AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-10-08, 19:15   Link #18901
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I just put it in Neo-Bird Mode and set it on a shelf.
I was tempted to do the same, and while the shield and rifles would hold together in that mode just fine, there was nothing I could do for the wings. I eventually got rid of all the models I had, though, they just weren't holding together. If I get another model I'm hoping it sticks together.
Old 2010-10-08, 19:19   Link #18902
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I was tempted to do the same, and while the shield and rifles would hold together in that mode just fine, there was nothing I could do for the wings. I eventually got rid of all the models I had, though, they just weren't holding together. If I get another model I'm hoping it sticks together.
The only problem I've had like that with my models is getting the hands to hold the weapon(s), but for some reason I have a much bigger problem with getting the damned things to stay balanced.
Kuroi Hadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 21:53   Link #18903
loon1688

HG Gundam Zabanya, Harute, Raphael

finally done all 4 gundams from Gundam 00 Movie....
HG Zabanya

HG Harute

HG Raphael

HG Seravee II soon?
loon1688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 22:17   Link #18904
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

You made em look perfect.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 23:32   Link #18905
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

You spoony bard. I haven't even gotten any of the movie Gundams yet.
Old 2010-10-09, 00:24   Link #18906
yeahitschris

going to pick up death scythe MG soon. would you guys recommending...

a) using spray paint tamiya colors

or

b) using the liquid regular tamiya colors?

and what colors should i get? i was planning on making the dark blue/navy blue part black and then leaving the gold part alone.

*note*: i am still kind of new painting. only got one kit so far, that is a MG wing gundam ver ka.
Old 2010-10-09, 01:43   Link #18907
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
What about the design do you not like?
Well there are a few points;

1. When the bits are on the sword, it's a Gundam with a goofy looking sword with nothing else, no shield, nothing.

2. All the other suits have evolved (or changed in Raphael's case) alot, Qan[T] just looks like the 00 got 'in shape'.

3. Overall dislike with the designs of some parts, notably the head and chest.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:49   Link #18908
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
I see there's alot of 00Q fans here.. To be honest I think the design is crap.
00Q is pretty awesome, unlike 00 Raiser which looked HORRIBLE, IMO.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 01:57   Link #18909
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I agree on the GN Sword V, it's not TERRIBLE.

But I much liked the GN Sword II,III and Blaster better. I would of preferred designs like that, only more updated.
Old 2010-10-09, 02:41   Link #18910
JC...
I am a Pie

Exia is my favourite out of the three in the series. Astrea Type-F is probably my favourite gundam from 00.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 05:12   Link #18911
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

I prefer 00Q's design over 00R, also prefer Sword V over any other of the previous generations.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 12:37   Link #18912
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

The 00R was my least favorite design in the Exia lineage, but somewhat ironically I prefer the GN Swords II the most.
Old 2010-10-09, 13:06   Link #18913
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
I prefer 00Q's design over 00R, also prefer Sword V over any other of the previous generations.
Just to think that a week before the movie came out you were having some reservations about it >__>

But yeah, my opinion of the 00Q has changed as well for the better (used to be below 00R but now it's on par. Maybe even better in the future). Not because of the movie, but because the HG has done something to me. Some sort of voodoo magic that made me fell in love with it.

Of course, the movie helped a bit too but it was not the definitive factor; ironically.

However, this is after I sorted out the Bits issue. I created a custom setup using a plastic pole I bought plus plasticine(IE clay) and those malleable wires thing(the same type used for GN Short Sword II, found them at a hardware store) to pose them in the air. It went through a few prototypes but I guess I've improved it to a decent level that satisfy me. Best part is I can carry the whole setup (00Q on the action base plus the Bit poles) around with one hand while still being stable. I like carrying my stand around so I made it to fit this habit of mine.

============

However, I think both my HG 00Rs are feeling neglected lately because of it. I would not be surprised if they decided to murder/dismantle my HG 00Q one night out of jealousy.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2010-10-09 at 13:32.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 13:08   Link #18914
kakakka

I guess I am the only one that likes 00 Raiser the most out of the CQC lineage.. ?

That's quite sad....
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 13:30   Link #18915
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Just to think that a week before the movie came out you were having some reservations about it >__>
You misunderstood me. What I was trying to say back then was that 00Q's design was inefficient as a unit designed for combat. It could have featured twice the weapons it had but it didn't. I said I liked it's form quite a bit as well. It looks great, slick and clean, in every way superior to 00R.

I guess my opinion changed a bit when I understood it's role and purpose. I'm happy it turned out this way. Damn you Setsuna, you and your partible bursts

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 13:34   Link #18916
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I guess I am the only one that likes 00 Raiser the most out of the CQC lineage.. ?

That's quite sad....
I'm still a bit torn about 00R and 00Q at the moment as well. I'm in a 00Q phase but I've always loved 00R a lot as well.

For me it's a bit hard, each of them have their own X-factor IMO. I'm in a honeymoon period with 00Q but I'm not sure whether the opinion will stay long term or not. I do know that they are my top 2 in the AD series, however.
Old 2010-10-09, 14:28   Link #18917
justavisitor

@SonicSP

you mean AU?? AD is just the gundam 00

And it would be nice if you can show us a photo of sword bits flying in mid air..I am sure many other ppl would fall for 00Q after seeing your nice pic XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-09, 22:52   Link #18918
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
@SonicSP

you mean AU?? AD is just the gundam 00

And it would be nice if you can show us a photo of sword bits flying in mid air..I am sure many other ppl would fall for 00Q after seeing your nice pic XD
No, I meant AD.

I'll post it later if I have the time. My digicam's memory card is damaged. I can use my iphone camera maybe but it's quality pretty bad.

Bit embarrassed to show it off. I'm sure some already made their better ones. But I've improved it s lot from the last version which is super messy so maybe I will.

But I can't imagine posing 00Q without the flying Sword Bits. It's like one of their main purposes, so I've been thinking about this stand thing even before the HG came out, after finding out they won't include a stand.
Old 2010-10-09, 23:22   Link #18919
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

I'll be passing by my local hobby shop to buy some styrene sheets and I was wondering what size I should buy and what tools to use to cut them. Also, I want to ask how do I cut/carve patterns/shapes off of the plastic sheets. I'll be starting my first custom build project since school's already ended(won't be back until Nov.), so I'll spend my days building. Tips and suggestions will be welcome.
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 04:34   Link #18920
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

http://www.modelers-g.jp/modules/mya...o.php?lid=2232

Tieren sniper.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy