AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-12, 03:25   Link #101
velvet
"with you, happiness"

A few lols and cute girls.
Mashiro is lovable. Cute in both forms. Ameri's design is ... not my style, but I found her actions is strangely attractive.

A few quote,

Quote:
A problematic man appears at such timing!

Quote:
If you were eating rice balls instead of marshamallows back then,
your name would be Nigiri....

Erm, why is the plushies appears out of nowhere? They are following Mashiro?

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 04:54   Link #102
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou_desu View Post
good fitsr episode I hope that next are better
freebie:
Don't suppose you could make one of the non-loli version, if there are any loopable scenes like that one? (maybe have to wait an episode of two...)
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 13:13   Link #103
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Don't suppose you could make one of the non-loli version, if there are any loopable scenes like that one? (maybe have to wait an episode of two...)
does any one know when episode 2 airs
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 13:16   Link #104
Midonin
Last Engage

Somewhere in the range of three hours ago.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 14:09   Link #105
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

(´・ω・`)ノ I'll be taking Yumina-chan

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 14:42   Link #106
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Through two eps, this seems like a good harem show. If that sounds like a contradiction in terms to you, then I guess it's not for you. But I'm liking it.

I'm even getting used to Mashiro's voice (Rikimaru Noriko). And her character and character design are highly attractive, despite the generally second-rate animation.

Mizuhashi Kaori does her usual good job as the delectable Yumina. And Miyazaki Ui is singing better and better. I forgot to say last week that I enjoyed her ED.

All in all, despite this being clearly a standard harem game-adaptation, there is enough here to surprise and delight that I expect to keep watching -- even though we are dealing here with the director and the writer of Amenaideyo, Lovedol, School Days, and Akasaka, all of which were, in my opinion, quite poor....
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-04-12 at 16:52.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 21:00   Link #107
Greenish Growth

Aha! It's the same director that did "Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka". That explains all those diagonal/sideways CG gamelike shots of the characters in the second episode. I thought those shots looked familiar.

I prefer the shots in Akane-iro more though because I liked the artwork in those shots in Akane-iro better. In Tayutama those shots were more sideways than diagonal and all I thought about when seeing them was that they were so tilted over.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 11:39   Link #108
kyou_desu

some freebies of episode 2 :
kyou_desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 12:40   Link #109
Thelastguardian

I like it

Granted that I have not played the game before, but I don't find the anime rushing or confusing at all. Mostly of the hints and foreshawdowing were reasonably laid out, and only the most absent-minded person can argue that the first half of the episode 1 is confusing.

I find the pace just right for me. Often time I find galgame anime drags on way too slowly- I often find myself working on my other monitor while only listening to the dialogue for scene changes.

For this series, however, I find myself watching the the whole episode(s).

Of course, it could be because Mashiro is too gah-damn moe (For me, Mashiro's moe-ness even surpasses Mio from K-on, the much-hyped moe character of the season, even though I like Mio more.)

Animal ears and tails are not my type, but somehow Mashiro converted me

Another attractive point for this series is that there is almost no fanservice shots. The series seldom have panty or boob shots. Compare this to, say Queen's Blade, and Tayutama wins hands down.

Now, as for the story, from what I remember when the game was released, there were a bit of controversy regarding the childhood friend's story, I will be looking forward to that part in the anime.

Finally, many shots are diagonal for good reason. The 'professionals' on 2ch almost stitches the scene of a moe character together to create full body potrait. By having the camera side way, the studio can incorporate more of the character's body into the same time window. Instead of having show the whole body from bottom feet to top head in 4 seconds time, the studio can rotate the camera, move the screen left to right, and achieve the same effect within, say, 2 seconds.

Now, if you remember Pythagorean Theorem, you will know that the hypotenuse of a triangle is longer than its base and height. Which means you can fit even more of the character's portrait into a single scene. It is for the same reason that you see more and more doujin cg/wallpaper that places its character diagonally.

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2009-04-13 at 12:51.
Thelastguardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 14:16   Link #110
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Yay an anime adaptation of a visual novel with a main heroine that I dont hate.

Now the only problem is that I like them all, or I think i will, save the blonde preppy girl. That means I may feel bad for some of these girls, depending upon how they approach the romantic angle.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 18:57   Link #111
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

oh well isn't this a lovely little treat of a anime, very nice indeed

Mashiro kawaii!
Old 2009-04-13, 19:03   Link #112
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou_desu View Post
some freebies of episode 2 :
Can I get this freebie thx.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 02:41   Link #113
Dragon TY

Can I have this avatar.
Dragon TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 03:26   Link #114
kyou_desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
Can I get this freebie thx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon TY View Post
Can I have this avatar.
of course
kyou_desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 10:40   Link #115
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Watched ep.2.

Mashiro, kawaii!!

It was funny to see "Sergeant" Mashiro giving Yuuki a hard training... just to offer him some "sexual healing" later. This is a girl who knows what she wants!

It was funny to see her entering the highschool so she can be close to Yuki, too. But unfortunately for her, her "goddess-level" skills and knowledge put her into the high-class all-girls college, alongside the blond-tsundere ojousama.

It was sad to see she couldn't make any friends for being a non-human being.

Still, i prefer Mashiro using that red-and-black highschool "ojousama" uniform, instead that blue-white "plain people" uniform Ameri was using.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 13:27   Link #116
Mentar
Banned

The funny thing is that "the blonde-tsundere ojousama" is so absolutely non-tsundere it's almost funny. Mifuyu is the most open and honest true ojousama I can remember. When she is angry, she shows it. Nothing of her is fake or masked. When she is happy, she shows it too. Right now she suspects you to be behind the problems caused by the Tayutai, which is why she's taking a firm stance with you. Wait for her when this changes, and then reconsider.

A shame that we won't be able to see her path ;_; - it's the best by far, IMHO.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 13:38   Link #117
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
We can only hope that this anime will be popular enough to do "What If"s for all the other girls.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 17:47   Link #118
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

The eroge was popular enough to get a sequel: "Tayutama - It's Happy Days".

Who knows? "To Heart 2" was lucky enough to get some OVAs based on the sequel: "TH2: Another Days".
Old 2009-04-14, 18:03   Link #119
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
The eroge was popular enough to get a sequel: "Tayutama - It's Happy Days".

Who knows? "To Heart 2" was lucky enough to get some OVAs based on the sequel: "TH2: Another Days".
Wasn't It's Happy Days a Fandisk?
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 18:53   Link #120
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Wasn't It's Happy Days a Fandisk?
Oh! That's right!! My mistake.

Tags