conclude that it meant that. And by "sad", I mean that if this was intended on the writers' part, I think it's unfortunate that they'd resort to such a groan-inducing joke. But that's me.
Old 2012-04-30, 23:51   Link #5927
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

I don't suppose anyone has seen larger versions of these? These are some new beach towels that are available for pre-order.

Old 2012-05-01, 12:55   Link #5928
superslinger2007

Old 2012-05-01, 14:07   Link #5929
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I don't suppose anyone has seen larger versions of these? These are some new beach towels that are available for pre-order.
Spoiler for tidiness of images:
Rather than these towels and pillows being "creepy", I think it is very nice / good sign that these depict what I consider "normal healthy girl-next-door" body shapes.

{{Sorry, just got through browsing the Skyrim mods and the infantile "boobsbiggerthanboatsfailatanatomy" faction there has me twitching in a kill-move way.}}
Old 2012-05-01, 19:16   Link #5930
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Those eyes and legs bug me for some reason... the rest of the club prez looks fine to me though.
Hmm...I was wondering if you wouldn't mind elaborating a bit if you can? Is it a taste thing or did the eyes and legs look genuinely out-of-place with the rest of the drawing?

And, thanks for the comment!
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 07:07   Link #5931
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Hmm...I was wondering if you wouldn't mind elaborating a bit if you can? Is it a taste thing or did the eyes and legs look genuinely out-of-place with the rest of the drawing?

And, thanks for the comment!
I guess it's more of a personal taste thing.
Mainly the socks to the legs and the shape of the eyes...
You certainly have a lot of fonts at your disposal.
Old 2012-05-02, 18:47   Link #5932
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If you're talking about how the legs seemed to be a bit "pressed" on the socks part, that's how it's supposed to be, since it's a tight one after all. Most of pics featuring girls with high leggings like that are drawn that way too.

but I thought it's quite unlike Azusa to wear something like that but maybe that's intentionally done.

I think the pic looks fine to me. If there's any problem, I think it's only her twintails that isn't smooth enough.
Old 2012-05-03, 04:48   Link #5933
superslinger2007

Hmm...
Old 2012-05-03, 07:32   Link #5934
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superslinger2007 View Post
Hmm...
-snip
CD Walkmans are awesome.

Quote:
Thanks for the input, I don't know about the taste thing, but I'll definitely try to make the eyes and the leg-socks part look more natural in future works.

Like most people, I get most of my fonts from dafont.com. I download a lot of fonts, so I can avoid using Comic Sans MS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
If you're talking about how the legs seemed to be a bit "pressed" on the socks part, that's how it's supposed to be, since it's a tight one after all. Most of pics featuring girls with high leggings like that are drawn that way too.

but I thought it's quite unlike Azusa to wear something like that but maybe that's intentionally done.

I think the pic looks fine to me. If there's any problem, I think it's only her twintails that isn't smooth enough.
Thanks for the comment! The leg-socks part for me takes many tries to draw to get it to look somewhat decent, and I've still got ways to go.

And yeah, I especially like those kind of socks, and so I drew it here on Azusa despite it being unlike her. And Azusa usually don't wear skirts that short either. About the hair: Maybe one day I'll be able to draw lovely, smooth flowing hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
I just wanna share something. They said that K-On fans are the most annoying kind... I don't know why, but I've searched the internet and found this. I mean, at least he had the decency to put on a handkerchief on his eyes.
Spoiler for wth?:
Hey, why do I have to be the only one to wake up every night on the thought of this?
I applaud his boldness and courage to make out with his lover in public(and with blindfold-play too!). I would never want to meet the guy though.
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2012-05-03 at 07:44.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-03, 07:52   Link #5935
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Thanks for the comment! The leg-socks part for me takes many tries to draw to get it to look somewhat decent, and I've still got ways to go.

And yeah, I especially like those kind of socks, and so I drew it here on Azusa despite it being unlike her. And Azusa usually don't wear skirts that short either. About the hair: Maybe one day I'll be able to draw lovely, smooth flowing hair
Looks okay to me, so no problem on her legs

Hahah, you love zettai-ryouiki?
might be better if she wears a casual attire IMO, since every characters' style while wearing their school uniforms are very strong in our mind, so deviating from their usual style looks a bit off. But that's absolutely not a problem actually

Nah, we just need to keep practicing for sure. Drawing a smooth hair flow is also still impossible for me
Old 2012-05-03, 08:58   Link #5936
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
CD Walkmans are awesome.

Thanks for the input, I don't know about the taste thing, but I'll definitely try to make the eyes and the leg-socks part look more natural in future works.

Like most people, I get most of my fonts from dafont.com. I download a lot of fonts, so I can avoid using Comic Sans MS.
Mio is quite the old-fashioned person, after all. I wonder if she has vinyls and a record player?

Don't worry about my opinion too much, I can't draw for the life of me.
I agree that it might have looked better in a casual outfit.

Heheh, I don't think Comic Sans MS is overly bad, but I think people simply misuse it. I think I once saw a scholarship certificate using that font. Ugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Looks okay to me, so no problem on her legs

Hahah, you love zettai-ryouiki?
Ah yes, I remember that term. It does seem to be difficult to pull off in artworks without some practice though.
Old 2012-05-04, 07:24   Link #5937
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

The original one was deleted, and then reuploaded by the same artist on a new account.

Images
Pixiv image dump: 30 Apr - 4 May 2012
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Spoilers
Spoiler for source links
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by blaze0041; 2012-05-07 at 04:14. Reason: Just realised I messed up the source links...
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 20:05   Link #5938
Misago

sketch from 2009 of Yui by Ume Aoki (Hidamari, Madoka)

Misago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 09:35   Link #5939
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misago View Post
sketch from 2009 of Yui by Ume Aoki (Hidamari, Madoka)

Friggin' adorable. I love her style.
Old 2012-05-06, 23:11   Link #5940
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88

Tags
mio