Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-08, 00:27   Link #1701
scineram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Given how Kirino did surprisingly poorly relative to Ayase and Kuroneko, I have to wonder if some voters were voting in protest to how Ore no Imouto ended.
Yes, we were.
Old 2013-10-08, 01:02   Link #1702
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Wow, Kuroneko actually won .

I am quite glad with this result, she is a girl who deserved it . And I personally hope ISML doesn't see a repeat winner I find them boring.
MAL
Old 2013-10-08, 08:41   Link #1703
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
And I personally hope ISML doesn't see a repeat winner I find them boring.
Yep agree I really hope that all the past winners won't be allowed to become a candidate anymore. It's where the saying give chance to others is applicable.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2013-10-08, 08:43   Link #1704
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=38991755

That was quick, I'm wondering if the artist had pictures prepared for both since I've seen him draw both previously.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2013-10-08, 08:53   Link #1705
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, as much as some dislike the idea of repeat Tiara winners, who do people think can trump Kanade, Kuroneko, and Mikoto next year? These three were probably the strongest girls all year long in 2013. Kuroneko and Mikoto both had very recent anime appearances, so it's not like either is in the situation that Taiga or Shana are in. Kanade has incredibly managed to remain one of the three strongest girls every year for three years now, and Angel Beats! ended long ago, so Kanade seems to be a special case when it comes to weakening over time.

And let's face it, the new Nova girls looked pretty uninspiring in the Tiara rounds this year. None of them even managed to make the Final 4.
Old 2013-10-08, 09:14   Link #1706
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Congrats to Ruri. Oh well I guess the elusive 2 Tiara wins is out of reach so long the public doesn't change their mind >.>
Old 2013-10-08, 17:10   Link #1707
Sphire

While I'm happy for Kuroneko that she won, and stopped Kanade handily, seeing the top 3 of last year return to become the top 3 this year (changing within) was a blow to me. What's going to change next year? Kanade still bags massive vote numbers. Eucliwood gets votes that come from somewhere. And Kuroneko kinda slides in between. Mikoto was already on her way down earlier this year, and since her character is very different, won't have the staying power of Kuroneko, Kanade and Eu.

Seeing Kanade still bag votes after all this time is a bummer (great for her fans though, I guess). At least with Kuroneko and Mikoto, recent shows helped them. So their improvement is dependent on it. I'd say with a likely chance to drop in form next year (although, in Stella, everyone is kinda dropping. Except Kanade). I shudder to think what this year's ISML would've been like without OreImo 2.

ISML voters seem happy to stay as is. I can easily see Kanade, Kuroneko and Eu remaining as the top 3 next year. Kanade will likely romp through everyone again too. Maybe Rikka can challenge once Chu2koi 2 comes out, but it would seem like it'll need a big improvement. Is Korewa Zombie 3 coming?

I can't really comment on what Nova might look like next year. I dropped fast and hard most shows with characters getting votes in the exhibition. So, I'm already not caring much. There's a small number from Summer I care for, while Fall hasn't shown me anything much yet. Either way, I don't see much to change the pecking order. This year's Nova looks stronger, and they got no where.
Old 2013-10-08, 17:48   Link #1708
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, as much as some dislike the idea of repeat Tiara winners, who do people think can trump Kanade, Kuroneko, and Mikoto next year? These three were probably the strongest girls all year long in 2013. Kuroneko and Mikoto both had very recent anime appearances, so it's not like either is in the situation that Taiga or Shana are in. Kanade has incredibly managed to remain one of the three strongest girls every year for three years now, and Angel Beats! ended long ago, so Kanade seems to be a special case when it comes to weakening over time.

And let's face it, the new Nova girls looked pretty uninspiring in the Tiara rounds this year. None of them even managed to make the Final 4.
I can 3 series with sequels that will impact it for next year, the Little Busters Monogatari, and Chuunibyou.

And honestly you're expecting on Kanade, yes she looked strong, but overtime tiara winners is the past didn't fall off the next year, so much as gradually look at Mio or Hinagiku track record, both of whom had strong records year after their tiara and then fell over time.

And if I had make a biased guess on the single most potential from summer or fall, I'd say Kouko Kaga because being main character of the successor work from the author of Toradora! is going to give her series a lot of popularity.

Quote:
Is Korewa Zombie 3 coming?
Nothing announcement currently, so probably not in time to matter for ISML next year, so she won't be lucky enough to get that boost again.
MAL
Old 2013-10-08, 23:19   Link #1709
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

I hope next year's Nova will be interesting with DAL, Mondaiji, Hentai Ouji, SnK and the other potential table toppers. Can't wait for it.

Hope 2014 will have a repeat winner :/
Old 2013-10-09, 15:46   Link #1710
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=38991755

That was quick, I'm wondering if the artist had pictures prepared for both since I've seen him draw both previously.
This picture was drawn at least a week ago.
Old 2013-10-11, 19:11   Link #1711
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Take Kuroneko away from her crappy series, and good things happened. xD But Kana Hanazawa is everywhere, so it was only natural.

Thanks to all the non-traitors that stuck with her.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-10-11, 23:03   Link #1712
broken270
Defying gravity

It's a shame that we cannot technically tell how Nova compares to Stella until post season, and while necklace matches provide some sense of how everyone is doing against the other, but not an accurate one with small deviations. Then again, it's not like we can combine Nova and Stella together for regular season too, since that would just be like how ISML was two years ago, only with just as many Nova characters as there are Stella characters. Wasn't the whole point of the split because fans were complaining that there were not enough new girls in Post Season (well, if their immediate appearance is not as strong as other characters continual appearances, that's exactly what's going to happen)? I guess, if anything, the split between Nova and Stella create a mysterious sense of who is better than the other. It's not Nova's fault that their top players could not keep up with the top players in Stella (namely, Kanade, Ruri, and Eucliwood). At the same time, we can't just ban Tiara winners from coming to post season, because that's just ridiculous. If they have proven they've got what it takes to be in post season, they should be just as qualified as the ones who never had the tiara before. What I'm trying to say is I'm thinking whether or not we can combine Stella and Nova during regular season and still have something similar to how the 2012-13 post season works out. However, ultimately, I cannot think of a way at the moment.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:46   Link #1713
Team Rocket Elite

For those interested, here are my final character rankings stats for the year:

Before SE 1:
Spoiler for Character Ranking before SE 1:

After SE 11:
Spoiler for Character Ranking after SE 11:
Old 2013-10-12, 16:19   Link #1714
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
I can 3 series with sequels that will impact it for next year, the Little Busters Monogatari, and Chuunibyou.

And honestly you're expecting on Kanade, yes she looked strong, but overtime tiara winners is the past didn't fall off the next year, so much as gradually look at Mio or Hinagiku track record, both of whom had strong records year after their tiara and then fell over time.

And if I had make a biased guess on the single most potential from summer or fall, I'd say Kouko Kaga because being main character of the successor work from the author of Toradora! is going to give her series a lot of popularity.
I have to agree on Kaga Kouko as well for the same reason as yours.

I wonder if there is going to be an male exhibition tournament this year.
Old 2013-10-20, 19:45   Link #1715
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Yo peeps.

Just stopping by to drag up some good old stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTcxAVurZS0

Kotoko... school girls... *sigh*

Ya' know... classic stuff.
Old 2013-10-21, 08:20   Link #1716
Archaeon

To ISML followers here, what do you think of ISML. Is it better than Saimoe Japan?

And congratulations to Kuroneko. Will be rooting for her and Ayase in Saimoe Japan.

Looks like nobody like Kirino,not that I'm complaining since I don't like her.
Old 2013-10-22, 05:09   Link #1717
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
To ISML followers here, what do you think of ISML. Is it better than Saimoe Japan?

And congratulations to Kuroneko. Will be rooting for her and Ayase in Saimoe Japan.

It's good in its own right, but it needs to have a more stricter time period limit in what shows are eligible. Only the characters that appeared from January of the current year to December of the current year should be eligible for the next ISML. If you stretch the time period, you will have the same people finishing high. You will have characters like Haruhi, Louise, Shana and Kanade charting high again.

I'm all for new faces. With all due respect, I'm not a fan of the Stella Division. The Nova Division is really the heart of the tournament. The Stella Division should be abolished and all the competitors that are in Stella should be retired, except for those who appeared in the window I suggested.
Old 2013-10-22, 08:39   Link #1718
wontaek

Quote:
The reason I liked the ISML idea from the start is because it tries to let the voters decide whether they still wants to see a girl again or has grown tired of her. It is likely that ISML tries to appease the casual voters bit more than Saimoe Japan. This difference in attitude has made ISML become something different. So, I don't think we can say it is better or worse than Saimoe Japan as that would be like comparing apples and oranges.
Old 2013-10-22, 08:44   Link #1719
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

I think that ISML is much more well-ran and well-promoted in general. The ISML page has a really nice, slick look to it usually. And it's pretty user-friendly with a lot of useful stats. It's very user-friendly when it comes to voting (I remember how much of a pain voting in Korea's Best Moe was because of its one hour countdown regulation for voting).

ISML, of course, is also the tournament with very good vote numbers, where it's not that rare to see a match exceed 10,000 votes in total. That's a lot more respectable than your typical match being something like 300-200.

That being said, I do find the lengthy tournament format of J-SaiMoe more fun and exciting than the pro sports season-esque nature of ISML. And like Hachiko, I also prefer how there's more turnover within J-SaiMoe from year-to-year. J-SaiMoe thankfully has nobody like ISML Kanade.

Still, in a perfect world, you'd have a strong ISML (as is) running alongside a strong J-SaiMoe, and then you'd get the best of both worlds - A well-followed/respected moe league that fully showcases a character's strength until she finally withers out (ISML), and a well-followed/respected moe tournament that ensures freshness in its competitors each and every year (J-SaiMoe).

Edit: One more thing. I really dislike SDO. This year, I think it screwed over Mikoto Misaka horribly. I'm glad that J-SaiMoe has nothing like SDO.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-10-22 at 09:09.
Old 2013-10-22, 09:26   Link #1720
Archaeon

What's SDO?
Closed Thread

Tags
isml, saimoe