AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-11, 14:23   Link #41
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Where is the PAPER when you need her.
Old 2008-04-11, 21:00   Link #42
wao
OK.

I was wondering what this show reminded me of slightly and you all gave me the answer, in a chorus too... of course, Hachimaki and Ai in Planetes!

I actually thought I was going to be bored to death by this first episode, but I kinda liked it. The thick lined bits were kinda cute, and I can stand the SD bits. Honestly, I think I liked it just because the main two characters are so cute (oh dear).

But I'm (again) 100% with BluWacky on one thing: if this turns out to be like FMP I'm dropping it faster than you can say "bitch" because I can't stand that show either. I didn't realise I could be so irritated by an anime until I watched that... but I think this might be different, or at least my intuition (...) tells me so.

And the animation wasn't that bad: I think that's what I was most surprised about. Coming from the Trance Arts (is that how it's romanized? I forgot) dude who did Prince of Tennis, I was thinking this'll be on the level of Sisters of Wellber, but there were some nice acting sequences here and there that (gasp) reminded me slightly of TokiKake.
It was pleasant to note Takashi Mukaida and Yasunori Miyazawa (! So THAT'S where he is this season) in the genga credits.

Well, for a show I was thinking I'd drop from episode 1, I'm pleasantly surprised to say I'll continue watching for a bit... even if the background seems kinda ridiculous, it's somewhat interesting so I'm sure it's not hard to close an eye and enjoy it. Hopefully.
Old 2008-04-11, 22:54   Link #43
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Like a few others, the line art caught my eye almost right away. It was very well done and it made the episode seem like a comic book come alive.

And yes, like many others, I half-expected "Za Paper" to turn up anytime. It's a very interesting concept and I'm glad to see I.G. take it a little bit more seriously than R.O.D., ie, a ideology-censorship conflict based on conventional paramilitary tactics rather than larger-than-life super-powers.

The characters were all cute in their own way, and the SD moments served to enhance the humour, I felt. I don't remember the last time I've seen a female lead who is taller than the male lead. That alone sets up potential for a very amusing and lovable dynamic between the two characters.

Based on visuals and music alone, I get a mix of Blood+, R.O.D. and, strangely enough, Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo all at once. The character designs are reminiscent of Blood+, the concept is almost right out of R.O.D. and Iku reminds me alot of Makoto (Toki), especially when she argues with Atsushi.

So far, I'm quite pleased that the anime I've earmarked for the Spring season have all lived up to my expectations. This season is certainly looking a lot better than the last. Now, to check out Kaiba.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 00:49   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

*cough* Lovely Complex *cough* though this seems to be an entirely different animal -- only the height reversal is similar.

Anxious to see how this series plays out.
Old 2008-04-12, 08:00   Link #45
Astrana
MMmmmm Bacon~~~

I love the first episode...
Astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 08:09   Link #46
Westlo
Lets be reality

Loved the visuals and music, I liked the dojo scene and I will comment more when I can watch a sub.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 11:02   Link #47
Kaijin
かいじん

Loved it! Now I need subs to understand better, but it's definitely one I'm following this season!
Old 2008-04-12, 11:32   Link #48
deffusse
otaku[SK]

Wooow that was good, not good >> great. Definitely No. 1 after that 2 mecha anime [macrossF/geass2], and No.1 of it's genre. Oh she reminds me Tanabe Ai so much.... all the story is quite different from the other ones, the male char. seems also awesome. There is a love too. So what else can I ask from it?? >>SUBS
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 12:44   Link #49
Zutara21
Ninja Kitty

Honestly, I thought this episode was well structured and held my interested enough to want to see the next episode.

I agree that the line art definitely gave it that comic book-come to life- feel. The main character is a female protagonist, and as I have seen from watching the Raw, many people are commenting that they do not like this and that's what's making this anime "bad"/

I don't know if they are watching the same thing. To be precise, it doesn't have everything perfect. The main character is more RL than any I have really seen prior. She is trying to get strong, but she isn't. She is working towards her goal, but she needs help. Reminded me of Kennichi.

The main character guy is 5 cm shorter than her. The fact that they threw these things out there made me think it was to show that the characters all have flaws to really bring it more to RL and less like FMP, or something of the same caliber.

I am sincerely looking forward to the next episode! Can't wait! YAY! ^^

Spoiler for episode 1:

Last edited by Zutara21; 2008-04-12 at 13:50.
Zutara21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 23:32   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm delighted by the main characters and their personable "real" attributes. Looking forward to what else transpires.
Old 2008-04-15, 16:27   Link #51
leofish
Mia 'cova

nice to see another takahashi hitomi opening. cant wait to watch this subbed. Have any groups announced that they plan to sub toshokan sensou?
leofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 16:55   Link #52
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by leofish View Post
nice to see another takahashi hitomi opening. cant wait to watch this subbed. Have any groups announced that they plan to sub toshokan sensou?
Check: http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_SPRING_2008

3 groups so far have announced plans, but I don't know what's happening with each one. Maybe if you check their web sites they may state more of their plans/progress.
Old 2008-04-15, 17:42   Link #53
Kakulukiam
FMP*Addict
*Graphic Designer

I've recently seen ep 1 and this series totally owns!

Can't wait for the fansub.

Old 2008-04-17, 08:13   Link #54
Kai Yukari

I hope fansub groups are aware of how great a series this is. Apparently, the good ones are busy on Geass R2 they are overlooking this one. T_T

EDIT: I just saw fansubwiki and I'm glad Menclave is also doing this one, although they haven't released any eps yet, which I hope is a good sign that means they are ensuring a good quality release.
Kai Yukari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 13:35   Link #55
deffusse
otaku[SK]

todays ep.02 was great as expected, and one small "himitsu" revelation before the show ends..... I mean, you have to watch it.
Hope for the subs, thats like torture
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 13:41   Link #56
Kakulukiam
FMP*Addict
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
and one small "himitsu" revelation before the show ends.....
Spoiler for episode 2:

Wondering when the fansub comes out. Can't wait.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-04-18 at 01:17.
Kakulukiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 21:09   Link #57
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

^ You might want to use a spoiler tag. They've only just broadcast the episode so not everyone has watched it yet.

Spoiler for Ep.2:
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 22:46   Link #58
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

I am so shocked personally that there is so little love for this series. I mean, cut the slack on the popular series, and look at this visually appealing, cool and unique story. Now, I should go back to blogging the 2nd episode (which should be up in 2 hours), and to give whoever is interested (a very small number which is sad) an episode summary and thoughts about this series.

...i hope it gets a wider appeal soon!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 01:09   Link #59
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Same here... but its typical. "Too many" fansubbers on a few shows while many others go neglected.
Old 2008-04-18, 02:19   Link #60
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i watched the 2 first raw.
i must admit i have a hard time accepting the background of this anime, some subs understand better the reason why there is a police and some military unit to protect books might help me accept the background.
the design, the animation, the humor is pretty good.
hearing the VA of kana from minami-ke was pretty good.

hoping this get subs.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noitamina, production i.g.