AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-27, 15:02   Link #1661
Mungo0

Yipee! I've been talking to my friends. It looks like we can go over to Edinburgh on the 17th of October, since that's when my school holidays start. Pretty excited for this - I think it's always better to see the film in the theatre, since the atmosphere can be amazing at premieres.
Old 2010-09-28, 17:26   Link #1662
Ashaman

Lucky you

I've just realised that train fares only would cost me almost one hundred pounds. I think I'm going to have to give this one up.

Tch, and I'd already booked the cinema ticket
Old 2010-09-28, 17:41   Link #1663
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You people in New York treat Minorin well now.
Old 2010-09-28, 17:56   Link #1664
TMSIDR
Haruhi's Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Lucky you

I've just realised that train fares only would cost me almost one hundred pounds. I think I'm going to have to give this one up.

It's a little bit strange that my flight from Germany only costs ~70€^^;. I always think that it's illogical that traveling by plane is often cheaper than by train, especially because my distance is probably much bigger than yours.

I was surprised that there are probably multiple copies of the english subtitled version around because it looks like they were already delivered to Edinburgh ( http://yfrog.com/2mgkosaj ), so they should have another copy for the New York screening?!
Old 2010-09-28, 18:55   Link #1665
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSIDR View Post
It's a little bit strange that my flight from Germany only costs ~70€^^;. I always think that it's illogical that traveling by plane is often cheaper than by train, especially because my distance is probably much bigger than yours.

I was surprised that there are probably multiple copies of the english subtitled version around because it looks like they were already delivered to Edinburgh ( http://yfrog.com/2mgkosaj ), so they should have another copy for the New York screening?!
Yeah, that's different than the one from Bandai. It's a bit annoying that there's (at least) two copies of the 35 mm film version with English subtitles from Kadokawa and yet none on the DVD/BD.

(I'm jealous of your flight cost. My trip to see the premiere in SF was close to 486€ mostly due to the flight.)

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-09-29, 01:49   Link #1666
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Lucky you

Where are you traveling from? Maybe someone on this forum lives fairly close to you, and it would be cheaper to drive up there together and split the fuel costs? The UK seems to have a decent-sized contingent on these forums. It'd be a shame to give up that ticket...
Old 2010-09-29, 02:24   Link #1667
Mungo0

Well, that means there's a possibility that they could be releasing the film in other British theatre, but... I doubt it. The film is aimed at a niche market after all.

I'll be staying with my friend in Oxford, and then we'll catch the overnight train to Edinburgh - go and explore Edinburgh in the morning then proceed to start queuing up at 12pm to get the best seats. :P Any data on how many tickets have been booked for the film?
Old 2010-09-29, 12:34   Link #1668
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Damn, I wanted to watch it a second time on big screen but Edinburgh is a 400 mile drive away from where I live... and then there's the return trip. Thats pretty heavy on fuel costs...
But if it was the first time seeing it in the cinema, that'll be a different story, I WOULD go. So if you haven't seen it on big screen yet, you really should treat yourself to this one time occasion, you won't get this chance again. Even after the home release, its a completely different experience to watching it on a big-ass screen.

禁則事項です
Old 2010-10-01, 16:02   Link #1669
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
During Panty and Stocking today there was a CM for the DVD/BD. It contained some spoilers about the movie, but something everyone's likely known already. Earlier, this post had pictures, but now...

If anyone would like some screencaptures, I've uploaded them here. Also confirmed through this is an addition to the bonus features disc! We now have:
7. News Flash CM (The one of Yuki after Someday in the Rain), Trailer (the one on 12/18), TV Spot, and Goods CM on the disc.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-10-02 at 07:29.
Old 2010-10-06, 00:38   Link #1670
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

Dec. 18th, eh?

Im so impatient. I cant wait that long.

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2010-10-06, 00:41   Link #1671
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaruhiIncarnate View Post
Dec. 18th, eh?

Im so impatient. I cant wait that long.
Well its something we have to suffer through anyway.. But when it comes, we will defiantly love it
Old 2010-10-06, 00:49   Link #1672
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Well its something we have to suffer through anyway.. But when it comes, we will defiantly love it
Hmph. Guess your right. I waited for S2 of Haruhi for 1 year. And the movie for a year. Were lucky the movie is coming out on DVD in less than a year. 2 more months wont hurt.

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Old 2010-10-06, 16:01   Link #1673
Othello~
*Author

Quote:
Hmph. Guess your right. I waited for S2 of Haruhi for 1 year. And the movie for a year. Were lucky the movie is coming out on DVD in less than a year. 2 more months wont hurt.
If the novel came out along with it I think the wait would be worth it .
Old 2010-10-06, 16:46   Link #1674
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
That's for those of you willing to pay Japanese import prices. For those of us unwilling to do that, it'll be over two months plus however many months it takes for Bandai to release the discs in R1. I can tell you right now that any notion of a simultaneous Japanese/American/Western release is wishful thinking.
Old 2010-10-06, 20:48   Link #1675
netvope
SOS-Dan

For those who have pre-ordered the movie DVD, which version have you chosen? Referring to ultimatemegax's post, you get different bonus items if you order from different places.
Old 2010-10-06, 23:46   Link #1676
darktruth

I've already pre-ordered 4 copies of the LE release. I've ordered the LE BD release from Animate and Amazon Japan's limited edition steel book while two other pre-orders from Amiami and HMV Japan were for the LE DVD version as they're getting the same store bonuses like the LE BD edition. I still plan to pre-order KyoAni's edition and Toranoana's release as well, so SIX LE copies I plan to buy in total.
Old 2010-10-07, 05:17   Link #1677
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
so SIX LE copies I plan to buy in total.
That sounds extremely expensive.
Old 2010-10-07, 08:10   Link #1678
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
That sounds extremely expensive.
Fear the dedicated collector!

As for me, I'm just buying the Amazon edition with the steelbook case.
Old 2010-10-07, 09:23   Link #1679
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Normal LE BD here

One restaurant in Taiwan (Fatimaid) is participating in the release of the movie from 10/15-10/24 by offering some special character drinks and a sandwich meal. They're also giving away posters and coupons with a purchase of the set. More information at the official blog. I'm waiting to see people laugh at the new meaning of the SOS Brigade.

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-10-17 at 21:19.
Old 2010-10-07, 11:25   Link #1680
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

In April, I believe, Bandai licsensed(sp?) 'Disappearance'. It would be pretty neat if the english dubbed DVD came out within this year also.

Dont bother crushing my dreams because I know it wont. But still....

]:<

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen