AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2007-07-26, 22:05   Link #161
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

1. What exact moment are you referring to?

The part where she's suspicious of Keiichi hiding the fact that Ooishi approached him.

3. Joke around like what?

I meant dinner btw ^^;; Anyway, the one where she insists Keiichi to let her enter.

6. Why would you assume that?O_o

Err, just a thought. ^^;
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 22:39   Link #162
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Ok, I started as an anime-watcher for Higurashi and recently I'm clearing up things for me to be able to understand what the anime has shown so far (which means I have little to no idea with Minagoroshi-hen or Matsuribayashi-hen). So I read TIPS to supplement everything.

Anyway, I just want to clear up things in Onikakushi-hen. From what I know, Keichi was delirious which led him to the murder of Rena and Mion. However, I need explanations/confirmations on these items. Though, if you think the answer will spoil too much for me, just do tell.

1. Rena was worked up with Keichi knowing details of the dam incident. Was there a reason for this? Or is it just another of his delusions?

2. Mion said she should have killed Ooishi back then, reality or delusion? If it was real, can anyone explain without spoiling me too much?

3. Rena delivering lunch to Keichi. Before I didn't know why she would joke around like that. But is it a joke related to the zombie game (which I just learned was supposed to be shown in Onikakushi-hen).

4. The needle in the onigiri? Just a delusion?

5. When Keiichi meets Rena in the road with a hatchet, can explain why? And why those two henchmen are chasing after him? Or were they chasing after Rena?

6. Last question, do I assume that Rena did kill Rina and Satoko's uncle in Onikakushi-hen?

1. Rena wasn't worked up becuase Keiichi was finding out the details. She's worked up becuase he's lying to her. Recall that Rena is a good detective. As for being worked up, it's most likely becuase of Keiichi's paranoia state that amplified the statements.

2. Can't be sure if she really said that or not. She could've said that as a joke (again, with the paranoia amplification), or Keiichi just plain imagined that.

3. Started out as a joke, as Rena was probably enjoying the fact that Keiichi being confused as to why Rena knew about his house was empty and that he was having cup noodle for dinner. Of course, at that time Keiichi did not respond to the joke well, as he thought that Rena was spying on him. However, if you consider that Keiichi's parents were getting along with Rena well, it's not weird for Rena to know that his parents were gone for that day and that Keiichi were eating cup noodles for dinner.

4. In Minagoroshi-hen, a theory was present that proved the needle was actually not in the ohagi.

5. Treasure hunting. Rena has even said that in the game, and in Tsumihoroboshi-hen that we know that a way for Rena to vent her sad feelings is to go treasure hunting. As for the henchmen...not sure. Lots of theory are present, from cops to Sonozaki family members to just plain villagers. The theory that I believe is linked to Irie, and the theory itself is Matsuribayashi-hen material.

6. Probably not. Rena doesn't show symptoms that was present in Tsumihoroboshi-hen after she killed Rina and Teppei. (That being fatique, skipping club activites to go 'treasure hunting')
Old 2007-07-26, 22:54   Link #163
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Woah, thank you for those answers. I'm trying to avoid Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen materials for the time being.

Aside from that, are there any important details shown in the game in the first six chapters that were not shown in the anime nor the TIPS?
Old 2007-07-27, 01:21   Link #164
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Spoiler for About the different "arcs"...:
Shion's Sanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 05:26   Link #165
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity View Post
Spoiler for About the different "arcs"...:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-28, 13:11   Link #166
Level E
みwiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makahari2000 View Post
Question : Is Saikoroshi-hen canon, or just an alternate ending?
Saikoroshi is not an alternate ending. It's more like an elaborate epilogue to what happened after Chap 08 Matsuribayashi-hen. Yes, it is canon.

Quote:
1. Rena was worked up with Keichi knowing details of the dam incident. Was there a reason for this? Or is it just another of his delusions?
To add a bit more to what's already been said. Just think about it after knowing what you know about Rena's family life in Tsumihoroboshi-hen. Keiichi confronts her saying, you hiding something from me. Yes, Rena was. She kept her family life separate from her school life and didn't even left Mion know anything about it. So when Keiichi kept on prying (unwittingly), she kinda snapped. This is in addition to what Rias said above.

We know Rina relationship with her father happened in this chapter b/c Rina's relationship with her father is what causes Rena to find an escape away from her home which takes form as her Treasure Hunting.

Or are you talking about before this at the trash mounds (before Tomitake makes his entrance)? Both Mion and Rena avoid the issue as explained in Tatarigoroshi-hen. Put yourself in the position of Mion and Rena. When do you think it's appropriate to mention that the the other two girls in the group don't have parents? When should you explain the reasons for their parents' death and the eerie mystery around it? Keiichi just moved to the village. Satoko just finally started to get over her various lost. It's a topic they didn't want to touch upon just yet. Also, it's probably why Rena was apprehensive with Oishi suddenly appearing talking to Keiichi in private.

Quote:
4. The needle in the onigiri? Just a delusion?
Again to add to what Rias said above, the truth is there was no needle. Remember Mion said it was a game? The ohagi were spiked with Tabasco sauce which gave Keiichi the sharp pain in his mouth and the red fluid he saw after bitting into it. BTW an ohagi isn't an onigiri. Ohagi are sweet riceaball covered in sweet red bean paste with smooth texture. These are treats usually made in the spring ^^

Quote:
5. When Keiichi meets Rena in the road with a hatchet, can explain why? And why those two henchmen are chasing after him? Or were they chasing after Rena?
To add what Rias said. The day before, Keiichi frightens Rena with the bat. Rena warns him it's dangerous carrying around a weapon. Keiichi doesn't listen. So the next day, Rena brings the nata with her. This is to show by example how Keiichi is scaring everyone around him. The reason why I believe this is, in the game when Keiichi asks why she's carrying the nata, her immediate response was, why are you carrying a bat? When Keiichi make up his excuse to practice for baseball then she replies, oh I guess I'm going treasure hunting then. She was mimicking the absurdity of Keiichi's actions. She had no intention of causing him ill harm.

The henchmen. Should be clear after Minagoroshi-hen (chap 07).

Quote:
6. Last question, do I assume that Rena did kill Rina and Satoko's uncle in Onikakushi-hen?
No, she did not. If she did, she would ask Keiichi to join her treasure hunting, nor she would go to the extreme actions she took to bring Keiichi's sanity back.

Quote:
Aside from that, are there any important details shown in the game in the first six chapters that were not shown in the anime nor the TIPS?
Yes, a lot. I don't recall what exactly was in the anime, but I'll list the stuff that should be noted per chapter
Spoiler:
Level E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 21:07   Link #167
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makahari2000 View Post
Question : Is Saikoroshi-hen canon, or just an alternate ending?

If it's canon I may have to cry a little.
From what I've been hearing, I think it's more of an omake than anything. Doesn't sound like it fits.
Davidj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 21:24   Link #168
Aortic

Apparently the TIPS for Yoigoshi-hen can be read via mobile phone at Gangan Mobile....

Just curious if anyone knows how to track those down or would be interested in translating them? It's a very intriguing chapter!
Aortic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 02:25   Link #169
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
From what I've been hearing, I think it's more of an omake than anything. Doesn't sound like it fits.
Saigoroshi-hen is like an after-story that occurs after the end of Matsuribayashi-hen. It is omake in the sense that you are not obligated to read it in order to "finish" the game (since it was already finished).

However, the story is a direct continuation of Matsuribayashi-hen and is quite rich in plot, so I consider it to be a part of the Higurashi story (moreover, the ending also offered closure).
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 18:10   Link #170
Level E
みwiki

Personally, Saikoroshi-hen is probably one of my favorite chapters in Higurashi. It's pretty short, especially since there weren't any TIPS. And while Matsuribayashi-hen does answer and brings closure Higurashi's mysteries and overall story, Saikoroshi was a very deep story that bring closure to the Rika's story. It makes you really think of the value in the answer provided in Matsuribayashi and what was sacrificed for that answer.

Quote:
Apparently the TIPS for Yoigoshi-hen can be read via mobile phone at Gangan Mobile....
I've been looking for those.
This is GanGan Mobile's website:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/mobile/mgangan.html

I have yet to find it on their site ^^;
doko~ ?
Old 2007-07-30, 18:30   Link #171
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Can a summary/translation of Saikoroshi-hen be found somewhere here or even elsewhere? It would be great to read once the second season finishes airing.

This made me so confused. I thought you were talking about the true end:

Miotsukushi-hen

Is that translation available either?

From what I heard Rei was just for fun.O_O

Last edited by NightWish; 2007-07-30 at 18:50. Reason: Merged Posts
Old 2007-07-30, 18:45   Link #172
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Use the edit feature.

as for your questions :
1) There isn't any translation for Saikoroshi-hen. Most likely, there is the summary on the Wikipedia article, and some impressions found on the Higurashi Rei thread

2) Miotsukushi-hen doesn't have any translation either, and things might be harder since it is from the PS2 game. thus, extracting and translating the script is much more longer and tedious than the VN format.
Again, there is the Higurashi Matsuri thread for this.

Things might be provided later on, but it is unlikely that people would actually work on these before the second season ends.
Old 2007-07-30, 18:47   Link #173
Level E
みwiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion's Sanity View Post
This made me so confused. I thought you were talking about the true end:

Miotsukushi-hen

Is that translation available either?

From what I heard Rei was just for fun.O_O
Miotsukushi-hen is a variation of Matsuribayashi-hen for the PS2's Higurashi no Naku koro ni: Matsuri. I have not played the PS2 version so I can't comment on it.

But I can comment on Saikoroshi-hen.
Higurashi REI is a fan disc made for well, fans.
There are 3 stories in it. 2 of them are very silly. The main (or at least what I consider the main) story: Saikoroshi-hen is an epilogue to the events of Matsuribayashi-hen (the original Sound Novel's final Chapter). Like Sushi-Y said, it just an optional read. The story ended at Matsuribayashi-hen.

Saikoroshi is a small continuation of the same world of Matsuribayashi-hen. Think of it as an elaborate epilogue for Rika.

Last edited by Level E; 2007-07-30 at 19:02.
Old 2007-07-30, 20:48   Link #174
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level E View Post
I've been looking for those.
This is GanGan Mobile's website:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/mobile/mgangan.html

I have yet to find it on their site ^^;
doko~ ?
The mobile site can only be accessed through Japanese mobile services such as i-mode, EZweb, or Yahoo! Keitai. The service on Gangan's mobile site in particular costs 315 yen/month membership fee to access.

You can enter the site by scanning the QR code with your phone's QR code reader.

Long story short, you can't see the TIPs unless you live in Japan and own a cell phone with one of the above services (from DoCoMo or KDDI or Yahoo! Japan) and is a member of Gangan Mobile service.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-02, 02:01   Link #175
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Thank you very much for the answers O_O That really reveals a lot (and makes me want to play the whole game, but unfortunately I can't read Kanji and know little nihongo to play).
Old 2007-08-02, 02:25   Link #176
Shion's Sanity
Banned

The first arc is slowly being translated by fans, so don't despair.^^
Old 2007-08-02, 03:29   Link #177
Aortic

Dang, that seems like quite a tricky number of hurdles to jump over.

You think there are any Japanese fan-sites/wikis that have transcribed them out there?
Old 2007-08-02, 04:01   Link #178
Shion's Sanity
Banned

Three chapters of the first arc are already translated, as are about seven of the next-to-last one in the main series...That's better than nothing, right?
Old 2007-08-02, 05:37   Link #179
Aortic

Oh, sorry, I was talking about the Yoigoshi tips..

By the way, where's the best place to discuss Nekogoroshi-hen? Just got subbed by Hauu and there doesn't seem to be a thread about it..
Old 2007-08-02, 11:49   Link #180
Shion's Sanity
Banned

My forum?: P

You could try requesting a thread for it in that section. I actually think someone already did, but it has not been answered yet.